• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI 6.0 BETA

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you get the same thing where it locks up and then a half white screen? (I'm running windows 7 64bit if that makes any difference.)
as final test, you should try to close all the mobile bars and dockspots and see if still happens just by dragging the bars from the players in game...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as final test, you should try to close all the mobile bars and dockspots and see if still happens just by dragging the bars from the players in game...
OK I will test out tonight and post back. Thanks for having a look Pinco.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made some tests but this seems to be a client problem... perhaps @Bleak can make some tests with the client in debug mode and find out what's going on :p
I believe you are correct, Pinco - it seems to be a client problem... I've spoken to several standard UI EC users who have complained about the "dragging bar" crashes.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can anything be done to streamline the clicky nightmare that is the plant gump?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
like the plants that autogrow so you don't have to use the plant gump at all? :lol:
Well, some people still grow plants without using one of the beds, but I was more referring to how poorly designed the menu is and having to click 16 times to remove seeds and resources. Doing that for more then a handful of plants isn't fun.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, some people still grow plants without using one of the beds, but I was more referring to how poorly designed the menu is and having to click 16 times to remove seeds and resources. Doing that for more then a handful of plants isn't fun.
that's the irony of the beds :p
anyway, I think it's doable an action that removes all the seeds and another for all the resources...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Or the devs could just put a bloody for loop at those buttons...
But aye, I have been checking out myself if I can write an action in Lua to do that for loop for me so I save 14 clicks per plant. At 9 plants per bed, and 21 beds, that would be a lot of clicks that I would save.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
that's the irony of the beds :p
anyway, I think it's doable an action that removes all the seeds and another for all the resources...
That would be amazingly awesome! Even with Garden Beds.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco while your on doables.... could you put in a setting in the chat to change all the font sizes at once so I don't have to click all of them and set them to 22? I'm old and well I like big letters. I like being able to individually set them but the only one that I really set different than the others is the GM text which I made 26... so I really notice it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco while your on doables.... could you put in a setting in the chat to change all the font sizes at once so I don't have to click all of them and set them to 22? I'm old and well I like big letters. I like being able to individually set them but the only one that I really set different than the others is the GM text which I made 26... so I really notice it.
should be doable...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bug: Corpse containers can open up OFF SCREEN and have a huge off-set between each other if you open up multiples. (This makes looting at a champ spawn rather problematic)

Question: Is there a way to TURN OFF the loot sort?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bug: Maps from vendor search randomly make your backpack go blank

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bug: Corpse containers can open up OFF SCREEN and have a huge off-set between each other if you open up multiples. (This makes looting at a champ spawn rather problematic)

that's already fixed on the next version.
The loot sort has its own toggle button on every container :p

Bug: Maps from vendor search randomly make your backpack go blank
which maps? i need more details (perhaps is the name like the runes problem?)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you open the body there is an icon at that top that looks like a bar chart. Click this to disable loot sort. I like the idea behind it but I turn it off myself as it kinda makes the loot move about.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that's already fixed on the next version.
The loot sort has its own toggle button on every container :p
Do I have to turn it off on every corpse window?

I'm trying to farm seeds off mobs in a champ spawn, so I need every second to loot before they go poof. As @DJAd said, things move about a lot.

Maps generated by the vendor search system. I thought it might be like the rune issue, but the last one had a really generic name. If it happens again I'll take a screenshot of the map for you. It only affects grid and list views.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's a screenshot of the map, nothing remarkable about it though :oops: It turns my grid-mode pack blank.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a screenshot of the map, nothing remarkable about it though :oops: It turns my grid-mode pack blank.

probably it's easier to understand what's happening in another way: open the debug window (with the action) and try to get the map, and let me know when something popps up :p

Brockis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the crafting menus dont work for me in pincos...have to switch to default to craft any type of item since in pinco the crafting menu is blanc. Is there some kind of setting or is it a bug

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the crafting menus dont work for me in pincos...have to switch to default to craft any type of item since in pinco the crafting menu is blanc. Is there some kind of setting or is it a bug
assuming the UI is installed correctly and you don't have leftovers of older versions, you may try to remove the "variables" folder inside "Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data"

Brockis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i installed everything on a new computer. removed that folder but still have blank crafting menus

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I used the new Crafting menu to create the Doom Manuscript, but when I clicked on it, it made blank scrolls instead. The scrolls are the one above it in the menu, so I thought I might have misclicked, so tried again making sure I clicked the right choice, and still got scrolls.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It wont let me put my ethy mount on a hot bar now :-(

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
probably it's easier to understand what's happening in another way: open the debug window (with the action) and try to get the map, and let me know when something popps up :p
As soon as the map was generated, this started scrolling up the log window:

ECPVendorLogging.jpg

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see this if possible. Rather than having to open the corpse then click on the button we could have a toggle in the settings to disable it totally.
that would be ugly because it will render the button useless, I'd rather save the toggle value when you turn it off on a corpse instead...

Yes, and this is before I even view the vendor map. As soon as it is generated, my pack goes blank.
that's the cause, I'll fix that on the next version, but remember to keep the map open before taking a vendor search map for now :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that's the cause, I'll fix that on the next version, but remember to keep the map open before taking a vendor search map for now :p
The world map has randomly been causing insane amounts of lag though. Lag that isn't present in the default UI...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The world map has randomly been causing insane amounts of lag though. Lag that isn't present in the default UI...
the map is the same, make sure you don't have an insane number of custom waypoints (check the file waypoints.xml inside user data folder), because the more you have the more lag you have...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the map is the same, make sure you don't have an insane number of custom waypoints (check the file waypoints.xml inside user data folder), because the more you have the more lag you have...
Hmmmm... Interesting... I checked that file and it has 12,716 lines... ALL of them are waypoints for vendors that I've been to recently... In fact, most of the vendors have several hundred entries each. The UI needs to clean these up when you drop the map, or not bother creating them in the first place...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmm... Interesting... I checked that file and it has 12,716 lines... ALL of them are waypoints for vendors that I've been to recently... In fact, most of the vendors have several hundred entries each. The UI needs to clean these up when you drop the map, or not bother creating them in the first place...
it does in theory, but the current custom waypoints systems is... not a sinking boat, but a boat that is sailing on the bottom of the ocean...
I have a new custom waypoints system in progress that will totally replace that horror designed just to make the people miserable :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it does in theory, but the current custom waypoints systems is... not a sinking boat, but a boat that is sailing on the bottom of the ocean...
I have a new custom waypoints system in progress that will totally replace that horror designed just to make the people miserable :D
:lol:

You definitely have a way with words, Pinco :p

I deleted all the waypoints in the file, hopefully this means I can use the world map now!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to change the default screen location of the container contents? I have played for a lot of years and always had the CC to put my containers in the upper right hand corner of the screen and I am having an awful time with the EC and the containers going to the left hand top, which is my playing screen and where the mobiles and pet bars are located.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

When we mouse over ourselves, we don't seem to be getting our titles in the window

*Edit: Okay, one of my chars displays the Smuggler title, but I don't see guild title or vet reward title

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to change the default screen location of the container contents? I have played for a lot of years and always had the CC to put my containers in the upper right hand corner of the screen and I am having an awful time with the EC and the containers going to the left hand top, which is my playing screen and where the mobiles and pet bars are located.
actually right now is the top left corner of the game area, but I think I could make an option to choose one of the other 3 corners too...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually right now is the top left corner of the game area, but I think I could make an option to choose one of the other 3 corners too...
That would be wonderful. The CC has an option sort of like that, your choice of upper right hand corner or random I believe so that would make switchers like me happy.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco, I've mentioned this BOD fill problem before but not seen a response - I hit the autofill button and then the fill the deed button and the action always stops short of the total number - doesn't anybody else use the handy autofill button for BODs and noticed this?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, I've mentioned this BOD fill problem before but not seen a response - I hit the autofill button and then the fill the deed button and the action always stops short of the total number - doesn't anybody else use the handy autofill button for BODs and noticed this?
well, the bug is quite simple, there is not much to say until it's fixed on the next version :p