• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

J

Jonathan Baron

Don't downplay the bug, it was perma spamming it, filling up the screen of all guild members constantly. not just 15 times.
Indeed it was a huge problem for large guilds, Mervyn, but the nice thing about this UI is that its author addresses problems very quickly. This is how he expresses his devotion to the game....this and the enthusiastic, upbeat videos he creates on You Tube, the extensive guides he has written covering this UI's every feature and his marvelous template editor.

All this despite the fact that people who have never once hit the contribute button on his site are often the folks who flame him with the greatest vigor or get hopping mad when he asks them to post bug reports there instead of here.

Not saying that's you....not taking issue with you in the least. It's just that, from my point of view, it when things don't go smoothly is the time I tend to take stock of what he's done more keenly....odd, I know :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco things are totally awesome can't say enough for your UI.

I agree with Martyna it would be nice if Alliance members were included in the map.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
did you do something with the moongate menu? cause they arent working for me.
it makes the noise but no menu.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
did you do something with the moongate menu? cause they arent working for me.
it makes the noise but no menu.

Yes, thats one of the things that happends when the UI crashes. Relogging fix it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The version 5.2 is in upload!

In this version I've totally rewritten the main UI core and the system that creates the Item Properties.
This has increased the overhall performance and removed some glitch (like the flashing properties). The old script "ItemPropertiesInfo" made by many users (too many) is now gone (it's just a db now).

Now, about the item properties, there is an open path to add more info, so if you need to know something special while reading its mods just ask :D

The second improvement is about the regions: now I can set areas available just in a specific shard. So if there is a building made by EM, Devs, Players of historical importance contact me so I can add to this list.
The first building added to this list is: Serpent's Cross Tavern of atlantic.

Here is the changelog:

• Added 2 new options on User Settings -> Pinco's UI:
    • Share Location With Alliance and Guild: allows to send your location to all the alliance members so they can see your waypoint on the map.
    • Share Health With Alliance and Guild: allows to send your health status to your alliance members so they can see your health over your waypoint on the map.
  • Improved the communication of position and health for all the new sharing systems.
  • The position sharing system now send a message every 30 seconds to prevents the removal of the waypoints for inactivity.
  • The command following commands has been removed:
    • "i wish to create the healthbar"
    • "i wish to ignore this item"
  • Now you can see the powerwords inside the bard spellbook.
  • Fixed the words of power of meteor swarm, summon daemon, summon earth elemental and summon water elemental into the spellbook.
  • Added more data to the spell speed calculator.
  • The target details for players now shows the right sdi value.
  • Improved the overhall code in order to increase the performance.
  • Improved the waypoint drawing area, now is fitting better on the map size.
  • Improved the waypoint drawing system, now has better performance.
  • Added the missing juka loyalty.
  • Increased the maximum number of characters of each new chat line.
  • Added a system to the main update cycle to prevents UI crashes.
  • Polymorph buff icon now is shown correctly.
  • Re-written the item properties code:
    • Now grants better performance
    • The intensity info now shows the min and max value for each res on the armor pieces.
    • The intesity value shown, will be the real imbuing value. The unravel value is no more visible.
    • The flashing problem is completely fixed.
  • Fixed a bug that moves the container background in grid legacy mode.
  • Now when a skill is increased or decreased, there will be a number inside the brackets that shows the total gains for that skill during the game session.
    NOTE: Logging out will reset those values.
  • The UI now can handle unique shards locations. If you want to share one of those areas contact me.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow.. i use CC but im hating the pinco ui :(

So many spam now from alliance members, this is irritating.

STATUS REQUEST... POS REQUEST.. etc etc.. bah

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you can always ask you alliance members to turn it off and if they will not do that you have the option to block them!

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can always ask you alliance members to turn it off and if they will not do that you have the option to block them!
Yes, Im doing that. Too bad pinco used guild or alliance (worst idea ever) messages to share whatever info he wants to share because all people using CC is getting alot of spam.

Ppl using CC just get annoyed by so many spam. I still hate pinco ui. :/

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You should try it and see what you are missing...

Thanks Pinco for your continued amazing work. Your UI falls into the category of one of those things that is "too good to be true", but actually is true...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, Im doing that. Too bad pinco used guild or alliance (worst idea ever) messages to share whatever info he wants to share because all people using CC is getting alot of spam.

Ppl using CC just get annoyed by so many spam. I still hate pinco ui. :/
this just meaning that your alliance members hate you :D

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a lot of items dont show the item properties, and when i roll my mouse wheel it no longer scrolls through the attackable enemies, just the "red" ones.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, seriously, you cant spam non-pinco like this.. fix please asap

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, seriously, you cant spam non-pinco like this.. fix please asap

Yeah, sorry nothing i can't change from my end. But the first thing i do daily is to get Bods and take care of aquariums so i have to switch a lot. :(

I realy don't want to annoy my allies! :(

S

Scoobs

I'm having the same issues with alliance chat and spam. When I turn off new chat, I can't then access alliance chat at all?

Also, backpack grids are no longer remembering zoom settings.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have this problem, I've just double checked and I get the update request just once on login.

Are you using any kind of texture pack?

For all the others bugs, post in the right place, I just ignore those posts since this is not the right place :p

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have this problem, I've just double checked and I get the update request just once on login.

Yes, Status update request is only when i log in. I don't see it myself . :)
But when i switch often for Bods and aquarium/vendor tasks the other people in Ally chat see the Update request often. I can understand it can annoy them when i do that.

Maybe if the message was instead of "Status Update request " New Frarc is logging in it would look less annoying to them. :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, Status update request is only when i log in. I don't see it myself . :)
But when i switch often for Bods and aquarium/vendor tasks the other people in Ally chat see the Update request often. I can understand it can annoy them when i do that.

Maybe if the message was instead of "Status Update request " New Frarc is logging in it would look less annoying to them. :)
This is not meant to be a courtesy message, is a communication packet :D

I'm sure that they can find out a very personal solution, otherwise why they call it CC (Cheating Client)? :lol:

Jokes apart, that message is not annoying, but if you have a whole guild logging on and off continuously there is not much to do :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the next version:

• Added a new option "Enable Guild/Alliance Waypoints":
    • This allows you to see your guild/alliance members waypoint onto the map.
    • Every guild/alliance member MUST have pinco's UI 5.1j or higher version to send you the data.
    • If this option is enabled, you will broadcast a message to your guild/alliance that could result annoying for the ones that are using CC.
happy now? :next:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
version 5.2a is out

• Fixed a bug with item properties that sometimes are not shown.
  • Shields base resistances now will be ignored by the unravel calculator.
  • The skills timers are back.
  • Added the buff/debuff warning system. This system just shows a quick blink effect on the buff/debuff gem when a new buff appears. The blink effect has the same color of the buff (red, green or blue). Can be disabled from User Settings -> Pinco's UI -> Enable Buff/Debuff Blink.
  • Added a new option "Enable Guild/Alliance Waypoints":
    • This allows you to see your guild/alliance members waypoint onto the map.
    • Every guild/alliance member MUST have pinco's UI 5.1j or higher version to send you the data.
    • If this option is enabled, you will broadcast a message to your guild/alliance that could result annoying for the ones that are using CC.
  • Fixed some bugs in the unravel calculator that returns the wrong result.

A

Aryn86

Hey, very cool UI, love to use it.

But after the recent updates I have two questions.
First - would it be possible to increase the font size of the "imbuing info" on items?

Second - Before the update there often was a line on high intensity enchanted essence items like "enhance with valorite"..is there a reason why this line is gone now?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, very cool UI, love to use it.

But after the recent updates I have two questions.
First - would it be possible to increase the font size of the "imbuing info" on items?

Second - Before the update there often was a line on high intensity enchanted essence items like "enhance with valorite"..is there a reason why this line is gone now?
I can increse the font size...
I've rebuild the item properties completely and the enhance part has been removed since was a nonsense, it was telling the material in order to increse the intensity for unraveling. Actually with the new loot system that enhance suggestion became obsolete since you have about 100% chance to break the item :D

A

Aryn86

Ah..ok, I understand... ;)

A bigger font size (or maybe the option to customize it?) would be very cool.. :)

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco I'm having a problem with the map/tactical map.

When I open the tactical map it opens in the center of my screen most of the time. Sometimes however it opens up different, without the facet/world info and it opens up half on half off screen.

It expands the map right there in the corner where I keep the mini-map and then half of it is offscreen so I cannot return to mini-map or unlock it because the buttons are offscreen.

Here's where I keep mini-map in the upper right-hand corner of my screen.

This is how it should open up and how I have it set to.

Here's is where and how it opens in some places, see it's half off screen and the facet/world info is not there.

I cannot find any setting that would change this?

I have [highlight]Enable Map Area/Facet Combo[/highlight] UNCHECKED for the mini-map. I always have. I'm the one that suggested you put this in in the first place. I liked it from another UI before I started using yours.

I've edited this original post to reflect the discovery that it was not just the one character.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the little lock in the corner of the map

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The mini-map is locked on all my characters. The tactical map should open up in the center of my screen. Sometimes though it's half off screen.

You can see too that its' missing the Facet and World buttons. It's like it's simply enlarging the mini-map instead of opening the tactical map.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
did you lock BOTH maps in the position you wanted?

and log out that way NOT EXIT game

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, something's definitely screwy with the map.

I just installed 5.2a earlier and that's when it started.

It turns out it's not just one character its all of them. What's happening depends upon where I am in the world. That had me not realizing it because all my other characters are logged out in the same place.

I tried going to Malas or Compassion Desert and Spirituality and Justice Isle. The map is acting up.

In some places it opens up in the center of the screen, the tactical map, like it's supposed to do. In other places the mini-map just enlarges in place and expands off the screen. It was definitely NOT doing this before the last patch. Either the UO patch or Pinco's 5.2a patch messed up the atlas.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yes he made some changes to the map I was having some resize problems with it! So I bet thats it inless there is a new option we are missing somewhere!

Also noticed the containers are not working right when you resize you can loose stuff in the bags meaning it does not show the whole bag inside like it used to meaning of to the right not vert!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I will file a bug report tomorrow on the containers! If you can do a report on the maps if not send me the info and i will make one on his site if you are not signed up there

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I'm not signed up on his site. I'm leaving for work in just a few minutes too.

Depending upon where you are the map opens up one way or the other.

You can see from the screenshots what I mean. At that spot where the map is in the center like it should be, every character opens it up there. If you recall to somewhere else, for example Spirituality, it opens up offscreen like that everytime.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok I will send something to pinco! on a side note you should be able to fix this by going in and manual changing the cords for that characters data for that map! If you are not sure what you are doing or want to try it just make a back up copy and save to desktop ...if not comfertable with it leave it and we will see what he says

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're not getting though that it's not just where the map is opening up. It's a different map too.

See the map in the center. I has the facet/world stuff at the top. The map that is opening up screwy and offscreen does not have it.

Same character, same UI, recall to different location the map acts differently.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
do you have map area/facet combo checked or unchecked?

the reason i ask is one works through context menu one does not

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're not getting though that it's not just where the map is opening up. It's a different map too.

See the map in the center. I has the facet/world stuff at the top. The map that is opening up screwy and offscreen does not.

Same character, same UI, recall to different location the map acts differently.
I tried running into desert or any other place I don't have this problem at all.

Since you are using a texture pack that could be the cause, also you can try with a clear profile...

EDIT: yes is confirmed the texture packs do not works on version 5.2.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
map thing is happening for me too, including on a character newly made last night. No texture pack in use, just pinco's.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I edited my posts to reflect that I realized it wasn't just the one character but all of them.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've tried all the possibilities, it doesn't happen to me...

try to reinstall the plain UI without texture packs...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I edited my posts to reflect that I realized it wasn't just the one character but all of them.
basically the map can't go off screen, it's impossible because the client itself prevent the entire window to get out the visible area, so if this is happening is because you have some altered files.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ezekiel, do you use windowed, no frame? I do.
I have never used a texture pack.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
basically the map can't go off screen, it's impossible because the client itself prevent the entire window to get out the visible area, so if this is happening is because you have some altered files.
In the third screenshot above you can plainly see that the map is half off the screen. I didn't put it there.

This is a result of simply clicking on the View Tactical Map button. It's like it takes the mini-map and expands it to the bottom right. The top left corner doesn't move and it expands the map off the screen.