• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

J

Jonathan Baron

Roll back the version or turn off the download.

You're a team of one, my good man, and far larger teams of very good people really, really break things sometimes.

This one brought a four month old high end Alienware machine to its knees. When you find what broke I'm sure it will be a real forehead slapper ;)

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A suggestion:

The default dying tub color picker is pure crap. With that stars you never know, what your item will really look like. Since the metallic dye tub already does this, is it possible to show an item instead of the stars? Or even multiple items :)

limit the journal text as much as you can for now...
I disabled the new chat completely but it didn't seem to help.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A suggestion:

The default dying tub color picker is pure crap. With that stars you never know, what your item will really look like. Since the metallic dye tub already does this, is it possible to show an item instead of the stars? Or even multiple items :)

I disabled the new chat completely but it didn't seem to help.
disabling the new chat actually it doesn't help at all :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Few things still to be done, but this new version should be more stable.

Code:
5.0b

- Added a new action into the Pinco's UI category, the action "Toggle AFK Mode".
	* This action allow you to prevents the client from log out by say "." every 5 minutes.
	* When the AFK mode is on, you'll see a sleep animation over your head.
- Fixed a bug on the new chat window that prevents the correct reset of the tab filters on remove.
- Added a new option: Party Ignore Sharing.
	If active, when you are in party and you decide to ignore an item (or you are just using the auto-ignore opened corpses),
	the full party will be informed of it by a message (this message is hidden if you are using Pinco's UI 5.0b or newer version).
	When a party member with Pinco's UI 5.0b+ receive this message, will automatically ignore this item by using object handles.
	WARNING: this feature could result annoying for certain users in party with you (CC users or people without Pinco's UI 5.0b+).
- On each summon's healthbar now there is a timer indicates how log it will last.
	NOTE: the timer will restart if you log-out or reload interface.
- Fixed a bug on the mobile bar that prevents the re-integration of certain extracted healthbars.
- Fixed a bug that prevents to summons healthbar to disappear in real time.
- Fixed a bug on the crystal portal when "wind" access is disabled.
- The new chat window update rate has been forced to be not faster than 0.3 seconds.
- On the new chat window settings now you can find a filter for the "You See" in order to enable only the mobiles with a certain notoriety.
	NOTE: You should try to keep the "You See" message at the minimum amount in order to avoid lag, especially in high populated areas.
- On the new chat window settings now you can find the option "Min. damage to log".
	This setting is for the "Damage Info" and is used to specify the minimum total damage caused to a mobile before show the message in the journal.
	NOTE: You should try to keep this value higher as possible in order to reduce lag, especially in areas where you are doing area damage vs many mobiles.
- Added some special filters in the new chat window settings:
	* Show Spells: allows you to disable the logging of word of power in the journal.
	* Show Spell Casting Messages: allows you to disable the following messages:
		+ You are already casting a spell.
		+ You have not yet recovered from casting a spell.
	* Show Perfection Messages: allows you to disable the following messages:
		+ You gain in Perfection as you precisely strike your opponent.
		+ You have lost some Perfection in fighting this opponent.
	* Allows Multiple Equals Messages: if disabled, the journal will log only 1 message, then if the next one is equals will be ignored until you don't get a different one.
- Now the new chat window auto-scroll will stop if you manually scroll up.
- Containers now are always foreground.
- Total Resist is visible once again in the item properties extra info.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, that gump is generated server side and edit this kind of gump is a mess...

D

Der Rock

need help pls:

1. the new chat window is bigger then the old, why ?
i like the new window, but i have to rearrange the whole ui because the new chat window is bigger then the old, and i cant make it smaller. :(

2.on one of my computers i updated the uipatcher and if i try to link the uipatcher icon
i get a explorer.exe error in application
command 0x7c9920cce point to memory 0x00000000
action "read" cant be done on memory

after pushing ok button the whole desktop loads new

strange, any idea?

thx for help ;)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
need help pls:

1. the new chat window is bigger then the old, why ?
i like the new window, but i have to rearrange the whole ui because the new chat window is bigger then the old, and i cant make it smaller. :(
It's smaller than the old one. The old one min size was 400x300, the new one has 300x200. Just use the arrow to resize it as little as you can.
If still too bigger, it's time to reduce the UI scale...

2.on one of my computers i updated the uipatcher and if i try to link the uipatcher icon
i get a explorer.exe error in application
command 0x7c9920cce point to memory 0x00000000
action "read" cant be done on memory

after pushing ok button the whole desktop loads new

strange, any idea?

thx for help ;)
seems windows have some problems :D
try to restart the computer and start as admin the patcher...

J

Jonathan Baron

5.b is stable for me, Pinco.

Thank you for fixing the problem of containers - be they corpses or what we normally thing of as containers - failing to have focus.

Just a couple of suggestions but I will post them on your site where they belong.

Ivor_MacGregor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi Pinco. First off let me tell you how utterly amazing your interface is. You truly have made EC an amazing client.

I have a technical question which I am hoping you can help. I am not sure if 5b has anything to do with it, but EC is running a lot slower than before. I am running the graphic settings at medium and particles at medium as well. I use 60 frames per second and no mob shadows. I went ahead and kept Windows Task Manager Processes up and running. What I noticed is that UOSA.exe takes up anywhere from 480,000k to 1,500,000k of memory and sucks up up to 60% of my CPU. I do not know a ton about hardware, but perhaps you can clarify if the new patch requires more resources, and this is the reason I am experiencing unusual client lag. Thank you for your time.

system info:

Intel(R) Core2 quad cpu Q9000 2.0ghz
8gb of RAM
64-bit windows 7 Home Premium
NVIDA GeForce 9400

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, the 5.0b could give you a bit of lag... as I said there is few more things to do.
The 5.0c should fix your problem.

D

Der Rock

yes, the 5.0b could give you a bit of lag... as I said there is few more things to do.
The 5.0c should fix your problem.
anzitutto :
Ciao ragazzo,molto bene per cosa brillante ;)

obbligatorio eccesso di complimenti :

THX for bright green and ec-default colours ;) :thumbup:

Toggle AFK Mode :thumbup:

adesso problema :

1.the 5.0b lag sometimes is annoying, hope 5.0c comes asap :sad4: :please:

2. the new journal window, changing the altitude is no problem BUT changing the
amplitude is :(
all my characters ui has a base setting, the old journal window apply exact beside the playwindow.
the NEW journal window is in the smallest possible setting about 2-3 cm bigger.
what can i do ?

thx for help ;)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anzitutto :
Ciao ragazzo,molto bene per cosa brillante ;)

obbligatorio eccesso di complimenti :

THX for bright green and ec-default colours ;) :thumbup:

Toggle AFK Mode :thumbup:

adesso problema :

1.the 5.0b lag sometimes is annoying, hope 5.0c comes asap :sad4: :please:

2. the new journal window, changing the altitude is no problem BUT changing the
amplitude is :(
all my characters ui has a base setting, the old journal window apply exact beside the playwindow.
the NEW journal window is in the smallest possible setting about 2-3 cm bigger.
what can i do ?

thx for help ;)
1 I'm still making some improvements in order to add an extra lag reduction :p

2 If after resizing it (with the arrow in the bottom right) to the min size, you still need to make it little, the only way is reducing the UI scale.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you ever thought that the context menu of your character is unhandy to be used for all that operations (toggle insurance, loyalty rating, toggle quest item, etc...)?

Well in the next version I'm going to add all this into the actions in order to avoid to use that thing :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NOTICE:
I've just finished a research on the virtues gump and from the next version you'll be able to get the virtue level by passing the mouse over the virtue's symbols :)

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well in the next version I'm going to add all this into the actions in order to avoid to use that thing :p
Don't get rid of the right-click context character menu though, EC newbies will freak.. and we need all the CC converts we can get :p

Re: Virtue Gump

You're psychic! I was going to ask if it could be tweaked into working right :bowdown:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't get rid of the right-click context character menu though, EC newbies will freak.. and we need all the CC converts we can get :p

Re: Virtue Gump

You're psychic! I was going to ask if it could be tweaked into working right :bowdown:
I don't remove the context, I've just added the actions for each function so you can forget about it if you want :p

The virtue gump has been asked many times, and it's better you don't know what I had to do in order to get the missing level data... :twak:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
5.0c

- Improved the performance of certain update cycle.
- Now if you ignore an item while the object handles are active, the label will disappear.
- The summons countdown now will not have decimal values anymore.
- Fixed a bug that in certain cases prevents the mobiles bar to show the healthbars.
- Runebooks gump now is shown over everything.
- Added an option in the new chat settings to toggle the chat channels tags (like [Party], [Alliance], etc...)
- Fixed the time of spellweaving summons.
- Now all the text that start and end with "*", will be considered an emote on the new chat.
- All the options from the player context menu are now accessible as actions from the "Player Context Menu Actions" category.
- Now you can see your virtue level on the virtue gump by passing the mouse over each virtue.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for your continued work on this Pinco. Your UI is terrific, and gets better all the time. Thanks for all the fixes specifically in this version. I'm getting better performance than ever. And I wanted you to know that I love what you've done with the chat. All of the problems I was having with the default chat have been fixed, and the new features rock.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, i'm not going to use any word to say what i think what you do. I would only show this : :thumbup1:

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has something happened to sad mode?

It seems that sometime in one of the recent patches, the colors of speech are carrying into the journal. A friend has the most recent version and she can see text colors in the journal, when all text in the journal is in yellow in my version (4.9A).

Some CC people choose to use horribly dark colors that are impossible to read, and I always relied on my journal to translate the dark smudge over their heads when they speak. Now I'm leery about upgrading my Pincos because I dont want to lose that ability...

Anyway, I tried enabling sad mode in the user settings and toggling it from the icon i dragged into a hotbar from Actions > Pinco's UI and it says its enabled but there is no difference in my version or my friend's version. The English spell names go away but the text colors stay the same. Are there any other settings that might help enable us to read the dark colors?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has something happened to sad mode?

It seems that sometime in one of the recent patches, the colors of speech are carrying into the journal. A friend has the most recent version and she can see text colors in the journal, when all text in the journal is in yellow in my version (4.9A).

Some CC people choose to use horribly dark colors that are impossible to read, and I always relied on my journal to translate the dark smudge over their heads when they speak. Now I'm leery about upgrading my Pincos because I dont want to lose that ability...

Anyway, I tried enabling sad mode in the user settings and toggling it from the icon i dragged into a hotbar from Actions > Pinco's UI and it says its enabled but there is no difference in my version or my friend's version. The English spell names go away but the text colors stay the same. Are there any other settings that might help enable us to read the dark colors?
the sad mode just disable the overhead colors, not the journal one...
however, I can add this feature...

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We tried in both versions, and while it would disable the english spell names, it would not change the overhead colors. We tried the one in User Settings > Pinco's UI, and the toggle in Actions > Pinco's UI.

By the way, it can't be said enough how much we appreciate your work. While there are some die-hard CC fans out there, your work on the EC is steadily changing the tide and earning converts. :party:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We tried in both versions, and while it would disable the english spell names, it would not change the overhead colors. We tried the one in User Settings > Pinco's UI, and the toggle in Actions > Pinco's UI.

By the way, it can't be said enough how much we appreciate your work. While there are some die-hard CC fans out there, your work on the EC is steadily changing the tide and earning converts. :party:
ok, I've added the feature... but remember that was designed for spells not for speech so it's not a bug :p

J

Jonathan Baron

As one of those who has lobbied for Pinco to accomplish what should have been STANDARD for the EC (your full virtue status) for quite some time, my faith was affirmed in his ingenuity....and, no, I won't ask how you did it.

It does not take a visionary to assert that the continued support of the Classic Client is UO's mortal wound. Making the alternative ever more compelling at least extends the life of this terminal patient.

The overhead chat thing is driving me nuts too and I don't know this feature you mention, Pinco, that turns them off. Please advise. I have to ignore those poor people who selected purple. An alternative would be to the ability to select white instead of black for the chat box but that would create another set of problems altogether.

I'm still pasting the Dermott icons over the Pinco ones. I'm sorry but they're not icons. They're pictures. There's a difference. I know this messes up the mini-texture system on my setup but that doesn't mean as much to me as clearer iconography. I know you labored long and hard on them and I mean no disrespect whatsoever.

The chat system is wonderful. The guild with which I am most active currently is on Atlantic and you CANNOT belong to a large Atlantic guild if you have to always monitor guild chat.....at least not on every character. Atlantic is simply so filled with epidemic insipidity, endless begging, and 24/7 template questions that no sane person could endure both it and its chatter. Your chat filtering, Pinco, was a compassion gift far surpassing any the development team contemplated, and beats the hell out of the anniversary ticket.

I did enjoy your video on that though. Your indefatigable optimism and good cheer is simply marvelous :)

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Pinco, great UI! I use it every day and it really helps out my game a lot!

Quick question:

I recently logged on to a character and his paperdoll is opening so far to the right of the screen that I can't get to it to view it or drag it into a better spot. It keeps giving me articles of clothing that he is wearing when I try to grab it.

Is there a way to get the paperdoll 'window' to snap into the middle of the screen so I can get it? Sorry, may be a dumb question but I can't figure it out for the life of me!:dunce:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, great UI! I use it every day and it really helps out my game a lot!

Quick question:

I recently logged on to a character and his paperdoll is opening so far to the right of the screen that I can't get to it to view it or drag it into a better spot. It keeps giving me articles of clothing that he is wearing when I try to grab it.

Is there a way to get the paperdoll 'window' to snap into the middle of the screen so I can get it? Sorry, may be a dumb question but I can't figure it out for the life of me!:dunce:
the name label is the place to grab it safely...

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
the name label is the place to grab it safely...
Agreed, but it is off screen and I can't get to it. The only part of the paperdoll that is showing on my screen is the left edge of the tiles for equipment slots.

Should I just switch to the default UI and then back? maybe that will reset it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, but it is off screen and I can't get to it. The only part of the paperdoll that is showing on my screen is the left edge of the tiles for equipment slots.

Should I just switch to the default UI and then back? maybe that will reset it.
the stone can be grabbed between the buttons too... or just increase the UI scale, move the paperdoll and restore the scale.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pinco

i am trying to find a way to undress into certain "undress bags"

the olny way i can do so far, is to use the undress hotkey, to backpack and create an organiser, which takes "all day" to do,

is there a way to make an instant undress macro to a specific undress bag, so multiple suits can be toggled without cluttering the backpack? and if so, how?

cheers

Jack

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco

i am trying to find a way to undress into certain "undress bags"

the olny way i can do so far, is to use the undress hotkey, to backpack and create an organiser, which takes "all day" to do,

is there a way to make an instant undress macro to a specific undress bag, so multiple suits can be toggled without cluttering the backpack? and if so, how?

cheers

Jack
the undress agent... that can be activated from paperdoll...

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Window's Vista

I cant Extract to the enchanced Folder. Useing winrar, it say there are 22 errors in a pop up box.

Vista
pink.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image6.jpg

thanks

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Window's Vista

you have not the write access to that folder and this is a bad thing even for the game... give full access to the game folder to "everyone".
Yup, Just fixed it. the winrar didnt have the permission, I loaded winzip and gave it admin authority and it when right in......:party:

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Window's Vista

is there any way to turn of the targeting of names?

when several names stack up and you are trying to target someone many times i hit a name and not the actual target.. it makes blasting yourself or even a close by guild mate a possibility.

i can turn off the target yourself but that is not a good idea as then you cant target yourself at ALL.

i just would like the target of names able to be turned off.. if its not already?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any more lag-reduction fixes on the horizon? I'm still getting immense lag during a battle where there are lots of people spamming spells, lag which vanishes when the mob is dead.

I have the damage chan turned off, spell words turned off, etc...

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there needs to be a sad mode WITH the English names.. and also when you say balance the banker only gives you the amount till the , so if you had 55,230 gold it says 55,

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is there any way to turn of the targeting of names?

when several names stack up and you are trying to target someone many times i hit a name and not the actual target.. it makes blasting yourself or even a close by guild mate a possibility.

i can turn off the target yourself but that is not a good idea as then you cant target yourself at ALL.

i just would like the target of names able to be turned off.. if its not already?
you can disable overhead names for now...

Any more lag-reduction fixes on the horizon? I'm still getting immense lag during a battle where there are lots of people spamming spells, lag which vanishes when the mob is dead.

I have the damage chan turned off, spell words turned off, etc...
I can't do anything else, now the only thing that generates lag is the client himself... but I can't do anything for it :D
My tests reveals the lag spike are the same level of default UI.

Ivor_MacGregor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Damn, that would have been amazing. Btw, your custom UI keeps kicking arse! Thank you for making me love UO again.

J

Jonathan Baron

Hey, at least you've got You Tube ("We will always have Paris")

Likely a dumb question here. Thus I feel keenly qualified to ask it.

The imbuing calculator. Up to now I've used it after the fact to see what all went into a piece, discounting all those fizzes on the final imbue or two.

How is this really supposed to work. From the look of this gump it appears it's meant to function as a tool to help imbuers plan and create pieces rather than just analyze them.

True? Is this

Attachments

J

Jonathan Baron

The imbuing calculator. Up to now I've used it after the fact to see what all went into a piece, discounting all those fizzes on the final imbue or two.

Is this the full feature? From the look of this gump it appears it's meant to function as a tool to help imbuers plan and create pieces rather than just analyze them.

True? Or is this something that talks to the Template Editor.....which I would use a lot......IF I COULD SEE THE SCREEN ON IT *pokes Pinco* ;)

Attachments

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How is this really supposed to work. From the look of this gump it appears it's meant to function as a tool to help imbuers plan and create pieces rather than just analyze them.

True? Is this
yes, is for calculating the materials/intensities in order to makes a item and do not works properly for unravel (for that purpose use the info on the item properties)

J

Jonathan Baron

Sorry.....editing the post created a duplicate.....dunno why.