• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

W

Woodsman

While it's the Developer's Preview, Windows 8 doesn't work with Pinco's yet, but it's probably something related to it being a preview.

The UI Patcher stops very quickly - just a white box against the desktop background. I have a feeling it's related to .NET. I had to install 3.51.

UO works fine.

A Thought Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I hazza report of something kinda strange for you Pinco - - your report bug link seems to want me to make a login on a site, kinda not up for that atm but anyway.

With Pinco UI loaded, normally, if I drag a health bar off of an object handle and release the left mouse button, it drags and drops the health bar at the place on the screen where I released the mouse button.

But. If I happen to release the mouse button while the finger part of the mouse cursor is still over top of the object handle or very near to it, the health bar gets stuck following my cursor around. Usually, I can left click on top of the health bar to make it stop and stick to the screen.

But the bigger deal is this - - - now and then, when this happens, the health bar will follow a distance away from your cursor. Because the mouse isn't positioned over top of the health bar, you cannot interact with it. So then, you kinda don't have a way to either close it (including if you have right click configured to close healthbars), and you have no way to make it stop and stick to the screen. So, there's this renegade, unclickable, followy health bar just like, moving around your screen whenever you move your mouse.

Mythic UI doesn't do this - you can release their healthbars right on top of the object handle and it sticks where you left it. If I could choose a behavior in regard to either weird-followy or, Mythic drop-where-it-let-go, I'd pick the drop-where-let-go one.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While it's the Developer's Preview, Windows 8 doesn't work with Pinco's yet, but it's probably something related to it being a preview.

The UI Patcher stops very quickly - just a white box against the desktop background. I have a feeling it's related to .NET. I had to install 3.51.

UO works fine.
When Windows 8 will be out I'll take a look... microsoft betas are always an insane mess...
Also Framework .net 2.0 is required, not 1.1 not 3 not 3.5. Every framework version is a differnt thing, not an upgrade of the previous version.

I hazza report of something kinda strange for you Pinco - - your report bug link seems to want me to make a login on a site, kinda not up for that atm but anyway.

With Pinco UI loaded, normally, if I drag a health bar off of an object handle and release the left mouse button, it drags and drops the health bar at the place on the screen where I released the mouse button.

But. If I happen to release the mouse button while the finger part of the mouse cursor is still over top of the object handle or very near to it, the health bar gets stuck following my cursor around. Usually, I can left click on top of the health bar to make it stop and stick to the screen.

But the bigger deal is this - - - now and then, when this happens, the health bar will follow a distance away from your cursor. Because the mouse isn't positioned over top of the health bar, you cannot interact with it. So then, you kinda don't have a way to either close it (including if you have right click configured to close healthbars), and you have no way to make it stop and stick to the screen. So, there's this renegade, unclickable, followy health bar just like, moving around your screen whenever you move your mouse.

Mythic UI doesn't do this - you can release their healthbars right on top of the object handle and it sticks where you left it. If I could choose a behavior in regard to either weird-followy or, Mythic drop-where-it-let-go, I'd pick the drop-where-let-go one.
to report bug you must register on my site and it's not an optional way to report. I totally ignore bugs posted here sorry.

P

poymc

Thanks Pinco, its amazing UI, but may I have a questions?
after I setup all the hotkey and go to kill mobs , then after 30mins my client will hang...and make me die...is that bug or just my computer's problems?

Thanks

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Pinco, its amazing UI, but may I have a questions?
after I setup all the hotkey and go to kill mobs , then after 30mins my client will hang...and make me die...is that bug or just my computer's problems?

Thanks
I didn't notice this problem, however the next version has some improvements that should reduce crash and lag...

I suggest to defrag your disk, sometimes it helps :)

W

Woodsman

When Windows 8 will be out I'll take a look... microsoft betas are always an insane mess...
Also Framework .net 2.0 is required, not 1.1 not 3 not 3.5. Every framework version is a differnt thing, not an upgrade of the previous version.
Yeah, 8 was not letting me do 2.0, only 3.5. I'm going to read up on the Windows 8 forums for a work around.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, 8 was not letting me do 2.0, only 3.5. I'm going to read up on the Windows 8 forums for a work around.
there are all frameworks installed, you have just to go into the "toggle features" and here you can find the list of all frameworks.

However using an OS that is not even a beta is a BAD idea :p

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
while I'm waiting for the composer to get his copyright license, I have completed another research: reading item properties without having the cursor over.

This new results open a whole world of new features, here is the one I've already added to the next version:
Code:
- Now with the object handle you can see the "Lost Items" highlighted in light green (you can customize this color through user settings).
- Added the option "Lost Items Only" to the object handle window.
- Now the relic items will be highlighted in gray on the loot and moved before the others (if the loot sorting is enabled). 
        The new loot order is:
        * Gold piles
        * Artifacts
        * Sets
        * Paragon Chests and Treasure Maps
        * Crafting/Imbuing materials
        * Magical reagents
        * Relic items
        * Other items
- Added 3 new options in the User Settings -> Pinco's UI tab:
        * Block War On Pets: put you in Peace mode when you have your own pet as current target.
        * Block War On Party: put you in Peace mode when you have a member of your party as current target.
        * Block War On Guild: put you in Peace mode when you have a member of your guild as current target.
        NOTE: those 3 options DO NOT WORKS if you are using legacy targets.
and here we have more features almost ready:
Code:
- Added the buff for Enchant and Immolating Weapon.
- Added a new debuff: "Broken Equipment"
        * This buff will appears when one or more piece of your equipment reach a customizable value (0 to 50%)
        * If you put the mouse over you'll see the list of the items that needs to be repaired

sweet i like the new stuff. quick question..
the blocking of war mode on friendlies...
does it apply to reds?
can it apply to reds?
can it also apply to red summons????

say i have a macro that is
target nearest enemy, attack current target..
will it attack red guildmates? or their summons?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sweet i like the new stuff. quick question..
the blocking of war mode on friendlies...
does it apply to reds?
can it apply to reds?
can it also apply to red summons????

say i have a macro that is
target nearest enemy, attack current target..
will it attack red guildmates? or their summons?
for guild it checks if it's green, for party doesn't matter what color they have and same for the pets.

For summons is not possible since I can't know who is the onwer.

About attack macros I'm not too confident that could be stopped since the client could attack before reading the script :(

T

Ta_Mira

there are all frameworks installed, you have just to go into the "toggle features" and here you can find the list of all frameworks.

However using an OS that is not even a beta is a BAD idea :p
I was wanting to try your UI but I am using windows 7 and I was concerned about having to downgrade my .net framework to 2.0. So are you saying you can have more than one .net framework installed at same time? Sorry to be a bother but I am very new with this and don't want to mess up my computer.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I was wanting to try your UI but I am using windows 7 and I was concerned about having to downgrade my .net framework to 2.0. So are you saying you can have more than one .net framework installed at same time? Sorry to be a bother but I am very new with this and don't want to mess up my computer.
You shouldn't need to "downgrade" for Windows 7. You just need to install all the .NET Framework packages and updates available from Windows update. .NET Framework 4 is supposed to be backwards compatible with .NET Framework 2, and that is all that I have installed, and Pinco's UI works just fine. (The only issue actually isn't the UI itself, but the updater and the EC Playsound.)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On windows 7 the framework 2.0 is already installed.

However, the framework version number is something easy to misunderstand.

Framework 1.1
Framework 2.0
Framework 3.0
Framework 3.5
Framework 4.0

are all different things, so if you install 4 you can also have the others since they are all different programs...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here it is a new addition to the UI for the next version: the Durability Bar.

This bar shows the "healthbar" of every equipped items.

Each bar shows the durability "actual / maximum".
When you reach "0 / maximum" the bar became red and shows: "current maximum / 255"

The items healthbars will works like the mobile ones... on mouse over will shows the item properties, on double click will use the item, etc...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
wow I love that great addition especially with the new shame items! great work

Z

Zannette

Thank you for the amazing UI Pinco!!!

I am wondering if it is possible to set up the Organizer Agent to loot the items within certain intensity range, or is there a way to loot entire Treasure chest with a click of the button.

Thank you,
Z

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the amazing UI Pinco!!!

I am wondering if it is possible to set up the Organizer Agent to loot the items within certain intensity range, or is there a way to loot entire Treasure chest with a click of the button.

Thank you,
Z
The organizer is not made for this purpose, but I can make a "Vacuum" tool :D

We'll see if I can put it on the next version :p

For now, here is a new guide:

Pinco's UI Setup Guide

Z

Zannette

That sounds great!! Thank you Pinco.
I think Loot All option on all containers or corpses would be a great addition.

Z

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, everything sound fantastic!

Well, except for two little things:
1. Is your added music optional? Can I change back to the original music if I'm in the mood?
2. I would like the buttons on the healthbars to stay! Apart from liking to click stuff, I have macros on alt and ctrl (like push-to-talk for teamspeak) and that would really mess up my playstyle.
When in doubt, just make it optional ;)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, everything sound fantastic!

Well, except for two little things:
1. Is your added music optional? Can I change back to the original music if I'm in the mood?
2. I would like the buttons on the healthbars to stay! Apart from liking to click stuff, I have macros on alt and ctrl (like push-to-talk for teamspeak) and that would really mess up my playstyle.
When in doubt, just make it optional ;)
1) The music can be switch with the old one... but we are speaking about something REALLY different....
The old music are 75 mp3 but the game plays always the same 4-5.
The new music are more than 130 mp3 and there is 1 music per each dungeon, 1 per each town, and much more. Also the new mp3 can be replaced with your own.

2) I still have not decided about that... for sure if there will be buttons, they will be little in a corner. CTRL + click for drag the bars out and ALT + click for closing healthbars will be always available with or without buttons.

J

Jonathan Baron

Indeed the EC is currently very broken when it comes to music which is one of the reasons I am so looking forward to this version.

There is something broken with sound in general in the EC. I'm sure you've all noticed this at various times....worst is when you have to reveal as a ghost so you can be rezed by a teammate and that damned war mode music starts and will not quit when you're rezed and out of war mode.

But that's not your problem, Pinco. If it were I'd log it in the proper place of course ;)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed the EC is currently very broken when it comes to music which is one of the reasons I am so looking forward to this version.

There is something broken with sound in general in the EC. I'm sure you've all noticed this at various times....worst is when you have to reveal as a ghost so you can be rezed by a teammate and that damned war mode music starts and will not quit when you're rezed and out of war mode.

But that's not your problem, Pinco. If it were I'd log it in the proper place of course ;)
there will be no such problem with next version... when you die it starts a "death song", when you ress the death song is over and restart the area music. The war music starts only if you are alive, and if the death song finish you'll stay in a deathly silence :D

The war song starts when the damage numbers begins to fly or when you put yourself in war mode.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds great!! Thank you Pinco.
I think Loot All option on all containers or corpses would be a great addition.

Z
Here it is the loot all:

Code:
- Added the button "Loot All" in the containers (but your backpack). 
	* By clicking this button the game starts to loot all.
	* To stop the looting press the button again.
	* When the looting is over the container will be automatically close.
	* On "User Settings" -> "Pinco's UI" youn can find the option: "Loot All But Trash" that allows you to collect only: Artifacts, Replicas, Set Parts, Paragon Chests, Materials (Gems, Leather, Ore, etc..), Reagents, Relic Items and Gold Coins instead of everything.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is another spoiler: The Item Search Tool.

Code:
- Added the "Item Search Window".
	* This window is designed to search an item into a container by just typing a text like "Lower Reagent".
	* This tool will shows the item list based on the text specified.
	* The items in the list can be directly dragged. 
	* You can keep filtering until there are no more items.
Surely this will come handy ;)

J

Jonathan Baron

Zannette, you must be one very strong person.....all that blacksmithing I suppose :)

Odd really, having a way to vacuum out a treasure chest. Moving the items is a way of getting more guardian spawn to appear. I suppose it's a reflection of the diminishing numbers of both players and the value of gold that people are soloing so many things now and, thus, would not see more spawn as a good thing, alas.

But I digress....

So this will be a genuine context driven music system, Pinco. Long overdue. So many odd bits to the music triggers at the moment. I'm sure we've all experienced the strangest ones, such as stepping on a tile and hearing a town soundtrack fire up, only to suddenly quit when moving one tile to either side. No fade in, no fade out. Sort of whacks the heck out of the mood.

And I'm sure this was quite the motivator for you to go through all this work, Pinco.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zannette, you must be one very strong person.....all that blacksmithing I suppose :)

Odd really, having a way to vacuum out a treasure chest. Moving the items is a way of getting more guardian spawn to appear. I suppose it's a reflection of the diminishing numbers of both players and the value of gold that people are soloing so many things now and, thus, would not see more spawn as a good thing, alas.

But I digress....

So this will be a genuine context driven music system, Pinco. Long overdue. So many odd bits to the music triggers at the moment. I'm sure we've all experienced the strangest ones, such as stepping on a tile and hearing a town soundtrack fire up, only to suddenly quit when moving one tile to either side. No fade in, no fade out. Sort of whacks the heck out of the mood.

And I'm sure this was quite the motivator for you to go through all this work, Pinco.
yes, but unfortunately the fading is not doable at the moment, however there will be different musics almost everywhere or at least random :p

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loot all but trash!? Wow! Wonderful!

And Item search sounds like a blessing for my chests full of jewelry.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, I've just upgraded to the latest Pinco, and it seems that spell words are finally filtered out? Hurrah! But I need to set up chat windows for all my characters again; there appears to be a Save To File option, but no Load From File? How do I quickly import all the settings from one character into all please?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, I've just upgraded to the latest Pinco, and it seems that spell words are finally filtered out? Hurrah! But I need to set up chat windows for all my characters again; there appears to be a Save To File option, but no Load From File? How do I quickly import all the settings from one character into all please?
save to file is for saving the journal not the settings. There is no way to import the settings, for now you have to do that manually.

Maybe one day I'll made a tool for swapping settings through characters :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About new chat... I've just finished the guide:

New Chat Window - Full Guide

There are 4 more guides on the oven. Making all this guide seems very useful since I'm fixing and improving many things in the path :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is another spoiler that could please many of you:

In the next version the Danger Bars will be gone.
The loyal service of the Danger Bar are no more requested now that we have all the buff and debuffs.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, nice!

Always got more distracted by the danger bar than anything else.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read the chat guide - are some of the features mentioned in it not active yet? Or is my install screwed? I don't have tabs for 'mobiles' and 'new chat' in my settings window like the one pictured in your guide. Just the regular ones and 'pinco's UI'

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read the chat guide - are some of the features mentioned in it not active yet? Or is my install screwed? I don't have tabs for 'mobiles' and 'new chat' in my settings window like the one pictured in your guide. Just the regular ones and 'pinco's UI'
those are new tabs coming with the next patch, for now you can get the chat options by right-clicking the orange baloon, and the mobile bar options by clicking the green button on the mobile bar.

I have moved all the settings into User Settings so it's much easiear for everyone to find them :)

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like having all that in the user settings. However with the huge amount of stuff you are adding, maybe it would be good to split it up into several tabs. The Pinco's UI tab gets a bit unclear.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
those are new tabs coming with the next patch, for now you can get the chat options by right-clicking the orange baloon, and the mobile bar options by clicking the green button on the mobile bar.

I have moved all the settings into User Settings so it's much easiear for everyone to find them :)
Just wondering when will you be releasing the new version do you think?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering when will you be releasing the new version do you think?
this week the SIAE should release the copyright authorization for the music and then I can publish the release...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OMG can't wait!!!! I'm so excited now!

Pinco you are awesome! And thank you for the guides. I know some people new to the EC and all and your guilds will be totally wonderful...

The more folk we can bring over to the EC the more chance we have of it becoming the main client over 2d.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG can't wait!!!! I'm so excited now!

Pinco you are awesome! And thank you for the guides. I know some people new to the EC and all and your guilds will be totally wonderful...

The more folk we can bring over to the EC the more chance we have of it becoming the main client over 2d.
This guides should help everyone to start playing with EC + Pinco's UI, even if they have not played with CC :)

At least I hope they could :D