• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI 6.0 BETA

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've put up with that before, clicking 3 or 4 times until he right menu finally came up - this time no amount of clicking helped, even after logging out and back in. I did just log back in and try it again and got the menu - so I guess sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't
when you take a current target wait a second or two before try to get a context menu, because there are some automated calls of it that might prevents you from getting the one you need... Besides to get bods/bribe just use the buttons under the target window no? :p

Also I am finding when I go to drag a health bar of something it is going to the very top left corner of the screen and it can't be moved at all. No idea what is causing this, anyone else having this problem?
I can't replicate this

This issue with context menus may not be Pincos. I have gotten this occasionally and I haven't tried Pincos beta yet. Letting you guys work all the bugs out first. Heh. Yeah I'm a bum but I donate.
yeah, the context menu is mainly the way the system is designed the problem...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I know it's kind of late in your Beta but was wondering if you could change the following window:
upload_2014-12-20_11-55-44.png
This is the window as it is in the regular EC client and the text you type in is Light Green which is almost impossible to see. In your old UI you had replaced it with a much easier window to work with. This window is also the same type that pops up when you add a promotional item. So if you can change them I would truly appreciate it...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I know it's kind of late in your Beta but was wondering if you could change the following window:
View attachment 27346
This is the window as it is in the regular EC client and the text you type in is Light Green which is almost impossible to see. In your old UI you had replaced it with a much easier window to work with. This window is also the same type that pops up when you add a promotional item. So if you can change them I would truly appreciate it...
why? don't you like surprises? isn't fun not knowing what are you writing? :lol:

I should be able to make a mini patch this evening with that fix :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
new mini patch is up, with this you can also find the Buoy Tool that simplify the crab fishing :)

Read the full changelog HERE

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you say: VvV rewards gump like the cleaning britannia yes or no? :p

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also I am finding when I go to drag a health bar of something it is going to the very top left corner of the screen and it can't be moved at all. No idea what is causing this, anyone else having this problem?
I also ran into this yesterday. Eventually I figured out the only way to unlock it was a little dot in the upper left corner

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had this myself today a few times. I'd never seen it before. I either crash out when I pull health bars or now they just pop to the top right corner and cannot be moved unless I Atl+click them. Also when this happens my mobile bars stop working :-(

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why? don't you like surprises? isn't fun not knowing what are you writing? :lol:

I should be able to make a mini patch this evening with that fix :p
Yay, thanks Pinco. The black font is MUCH easier to see. I hated the light green, couldn't see any typos I made and it was quite annoying. Thanks again...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had this myself today a few times. I'd never seen it before. I either crash out when I pull health bars or now they just pop to the top right corner and cannot be moved unless I Atl+click them. Also when this happens my mobile bars stop working :-(
have you tried with the latest version?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have you tried with the latest version?
Yep I quit out and reloaded and there was a nice little update. Thanks Pinco.

I have just noticed today that when I equip a different sword the previously held weapon still shows in the paperdoll.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have just noticed today that when I equip a different sword the previously held weapon still shows in the paperdoll.
it happens als0 in the backpack, but I still don't have a clue why...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

let's make a little test and see what happen...
I've made some bold changes, let's hope is not catastrophic :D

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK I'm still getting the bars popping to the top left corner now. I can re-produce it every time just from dismounting. The health bar for my horse goes to the top let corner and not under the pet bar.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another strange thing has just started to happen. When I right click gold or items on a corpse they no longer move to my backpack (gold pile) and my loot bag (all other items). I enabled quick loot on all containers and the same thing happens.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The scale mode works fine on containers...
Can you explain where the ability to scale containers independently is please? I've searched all the options and I can't see it, and having Zoom In/Out set to mouse wheel and rolling it over a bag doesn't rescale it. I can do it via the Options > UI scale but that handles every window.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another strange thing has just started to happen. When I right click gold or items on a corpse they no longer move to my backpack (gold pile) and my loot bag (all other items). I enabled quick loot on all containers and the same thing happens.
yes, I'm expecting problems like that, give it a try now and check if it's better :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you explain where the ability to scale containers independently is please? I've searched all the options and I can't see it, and having Zoom In/Out set to mouse wheel and rolling it over a bag doesn't rescale it. I can do it via the Options > UI scale but that handles every window.
Scale Mode is under Actions>Other. Drag it out to a hot bar, click it to turn it on, then put your cursor on the border of the backpack gump and scroll the mouse wheel. You can resize individual pieces of the UI this way.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you must first drag the scale mode action into an hotbar slot, use that action to enter into scale mode and then use the mouse wheel to scale things around :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, I'm expecting problems like that, give it a try now and check if it's better :p
Working on a Sunday?! Thats dedication!!! Thanks Pinco whatever you did has fixed it. Thanks :)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, thank you; I'll have a look at that.

Meanwhile, just tried my first event on Europa with the new UI... is anyone else unable to click on the healthbars to select as current target? I couldn't get at anyone via the Mobiles Bar, the Pets Bar, or even dragging the health bar off anyone. Had to set them as stored targets for bandages and spells etc. Tab targetting worked however...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, thank you; I'll have a look at that.

Meanwhile, just tried my first event on Europa with the new UI... is anyone else unable to click on the healthbars to select as current target? I couldn't get at anyone via the Mobiles Bar, the Pets Bar, or even dragging the health bar off anyone. Had to set them as stored targets for bandages and spells etc. Tab targetting worked however...
yes, that's part of a radical test I'm doing... I should be able to upload another patch shortly that will fix that and probably the crash bug too :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is anyone else unable to click on the healthbars to select as current target? I couldn't get at anyone via the Mobiles Bar, the Pets Bar, or even dragging the health bar off anyone. Had to set them as stored targets for bandages and spells etc. Tab targetting worked however...
I have my tab key = target nearest enemy and as you say that works fine. I found double clicking the target on the mobile bar worked also.

I'm having trouble with party health bars jumping about all over now :-(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
give it a try now... and you all should try if the client is still crashing when you take the healthbars...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the last mini patch now you have the action: "Equip Last"
It was highly requested in the past, I hope you'll find that useful :)

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
when you take a current target wait a second or two before try to get a context menu, because there are some automated calls of it that might prevents you from getting the one you need... Besides to get bods/bribe just use the buttons under the target window no? :p
OK, I added the BOD and bribe buttons to a hot bar, much easier now, thanks

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
give it a try now... and you all should try if the client is still crashing when you take the healthbars...
Well I've been giving everything a good test today and I'm happy to report its all good now. I've only had 1 crash from dragging a bar so something is a lot better there. I just hope I wont be back here eating my words....!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Crafting glitch?
When I'm making a bunch of items with my carpenter, and hit make max, I want to be able to drag more wood into a container to keep it going until the container is full. I can't do that, because the number gump freezes when I try to grab more wood. It seems as long as the program is cranking out items, it won't let anything else happen

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crafting glitch?
When I'm making a bunch of items with my carpenter, and hit make max, I want to be able to drag more wood into a container to keep it going until the container is full. I can't do that, because the number gump freezes when I try to grab more wood. It seems as long as the program is cranking out items, it won't let anything else happen
try now...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hello, me again.
Is there a fix being planned for the difficulty of getting NPC dialogues to come up? I worked around not being able to get BOD and bribe options by using the BOD and Bribe autotarget buttons, but I don't see an easy way around other NPC dialogue options - and here's one that strikes straight at new players.
I was taking a new character around New Haven tonight picking up skills from the NPCs and was having a very hard time getting the dialogues to come up. It seems the game was still remembering some previous target instead of the target I was clicking on, so the proper menus to get the needed skills from the NPCs would not come up. I had to switch back to EC to get the job done.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I noticed today that the detail for wood types is missing. When you mouse over different timbers it just says 16,718 boards, weight 16,718 stones, Yew. No other detail like it used to, ie what the timber gives you when crafting. Is this going to be added like before? Same for ingots and leather. I used to find the added detail fantastic, especially when I haven't use a material for a while.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed today that the detail for wood types is missing. When you mouse over different timbers it just says 16,718 boards, weight 16,718 stones, Yew. No other detail like it used to, ie what the timber gives you when crafting. Is this going to be added like before? Same for ingots and leather. I used to find the added detail fantastic, especially when I haven't use a material for a while.
They show up on the Tool Gump if that helps.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, me again.
Is there a fix being planned for the difficulty of getting NPC dialogues to come up? I worked around not being able to get BOD and bribe options by using the BOD and Bribe autotarget buttons, but I don't see an easy way around other NPC dialogue options - and here's one that strikes straight at new players.
I was taking a new character around New Haven tonight picking up skills from the NPCs and was having a very hard time getting the dialogues to come up. It seems the game was still remembering some previous target instead of the target I was clicking on, so the proper menus to get the needed skills from the NPCs would not come up. I had to switch back to EC to get the job done.
Since this bug was really bothering me from the first time it appeared, today I've decided to tear apart the whole context menu system in search of a definitive solution for the problem

After several hours I've finally fixed it, so when I release the next version (in few hours) this problem will be finally gone :banana:

This will be fixed on the next version, so just check the patcher in few hours :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just went to do some SOS with my friend and the way point was created on the map fine but it no longer shows the flashing beacon thing in the water. Is there something I need to turn on for this Pinco?

Also seems to be a problem with party bars not scaling.

Top picture shows how I set them up. Bottom picture shows when I login again. They jump back to actual scale and not the size they are set as.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just went to do some SOS with my friend and the way point was created on the map fine but it no longer shows the flashing beacon thing in the water. Is there something I need to turn on for this Pinco?

Top picture shows how I set them up. Bottom picture shows when I login again. They jump back to actual scale and not the size they are set as.

the yellow glowing thing is only for the old waypoints system, I can't restore it...

I'll take a look on the scale of those bars, in the meantime test the context menus if you can, thanks :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've tested the party healthbars and are working fine for me, send me your profile so I can test :p

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the new context options on the current target bar.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, Dry Dock ship is not working from the context menu.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neither does the Set Security option on the context menu on a locked down rune book. I bypassed the issue by using the Set Security Action.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sent you a PM. Thanks
I did some tests and the bars are scaled correctly with your profile ... :/

Pinco, Dry Dock ship is not working from the context menu.
Neither does the Set Security option on the context menu on a locked down rune book. I bypassed the issue by using the Set Security Action.
I found the cause and I should be able to upload the new patch shortly, but I want to add 2 more things in the meantime :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Um..... Pinco.... I can't open my beetles pack. This means I can't unload my stuff..... and I can't finish working on moving things.