• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania PVP Thread - Episode 19 - Sandpit Wars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya busty n to all my friends , Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!

FFS Pet , you cant pvp at all so STFU !
If you are Avenger (probably just buster on his account), here's a quick history of your pvp:

1. Ebayed 4fc when AoS came out. Then Whiplash got 4fc and absolutely dominated you guys 2v1. 4fc got capped to 2. You quit.
2. The "SE phase": you made a gimp Evasion nerve strike necro mage. You didn't kill anybody but you were impossible to kill. Evasion got nerfed. Cookie killed you guys 4v1 the next morning. You quit.
3. The "I stole pets template and made a WoD archer" phase: You had a stealth 70 AI/100 dmg Word of death archer. AI and WoD got nerfed. You quit.
4. Then there was a few phases where you had a dismount tamer.

You were never good, you relied on overpowered templates.

L

LordHammer

1. Ebayed 4fc when AoS came out. Then Whiplash got 4fc and absolutely dominated you guys 2v1. 4fc got capped to You quit. - ( A big fat lie)

2. The "SE phase": you made a gimp Evasion nerve strike necro mage. You didn't kill anybody but you were impossible to kill. Evasion got nerfed. Cookie killed you guys 4v1 the next morning. You quit. -( a big fatter lie )

You were never good, you relied on overpowered templates - ( big fattest lie)

LOL !!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!! you seem to be missing out the facts . Oh well , what can i say abt you ? Owned !

I

iddqd

umm, katlene, how about you go play with your fairies, and maybe slap around your other fairys. then make a pixie circle, and dance in it. Maybe then you can take your robe off, and become a hippy pixie? Roleplaying Anyone?

weeee ingame smacktalk weeeeeeeeeee
Buster FTW.

seriously, katlene - you dont pvp, you dont like pvp, you dont like how people who do pvp behave and speak to one another - heres a solution for you:

DONT READ THE PVP PAGE. DONT TALK TO PEOPLE WHO BEHAVE AND SPEAK IN A MANNER YOU DISLIKE.

problem solved. but, typically, you dont WANT to do that, you like the drama and wish you could join in, because after the umpteeth ingame 'wedding', 'RP' just doesnt seem to cut it.

---

ps if buster is back regularly, i'll be back. tried coming back, but i need people to hate on, and while he wasnt very good at pvp (though admittedly better than most non opk), he was always good for hating on. i need the aggravation to motivate me.

ps, WoW pvp is TERRIBLE. Noone who ever plays this game has any real cause for complaint. even 4fc or bushido crits or even WoD archers have anything on that game's imbalances. WORST (pvp) DEVS EVAR. UO is sooooo lucky Tom Chilton left to go work for blizzard.

I

iddqd

lol @ av (buster on av's strat account). that list pet made is 100% spot on. hell i even got you a couple times just after 4fc nerf on dal (for those that dont know the char - necro/mage before they were popular - or even useful haha - with 0 wep skill) in duels. seriously, LOL @ THAT.

i give you credit for being the best in TC, but thats like being the best at the special olympics. admittedly, av always seemed to be a good, and fast decision-maker, but thast about it.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ps if buster is back regularly, i'll be back. tried coming back, but i need people to hate on, and while he wasnt very good at pvp (though admittedly better than most non opk), he was always good for hating on. i need the aggravation to motivate me.
Buster just plays at 9am and wtf happened to you lol, you just completely disappeared. Nobody fights us as is... it's disgraceful really, the guild with Dragod/Held/Sneaky ect split in half, so now they're totally **** and can't kill us (they even allied to fight our harrower when we were all on spawnbots and they got destroyed). Apparently some people from atlantic are xferring over to try spawn but I doubt they'll even be a presence (maybe just annoy hero).

i give you credit for being the best in TC, but thats like being the best at the special olympics. admittedly, av always seemed to be a good, and fast decision-maker, but thast about it.
Nah he wasn't, Hata and Eraser were better than him (despite both being pieces of ****).

for those that dont know the char - necro/mage before they were popular - or even useful haha - with 0 wep skill
That char was terrible.

I

iddqd

got really busy/stressed with finishing thesis and working two jobs, then a bunch of rl mates convinced me to try out wow, so ive been playing that. their pve is excellent and quest structures are (as of latest exp) inspired, but pve is, well... pve.

also, i didnt feel there was any real competition for pvp, it seemed everyone was all split up into little groups, and without trolling anyone, the SSO guys really dont stand a remote chance of losing against anything less than 3-1 odds.

i dont like being a bully ALL the time.

sometimes is ok.

I

iddqd

hata was terrible. i destroyed him with even more ease than morry, and he had heaps better gear and a faster conn (faster than anyone ive seen - legitimate speed tho, i dont think he hacked). didnt really fight that much against eraser. if thats obi, i got him in sub 50-fire-res lrc suit (with similar hci/dci etc stats) once - AFTER i let him dump on me.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
then a bunch of rl mates convinced me to try out wow, so ive been playing that. their pve is excellent and quest structures are (as of latest exp) inspired, but pve is, well... pve.
I find nothing more boring than talking to one NPC and accepting some thing that tells you to "go kill 20 deer and loot their horns" then the deer having like a 1/100 chance of it dropping and finally when you do finish the quest 4 more identical ones pop up telling you to kill the same thing except for the eyes.

Don't get me started on WoW's raiding though... I feel dirty thinking about it.

I

iddqd

actually, their quest systems are GREATLY improved from that dull format (i tried out vanilla wow and quit by level 46 because of the very formula you put down there). the questlines were engaging, and interaction with NPCs and the terrain itself changes depending on the quests you do, giving a much greater sense of agency (or having ones actions actually mean something). they did a lot of work with latest exp pack and it was largely good work, as far as pve content is concerned - they are going for a more mainstream audience and they are doing it well.

on the whole, ive enjoyed raiding, though it took me about 4 weeks of play (at max lvl, of course) to top pretty much much every raid ive been on for DPS - as i said, pve is... pve, its not hard.

i was hoping the pvp would be better than it is, even though i know a level/class based format is deeply flawed, but it is in fact worse than i had imagined, the dev team at blizzard responsible for pvp should ALL be fired, they are terrible at their jobs.

UO still has the best pvp mechanics of any MMO ive played/tried.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was hoping the pvp would be better than it is, even though i know a level/class based format is deeply flawed, but it is in fact worse than i had imagined, the dev team at blizzard responsible for pvp should ALL be fired, they are terrible at their jobs.
Of course the PvP is stuffed, why do you think everybody pays out WoW for it's pvp? It's basically a glorified monster bash game.

WoW's pvp (using classes as an example):

Rock (Warrior) > Scissors (Rogue)
Scissors (Rogue) > Paper (Mage)
Paper (Mage) > Rock (Warrior)

NUCLEAR BOMB (warlock) > all

That was how it was when I left anyway.

I

iddqd

warlocks are a joke now.

beyond the typical rock-scissors-paper dynamic which is at the heart of wow's problems, the real issue ive found is jsut the simple play method. its all just pre-emptive mashing of ones abilities, with no regard for tactics or timing or anticipation

sort of like a UO dexer - except EVERYONE is a dexer, and some have bushido crits, while others have wrestling.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
beyond the typical rock-scissors-paper dynamic which is at the heart of wow's problems, the real issue ive found is jsut the simple play method. its all just pre-emptive mashing of ones abilities, with no regard for tactics or timing or anticipation
Yeah I agree, the funny thing is I was having this debate with a WoW *** about how skilless there pvp is (OH BUT BATTLEGROUPS ARE SUCH HIGH COMPETITION) and he tried to tell me that no other game has a move like "silence" or counterspell or whatever it's called in WoW, which people have to time.

Another problem of WoW is its population of 10 year olds.

I

iddqd

haha, counterspell, when talented can be cast PREEMPTIVELY to apply its silence effect, meaning mages can just mash out their cast sequence (or even macro it ffs).

there is no skill in wow pvp, other than to select the current overpowered class/spec.

currently its ret paladins, rogues(as always), arcane mages and the new class, death knights - all for the same reason - incredible amounts of insane damage and multiple abilities that stun or otherwise remove a players ability to control their char.

UO mages have to watch what the other is casting and adjust their casts based on that. anyone who has duelled cookie will understand how much skill is involved in this, as he simply denies you any time to cast a significant spell, whilst somehow managing to get spells off himself.

anyone who has been able to beat him, or at least last a while will know the difference between him beating you and someone managing to luck out a win with a bleed+poison that just happens to be timed so the damage each does alternates to prevent casting, rendering you unable to do anything but die.

its a shame the community is all but dead. i think if they never made tram (or at least great diminished its size) this game would be doing a lot more business, it really does have the best mechanics.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO mages have to watch what the other is casting and adjust their casts based on that. anyone who has duelled cookie will understand how much skill is involved in this, as he simply denies you any time to cast a significant spell, whilst somehow managing to get spells off himself.

anyone who has been able to beat him, or at least last a while will know the difference between him beating you and someone managing to luck out a win with a bleed+poison that just happens to be timed so the damage each does alternates to prevent casting, rendering you unable to do anything but die.
yeah I dunno how he does it, he's killed me with harm spam (from about 3/4 life) while i was poisoned trying to cast normal cure... I even weakened his harm then tried curing and he still managed to disrupt it. And he does his IPY's perfectly, but yeah the only way I could beat him is if I hit him heaps.

I

iddqd

when i was at my own personal peak of pvp-ability i could get him maybe 1 in 10. at best. And my own personal strong point was healing. at that time i was finding myself able to heal through pretty much anything, but not the weakens and harm interrupts that just seemed to get every spell longer than an IPY.

Yay for the cookie appreciation society.

K

kiwi

LOL dal,

and so u don't feel left out lil roleplaying Pettles

LOL

ur histroy was rather flawed.. i remember during the evasion and WOD /AI archer phase av had about 200ms ping.. as did i

Even funnier when Dal took 2 hours dueling me to win what hmm by 2? and i was 150ms :p

never dueled me again after that lolol, but got spanked numerous times on field.. Quit. and then lived on gimp template for the remainder of his subscription time :p

Ur pathetic Dal, unfortunately u'll have noone to hate on, as i enjoy playing once maybe every two weeks, at which point i can annoy anyone i like, But u cannot hate me, because i love you. Love overwhelms everything.

L

LordHammer

lol @ av (buster on av's strat account). that list pet made is 100% spot on. hell i even got you a couple times just after 4fc nerf on dal (for those that dont know the char - necro/mage before they were popular - or even useful haha - with 0 wep skill) in duels. seriously, LOL @ THAT.

I cant be bothered telling everyone how good i am again ... But i know one thing for sure that is i owned every single of you when i played few years back ! LOL !

So cookie is the best among the minions now ? guess the pvp standard in Oceania has drop again ... ( sigh) ...

If i remembered correctly , he got whoop 9-0 dueling at my house ! OH WAIT , i know wat excuses you guys have :

1) overpowered template (but but but that wasnt 4fc period anymore)
2) i was 45/45 hci dci ( cookie was around 45/35 at that time , oh well wat can i say )
3) all connection and no skill ( i hear that since 1998 )

I dont even think cookie will deny it unlike the rest of the minions ...

Why not a suggestion ? Just admit i have an overpowered pvp ability . Thx !

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant be bothered telling everyone how good i am again ... But i know one thing for sure that is i owned every single of you when i played few years back ! LOL !

So cookie is the best among the minions now ? guess the pvp standard in Oceania has drop again ... ( sigh) ...

If i remembered correctly , he got whoop 9-0 dueling at my house ! OH WAIT , i know wat excuses you guys have :

1) overpowered template (but but but that wasnt 4fc period anymore)
2) i was 45/45 hci dci ( cookie was around 45/35 at that time , oh well wat can i say )
3) all connection and no skill ( i hear that since 1998 )

I dont even think cookie will deny it unlike the rest of the minions ...

Why not a suggestion ? Just admit i have an overpowered pvp ability . Thx !

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !
The only thing overpowered here is your ego. I was just getting into back into uo when you left. And all I remember is you running overpowered templates. Come back to the game with a NORMAL template and see how long u last against most. I personally dont think very long at all.

I

iddqd

hahaha buster, you still cling to your 2 wins out of 10 like its some victory. you know damn well your ping was jsut fine by the way - you were jsut as fast as me and you know it (just like 'morry' duelling corn, you guys just cant help yourselves), thats why YOU asked ME to duel, you had decent ping and felt you had a chance - LOL. those 2 wins you got (which, were the most out of ANY of your guildies by the way - gratz) were due only to getting lucky enough for bleed and poison to alternate their damage. RNG ftw.

i owned you as easily as i owned your entire guild, and you all know it.

i asked for MONTHS for any of you to duel me with no takers, then after youd all practiced and practiced to get ready for big, bad dal you all still got destroyed with absolute ease.

the really funny bit is, at that time i was 4th best in guild behind rons and cook.

youre a joke.

but youre fun to forum pvp with.

I

iddqd

and the score was 8-2, buster, and the fights went for about 12 mins before i got bored, i mean i think i even got you with 100% health left a couple times. keep the lies up matey, maybe theyll make you feel better.

morry was around 20-2 (10-1 on two occasions) and hata was 8-1. the rest of your guildies were too horrible to even bother. it would have been like the training i used to give people new to mages - stop before i killed them so as not to take their insurance gp.

you were (and im sure still are) a terrible pvper, you almost never cross-healed and you blamed connection ALL the time, when it was clear when you were actually lagged or not.

id rate av as a good pvper, but he never actually played without using the mistakes the dev team has made over the years (4fc, evasion, WoD, dismount tamer etc).

lol @ u. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

L

LordHammer

id rate av as a good pvper, but he never actually played without using the mistakes the dev team has made over the years (4fc, evasion, WoD, dismount tamer etc).

lol @ u. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Dal , You are only half right on that statement ! The good pvper part of course ! lol !

i really only pvped ( owned you all so badly period ) when i was still studying in australia !

Actually I was already back in Singapore since then (evasion wod tamer etc ) .

I still remembered how excited u guys were everytime you got a kill on my Red Archer !

LOL @ ALL OF YOU FOR BEING CRAP AT PVP !

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still remembered how excited u guys were everytime you got a kill on my Red Archer !
I still remember how excited you got when you ganked ron 4v1 with a hiyru dismount, then told everybody to run off and you stood over the corpse with the journal scrolled up to the kill blow and claimed to kill him 1v1.

Or the time when you said you'd duel him but were waiting for morri to give you your cleaver back or some lame excuse then never showed up.

I also remember that time when you fought somebody 1v1... oh wait no I don't because you never have. It's just a classic "-panic" spam as soon as you see somebody.

K

kiwi

haha dal, lets get the facts straight, i was laggy for 4 months either side of when we dueled.. suddenly i got good ping just as u finally agreed?

We were laughing so hard as u tried in vain to kill me haha

oh and lets go gimp templates

Av: evasion, WoD...
hmm

OPK (i am meaning all members) : WoD Archers, Bushido Lightening Strike archers.. uncapped AI stealth archers.. (how many of those did u guys have? i remember the only time Rons got off them was when there was 6 others there.. and the stealth AI archers, u only got off if u had 2x numbers.. i remember i pvp'd on my nerco bard spawner for 2 weeks to wither u out of hiding.. )
Evasion Mage
Necro Mage.. (both rons.. and PETTTTTTLESSSS)
Necro/nox dexters...

I think both Pettles and Dal have had many more overpowered chars, but none pwned so hard as Avengers, and he was lagged through bush mage and wod archers..
ROFL

Got talent?

K

kiwi

oh and now ur using getting ganked by TC while fighting someone 1v1 bad? i can't remember the last time i've got either ron 1v1 or u for that matter pettles.. always get interrupted within 10 seconds hah weee cry

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh and now ur using getting ganked by TC while fighting someone 1v1 bad? i can't remember the last time i've got either ron 1v1 or u for that matter pettles.. always get interrupted within 10 seconds hah weee cry
Are you ****ing kidding me? Do you have the memory of a fish?

How about despise like 3 weeks ago, I went to fight you on my mage vs yours, I bled you and you LEFT. Then you said to me on icq "i'm smart i run from bleed you don't your dumb". You are the epitome of deluded coward. Oh not to mention I killed you on my dexxer like 4 days ago while I had wishes and held on me.

R

RichDC

Im not on your shard, but i love reading all these PvP threads.

Can we see some pics though i love them, keeps me entertained at work.

R

RichDC

Does amuse me how everyone seems to hate you,

I keep thinking jealousy but i have no evidence to make this assumption.

R

RichDC

I just read through some of the original posts in this thread,

I take back what i said about being jealous, just by reading the threads i understand why you all dislike him.

I wont post anymore as im not a PvPer from this shard (not a good PvPer on any shard :p) but i still would like to see pics!!!

O

Obi Wan

We all know Pet cant pvp . Some things are better left unsaid !

You will hurt his feelings !
LOLOL !!

AV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EVERYONE !! LOL OPK ARE BIGGEST NOOBS !!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LOL

OPK IS " OCEANIA PINK KOWARDS" LOL !!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!

I

ihatetram

yeah you beat me like 9-1 but don't try and make out i had 45/35 haha.. i would be lucky to even had 10/10. soon as i did get better items you refused to fight me. you even lost to drizzt and i beat him like what 20-0?

your items that you had 2 years ago are still nuts compared to todays standards and that's saying something after all the duping etc.

hata, eraser and probably even buster were better then you were.

D

Dain

RichDC

I will give you a lowdown of like the past 7 years of Oceania.

There are two sides.

OPK/SSO/FACT/

and

TC/KoV/WAN/GAN

They're all practically just different names for the same guilds over a period of time.

The TC alliance has consisted of, mainly members such as; Avender/LordHammer, Morrigan, Obi Wan, Hatasan/USHER, Buster.

The OPK alliance has consisted of, Unemployed Morri, Unemployed USHER, Cookie/Ron, Drac, Heronimus, Petrify, Gobble, ParanoiD/Whiplash, Francis *giggles*

There's been a continued feud between the two sides since like the beginning of PvP on Oceania.

Through the various stages of UO, one or the other has tried to claim supremacy.

Due to things like numbers, current templates, connection speed and gameplay tactics the balance has tipped in both directions many times.

In summary, I would say that the original OPK would have dominated more then TC in the PvP Skill/ability area but TC would have dominated more in general dominance.

..During their existence

I'm going to get flamed for this big time; but this is my observation as an unbiased PvPer here for the last 8-9 years.

K

kiwi

Are you ****ing kidding me? Do you have the memory of a fish?

How about despise like 3 weeks ago, I went to fight you on my mage vs yours, I bled you and you LEFT. Then you said to me on icq "i'm smart i run from bleed you don't your dumb". You are the epitome of deluded coward. Oh not to mention I killed you on my dexxer like 4 days ago while I had wishes and held on me.
AHHAHAHHHHA i haven't logged into oceania for hmm atleast a week, but whenever i did, i chased heronimus for 40 minutes until he got me blocked by spiders/terrain and withered me ^o^

and hmm u kiling me on ur Dexter? 4 days ago. nope sorry i was sailing!

ROFL

but reminds me

OPK OVERPOWERED TEMPLATE : CONCUSSSSSSSSS

AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

cry more about av's skill? u prove ur own points.

and Obi i love u

K

kiwi

RichDC

Due to things like numbers, current templates, connection speed and gameplay tactics the balance has tipped in both directions many times.

In summary, I would say that the original OPK would have dominated more then TC in the PvP Skill/ability area but TC would have dominated more in general dominance.

..During their existence
Lol the only time we didn't dominate was due to those things.. (stealth AI etc and connection of half the guild, due to being overseas)

the funny thing was, we always got most Of OPK to quit UO, atleast twice a year.. i remember i had to sell UOgold to a few members thats how little spawns they got.

my favourite was a certain current poster asking me could i supply him 1million just for regents for $10 au :p

the funny part is the price was $10 US at the time, and he cuioldn't afford it

i thought sneaky might like that...

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AHHAHAHHHHA i haven't logged into oceania for hmm atleast a week, but whenever i did, i chased heronimus for 40 minutes until he got me blocked by spiders/terrain and withered me ^o^
And what relevance does that have with you running from a BLEED and leaving?

Oh and that story about Hero doesn't really add up because if he withered you to death, the spiders would have died too... allowing you to run free... Hero is one of our worst members and he's still way better than you.

K

kiwi

wrong again pettles, when the entire bridge etc is filled with spiders, they keep coming in, anyways even hero knows he gets pwned by me, which is why he leaves his spawns and runs away :D

and pettles, me running after u bled me? umm u forget Hello Kitty was there to.. or another noob minion, oh wait can't be him, because ur SSO and u don't pvp with others! ROFLMAO

run back to ur cannon fodder :D and hello kitty has more chance of killing me than u do...

oh and stop avoiding the point, u said AV owned only with overpowered templates.. you've had all of his templates + more, and u never left the impression on the shard which Av did.. Except for your Oceanias baby .. WAHHHHH

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lets talk facts, not fairytales?

Cookie killed u for being stupid lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.