• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI 6.0 BETA

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be giving this a spin tonight. Keep up the great work Pinco. I had to delete all my profile and start a fresh as I was having backpack not showing issues. I think it was there but just off screen so I couldn't see it.

I also noticed when I scaled my map a small amount and logged out it didn't remember the size I set it to.
the map now should work, give it a try :p

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Pinco. I had to move 40 chairs yesterday which gave me the idea. Specially with the "Cursed" context menu issue..

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Pinco. I had to move 40 chairs yesterday which gave me the idea. Specially with the "Cursed" context menu issue..
with the last patch I'm not gettting the curse, just sometimes the menu won't appears...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
make sure you are using the last patch, I can't replicate this in any way...
Ah ha! I didn't have the latest patch, which does appear to have fixed it. Yay for Pinco! :banana:

I still think an action just to fix this problem is a good idea, based on the number of times it seems to randomly happen :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah ha! I didn't have the latest patch, which does appear to have fixed it. Yay for Pinco! :banana:

I still think an action just to fix this problem is a good idea, based on the number of times it seems to randomly happen :p
No, this must not happen... until we're on beta it's ok, but I hope this won't happen when we reach the final release :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm right clicking a hotbar then picking "new hotbar" and picking a standard 12 block bar. It then doesn't show it on the screen. I have a feeling its creating it but its off screen.

EDIT - With a brand new clean profile it adds the hotbars ok. They appear at the very top of the screen and I can drag them into position.

As soon as I start moving objects about and setting up everything how I want and try to make new bars they just don't show when I try to make more.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having a problem with some containers. I can't move the objects in them or take them out unless I open the Search window then I can remove them. This is happening with some bags and backpacks, even if the bag is in my backpack.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having a problem with some containers. I can't move the objects in them or take them out unless I open the Search window then I can remove them. This is happening with some bags and backpacks, even if the bag is in my backpack.
use the debug window action to see if there is some kind of error popping out when you do that...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, nothing showed up in the Debug window. It seems to happen to containers that are in a pack which is in my main backpack. I can move things in the container in my main backpack, but if I open a container in that pack, I can't move the items. If I take that bag and put it in my main backpack then I can move them again.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, nothing showed up in the Debug window. It seems to happen to containers that are in a pack which is in my main backpack. I can move things in the container in my main backpack, but if I open a container in that pack, I can't move the items. If I take that bag and put it in my main backpack then I can move them again.
is not happening to me, try to send me your profile so I can check it out...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got most things setup and working now thanks Pinco :thumbup1:

When I copy my char profile and rename it to another char to use everything works ok apart from the backpack not showing.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK sorted it. I removed the line:

Code:
<WindowPositions name="ContainerWindow_1114296855" x="1028.000000" y="707.000000" width="495.064819" height="312.000000" />
which I'm guessing is my backpack?

What are all the gump ones? are these container locations?

Code:
<WindowPositions name="Gump999071" x="653.000000" y="44.000000" />

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The backpack shows if you close it and reopen it. At least it does for me.

@Pinco if there is something you can look into for me and that would be characters named the same thing on the same shard only save ONE template. They don't have individual templates.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The backpack shows if you close it and reopen it. At least it does for me.

@Pinco if there is something you can look into for me and that would be characters named the same thing on the same shard only save ONE template. They don't have individual templates.
can't, that's inside the client...

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco thank you for the snooping tools! In conjunction with our traditional steal macros, the whole process is streamlined and takes the frustration of the obstructive paperdolls out of the piccture! Thanks again! Thieves everywhere love you!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
can't, that's inside the client...
Ok I'll yell at the DEV's about that then. And I am having issues with Backpacks. Often when I log in the pack isn't there... I have to log in and out a few times and then sometimes it's way up in the upper right corner and only the part that you drag to enlarge it is showing.... and I have to make it super big then pull it down so I can move it and resize it back to where it should be.

Also I too have many problems opening bags in bags and trying to take anything out of them.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any chance of having the amount of charges on a bag of sending showing when it is in a hotbar, either as a visible number or on mousing over the bos in the hotbar as it does in the default client. (in the default client on 'mouse over' it says 'Bag of Sending', Weight 2 stones, Charges: 30, Target: Cursor) Right now it just says 'bag of sending' 2 stones and doesn't show the remaining charges, even though the bag in the backpack it shows the charges remaining as a number. I dump my bos in the bottom of my backpack and just use it from the hotbar, not being able to 'see' the amount of charges means I don't know when it has run out. I also recharge it by targeting the bag in the hotbar and use it from the hotbar.

Also , none of my pet summon balls have the name of the pet on them, they just show the ball graphic, insured, and the weight. It doesn't even say 'pet summoning ball' on mouse over. Anyone else having this problem?

thanks

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was getting nasty lag tonight when crossing server lines... I'm talking about '97-esque stutter-stepping and rubber banding, it was horrid. I found that it was linked to having a resized map open (not scaled, made bigger with the arrow in the bottom right corner. When I closed it, the lag vanished. When I reopened it, it was instantly back.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I'll yell at the DEV's about that then. And I am having issues with Backpacks. Often when I log in the pack isn't there... I have to log in and out a few times and then sometimes it's way up in the upper right corner and only the part that you drag to enlarge it is showing.... and I have to make it super big then pull it down so I can move it and resize it back to where it should be.

Also I too have many problems opening bags in bags and trying to take anything out of them.
make sure you are using the latest version of the UI

I was getting nasty lag tonight when crossing server lines... I'm talking about '97-esque stutter-stepping and rubber banding, it was horrid. I found that it was linked to having a resized map open (not scaled, made bigger with the arrow in the bottom right corner. When I closed it, the lag vanished. When I reopened it, it was instantly back.
that's because the larger the map, the more waypoints has to parse and draw, there is nothing that I can do about that...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Using the latest far as I know ...... I always open it up from the patcher mode. It is currently 6.0063.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using the latest far as I know ...... I always open it up from the patcher mode. It is currently 6.0063.
ok, I think I found the cause of the container that goes away... Somehow it seems the location is not saved correctly and it's unable to restore a default one. On the next version it will be fixed, for now I think it's enough to move the container just once per character...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I sure hope so everytime I log out on one character and back in on another the silly backpack is gone again and I can't get it back until I log out again and log back in and then try to open it.... then it's often off in some weird spot.

Also the amount of stuff in my packs and in my bank box are not correct. It only shows the number of items in the squares it does NOT take into account things in packs.

And I still can not open things that are say in my backpack inside a pack in a pack in my backpack.... I can open it look in it but can't remove anything or use anything inside a bag inside a bag in my pack.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sure hope so everytime I log out on one character and back in on another the silly backpack is gone again and I can't get it back until I log out again and log back in and then try to open it.... then it's often off in some weird spot.

Also the amount of stuff in my packs and in my bank box are not correct. It only shows the number of items in the squares it does NOT take into account things in packs.

And I still can not open things that are say in my backpack inside a pack in a pack in my backpack.... I can open it look in it but can't remove anything or use anything inside a bag inside a bag in my pack.
the items amount can't be fixed, the client can count only the sub-containers it can read, and if you don't get the right number is because it can't see inside...

I can't replicate the pack in a pack thing, perhaps has something to do with the contaier type you are using?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the items amount can't be fixed, the client can count only the sub-containers it can read, and if you don't get the right number is because it can't see inside...

I can't replicate the pack in a pack thing, perhaps has something to do with the contaier type you are using?
I'm looking thru all the gifts I have on all the shards. I open some and I can't move anything I have to pick it up and put it in my backpack first level to move stuff. Getting super annoying.

Oh and another thing.... Sometimes my account age is on my profile sometimes it isn't. Also weird.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm looking thru all the gifts I have on all the shards. I open some and I can't move anything I have to pick it up and put it in my backpack first level to move stuff. Getting super annoying.

Oh and another thing.... Sometimes my account age is on my profile sometimes it isn't. Also weird.
I found how to replicate the containers problem by messing up a bit your profile, on the next release it will be fixed :p

the profile age is received from server, so if it's not shown there may be something preventing the correct reading of it... open the debug window before playing with the profiles, so when it happens you may find the error popping out :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If its not to much to ask would we be able to get "total resists" added to the bottom line of the item properties when in "classic mode" for the tool tip things.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK just run into another small problem / issue.

I was sorting out some loot and the resist order seems to be a bit messed up here:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK just run into another small problem / issue.

I was sorting out some loot and the resist order seems to be a bit messed up here:

And the Imbuing intensity on items is quite a bit off

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesnt seem to remember chat colours. I have three tabs that I extract and have one for guild and party chat. I set it to orange each time but next login its back to the default green colour.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesnt seem to remember chat colours. I have three tabs that I extract and have one for guild and party chat. I set it to orange each time but next login its back to the default green colour.
This. I noticed it last night after re-customizing the UI on several characters.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the Imbuing intensity on items is quite a bit off
this can't be solved, the current formula uses all the available informations on the matter. Remember that the new loot gives you items with so many properties that nobody cares about imbuing anymore :|

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
those colors are not saved client side, and they are the same for all your characters in every shard, except the speech color that is saved locally.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Crafting is more fun with Pinco's - Autofill is handy - but my Autofill is still stopping short every time (18 of 20, 13 of 15) - ?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any chance of having the amount of charges on a bag of sending showing when it is in a hotbar, either as a visible number or on mousing over the bos in the hotbar as it does in the default client. (in the default client on 'mouse over' it says 'Bag of Sending', Weight 2 stones, Charges: 30, Target: Cursor) Right now it just says 'bag of sending' 2 stones and doesn't show the remaining charges, even though the bag in the backpack it shows the charges remaining as a number. I dump my bos in the bottom of my backpack and just use it from the hotbar, not being able to 'see' the amount of charges means I don't know when it has run out. I also recharge it by targeting the bag in the hotbar and use it from the hotbar.

Also , none of my pet summon balls have the name of the pet on them, they just show the ball graphic, insured, and the weight. It doesn't even say 'pet summoning ball' on mouse over. Anyone else having this problem?

thanks
@Pinko, any news on the above, might of missed it in all the other posts. :)

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco I've got the backpack issue now if I close the client and reopen it works. I've purged all my data files and recreated from new but hasn't fixed it though.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The backpack thing is rather annoying. Not as bad though as the problem I'm having with massive lag. But I think that is server side. I'm pretty sure @Bleak still needs to do something about massive lag when attempting to open corpses that have gone public in the EC.... also EVERYTIME I die now it's a good 10 to 15 seconds of being completely locked up while it plays out the death sound and graphic.... or something it's like well...... I must have died because now I can't do anything.... and it says it's not repsonding... then 10 to 15 seconds later I get the sound of death followed by a gray screen.... then when I get back up I can't seem to get my things back together for awhile because it's taking forever to load my backpack.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep. Couple of public Scalis lastnight on Europa and when the body went public and I tried to open it locked up my client every single time. Also I'm having locking issues when dragging off peoples health bars. Either from their avatar or via the mobiles bar. I don't think this is Pinco UI issue as it happens in the standard EC also.

Now I play with another client open and ready to login as I know its just a matter of time until I crash out or have a total lock up.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinko, any news on the above, might of missed it in all the other posts. :)
@Pinco I've got the backpack issue now if I close the client and reopen it works. I've purged all my data files and recreated from new but hasn't fixed it though.
this are already fixed on the next version...

Yep. Couple of public Scalis lastnight on Europa and when the body went public and I tried to open it locked up my client every single time. Also I'm having locking issues when dragging off peoples health bars. Either from their avatar or via the mobiles bar. I don't think this is Pinco UI issue as it happens in the standard EC also.

Now I play with another client open and ready to login as I know its just a matter of time until I crash out or have a total lock up.
the more the items, the more the lag, and grid mode cause a massive lag. TBH I think that dropping dozens of junk items is a bad design. They should reduce the number of items and increase the quality instead...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TBH I think that dropping dozens of junk items is a bad design. They should reduce the number of items and increase the quality instead...
I totally agree. Last night the public corpse was showing over 300+ items inside. The gump only has 125 spaces so it just has a fit and locks up. I would mouse over an item and then loot it but the actual item I looted would be a different one form what was showing in the tool tip. This is also happening in the standard EC and I thought they fixed it. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about all the loot. I'm complaining about the containers that just can't handle it all.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I totally agree. Last night the public corpse was showing over 300+ items inside. The gump only has 125 spaces so it just has a fit and locks up. I would mouse over an item and then loot it but the actual item I looted would be a different one form what was showing in the tool tip. This is also happening in the standard EC and I thought they fixed it. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about all the loot. I'm complaining about the containers that just can't handle it all.
Yeah well it's starting to make me seriously want to stop playing. I am not going to go back to playing in 2d. I won't. But if they can't fix these issues then there is no point in hunting or attending an EM event or anything... which means wtf am I paying over 100 bucks a month for? And I'm guessing it's getting harder and harder for me to justify the cost vs the "reward" of the fun of playing UO. As it is with the EC in the state it is in... Cost vs Reward is dying... and I'm reaching the point where it's more Cost = Frustration .... and I don't think I need to pay to get all stressed out and annoyed because I can't play my game that I generally play to relieve my stress and frustration. So boosting that is well.... not worth the expense.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grabbing peoples health bars is still locking me up and I have to force close the client and reload. Either from their player or mobiles bar.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grabbing peoples health bars is still locking me up and I have to force close the client and reload. Either from their player or mobiles bar.
I can't replicate this, I tried with your profile and when I take an healthbar all is fine... I tried with NPCs, players and it's all smooth....

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't replicate this, I tried with your profile and when I take an healthbar all is fine... I tried with NPCs, players and it's all smooth....
I can send you my updated profile Pinco if thats any use? Its only seems to be when I drag other players health bars up during PvP. It was making me think maybe its because they are running some naughty scripts or something. For NPC's and monsters etc all is fine.

I have eveything setup and working now and I'm LOVING your new UI. This is just sooooo annoying when it happens :-(

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would try and record it. What video capture software do people use?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found out how to replicate it. It seems to happen sometimes when you take the healthbars while you are moving...
If me or them is moving and also sometimes standing still. My whole game locks and then the screen starts to fade white with the cursor just spinning away in the middle.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If me or them is moving and also sometimes standing still. My whole game locks and then the screen starts to fade white with the cursor just spinning away in the middle.
I made some tests but this seems to be a client problem... perhaps @Bleak can make some tests with the client in debug mode and find out what's going on :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made some tests but this seems to be a client problem... perhaps @Bleak can make some tests with the client in debug mode and find out what's going on :p
Do you get the same thing where it locks up and then a half white screen? (I'm running windows 7 64bit if that makes any difference.)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you get the same thing where it locks up and then a half white screen? (I'm running windows 7 64bit if that makes any difference.)
the white screen happens on windows when a program don't respond....