• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Drops for the new encounter.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice, maybe its just us unlucky it took about 10 runs before having a single drop, but then after we had good drops even a run with two drops, always the 4 of us.
Edit: ah yes I remember the first 8-10 runs we didnt had luck suits, didnt know that luck affected drops, but then when we started weariung our luck suits id say the drops started about 8 drops in 10 runs as you say 80%.

Ps: any officer journal drop yet or Boyd Kirkpatrick ? :D

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the testing I've done it seems to make a difference, but there's no official word on it so I have no idea :(

All i know is I just got my 5th artie out of about 10 kills

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ps: any officer journal drop yet or Boyd Kirkpatrick ? :D
nah, none of those two items yet, we have gotten (between me and Sibble) 4 Captian Johne's Blades, 3 Equivications, and 1 Adhorrence. out of about 10-maybe 12 runs.. we just finished one up about 20 minutes ago, two people from another guild received Captian Johne's Blade, and an Equivication, so that was the first run with two drops on LS that I've seen =D.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let me guess:
Officer journal: a bane spellbook with mods
KirkPatrick : an ubber shield maybe, or another bane weapon but with good mods , lol.
=D

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not sure if putting the luck before death will really give the luck added, hard to test tho. I farm this boss with 3 others chars, us 4 clear it in about 12min but two of us have heavy luck suit during whole fight, so far we got about 8 drops in almost 20 runs. And we dont have warriors we doing it with crabs, and bards. One tamer is myst, the other tamer is necro with wither

It does, it's been mentioned before, I've been doing it for years, switching to a luck suit just before something dies works. It looks at your luck at the time of the creatures death.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the bards 4x120?

We did the shadowlord the other night with 1 tank, 1 bard (me- 4x120 playing peace songs) and like 6 others casting heal on the tank. Summons and pets seem like a very bad idea, as probably is archery.

Not to sound too negative... but, another Cora fight... really? If you want to start making raid type mobs, then you have to let the other classes play as well. Archers, spell casters, tamers, ect....

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Covenant and I have been farming this boss now and I think we got it down pretty smooth now :) It's usually just the two of us (2 bards, 1 sampire, 1 whammie) and it will take us 8-10m.

Here's our latest kill, fight lasted 7 minutes. I died at the end when I switched to my luck suit, but it was the only death. We usually do this encounter with 0 deaths.

EDIT: I hate how youtube reduces the quality of streams, check this out to view it clearly:
http://www.twitch.tv/sibble_us/c/2950464

I hover over my weapon so you can see what I'm using.

I love your set up (client).

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ty sir, the bard running peace songs is 4x120 one running provo was 3x120

And honestly I think Cora was harder just because of the fire breath.

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ty sir, the bard running peace songs is 4x120 one running provo was 3x120

And honestly I think Cora was harder just because of the fire breath.

I have 2 bards, on separate accounts that are 4x120... I may try to dual them next run.

The breath was annoying... for me the biggest challenge was when she started walking around (endless clicking on her health bar there) or the idiots who kept screwing up the set up.

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's funny but I agree with Covenant's comment last night about that axe... "It should have +100 Lumberjacking"

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Let me guess:
Officer journal: a bane spellbook with mods
KirkPatrick : an ubber shield maybe, or another bane weapon but with good mods , lol.
=D
Yeah, I am interested to see what the journal is for sure. Hope you are on the right track here.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe not +100 but I could see +60 easily. +100 would be like : heres a free gm skill.
Maybe if it had SSI or something, to make it somewhat useful for anything other than a LJer that typically wouldn't be killing things with it anyway.

Still no journal or kirkpatrick drops yet....

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Side note, I've gotten a pack drop each time for the past 5 attempts with 3610 luck.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Past 2 drops have been poison elemental slayers, which do poison damage....

GG

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me solve the Mystery on Officers Journal Boyd Kirkpatrick. :)

When i wrote the report from TC1 I noticed that the Officers Journal Boyd Kirkpatrick had the same text as the first part Captain's Journal Johne. So i reported that and they repatched the Officers Journal from Boyd Kirkpatrick with the right text. And they did :D

Can read them all in Exploring the Deep part 4 :)

So thats not a reward from the Shadowlord. ;)

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ahhh... glad another mystery is solved. Won't say I am not sad about the result, was hoping for a nice deco drop from him chronicling the tale or a spell book.

The Real John

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me solve the Mystery on Officers Journal Kirk Patrick. :)

When i wrote the report from TC1 I noticed that the Officers Journal Boydkirk Patrick had the same text as the first part Captain's Journal Johne. So i reported that and they repatched the Officers Journal from Boyd Kirkpatrick with the right text. And they did :D

Can read them all in Exploring the Deep part 4 :)

So thats not a reward from the Shadowlord. ;)
So your saying there is no point in killing the Shadowlord all the drops suck have a nice day guys? Besides crabs *snickers*

I think out of all the story arc events boss encounters this one makes me a sad panda.

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh... glad another mystery is solved. Won't say I am not sad about the result, was hoping for a nice deco drop from him chronicling the tale or a spell book.

I know but i might be one of the few who saw and read the mistake on the Journal. So its best i tell it how it is. :)

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So your saying there is no point in killing the Shadowlord all the drops suck have a nice day guys? Besides crabs *snickers*

I think out of all the story arc events boss encounters this one makes me a sad panda.

What sucks and what not is just a matter of view. I gladly accept any of the weapons from anyone for free. My mailboxes on Drachenfels are always open to receive these terrible items from anyone. :D

The Real John

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What sucks and what not is just a matter of view. I gladly accept any of the weapons from anyone for free. My mailboxes on Drachenfels are always open to receive these terrible items from anyone. :D
If you put up a mailbox on catskills I would be more than happy to help you out with bad items all day long. :D There not even worth transferring them to drach to toss away. :(
But I do have to say the keying and the questing was a lot of fun but would have been nice to see something worth using from the whole thing.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will cry if we've already seen all the pack drops off this boss.... but still hopeful for future acts of this plot line.

EDIT: I take that back I want me some captain johne's air ele slayer, i farm unbounds all day.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will cry if we've already seen all the pack drops off this boss.... but still hopeful for future acts of this plot line.

EDIT: I take that make I want me some captain johne's air ele slayer, i farm unbounds all day.
Me too

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Event recap for me....

YAY! I get to throw anchors!!!!
Oh god where do I go?
Oh man I have been running around brit for a hour and can't find the tinker.
I'm going to wait for my husband to get home and mootch off his investigating...
YAY HES HOME!
Mootch mootch mootch
Are we done yet?
Mootch mootch mootch
YAY WE HAVE ALL THE ITEMS!
OH LOOK I'M JESUS!
OMG THAT BOAT IN THE WATER IS AMAZING!
Where the heck?
OH GOD Crabs are attacking me!
My husband laughs hysterically at me.
What do we do??
Mootch mootch mootch
Oh wow there's the boss!
Death a bajillion times
YAY we killed it!
Oh look a item I can't use..
Oh look another item I can't use..
OH MAN THERE WERE STEALABLES?!?!?!
Oh look they are all gone already...
Oh he dropped another item I can't use.
Oh man I can't use any of the items =(
*pouts*

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Event recap for me....

YAY! I get to throw anchors!!!!
Oh god where do I go?
Oh man I have been running around brit for a hour and can't find the tinker.
I'm going to wait for my husband to get home and mootch off his investigating...
YAY HES HOME!
Mootch mootch mootch
Are we done yet?
Mootch mootch mootch
YAY WE HAVE ALL THE ITEMS!
OH LOOK I'M JESUS!
OMG THAT BOAT IN THE WATER IS AMAZING!
Where the heck?
OH GOD Crabs are attacking me!
My husband laughs hysterically at me.
What do we do??
Mootch mootch mootch
Oh wow there's the boss!
Death a bajillion times
YAY we killed it!
Oh look a item I can't use..
Oh look another item I can't use..
OH MAN THERE WERE STEALABLES?!?!?!
Oh look they are all gone already...
Oh he dropped another item I can't use.
Oh man I can't use any of the items =(
*pouts*
OMG TAKE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My mailbox too. Every drop welcome - I can give 16th anny-cards in return :p

By the way: Killed this monster 4 times (Exodus is sooo much easier) and got NO drop with 2400 luck.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgot one thing: The quest is really cool. Takes a bit time, but shows that the Devs invested much work and still believe in this game. If we complain about the length of the quest or the quality of the drops, we should always think of the doomsday-atmosphere that dominated this forum in the last months. The new arc, the clean-up add-ons and the gifts document three things:

UO IS STILL ALIVE
THERE IS STILL A DEV-TEAM WORKING INTENSIVELY ON UO AND LISTENING TO THE PLAYER BASE
WE HAVE STILL PLENTY THINGS TO DO INGAME AND WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE A BORE-OUT

:party:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My mailbox too. Every drop welcome - I can give 16th anny-cards in return :p

By the way: Killed this monster 4 times (Exodus is sooo much easier) and got NO drop with 2400 luck.

We will keep trying :)

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

EDIT: I take that back I want me some captain johne's air ele slayer, i farm unbounds all day.

With no mana leech , whats the point ? And it would be only good for the last 1/10th of its hp, really no point in having these bane weapons. IM done with the shadowlords ----> next !

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With no mana leech , whats the point ? And it would be only good for the last 1/10th of its hp, really no point in having these bane weapons. IM done with the shadowlords ----> next !

Ya I was thinking of that after I made the post =( Honestly after reading how the dmg is calculated in your other post, I'm not really happy with bane. I don't get why they won't put in some usable artifacts, do they think it would be too OP or something? This Shadowlord is going to start collecting dust along with Cora.

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya I was thinking of that after I made the post =( Honestly after reading how the dmg is calculated in your other post, I'm not really happy with bane. I don't get why they won't put in some usable artifacts, do they think it would be too OP or something? This Shadowlord is going to start collecting dust along with Cora.
Yeah, seeing that Bane still takes into account their resist... that's pretty lame.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Agree here too, who is going to give up doing specials- especially when it looks like Armor Ignore is better all around. It isn't a proc and you can chain it.

Bane, after the new coolness factor has worn off looks pretty damn near useless.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol the golden fishing pole would be actually more worth to farm than the drops of the boss, irony at its best, sold one yesterday for 65m, and I know alot more would buy one for 40m-60m

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol the golden fishing pole would be actually more worth to farm than the drops of the boss, irony at its best, sold one yesterday for 65m, and I know alot more would buy one for 40m-60m
Yeah but good grief, how hard is it to get? That may be the reason it sells for that much, just sayin'. I still have yet to see a decent picture of the thing, let alone get one.

Last edited:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Forgot one thing: The quest is really cool. Takes a bit time, but shows that the Devs invested much work and still believe in this game. If we complain about the length of the quest or the quality of the drops, we should always think of the doomsday-atmosphere that dominated this forum in the last months. The new arc, the clean-up add-ons and the gifts document three things:

UO IS STILL ALIVE
THERE IS STILL A DEV-TEAM WORKING INTENSIVELY ON UO AND LISTENING TO THE PLAYER BASE
WE HAVE STILL PLENTY THINGS TO DO INGAME AND WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE A BORE-OUT

:party:
I for one greatly appreciate the work they have done and continue to do. The quest chain is fun, the new area is a blast, the new Designs are simply amazing!!
Please do not read my post as a doom and gloom post. I prefer to consider myself to be a realist. And even though everything about this story arch so far is completely awesome, it doesn't change the fact that the encounter is difficult and it doesn't drop anything I (or most people so far) need.

Now I already hear all the people who seem to think that's a greedy way of seeing it furiously typing. But my game time is somewhat limited recently, and when I do have time to play I tend to do activities where I will gain something I need to advance myself in the game. Its not greed, its playing the game and moving forward.

Now all though this event chain and encounter is awesome, I for one can't see the point in facing the encounter again unless I decide to help some friends be able to see what its all about. (Looking at you Flutter =) ) And honestly I am pretty upset about that. I like to think of our Dev's as great people with many great designs.. But perhaps once in a while its a good thing to give them constructive criticism. That is a far cry from coming on the forums everyday crying about everything. Its stating a fact that is disgruntling to MOST of us, and perhaps it can be fixed, looked in to, or changed, for the next event. Its not being greedy or selfish, its helping them improve the game we all know and love.

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I prefer to consider myself to be a realist. And even though everything about this story arch so far is completely awesome, it doesn't change the fact that the encounter is difficult and it doesn't drop anything I (or most people so far) need.
We appreciate constructive criticism, and certainly welcome it. I'm really glad you enjoyed the quest as much as we've enjoyed building it and can't wait to release the next parts as well!

Understanding that this question is going to get answered differently by anyone potentially asked, I'll go ahead anyway - what is it that you "need"? Not promising that responses are going to become a reality, but there's nothing wrong with a little wishful thinking :)

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We appreciate constructive criticism, and certainly welcome it. I'm really glad you enjoyed the quest as much as we've enjoyed building it and can't wait to release the next parts as well!

Understanding that this question is going to get answered differently by anyone potentially asked, I'll go ahead anyway - what is it that you "need"? Not promising that responses are going to become a reality, but there's nothing wrong with a little wishful thinking :)
All I need atm is to know if I'm wasting time detecting these marble boxes down here?!? So far all we have seen is a few gems and some gold come out of them... can we hope for something a little more appealing or were these not intended?

The Real John

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I need something that can be used. :p Heck I would have smiled with a sash with 20 luck. But as for the weapons I think it would have been nice to see them have a chance to only drop with bane on it or even random property's(even if its 1 in 1000 chance). Reforging , Imbuing , Shame loot seem to be a double edge sword for you guys because now artifacts seem to just not cut it like they used to. Also why is the Shadowlords loot 50% new shame style and 50% old crappy items?

As for the encounter it was really alot of fun. Just sad to see all that work put into it and as it stands now there is no real point in going back.