• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI 6.0 BETA

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I found an odd "bug" with some items when you mouse over them with the New Items Property turned off. One is I can't see the Strength Bonus of my SW Focus, just the # of hours left and items that have uses, the # of uses only show up if they are in a container, but not when they are locked down. Instead of modifying the "big wall of properties", can you just have it switch to the Default UI when you turn off the New Properties option?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I found an odd "bug" with some items when you mouse over them with the New Items Property turned off. One is I can't see the Strength Bonus of my SW Focus, just the # of hours left and items that have uses, the # of uses only show up if they are in a container, but not when they are locked down. Instead of modifying the "big wall of properties", can you just have it switch to the Default UI when you turn off the New Properties option?
the charges bug is already addressed in the new version.
The current item properties system is far different that the default one, and there is no way to go back. If you don't like the text wall change the colors, perhaps is just that...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I like the text colors, I was just trying to make it easier for you. Glad the charges bug is fixed :):party:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I like the text colors, I was just trying to make it easier for you. Glad the charges bug is fixed :):party:
there will be also some colors improvements in the next version like a color for "legendary artifact" and the comma for big amounts... and let's not forget the toggle for the caps and the objects descriptions (like there was in the old versions) :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco Found another bug... You told me I don't need the little triangle thing anymore to tell me my weight, follower and such but the new bars you put in are awesome.... my only problem is they WON'T stay where I put them. Everytime I log in they go under the map in my upper right corner. VERY annoying. I ALWAYS Keep my Map in the upper right corner... and everytime I log in those little bars have gone into hiding under the map and I have to move them out one by one. Annoying.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco Found another bug... You told me I don't need the little triangle thing anymore to tell me my weight, follower and such but the new bars you put in are awesome.... my only problem is they WON'T stay where I put them. Everytime I log in they go under the map in my upper right corner. VERY annoying. I ALWAYS Keep my Map in the upper right corner... and everytime I log in those little bars have gone into hiding under the map and I have to move them out one by one. Annoying.
I don't understand the problem... you put the label over the map and the map appears over them?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't understand the problem... you put the label over the map and the map appears over them?
I pull the Luck, Gold, Bank Balance, my Weight and the Followers bars off my Sheet and put them up in the Upper right corner of my screen just to the LEFT of my MAP which ALWAYS is in the UPPER RIGHT corner of my screen ON EVERY character I have. However when I LOG OUT and log back in all the BARS from my sheet are now UNDER my map. I don't WANT Them to keep going UNDER my map.

Also I don't know what's up with bags and the square grid but I was getting extremely irritated trying to organize things in my bags and chests when everything I put in won't drop in the square I want it to go it keeps dropping to the first available square instead of the one I'm attempting to drop it into.

This is WRONG! Note the Bars UNDER My map!

This is how they should be and how I set them BEFORE I log out. But everytime I log in they are back UNDER my map!

Last edited:

mghtyshark

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Congrats on your update. However, did you try creatng a cheat engine for the CC as well?

I've released the new version of my UI. Remember that is a beta version :p

Remember to use the UI Patcher to UNINSTALL the old version of the UI before using the basic setup.
You can find the basic setup HERE

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Congrats on your update. However, did you try creatng a cheat engine for the CC as well?
Pinco's UI is not a "cheat" program. The EC is designed for people to create a UI to work with it.

The 2d client was not.

Besides which many modern games now have customizable UI's.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Suggestion; is it possible to have backpacks with an individual scale setting from the rest of the UI? I seem to recall they were fixed in older versions, but when you scale down the UI now the backpacks are a little too small for my eyes... Thanks!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pull the Luck, Gold, Bank Balance, my Weight and the Followers bars off my Sheet and put them up in the Upper right corner of my screen just to the LEFT of my MAP which ALWAYS is in the UPPER RIGHT corner of my screen ON EVERY character I have. However when I LOG OUT and log back in all the BARS from my sheet are now UNDER my map. I don't WANT Them to keep going UNDER my map.

Also I don't know what's up with bags and the square grid but I was getting extremely irritated trying to organize things in my bags and chests when everything I put in won't drop in the square I want it to go it keeps dropping to the first available square instead of the one I'm attempting to drop it into.

This is WRONG! Note the Bars UNDER My map!

This is how they should be and how I set them BEFORE I log out. But everytime I log in they are back UNDER my map!
send me this profile so I can check out what's wrong...

Suggestion; is it possible to have backpacks with an individual scale setting from the rest of the UI? I seem to recall they were fixed in older versions, but when you scale down the UI now the backpacks are a little too small for my eyes... Thanks!
The scale mode works fine on containers...

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
send me this profile so I can check out what's wrong...

The scale mode works fine on containers...
Yes, it scales with the settings; my request is for it NOT too, so you can have tiny icons elsewhere but the backpack at full size so you can see what's actually in them without eye strain. Separate scaling, please.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it scales with the settings; my request is for it NOT too, so you can have tiny icons elsewhere but the backpack at full size so you can see what's actually in them without eye strain. Separate scaling, please.
no, there is an action "scale mode" use it and scale what you want with the mouse wheel :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beta 7 is out with a lot of changes.

Don't forget to check out the CHANGELOG

With this version I've added all the features that I had planned, now it starts the last period of beta (1-2 weeks, it depends on how it goes), then we will have a final version :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, the Silver Trader thinks he's the Cleanup Trader:
upload_2014-12-18_9-52-45.png

It does show the correct Reward Points. BTW I love this new gump for Cleanup and HOPE this format will be used for the Silver Trader too.

oh and Yay, it's my birthday
upload_2014-12-18_9-58-40.png
Love the new Vet rewards pop up

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loving the new update Pinco! Keep up the great work.

Not really a major issue but when I died today and got a res my backpack seems to re-open in a different location from when it is set before.

Also just found another strange one. I load up the crystal portal menu. Click on fel sanctuary and it tries to take me to wind!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loving the new update Pinco! Keep up the great work.

Not really a major issue but when I died today and got a res my backpack seems to re-open in a different location from when it is set before.

Also just found another strange one. I load up the crystal portal menu. Click on fel sanctuary and it tries to take me to wind!
it seems the backpacks changes id by time to time :|
Ok, soon I'll upload a patch that will get rid of the problem once and for all :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've also got another hotbar that seems to jump about every time I login again.

I deleted it, logged out, logged back in and made a new one. Moved it into position. Logged out, logged back in and still won't save location :-(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've also got another hotbar that seems to jump about every time I login again.

I deleted it, logged out, logged back in and made a new one. Moved it into position. Logged out, logged back in and still won't save location :-(
I need the profile to check this.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks man, all working great now :)

Last edited:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, the Silver Trader is no longer selling me cleanup items, but no pretty new gump :( Oh and while I hadn't reported it before when you mouse over the banners while in a town that is besieged, the item window just appears in the top left corner of the screen for a second and goes away. This is probably due to the VvV gump blinking every second. Not a major deal as this does not happen in towns that are not under siege and never happens in Tram towns. Thanks again for your quick attention during this beta cycle and I'm enjoying your new UI :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, the Silver Trader is no longer selling me cleanup items, but no pretty new gump :( Oh and while I hadn't reported it before when you mouse over the banners while in a town that is besieged, the item window just appears in the top left corner of the screen for a second and goes away. This is probably due to the VvV gump blinking every second. Not a major deal as this does not happen in towns that are not under siege and never happens in Tram towns. Thanks again for your quick attention during this beta cycle and I'm enjoying your new UI :)
it doesn't happen to me, I've just tried... mouse over banners or any other thing and the properties stays visible...

and about the nice gump, I would like to make one for VvV too, but I don't have enough silver to get the data for every button :/

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Were you in a town during a battle? That's the only time I get the vanishing banner info.

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I use the EC Profile Manager to "fix" the zoom level. The newest version of the ui won't keep my settings, however, and I'm zoomed way out each time I log in. Am I doing something wrong, or is there an in-game setting I can set to retain this zoom level?

Also, I'm still getting some serious latency with the single-click menus (to access the NPC buy menu or my packhorses backpack, for instance)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well sadly @Bleak Still needs to fix the health bar issue... if I pull a bar of someone it crashes the client or locks it up completely.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use the EC Profile Manager to "fix" the zoom level. The newest version of the ui won't keep my settings, however, and I'm zoomed way out each time I log in. Am I doing something wrong, or is there an in-game setting I can set to retain this zoom level?

Also, I'm still getting some serious latency with the single-click menus (to access the NPC buy menu or my packhorses backpack, for instance)
EC Profile manager for now doesn't do any good, unless you want to copy macros :p
The zoom level is already optimal by default so that option won't be there on the future version.

That's not latency, you just have to call for the context menu again sometimes, but there is nothing doable about it for now...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still get this daily myself and it's very very annoying.
well probably one day the game will get so annoyed that it will fix itself... :D
but until that day I doubt that there will be this kind of fixes without a client patch :p

And right now I think the devs are in vacation for xmas, and they will return after easter to start the next publish :lol:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but until that day I doubt that there will be this kind of fixes without a client patch :p
Well that's all I want for Christmas!!!! I'm kinda glad its not just me having the health bar issue. Maybe if enough people complain the Dev team might have a look into it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well that's all I want for Christmas!!!! I'm kinda glad its not just me having the health bar issue. Maybe if enough people complain the Dev team might have a look into it.
And maybe if you close your eyes, click your heals together and say "There's no place like home...." three times...

Oh wait... no wrong answer nevermind but it's just as useless to do as to wish for such a thing.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They will just say: "this bug is around since october, they can live another year or two with it..." :D

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK first off I feel guilty as hell for asking this looking at the last change log u work your butt off mate :)

BUT IM GONA ASK ANYWAY haha

I was never a huge fan of the "New Item Properties Layout" it's not that I don't like it I just rather have everything compacted so I can quickly scan it - just a personal preference. Anyway! I noticed the properties in the old layout aren't getting colored by intensity, any plans to add this back in?

Thanks!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK first off I feel guilty as hell for asking this looking at the last change log u work your butt off mate :)

I was never a huge fan of the "New Item Properties Layout" it's not that I don't like it I just rather have everything compacted so I can quickly scan it - just a personal preference. Anyway! I noticed the properties in the old layout aren't getting colored by intensity, any plans to add this back in?

Thanks!
it's not a big deal, I can add that to the next version :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks!
give it a try :)

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can no longer get a menu to come up for BODs and bribes when I click on the NPC smiths - click, click, nothing happens - what changed after the latest patch? I gotta go back to EC

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can no longer get a menu to come up for BODs and bribes when I click on the NPC smiths - click, click, nothing happens - what changed after the latest patch? I gotta go back to EC
The context menus have been buggy for a while. I just tried and was able to get a BoD from the smith in Luna. It seems to remember the last context window that came up and it shows up 1st, then you click a 2nd or sometimes a third time and you get the right one.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've put up with that before, clicking 3 or 4 times until he right menu finally came up - this time no amount of clicking helped, even after logging out and back in. I did just log back in and try it again and got the menu - so I guess sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The context menus have been buggy for a while. I just tried and was able to get a BoD from the smith in Luna. It seems to remember the last context window that came up and it shows up 1st, then you click a 2nd or sometimes a third time and you get the right one.
I am getting the same thing, it is really aggravating having to click on something over and over to get the correct context menu. Any fix in the works for this?

Also I am finding when I go to drag a health bar of something it is going to the very top left corner of the screen and it can't be moved at all. No idea what is causing this, anyone else having this problem?

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This issue with context menus may not be Pincos. I have gotten this occasionally and I haven't tried Pincos beta yet. Letting you guys work all the bugs out first. Heh. Yeah I'm a bum but I donate.