• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ezekiel, do you use windowed, no frame? I do.
I have never used a texture pack.
I use windowed but with frame. I use Dermott's Icon pack and I have inside Pinco's UI set the mini-texture Dermott's Leather.

It has just started doing this today. I've played for hours and hours yesterday and the days leading up to the big IDOC day. I'm positive it started today.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use windowed but with frame. I use Dermott's Icon pack and I have inside Pinco's UI set the mini-texture Dermott's Leather.

I has just started doing this today. I've played for hours and hours yesterday and the days leading up to the big IDOC day. I'm positive it started today.
from your screenshot is clear that you are using the dermott copper texture pack, that is not working for the latest version.
Try this:

1) uninstall the UI from the UI patcher

2) clear all the files from the UserInterface folder (leave Default.zip)

3) delete waypoints.xml from UserData

4) backup your UserData folder

5) empty the UserData folder.

6) reinstall the UI.
(DO NOT INSTALL ANY TEXTURE PACK)

7) try if the problem persist (don't bother to manually restore your settings, just try for the problem)

8) if the problem is not showing, close the game and try to restore the UserData folder (your backup).

9) try again with your settings, so we can see again if you had this problem.
(In this case we can understand if is one of your settings to cause it).

then let me know :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unistalled, reinstalled, nothing installed except Pinco's, problem unchanged.

I'll just live with it

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unistalled, reinstalled, nothing installed except Pinco's, problem unchanged.

I'll just live with it
it could be a client bug at this point since there is no way at all that the map window can get out the window borders... even if the UI crash, the map cannot do that...

let's wait ezekiel to see if he find some problem :p

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will confirm that some of my characters have the same map problem and some not. I'm trying to look what is the difference between them.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm getting closer to the problem. When i zoom in or out slowly on the map a little bit at a time at some point i press the green button on top then the map change to the tactical map where you can choose the facet.

Just after changing the zoom level press the little green button. It should change at some point.

I hope i make some sense. :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm getting closer to the problem. When i zoom in or out slowly on the map a little bit at a time at some point i press the green button on top then the map change to the tactical map where you can choose the facet.

Just after changing the zoom level press the little green button. It should change at some point.

I hope i make some sense. :)
that's could happen only if you have the scale mode active, because while zooming you are also scaling the map... and on login the map will return inside the borders...

The tactical map is also automatically disabled on logout...

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scale mode is always off.

I found out that the zoom level in the map has to be set just right before you can chaneg the map into tactical map.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh well, nevermind, I've added some code to bring the map back inside the border in case it fall off so in any case will be enough logout to fix the problem :p

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
fyi this is also happening with the grid inside the containers they are going of to the right of the grid and when you use the scroll down option items dissapear and only rewshow on manual resize of the window to snap it back

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
fyi this is also happening with the grid inside the containers they are going of to the right of the grid and when you use the scroll down option items dissapear and only rewshow on manual resize of the window to snap it back
this WAS happening before the 5.2a :p

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I fell asleep this morning. I'm reinstalling now.

The install I did this morning, I forgot to delete the contents of the UserData folder after I backed it up.

After that install though the problem still existed.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The poision message checkbox doesn't appear to work...Specifically with the Medusa-like mass poision some mobs have now. The message "* XXX begins to spasm uncontrollably. *" still spams the screen into uselessness :sad4: Can this be completely supressed by the UI?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok the full deletion of the UserData folder seems to have solved the problem.

Now I want to restore my individual character data from the backup. We'll see if it screws it up or not.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far so good. I pasted my character's XML file back into the UserData folder and it all still seems to be working properly.

Pinco, can I re-install the texture pack or not? I cannot stand the horrid orange and gold default UI colors.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
have you tried the textures located at the bottom of the pinco ui tab ? or is that what you are using before?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far so good. I pasted my character's XML file back into the UserData folder and it all still seems to be working properly.

Pinco, can I re-install the texture pack or not? I cannot stand the horrid orange and gold default UI colors.
you can use the mini texture pack as suggested by storm, the texture pack doesn't work until dermott not update it.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've already changed back the mini-texture pack back to Dermott's Leather.

But, this only effects the background on hotbars. It's the icons and borders and everything else that the texture pack changes.

Well I'm gonna try it. I'll re-install it and see if it breaks again.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you install the texture pack, you're gonna generate lot of errors around and also losing half of the features.... your choice...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*Fires up Pandora, loads up Notebook2, Gimp, and opens few folders*

*listens to Pink Floyd and begins some coding work*

Less than an hour later, looks like Third Dawn is good to go... on to Copper which should be easier as it tends to not use quite as many coding tweaks that have to be ported over to work.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hmm having trouble porting over the Copper code, will have to do a complete redo probably later this week/this weekend. Third Dawn is ready but not uploaded yet, will do that tomorrow once I make sure everything is good to go.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I copied and pasted the same Copper Pinco textures I downloaded last August. Everything seems to be working just fine.

I've played and run around now for several hours. I haven't found any functions or anything else that isn't working. That map problem is gone. It opens up correctly in the center of my screen and everything is as it should be. I've opened it up a hundred times in every single place I've been. Works fine now.

Dermott am I using an older version of Copper? The icons that I downloaded recently are not the same ones I've used forever. See my first screenshot in the post directly above. Did you change those?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
There is a problem with the map I am only using the mini textures and the map is not functioning even close to the correct way! it stops switching between the two some times it will appear half off screen etc like Ezekiel says

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well so far since the re-install yesterday I've had no problems with the map or any other functions of the UI that I'm aware of.

I did reload Dermott's Copper Pinco textures but not the latest one that's on the website. I wish he hadn't have changed it. I prefer the traditional look of the spell and skill icons and the rest that matches it.

Anyway, since Pinco, you said I'd have problems with the UI functioning properly if I reloaded the textures, I haven't. It seems to be working as it did before.

Since I seen that others are having the same problem with the map that I had I would guess there's some conflict between the older files and the newer ones in 5.2a or in the last client update. Since they both happened on the same day it's hard to know for sure.

The first re-install, when I forgot to delete the entire contents of the UserData folder did not work. The map problem still existed. After a complete delete of the folder and then re-installing, the map problem was fixed.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well so far since the re-install yesterday I've had no problems with the map or any other functions of the UI that I'm aware of.

I did reload Dermott's Copper Pinco textures but not the latest one that's on the website. I wish he hadn't have changed it. I prefer the traditional look of the spell and skill icons and the rest that matches it.

Anyway, since Pinco, you said I'd have problems with the UI functioning properly if I reloaded the textures, I haven't. It seems to be working as it did before.

Since I seen that others are having the same problem with the map that I had I would guess there's some conflict between the older files and the newer ones in 5.2a or in the last client update. Since they both happened on the same day it's hard to know for sure.

The first re-install, when I forgot to delete the entire contents of the UserData folder did not work. The map problem still existed. After a complete delete of the folder and then re-installing, the map problem was fixed.
You just lost 2 tab in user settings and all the related options, paperdoll background and others...

however the map problem may have lot of causes especially if the profile is passed through many versions and UI...

J

Jonathan Baron

Hmm having trouble porting over the Copper code, will have to do a complete redo probably later this week/this weekend. Third Dawn is ready but not uploaded yet, will do that tomorrow once I make sure everything is good to go.
You will have my deep and sincere appreciation Dermott....I'm holding off on updating until your splendid icons and copper textures are good to go :)

Well....I was taking Locusts Week off anyway...

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco I'm not sure which menu tabs I'm missing. I have Pinco's UO, Mobiles Bar, and New Chat.

Those are the same tabs as I had before the latest update.

Also, the paperdoll background is working and updating fine on all my elf and gargoyle characters.

I recall around to city, forest and dungeon and the background is there.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ARGH!!!!!!!!

Pinco it's broken!!!!!!

I am not sure what is wrong but I can no longer rename any pet. Everytime I attempt to rename a pet I hit the rename thing and then it says "Cancelled Action".... in the log...

I don't know what is wrong but I don't think it's me... HELP! I need to name my pet!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 5.2b

• Added a new buff that appears while you are casting a spell. It also shows how long the casting will takes.
    NOTE: This buff do not consider the lag.
  • Added the shop background for paperdolls.
  • Increased the font size of the extra properties.
  • Fixed a bug with the changeling tag.
  • On login now the map will be brought inside the window borders in the rare case that it fall off.
  • Now you will be able to see the basic item type of magical items in the item properties.
  • Fixed a bug that prevents to see the grid on empty containers after dropping an item.
  • Added the Vacuum action. This action execute the organizer on every open container except your backpack and the destination container.
  • Using CTRL + right click on a stackable item (inside a container), allows you to drag only 1 from the stack.
  • Now when you have the overweight buff active, the buff warning do not blink continuously anymore.
  • Improved the buff/debuff icon's blink.
  • Fixed the reset button into the User Settings:
    • Now it will not reset the main game settings (related to all characters), but only the one related to the current character.
    • Can be used to reset the character profile except hotbars and macros.
    • Hotbars, and any other window will have their position and scale reset.
  • Now there is no more the "default chat", since the new chat has nothing less and there is no reason to keep the old one available.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco naming of pets is still broken.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
to rename a pet you have to say: "i wish to rename into <NEW PET NAME>"
it's the only way since the first version of the UI :D

I have tried and tried and tried and everytime it says "Action Cancelled".

And I do NOT get the cursor to target my pet.

Since the last 2 updates each time I click my pet and get the gump I chose "Rename".... I get the little box that pops up and says "i wish to rename into <NEW PET NAME>" I type out the words but I do NOT get the target... Each time I click the "rename" button and the box comes up I get the message "Cancelled Action"...

Please check Pinco I think it's broken.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried and tried and tried and everytime it says "Action Cancelled".

And I do NOT get the cursor to target my pet.

Since the last 2 updates each time I click my pet and get the gump I chose "Rename".... I get the little box that pops up and says "i wish to rename into <NEW PET NAME>" I type out the words but I do NOT get the target... Each time I click the "rename" button and the box comes up I get the message "Cancelled Action"...

Please check Pinco I think it's broken.
I ignore bug reports in here.

However since this is NOT a bug, try with a clear profile could solve your problem...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I ignore bug reports in here.

However since this is NOT a bug, try with a clear profile could solve your problem...

If it's not a bug why is it broken on all 6 of my tamers?

R

Ruby of Pacific

I am not sure what is wrong but I can no longer rename any pet. Everytime I attempt to rename a pet I hit the rename thing and then it says "Cancelled Action".... in the log...
Are you trying to type into the client's pet re-namer window?

You don't do it that way with Pinco's.

You would 'say', for example, "I wish to rename into A Giant Beetlejuice" out loud, the same way one would say 'bank' or 'vendor buy', then you'd click the pet.

I believe Pinco did it this way to get around the traditional pet-naming limitations. For one thing, Pinco's UI can add spaces and punctuation. People sometimes ask me how the heck I named my G-Dragon "Ruby's Greater Dragon, Lucrezia".

Pinco's, that's how.

THANKS, PINCO! YOU ROCK!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I say it.... I say it and say it and say it...

However in the game I see in the journal it says "Cancelled Action"...

and I never ever get the target cursor like I used to get to target the pet I wish to rename. And this is since the last 3 patches.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say it.... I say it and say it and say it...

However in the game I see in the journal it says "Cancelled Action"...

and I never ever get the target cursor like I used to get to target the pet I wish to rename. And this is since the last 3 patches.

Make Sure you type it exacly right:

Cancelled action you only see when you try to use the context menu on the pet.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm... I'm sure I'm doing it right but it isn't working for me either. I don't get a target cursor.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remeber that If you say "I wish to rename into" without pet name the cursor don't come up.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep I know that. Not working. I renamed all my pets using Pinco's UI. I know how to use it. It's not working.

Pinco's UI ver 5.2a

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep I know that. Not working. I renamed all my pets using Pinco's UI. I know how to use it. It's not working.

Pinco's UI ver 5.2a

Thank you! I knew I was doing it right! However now in Pinco's 5.2b it is now working again.

Thank you Pinco.:):love::)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh well, seeems that mysterious bug decided to fix himself, since I've not looked at all for this problem....

Again, if you want to report a bug post it here: Bugs Report - Pinco's UI & UO Template Editor

If you don't want to register pm the bug to storm that will make the report.

This post is not for bugs.

A

anvira

Re: Issue with hotbars

For some reason i cannot locate where these hotbars are in my user details in order to deleate them.

Oddly enough, when i right click on them, i dont get the option to deleat them either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ok, so I managed to figure this out.

Anyone else who might have issues with this - any of the (-)hotbars will do this, you just have to go into notepad and deleate them! :)

So - figured that one out. However, now everytime i restart the client, the hotbars that i just deleated come back.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!