• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now when I open a corpse it takes a second and I see the items "sort"... after opening, if that makes sense.
it works as intended... the sort must start later since the item properties must been loaded first without stucking the client...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today I've changed the patcher news system, the new one offers the most useful link like Guides and Bug Report, so you can easily find them without search around the forum :p

This system will also remove the changelogs from the news since very few people were interested. You can see all the new and old changelogs by visiting the new "Changelog" area of my forum (the link is also available in the news system).

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While stratics was down the UI got 2 new versions: 5.1c and then 5.1d

With version 5.1c I've added the fading in/out to the music and added a randomization.

About the music, if there is one or more song you don't like, you can post it here: Bad Songs

With version 5.1d I've integrated the Loyalty rating gump into the Character Sheet, so the character info are now all in 1 window.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Pinco just a few problems im having since last patch:

Claim list wont work at vets to get pets from stables.
Animal lore not working.
Cant add/delete people in chat filter.
When a creature dies cant click on corpse name to open loot(Still works if you hold shift)
When right click on item on a vendor buy does nothing

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Pinco just a few problems im having since last patch:

Claim list wont work at vets to get pets from stables.
Animal lore not working.
Cant add/delete people in chat filter.
When a creature dies cant click on corpse name to open loot(Still works if you hold shift)
When right click on item on a vendor buy does nothing
apart from the fact that here is not the place to post bugs, there are no such problems. Make sure you are using the latest version and try with a clean profile...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then forget I asked...
the bug tracker is linked in my signature, first page of this post and in the patcher news ares, is hard to miss it :p

However, there was a bug with context menus yesterday, but was fixed 20 minutes after the report :D

D

DenAlton036

the bug tracker is linked in my signature, first page of this post and in the patcher news ares, is hard to miss it :p

However, there was a bug with context menus yesterday, but was fixed 20 minutes after the report :D
Ty, loot sort is much better now.. But liked it b4 the updates :)

"When right click on item on a vendor buy does nothing"

Ive always had this problem!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Just a FYI I know some people dont like to sign up or register with other sites like Pincos!
If this is the case and you find a bug you want reported just send me a pm with the details so that I can copy and past it and i will report it for you!
I completely Understand why Pinco has them reported to his site in order to keep track!

But I also understand people not wanting to trust in anymore sites to play a game then they have to!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a FYI I know some people dont like to sign up or register with other sites like Pincos!
If this is the case and you find a bug you want reported just send me a pm with the details so that I can copy and past it and i will report it for you!
I completely Understand why Pinco has them reported to his site in order to keep track!

But I also understand people not wanting to trust in anymore sites to play a game then they have to!
it's not just to keep track of the bugs, it's also for par condicio with the asians forums :p
If I have to track bugs from here I have to do so with every UO forum of the world and I can't do that :D

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I completely Understand! Thats why I thought i would volunteer to forward them to your site for those who will not!
Just trying to help out with the great work you do! No matter how we have to go about it!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good, thanks :)

In the meantime a new version is arrived :p

Version 5.1e

• Added 3 new kind of target into the Actions Window:
    • Target Severely Injured Follower: target the follower with the lowest health.
    • Target Severely Injured Party Member: target the party member with the lowest health.
    • Target Severely Injured Mobile: target the mobile with the lowest health.
  • Added the "Friend List" on main menu:
    • "Block War On Guild" option also affect the ones in the friend list.
    • "Target Severely Injured Mobile" will ignore friends.

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In line with the latest patch, is there any way to make a target closest+weakest enemy target? It might be nice to have whirlwind and closest enemy target not going for the mob that you have the least chance of hitting. Example: Ilshenar spider champ, 4th level. The spawn levels up, and you are faced with a paragon ophidian avenger and other miscellaneous spawn. You use your trusty whirlwind + closest enemy target, and it goes right for the paragon avenger with a billion wrestling!! :cursing:

Could we have the option to customize the auto loot function to take what we want? I want gold and imbuing ingredients, sure, but I have zero interest in magical reagents, and I especially don't need a fire horn. BTW, thank you for making the auto loot not require the mouse to keep moving to finish looting. :thumbsup:

Something you or another kind soul might be able to help me with: When I die, I want to log out immediately. For some reason, in the last several months, when I press my logout shortcut, the game takes it's sweet time making it happen. I press the macro, and it takes about 5-7 seconds for me to hear my death cry, and log out, and during those 5-7 seconds, undesireable things are happening. Is this hardware or lag related?

Lastly, a sincere thank you for the epic music. Sometimes I find myself just sitting around and listening to it. It always fits the situation, and there are several tracks that come up for every situation. There isn't a single annoying track in the entire collection. Thank you for the thought that you put into that, and for everything else you have done to improve the game. Oh, the money EA could save if they hired you at triple the average salary, put you in sole charge of the EC, and put whoever is currently working on EC on coffee duty... :bowdown:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In line with the latest patch, is there any way to make a target closest+weakest enemy target? It might be nice to have whirlwind and closest enemy target not going for the mob that you have the least chance of hitting. Example: Ilshenar spider champ, 4th level. The spawn levels up, and you are faced with a paragon ophidian avenger and other miscellaneous spawn. You use your trusty whirlwind + closest enemy target, and it goes right for the paragon avenger with a billion wrestling!! :cursing:
use target nearest or smart target nearest, to whirlwind usually I don't care how much life they have, especially because the target will switch to a random one when one of the enemies die...

Could we have the option to customize the auto loot function to take what we want? I want gold and imbuing ingredients, sure, but I have zero interest in magical reagents, and I especially don't need a fire horn. BTW, thank you for making the auto loot not require the mouse to keep moving to finish looting. :thumbsup:
make an organizer instead of using the loot all option...
the requirement of moving the mouse still exist, is not required ONLY if you don't use a loot bag...

Something you or another kind soul might be able to help me with: When I die, I want to log out immediately. For some reason, in the last several months, when I press my logout shortcut, the game takes it's sweet time making it happen. I press the macro, and it takes about 5-7 seconds for me to hear my death cry, and log out, and during those 5-7 seconds, undesireable things are happening. Is this hardware or lag related?
It's the time required for the client to save your profile. Probably if you have 1 hotbar and 0 macros will take less time, you should try in TC with a clear profile and see how long it takes :p

Lastly, a sincere thank you for the epic music. Sometimes I find myself just sitting around and listening to it. It always fits the situation, and there are several tracks that come up for every situation. There isn't a single annoying track in the entire collection. Thank you for the thought that you put into that, and for everything else you have done to improve the game. Oh, the money EA could save if they hired you at triple the average salary, put you in sole charge of the EC, and put whoever is currently working on EC on coffee duty... :bowdown:
I'm not sure about that, they have good people working on it, but there is a LOT of bureaucracy before you can do something.
Usually in big companies you can't do things just because you had a good idea, all decisions must be examined and approved and then someone else will be assigned to develop your idea :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5.1f

• Fixed a bug with the player ignore, now it works correctly.
  • Now the "Hide Tag" option for the new chat works correctly.
  • The organizer will use the "quick loot" system if the destination container is your backpack.

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
use target nearest or smart target nearest, to whirlwind usually I don't care how much life they have, especially because the target will switch to a random one when one of the enemies die...
It's not how much life they have, it's how hard they are to hit. Some things in the game, like paragon greater dragons (my favorite fight) are sometimes incredibly hard to hit, even with HLD and capped HCI. Not saying I would take on a paragon greater dragon with a group of monsters and whirlwind, jut saying that a miss in some situations is lethal. I fight in war mode, and my macro is select nearest enemy > special move 1 > attack current target. That way I never stop swinging, but if there is a bunch of lower end spawn and a paragon avenger, why should it select the paragon as the main target and not the weakest link? I havent messed around with smart target nearest. Is that new?

It's the time required for the client to save your profile. Probably if you have 1 hotbar and 0 macros will take less time, you should try in TC with a clear profile and see how long it takes
Fascinating! So it's not lag, and it's not hardware, or items, its the profile... So if I start cutting out macros and combining them, I can cut down on the logout time? I do have a metric ton of macros...

I'm not sure about that, they have good people working on it, but there is a LOT of bureaucracy before you can do something.
Usually in big companies you can't do things just because you had a good idea, all decisions must be examined and approved and then someone else will be assigned to develop your idea
There's the problem. The guy with the idea isn't the one who is implementing and developing it. They need to have some departments autonomously functioning, and with a broad range of creative freedom, while maintaining a set of rules. If they insist on a heirarchy of steps and departments to run every idea through, and micro-manage the living crap out of everything at each step, nothing gets done, period. :thumbdown:

Thanks for fixing the bugs I sent to Storm, literally within a couple hours! Hooray for not being dependant on a neverending ladder of bosses!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not how much life they have, it's how hard they are to hit. Some things in the game, like paragon greater dragons (my favorite fight) are sometimes incredibly hard to hit, even with HLD and capped HCI. Not saying I would take on a paragon greater dragon with a group of monsters and whirlwind, jut saying that a miss in some situations is lethal. I fight in war mode, and my macro is select nearest enemy > special move 1 > attack current target. That way I never stop swinging, but if there is a bunch of lower end spawn and a paragon avenger, why should it select the paragon as the main target and not the weakest link? I havent messed around with smart target nearest. Is that new?
There is no effective ways to determine who is the stronger mobile except parsing the names, that is not very helpful....

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no effective ways to determine who is the stronger mobile except parsing the names, that is not very helpful....
Maybe parsing out "paragon" might save a couple deaths. :p

By the way, any way I can stop nearest enemy target from recognizing guild member's summons as a valid target? Its a major pain to accidentally whack a colossus that has nothing better to do than respond by purging your vamp form and beating you to hell. LOL

Also, I made a great looting organizer, how do I set it to a keystroke?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe parsing out "paragon" might save a couple deaths. :p

By the way, any way I can stop nearest enemy target from recognizing guild member's summons as a valid target? Its a major pain to accidentally whack a colossus that has nothing better to do than respond by purging your vamp form and beating you to hell. LOL

Also, I made a great looting organizer, how do I set it to a keystroke?
use the Smart Nearest Target and it will use the mobile bar filter :p

No way to set a button for the organizer, you must use the related button on every corpse. Read the guide if you want to know more about it...

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't updated in like 2 months and boy have there been a bunch of nice changes. It's nice to be able to customize the Chat Menu with colors and font sizes.

Being able to move items around from one container to another is really a nice addition as well. I wish we didn't have to move the mouse cursor what can I say I'm lazy. The toggle AFK is really nice as well. I love the Zzzs above the character and the arrows above npcs when you have their health bar drawn. I think I need to go through and read all the guides to fully understand all the functions.

One issue I'm having is with the BOD collector function. On the healthbar the bankers coins are showing up but the BOD scroll is not showing up on the Blacksmith healthbar. It works on Sonoma but on Europa is where I have issues. Did I not read the fine print? Is there a toggle of somekind.

Pinco it's really amazing what you've done and I'm greatful however it also saddens me at the attention this game is being given by those in charge. I'm at my wits end and had it in my mind to give them until the end of the year to do something with the graphics and I still can't see any improvement.

This has to be quote of the year "continued support of the Classic Client is UO's mortal wound". :thumbup1:

Don't mean to rant I could go on all day...

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silly me I was pulling up the Guildmaster and that was why their was no scroll appearing on the Blacksmith Healthbar.

Working as intended on Europa.

Excellent addition and feature!:thumbup1:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silly me I was pulling up the Guildmaster and that was why their was no scroll appearing on the Blacksmith Healthbar.

yes, also remember that you need at least 0.1 in blacksmith :p

oh and about the bods, now you should be able to see the reward of the big one in the small properties (silent should be happy now) :D

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
use the Smart Nearest Target and it will use the mobile bar filter :p
I currently only use the mobile bar for tracking guild members and having their bars. How do I use the mobile bar filters in conjunction with smart nearest target?

No way to set a button for the organizer, you must use the related button on every corpse. Read the guide if you want to know more about it...
I guess if it can't be set to a keystroke, my only beef is that the organizer button occupies about 4 square pixels, and it's a bear to consistently click on.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

yes, also remember that you need at least 0.1 in blacksmith :p

oh and about the bods, now you should be able to see the reward of the big one in the small properties (silent should be happy now) :D
Blacksmith guildmasters give bods, but tailor guildmasters don't.

Also, I've seen a couple small bods that say they don't go into large bods, but they do.
(I think Longsword was one of them, shoes might have been another.)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I currently only use the mobile bar for tracking guild members and having their bars. How do I use the mobile bar filters in conjunction with smart nearest target?

I guess if it can't be set to a keystroke, my only beef is that the organizer button occupies about 4 square pixels, and it's a bear to consistently click on.
it's automatic, the smart nearest target only use the mobile bar filters :p

Blacksmith guildmasters give bods, but tailor guildmasters don't.

Also, I've seen a couple small bods that say they don't go into large bods, but they do.
(I think Longsword was one of them, shoes might have been another.)
the longsword is an evil item that uses to disguise with the name of long sword causing this problems :p

The shoes works fine, and about the guildmaster they are all disabled for bods so there can't be doubts :D

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Pinco, When you die the map shows you where all the healers are located! Is it possible to make a toggle for this when you are alive?

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI the Armorer's and Blacksmith Guildmaster/mistresses BOD scroll doesn't appear on the healthbars. Scroll only appears on the plain blacksmith. :whip:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, When you die the map shows you where all the healers are located! Is it possible to make a toggle for this when you are alive?
the healer position is sent server side only when you are dead, so it can't be done...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5.1g

• Fixed a bug with item amount in the item properties
  • Fixed a bug of spells success chance that in certain cases could result wrong.
  • Added an aggressive system in order to finally remove the flashing item properties.
  • Fixed a bug that reset the colors on item properties after a short time.
  • Fixed few stability bug.
  • Fixed the "Longsword" small bod that now is recognized as part of a large bod.

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, is there anything that can be done about this:

When you are fighting and perform a special move and try to run or move at the same time, your character will sit there, even though you have the right mouse button pinned. You have to let off the button and press it again to move. It happens with spells too.

Another thing along the same line is autorun. Even if autorun is set to off, some combat actions or a slight lag can make you continue running even though you are not holding the mouse button down.

Both of these things happen to me many times daily.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, is there anything that can be done about this:

When you are fighting and perform a special move and try to run or move at the same time, your character will sit there, even though you have the right mouse button pinned. You have to let off the button and press it again to move. It happens with spells too.

Another thing along the same line is autorun. Even if autorun is set to off, some combat actions or a slight lag can make you continue running even though you are not holding the mouse button down.

Both of these things happen to me many times daily.
I can't handle the movement through script, you have to report it to the devs and maybe one day (if they are in the right mood) they will fix this :D

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do I go about reporting it to the devs? I'll go ahead and tell them about it, even though the request will probably sit on the back burner until the world stops turning...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do I go about reporting it to the devs? I'll go ahead and tell them about it, even though the request will probably sit on the back burner until the world stops turning...
in game from the main menu -> Bug Report
or
from the uoherald send feedback
or
the bugs post on the uhall

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5.1h

• Change the item property buffer cleanup timer
  • The containers that allows more than 200 items now has no more the grid mode (only list).
  • Improved the containers in order to totally remove the lag caused when you open a container with many items.
  • Fixed the new player quest.
    • Now the glowing effect correctly highlight the menu hotbar elements.
    • The map button works correctly
  • The game will not ask to create the menu bar anymore, now is automatically created in new characters.
  • The new customizable signs now shows only your custom text if they are locked down.
  • The loyalty rating into the character sheet now shows the titles.
  • The character sheet now saves the last category viewed.

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I am provoking different creatures I often get the message "you can not tell someone to attack themselves" as it has auto targeted the wrong monster.
Is there a way to not auto target? Some button I can click off?

Thanks

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am messing with this new target system also and having the same problem I think it needs a delay in there and wait for target so it has time to switch When i get mine working 100% I will post it

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like the new BOD collection button on the mobile bars.

I've noticed that I have to always hit the button twice to collect the BOD.

I click on it the first time and I can see the gump flash on screen quickly but it doesn't collect the BOD. I hit the button the second time and it always works. Strange.

Any Ideas?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like the new BOD collection button on the mobile bars.

I've noticed that I have to always hit the button twice to collect the BOD.

I click on it the first time and I can see the gump flash on screen quickly but it doesn't collect the BOD. I hit the button the second time and it always works. Strange.

Any Ideas?
sometimes happen, seems the client fail to send the request so you have to try again :/

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would you consider adding 'remove curse' to the options on the health bar blue button? Currently there is no spell in the list that can be cast by a chiv warrior.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5.1i

• Added a system to evalute crafting talismans, there are 2 limits:
    • Optimal: can be used for the most important items of the skill.
    • Top: is the best talisman you may need for this skill.
    • For more info, read this post.
  • If the block others paperdoll is active, the blocked paperdolls will not flash anymore.
  • Fixed the "low pet hp" warning.
  • Using CTRL or ALT click on an healthbar with the target cursor, will act like targeting instead of extract/close the healthbar.
  • Fixed few random bug that could stuck the client.
  • Improved the response of the automated context menu calls in order to avoid multiple clicks.
  • Added "Remove Curse" to the spells usable in the healthbars blue button.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a suggestion for the IDOC crowd. Is there any way to make an option so when a house comes into your screen the details of the house sign pop up?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a suggestion for the IDOC crowd. Is there any way to make an option so when a house comes into your screen the details of the house sign pop up?
there is no way to know when an item enter in your screen...

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahh ok, I thought maybe it got loaded kind of like corpses or other players or items on the ground.