• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

O

Old Man of UO

Storm,

Can we get a separate thread with the Pinco's UI Guide links, lock and sticky the thread?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if you want a seperate one pinco you make it and I will sticky it might night be a bad idea

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tiny feature request...

Could a small button be added to the chat window, say in the upper right corner, which would minimize it to an icon when clicked?

I'd love to be able to completely hide the whole window sometimes...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tiny feature request...

Could a small button be added to the chat window, say in the upper right corner, which would minimize it to an icon when clicked?

I'd love to be able to completely hide the whole window sometimes...
there is the auto-hide feature :p

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is the auto-hide feature :p
Aye, I use that, though the chat text never fully vanishes...

I may just have way too many hotbars :mf_prop:

Edit: Okay, I played with the Chat Alpha setting and it completely vanishes now, though I still can't access any hotbars that stray behind it :(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, I use that, though the chat text never fully vanishes...

I may just have way too many hotbars :mf_prop:

Edit: Okay, I played with the Chat Alpha setting and it completely vanishes now, though I still can't access any hotbars that stray behind it :(
well on the new version the chat is on the background of everything so this problem will be automatically solved

Z

Zomeguy

First of all thanks alot for your outstanding work on this. I always loved the classic client, but now that I returned after all those years playing other games, I will not go back to that client.

Is there currently an issue with the item intensity shown when enabling it in the user settings?
I attached a screenshot of the item in this post. Shown intensity is 342, but should it not be 385. Also could you show the max intensity of the items?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all thanks alot for your outstanding work on this. I always loved the classic client, but now that I returned after all those years playing other games, I will not go back to that client.

Is there currently an issue with the item intensity shown when enabling it in the user settings?
I attached a screenshot of the item in this post. Shown intensity is 342, but should it not be 385. Also could you show the max intensity of the items?
the item properties intensity is the UNRAVEL intensity that is pretty different from the one you can see into the imbuing window.

Use the imbuing calculator to see the imbuing intensity.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the item properties intensity is the UNRAVEL intensity that is pretty different from the one you can see into the imbuing window.

Use the imbuing calculator to see the imbuing intensity.
is it a drag and drop window, i cant seem to get it to work?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow! Pinco, thank you so much for your hard work. I have no idea why EA would not just hire you to work on their client. The functionality that you add far overshadows what was put in the EC by the devs.
I can't wait for the new features. One issue that I did not see mentioned after a cursory look through the boards is the unraveling info after the last publish. It seems the new item types available in Shame confuse UI's formula and only 20-30% of the items that say "Relic Fragment" actually unravel to relics. Just wanted to make sure you are aware of this.
Thank you once again.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! Pinco, thank you so much for your hard work. I have no idea why EA would not just hire you to work on their client. The functionality that you add far overshadows what was put in the EC by the devs.
I can't wait for the new features. One issue that I did not see mentioned after a cursory look through the boards is the unraveling info after the last publish. It seems the new item types available in Shame confuse UI's formula and only 20-30% of the items that say "Relic Fragment" actually unravel to relics. Just wanted to make sure you are aware of this.
Thank you once again.
is wrong because luck -100 is not counted in the old system, the old version was not designed for the last publish :p

O

Old Man of UO

Thank you once again.
is wrong because luck -100 is not counted in the old system, the old version was not designed for the last publish :p
Just an aside, you can enhance the luck -100 items with almost anything EXCEPT Gold/Oak/Spined Leather to increase the imbuing weight. If you enhance with Gold/Oak/Spined Leather you will actually DECREASE the imbue weight.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:

- Now the sad mode will affect the new chat window and all kind of overhead text will be shown with the default channel color.
- Fixed a bug that shows multiple times some kind of messages on the new chat.
- Fixed the profile window scrollbars.
- Fixed a bug with label sizes in the quick details window.
- Fixed the static items name font for asian languages.
- Fixed certain overhead text that is shown with some mistakes.
- Now items with quantity greater than 1000 on hotbars will show the quantity with "K" to indicates the thousands.
- Added the missing overweight icon.
- Fixed a bug with the emote parser that override the original speech channel. Now just use the same font and color of the emote in the chat window.
- Fixed a bug on containers that sometimes by switching view type, you see the list/grid moving outside the container area.
- Fixed a problem on runebooks that prevents the rune drop warning to appears in a visible place.
- Moved the animal lore settings menu to the left.
- The mannequins will not be listed anymore in the mobiles bar since they are to be considered as objects.
- Fixed the clear mobiles function that wasn't working as intended.
- Added the missing trap messages error color.
- Now in the experimental room, the overhead messages will be shown in the color where you must go.
- Added the option "Allows Item Drag" in the hotbar's slot context menu (only for items slot). 
	If enabled allows you to drag the item like when the hotbar is unlocked.
- Fixed a bug that makes the chat tab's label to go overlay.
- Added the engine to play music based on the player location. 
- The map now will show the current player Z in the "Player Location" area.
- The map now will show the name of the area you are in (like the shop name) in the "Player Location" area.
- Added the "Active Fighting" check system that is triggered during the battle and will still active for few seconds after the last visible damage (taken or done).
	*  This system returns nothing visible, but is directly tied to the new music system.
- Added new toggles in the User Settings -> Sound:
	* Enable EC PlaySound: enable/disable the extra sound effects for EC PlaySound.
	* Enable EC PlaySound Music:  enable/disable the new music to replace the classic one. 
		+ Can be activated only if the default music is turned off.
		+ You can set the volume for the EC PlaySound Music.
		+ The area mp3 can be manually replaced by your own.
		+ The new war mode songs will start when you enter in war mode or based on the active fighting.
- Added new toggles in the User Settings -> Pinco's UI:
	* Enable Healthbars/Status Spells Buttons: toggle customizable spells buttons on healthbars and status.
	* Enable New Animal Lore Gump: toggle the new Animal Lore gump that shows all the info in a single page.
- Removed the Danger Bar.
- Player location on map now is updated correctly even when the map is not centered on player.
- Added few missing markers on the map.
- EC PlaySound now uses a buffer in order to improve the sound execution.
- Fixed the new gump bug added with the latest client version.
- Changed the heartbeat sound with a cleaner version.
- Added the new pigment color name into the "get hue" function.
- Improved the sorting in the mobile bar in order to avoid some bugs and game crashes.
- Added the "Clear Item List" button to the equip actions.
- Cannot Be Repaired, Luck -100 and Brittle now are shown in red.
- Added the new Shame monsters to the creatures db.
- Added the Vollem on the dropdown list in the animal lore gump.
- Now the runebook recall, sacred journey and gate travel button will be visible ONLY 
	if you have the minimum skill to cast that spells, instead of limiting it by checking your highest skill.
- Now with the object handle you can see the "Lost Items" highlighted in light green (you can customize this color through user settings).
- Added the option "Lost Items Only" to the object handle window.
- Now the relic items will be highlighted in gray on the loot and moved before the others (if the loot sorting is enabled). 
        The new loot order is:
        * Gold piles
        * Artifacts
        * Sets
        * Paragon Chests and Treasure Maps
        * Crafting/Imbuing materials
        * Magical reagents
        * Relic items
        * Other items
- Added 3 new options in the User Settings -> Pinco's UI tab:
        * Block War On Pets: put you in Peace mode when you have your own pet as current target.
        * Block War On Party: put you in Peace mode when you have a member of your party as current target.
        * Block War On Guild: put you in Peace mode when you have a member of your guild as current target.
        NOTE: those 3 options DO NOT WORKS if you are using legacy targets.
- Added the buff for Enchant and Immolating Weapon, both have no timer.
- Added the buff "Slayer Weapon" that shows the info on the slayer that you are currenlty holding.
        * This buff will say if you will do double or triple damage (super slayer or lesser slayer difference).
        * This buff will say the slayer opposite.
- Added a new debuff: "Broken Equipment"
        * This buff will appear when one or more piece of your equipment reach a customizable durability value (0 to 50) - Default 20
        * If you put the mouse over you'll see the list of the items that needs to be repaired. Example: "Left Hand: 25/255"
- Added a new buff: "Swing Speed"
        * This buff shows the current swing speed in seconds.
        * This buff is available only if you are wearing a weapon.
- Added a new debuffs for the new Shame monster's abilities:
        * Stun: you get stunned. 
        * Muddied: swing speed reduced by -20%
        * Tainted Mana: everytime you use the mana, you recive a damage equal to the mana consumed.
        NOTE: the center screen text "You are free" has been disabled for stun.
- Added a new debuff: "Overweight"
        * This debuff appears when you are near overweight.
        * This debuff starts to blink when your overweight status blocks your recall.
- Added a new debuff: "Corpse"
        * This debuff appears when you die and indicates how long your body will stay before disappear.
- Now if you set the object handle to "Items Only" you will not be able to see corpses labels.
- Added the stat changes messages, now when your str, dex or int vary, you will read the changes in the chat window.
        * On New Chat Window you will see the stat increase in green (like in CC) and stat decrease in red.
- Fixed a bug on skills tracker that won't show the "%" if a skill is 120/120.
- Added the skill Auto-Lock system: on each skill you can set an "auto-lock value".
        * If you reach the auto-lock value, the skill will be set to locked.
        * If you exceed the auto-lock value, the skill will be set to down.
        * The system is based on REAL skill values.
        * The auto-lock value will be considered as the skill cap.
- Reworked the healthbars:
        * Moved the elements in order to obtain a better aspect ratio.
        * Changed the life bar graphics.
        * Added a second bar under the life bar for summonings, this bar will decrease with the time remaining.
        * Added a button to open backpack for pets with pack.
        * Added a button to get the bulk order deed (available only if you have at least 0.1 blacksmith for blacksmiths and 0.1 tailoring for tailors).
        * Resized and moved the Word of Death button from the middle of the bar to the top right.
        * Added a button to talk with NPCs (available only for old AoS quests).
        * Added a button to open your bank box (available only for bankers and minters).
        * Now if you want to extract an healthbar from the mobile bar you must press CTRL + Drag the bar.
        * Removed the "close button" from healthbars, now you must press ALT + Click to close them.
        * Added the option to "Show Close and Extract Buttons" in "User Settings" -> "Pinco's UI". Defaut: off.
- Added the Mobile Arrow:
        * When you put the mouse over an healthbar (or party healthbar), 
	will appear an arrow over the head of the healthbar's owner in order to find it quickly.
        * The arrow will stay over the head until you move the cursor away from the healthbar.
        * You can disable it from User Settings -> Pinco's UI.
- Added the missing item's properties total in the Character Sheet:
        * Magic: Casting Focus
        * Defense: Soul Charge
        * (New Group) Damage Eaters
        * (New Group) Resonances
- Removed the "Set note" action.
- The "Note Window" is now the "Slayer Window". When open will show the slayer that you are currently holding.
- Added the "Durability Bar":
	* This bar shows the healthbar of each items that you are wearing.
	* Each item healthbar shows in blue a "life" bar if the actual durability is higher than 0.
	* Each item healthbar shows in red a "life" bar if the actual durability is 0. 
	The red "life" bar goes from 0 to 255 and count the maximum durability
- Added the button "Loot All" in the containers (but your backpack). 
	* By clicking this button the game starts to loot all.
	* To stop the looting press the button again.
	* When the looting is over the container will be automatically close.
	* On "User Settings" -> "Pinco's UI" youn can find the option: "Loot All But Trash" that allows you to collect only: 
	Artifacts, Replicas, Set Parts, Paragon Chests, Materials (Gems, Leather, Ore, etc..), Reagents, Relic Items and 
	Gold Coins instead of everything.
- Fixed several bugs on containers. Now if you open the house moving crate, 
	the game generates only the used slots instead of 9999 taking MUCH less time.
	* Now if you click with a target the container window, you will target the container itself.
- Added the "Item Search Window".
	* This window is designed to search an item into a container by just typing a text like "Lower Reagent".
	* This tool will shows the item list based on the text specified.
	* The items in the list can be directly dragged. 
	* You can keep filtering until there are no more items.
- Added the support for Ultima Mapper.
- Added new resources to the loot sorting: Shame Crystal, Characoal, Saltpeter, Sand, Ore and Black Powder.
- Fixed a bug on the Item Property Info and Imbuing Calculator that uses the wrong cap for HCI and DCI on ranged weapons.
- Added the lock button on player backpack for legacy containers.
- Re-Enabled the context menu on single click on the object handles.
- Moved the Mobiles Bar settings inside "User Settings" -> "Mobiles Bar"
- Moved the New Chat settings inside "User Settings" -> "New Chat"
- Fixed several minor bugs of the New Chat system.
- Now the New Chat can be reduced up to 100x200 (before was 400x200).
- Fixed the Spell Casting Time Calculator to work with the new chat.
- Fixed the party healthbars, now the portrait will not became invisible.
- The Magic Reflection charges now are shown also on the buff icon.
- Added a dialog that ask if you want to log-out:
	* This dialog appears only if you try to log-out in the next 120 seconds after a combat.
	* This dialog has a countdown that log you out when you can switch character.
	* This dialog has a button that allows you to log-out without wait.
	* The log-out action is not affected by this feature.
	* This dialog DO NOT check if you are in a safe logout area.

- EC PlaySound 1.5:
	* Now the audio will not be played if you don't have the focus on the game.
	* Changed the icon.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:

- Now the sad mode will affect the new chat window and all kind of overhead text will be shown with the default channel color.
- Fixed a bug that shows multiple times some kind of messages on the new chat.
- Fixed the profile window scrollbars.
- Fixed a bug with label sizes in the quick details window.
- Fixed the static items name font for asian languages.
- Fixed certain overhead text that is shown with some mistakes.
- Now items with quantity greater than 1000 on hotbars will show the quantity with "K" to indicates the thousands.
- Added the missing overweight icon.
- Fixed a bug with the emote parser that override the original speech channel. Now just use the same font and color of the emote in the chat window.
- Fixed a bug on containers that sometimes by switching view type, you see the list/grid moving outside the container area.
- Fixed a problem on runebooks that prevents the rune drop warning to appears in a visible place.
- Moved the animal lore settings menu to the left.
- The mannequins will not be listed anymore in the mobiles bar since they are to be considered as objects.
- Fixed the clear mobiles function that wasn't working as intended.
- Added the missing trap messages error color.
- Now in the experimental room, the overhead messages will be shown in the color where you must go.
- Added the option "Allows Item Drag" in the hotbar's slot context menu (only for items slot). 
	If enabled allows you to drag the item like when the hotbar is unlocked.
- Fixed a bug that makes the chat tab's label to go overlay.
- Added the engine to play music based on the player location. 
- The map now will show the current player Z in the "Player Location" area.
- The map now will show the name of the area you are in (like the shop name) in the "Player Location" area.
- Added the "Active Fighting" check system that is triggered during the battle and will still active for few seconds after the last visible damage (taken or done).
	*  This system returns nothing visible, but is directly tied to the new music system.
- Added new toggles in the User Settings -> Sound:
	* Enable EC PlaySound: enable/disable the extra sound effects for EC PlaySound.
	* Enable EC PlaySound Music:  enable/disable the new music to replace the classic one. 
		+ Can be activated only if the default music is turned off.
		+ You can set the volume for the EC PlaySound Music.
		+ The area mp3 can be manually replaced by your own.
		+ The new war mode songs will start when you enter in war mode or based on the active fighting.
- Added new toggles in the User Settings -> Pinco's UI:
	* Enable Healthbars/Status Spells Buttons: toggle customizable spells buttons on healthbars and status.
	* Enable New Animal Lore Gump: toggle the new Animal Lore gump that shows all the info in a single page.
- Removed the Danger Bar.
- Player location on map now is updated correctly even when the map is not centered on player.
- Added few missing markers on the map.
- EC PlaySound now uses a buffer in order to improve the sound execution.
- Fixed the new gump bug added with the latest client version.
- Changed the heartbeat sound with a cleaner version.
- Added the new pigment color name into the "get hue" function.
- Improved the sorting in the mobile bar in order to avoid some bugs and game crashes.
- Added the "Clear Item List" button to the equip actions.
- Cannot Be Repaired, Luck -100 and Brittle now are shown in red.
- Added the new Shame monsters to the creatures db.
- Added the Vollem on the dropdown list in the animal lore gump.
- Now the runebook recall, sacred journey and gate travel button will be visible ONLY 
	if you have the minimum skill to cast that spells, instead of limiting it by checking your highest skill.
- Now with the object handle you can see the "Lost Items" highlighted in light green (you can customize this color through user settings).
- Added the option "Lost Items Only" to the object handle window.
- Now the relic items will be highlighted in gray on the loot and moved before the others (if the loot sorting is enabled). 
        The new loot order is:
        * Gold piles
        * Artifacts
        * Sets
        * Paragon Chests and Treasure Maps
        * Crafting/Imbuing materials
        * Magical reagents
        * Relic items
        * Other items
- Added 3 new options in the User Settings -> Pinco's UI tab:
        * Block War On Pets: put you in Peace mode when you have your own pet as current target.
        * Block War On Party: put you in Peace mode when you have a member of your party as current target.
        * Block War On Guild: put you in Peace mode when you have a member of your guild as current target.
        NOTE: those 3 options DO NOT WORKS if you are using legacy targets.
- Added the buff for Enchant and Immolating Weapon, both have no timer.
- Added the buff "Slayer Weapon" that shows the info on the slayer that you are currenlty holding.
        * This buff will say if you will do double or triple damage (super slayer or lesser slayer difference).
        * This buff will say the slayer opposite.
- Added a new debuff: "Broken Equipment"
        * This buff will appear when one or more piece of your equipment reach a customizable durability value (0 to 50) - Default 20
        * If you put the mouse over you'll see the list of the items that needs to be repaired. Example: "Left Hand: 25/255"
- Added a new buff: "Swing Speed"
        * This buff shows the current swing speed in seconds.
        * This buff is available only if you are wearing a weapon.
- Added a new debuffs for the new Shame monster's abilities:
        * Stun: you get stunned. 
        * Muddied: swing speed reduced by -20%
        * Tainted Mana: everytime you use the mana, you recive a damage equal to the mana consumed.
        NOTE: the center screen text "You are free" has been disabled for stun.
- Added a new debuff: "Overweight"
        * This debuff appears when you are near overweight.
        * This debuff starts to blink when your overweight status blocks your recall.
- Added a new debuff: "Corpse"
        * This debuff appears when you die and indicates how long your body will stay before disappear.
- Now if you set the object handle to "Items Only" you will not be able to see corpses labels.
- Added the stat changes messages, now when your str, dex or int vary, you will read the changes in the chat window.
        * On New Chat Window you will see the stat increase in green (like in CC) and stat decrease in red.
- Fixed a bug on skills tracker that won't show the "%" if a skill is 120/120.
- Added the skill Auto-Lock system: on each skill you can set an "auto-lock value".
        * If you reach the auto-lock value, the skill will be set to locked.
        * If you exceed the auto-lock value, the skill will be set to down.
        * The system is based on REAL skill values.
        * The auto-lock value will be considered as the skill cap.
- Reworked the healthbars:
        * Moved the elements in order to obtain a better aspect ratio.
        * Changed the life bar graphics.
        * Added a second bar under the life bar for summonings, this bar will decrease with the time remaining.
        * Added a button to open backpack for pets with pack.
        * Added a button to get the bulk order deed (available only if you have at least 0.1 blacksmith for blacksmiths and 0.1 tailoring for tailors).
        * Resized and moved the Word of Death button from the middle of the bar to the top right.
        * Added a button to talk with NPCs (available only for old AoS quests).
        * Added a button to open your bank box (available only for bankers and minters).
        * Now if you want to extract an healthbar from the mobile bar you must press CTRL + Drag the bar.
        * Removed the "close button" from healthbars, now you must press ALT + Click to close them.
        * Added the option to "Show Close and Extract Buttons" in "User Settings" -> "Pinco's UI". Defaut: off.
- Added the Mobile Arrow:
        * When you put the mouse over an healthbar (or party healthbar), 
	will appear an arrow over the head of the healthbar's owner in order to find it quickly.
        * The arrow will stay over the head until you move the cursor away from the healthbar.
        * You can disable it from User Settings -> Pinco's UI.
- Added the missing item's properties total in the Character Sheet:
        * Magic: Casting Focus
        * Defense: Soul Charge
        * (New Group) Damage Eaters
        * (New Group) Resonances
- Removed the "Set note" action.
- The "Note Window" is now the "Slayer Window". When open will show the slayer that you are currently holding.
- Added the "Durability Bar":
	* This bar shows the healthbar of each items that you are wearing.
	* Each item healthbar shows in blue a "life" bar if the actual durability is higher than 0.
	* Each item healthbar shows in red a "life" bar if the actual durability is 0. 
	The red "life" bar goes from 0 to 255 and count the maximum durability
- Added the button "Loot All" in the containers (but your backpack). 
	* By clicking this button the game starts to loot all.
	* To stop the looting press the button again.
	* When the looting is over the container will be automatically close.
	* On "User Settings" -> "Pinco's UI" youn can find the option: "Loot All But Trash" that allows you to collect only: 
	Artifacts, Replicas, Set Parts, Paragon Chests, Materials (Gems, Leather, Ore, etc..), Reagents, Relic Items and 
	Gold Coins instead of everything.
- Fixed several bugs on containers. Now if you open the house moving crate, 
	the game generates only the used slots instead of 9999 taking MUCH less time.
	* Now if you click with a target the container window, you will target the container itself.
- Added the "Item Search Window".
	* This window is designed to search an item into a container by just typing a text like "Lower Reagent".
	* This tool will shows the item list based on the text specified.
	* The items in the list can be directly dragged. 
	* You can keep filtering until there are no more items.
- Added the support for Ultima Mapper.
- Added new resources to the loot sorting: Shame Crystal, Characoal, Saltpeter, Sand, Ore and Black Powder.
- Fixed a bug on the Item Property Info and Imbuing Calculator that uses the wrong cap for HCI and DCI on ranged weapons.
- Added the lock button on player backpack for legacy containers.
- Re-Enabled the context menu on single click on the object handles.
- Moved the Mobiles Bar settings inside "User Settings" -> "Mobiles Bar"
- Moved the New Chat settings inside "User Settings" -> "New Chat"
- Fixed several minor bugs of the New Chat system.
- Now the New Chat can be reduced up to 100x200 (before was 400x200).
- Fixed the Spell Casting Time Calculator to work with the new chat.
- Fixed the party healthbars, now the portrait will not became invisible.
- The Magic Reflection charges now are shown also on the buff icon.
- Added a dialog that ask if you want to log-out:
	* This dialog appears only if you try to log-out in the next 120 seconds after a combat.
	* This dialog has a countdown that log you out when you can switch character.
	* This dialog has a button that allows you to log-out without wait.
	* The log-out action is not affected by this feature.
	* This dialog DO NOT check if you are in a safe logout area.

- EC PlaySound 1.5:
	* Now the audio will not be played if you don't have the focus on the game.
	* Changed the icon.

EA should pay you with FREE game time..

you rock.. :)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

5.1... I'll take the long holiday weekend to get Copper and Third Dawn updated and fully compatible.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new main theme and New Magincia music has been composed by Domenico Mirabelli that has accepted to make more musics for the next version :p

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
wow loving the new music and the search feature and the arrow pointer great work!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
just a fyi the search window does not clear the item if you drag it out of box not reporting as a bug because i can just refresh window

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i accidentally pulled a health bar and cant find a way to close it.. as there is no X?

never mind just noticed the ALT click message.. wow good idea :)

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome job Pinco! :thumbup1:

One feature request... Could we get a toggle for the poisoning messages? EMs on GL love the Medusa mass-poison code, but the spam of that message above 50+ people's heads is a visual nightmare. I honestly don't care if they get poisoned, only if I or my alliance mates do :mf_prop:

A Thought Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The new music configuration seems to have missed Lord British's castle as a unique music location. Is it possible to perhaps sometime make it able to recognize that zone as having its own piece?

If it's a weird pain in the ass for some reason it's alright. But since it's missing I thought I'd ask about it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome job Pinco! :thumbup1:

One feature request... Could we get a toggle for the poisoning messages? EMs on GL love the Medusa mass-poison code, but the spam of that message above 50+ people's heads is a visual nightmare. I honestly don't care if they get poisoned, only if I or my alliance mates do :mf_prop:
yes, can be done :p

Is the only way to alter the MP3 selections to swap in files with the same name, or is there perhaps a configuration textfile instead?
just swap the mp3 files and is done :)

The new music configuration seems to have missed Lord British's castle as a unique music location. Is it possible to perhaps sometime make it able to recognize that zone as having its own piece?

If it's a weird pain in the ass for some reason it's alright. But since it's missing I thought I'd ask about it.
I know, some areas could be missing, I will add the lord british castle next version :p

A Thought Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This could (or might not) be a lot to want, but I'll put it here anyway, so you see it.

Right now the EC Playsound setup seems to have hardcoded how many tracks it will use for its zones. For example, it will use 5 tracks to cycle through its wilderness wandering (WildSong1.mp3 - WildSong5.m3). I wish there were a way to configure it to increase how many tracks it will cycle through - so for example I could make a WildSong6.mp3, WildSong7.mp3, etc.

(I know that I can make double-length MP3s that use 2 pieces of music and have it be similar. But I don't like that because one song will always follow another if I do that).

woody

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)
at ECPlaySound.PlaySound.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
EC PlaySound
Assembly Version: 1.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.5.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/mary%20ann/Documents/EA%20Games/Ultima%20Online%20Stygian%20Abyss/EC%20PlaySound.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

can yiu tellme what doing wrong

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
read the setup guide you have installed it in the wrong place...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
5.1a

- Added the "Lord British Castle" area with the related music.
- Now the container search is synch with the container content.
- Fixed a bug in the settings window: now the mobile bar check buttons works properly.
- Fixed a bug in the macro window that prevents the opening of the context menu on items.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having problem installing the latest patch 5.1,
i had the same problem 3 times in a row,
well, i can still play the game but i have to install the 168mb each time to enter the game and the new features show normally,

wondering if anyone has faced the same problem, or if anyone has resolved it... thank u

Attachments

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having problem installing the latest patch 5.1,
i had the same problem 3 times in a row,
well, i can still play the game but i have to install the 168mb each time to enter the game and the new features show normally,

wondering if anyone has faced the same problem, or if anyone has resolved it... thank u
if you don't start it as administrator it will never complete the patch...
also make sure there are the read/write rights to the game folder for everyone.

J

Jonathan Baron

Dang it, Pinco, like the old line from the gangster film, I keep trying to leave and you keep pulling me back :)

I'd pretty much said my farewells but last night my curiosity got the better of me. Wonder if Pinco finished that new music version I thought as I left the depthless cold of space in Eve for the night. LONG download....that actually made me more interested, not less.

Download done, I grabbed a couple of apples, logged onto my favorite shard - quirky, magnificent, stylish Europa - jumped on the only UO pet that gives me the confidence to go ANYWHERE I want, and prepared to tour the world anew.

This brings me to my only nit: enabling the new music is NOT intuitive. You have to disable music in order to activate the checkbox to select your cinematic soundtrack. It would be fine in a radio button dialog box but not in a tired UO GUMP, alas. Until you disable music, the new music is grayed out. This may be my fault as I'm currently pasting Dermott's textures and icons over the stock ones after every new release.

Such a wonderful, evocative experience. I spent the day just going places to hear the different themes. The best moment had to have been a splendid conjunction of fate and chance. As I stopped to examine a memorial to a recently deceased UO player who'd played on into her 80s, the music somehow fit.

As someone on this thread put it, you should be paid for creating a new game. You've kept the faith after at least a half a million souls lost theirs. I hope folks are making suitable contributions to this effort.

Only bad moment was as I logged off in Britain and for just a second wondered if this entire effort was not, in fact, a memorial to this venerable game itself.

Thank you Pinco.

Jonathan

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Update work on Third Dawn has begun. Also going to remove many of the "dead weight" textures inside the main EC texture files that are changed for Third Dawn to reduce the image file sizes.

Going to redo the XML files to make sure I'm using the newest codebase, so it's going to take a bit of time.

Copper is slated after Third Dawn is updated and goal is to have them ready in time for the weekend.

Update: Third Dawn texture pack is coming along nicely. Did a tweak to the Third Dawn hotbar background textures, they are a bit more subtle than previously. Best combination of hotbar backgrounds is to set the main background to Dermott TD then for the items you put in a hotbar, change those individually to the Black background.

Update 2: Third Dawn Texture Pack v3.0 released/uploaded to Pinco's site. I haven't done anything (yet) to mobile health bars, however this should be a good working version.

Main items left: What to do (if anything) about mobile health bars and the Slayer and Object Handle windows and maybe a few other minor tweaks. Overall... looking good and aside from those items took much less effort than expected. Expect Third Dawn Texture Pack to be re-released soon!

Lady Wynn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have over head chat clicked and for some reason it wont show over my head for me. OThers can see it over my head I cant see theirs or mine any suggestions please

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have over head chat clicked and for some reason it wont show over my head for me. OThers can see it over my head I cant see theirs or mine any suggestions please
Are you in Sad Mode?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question about the new chat...

Could the tabs be made to be variable in width based on the label like it used to be?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question about the new chat...

Could the tabs be made to be variable in width based on the label like it used to be?
nope, I don't want to fall in the problems of the default chat :p

The tab size is made as it is to fit into the area without exceed the margins even if you make all 20 of them. A variable width will destroy this balance and will cause many trouble that I don't want to face right now...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
this is the message im getting each time the download of the newsest patch 5.1 is done...
has anyone faced or solved this kind of problem? thank you

"....Done! Done! Done! Done!
Installing: FAILED!
ERROR.0
some errors occupieed in the process. please try again later"
did you run as administrator?

J

Jonathan Baron

Looking forward to your update Dermott. I never did thank you for your splendid texture and icon package. Your leather background texture for backpacks IMO strikes the finest balance between function (visibility of items) and feel (looks like leather). And I like the way several of your icons incorporate game elements that make them....well....iconic rather than a merely a picture representing something.

Dang it, I still haven't.

Thank you :)

So, which new location soundtracks are folks enjoying most I wonder.

My faves thus far are the new ones for Skara and Brit....still on my horseback tour though as I know I've likely only heard maybe a third of them.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just checked and no I am not in sad mode. I only have one char that is is happening to the others are working correctly. Any other suggestions this is driving me crazy.
there is a default option somewhere that disable the overhead text, try to search in User Settings -> Options

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you stated you fixed the pause when opening the moving crate but the pause you get from opening a monster with a lot of loot like a champ is worse then ever.. its 2 or 3 seconds..