• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Drops for the new encounter.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far most posts about drop suggestions have been for armor and weapon artifacts and deco items. May I suggest another category? It would be an artifact drop that addresses other areas of the game. For example, a series of footwear. One item could be "Treasure Hunting Boots" that increase the detection range when digging for chests (like having mining skill). Another might be "Sneaky sandals" that would enable the bearer to resist to some extent passive reveal. Or perhaps a pair that resists poisonous bites from snakes. Such items would be coveted, yet not overly powerful.

A personal preference for all items..... Please keep drops RARE. Just look at the minor artifact mess. Just a bunch of useless junk that is only worth 100 turn in points.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other ideas:

Items with 600 imbuing cap.
Drop worth like 10k or 20k turn in points.
Items with mods, but have room to be imbued further
Set of artifacts, which when used is actually USEFUL (see Jewelry sets)

The drops, if you want them actually used either need to be just below imbue level power or (imo) slightly more powerful that what you can imbue.

Here's an idea, make a creature whose healing rate goes up as their hit points decrease and using something like mortal strike is almost a necessity in order to kill it.

I'll say it again.

Because specials are tied to mana, you have limited yourself to weapons that supplement mana production or provide effects that are better than/as good as the specials.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What Frac said.
I have 1400 luck, dropped over 1300 of those and got nothing so far.
But I have finished the first part of the quest, and therefor I don't get the salvage wrecks anymore, and I suspect these two might be tied, as there is no message right before the monsters spawn after I drop the hook.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What Frac said.
I have 1400 luck, dropped over 1300 of those and got nothing so far.
But I have finished the first part of the quest, and therefor I don't get the salvage wrecks anymore, and I suspect these two might be tied, as there is no message right before the monsters spawn after I drop the hook.
Yes if I remember I got the fishing pole when I was doing the quest for the shipwrecks things, they might be tied as you said

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or I have a lot of bad luck or my 2800 luck suit is not working! More then 250 hooks yet and no golden fishing pole. Maybe I'm at the wrong location?
Is there a way to restart the whole quest ?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes if I remember I got the fishing pole when I was doing the quest for the shipwrecks things, they might be tied as you said
Message 56&57 of this thread...
So can a character who has completed the quest still throw hooks and pull up the fishing pole?
Now, I ain't saying it is working as it is designed to work, because folks are throwing a TON of hooks... only how it was intended to work is all...

Avenrose

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I actually though bane was a waste, but I feel different now, decided to try out captain johns blade against new boss and that thing rocks when HP is below 50% and bane hits, 120 swords and tactics 100 anatomy 150 str 100 DMG inc was hitting 125-150+ bane and 213-257 bane when readlined, but would be nice to see some blanks bane weps so I didn't have to imbue my captain johns blade :/

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I actually though bane was a waste, but I feel different now, decided to try out captain johns blade against new boss and that thing rocks when HP is below 50% and bane hits, 120 swords and tactics 100 anatomy 150 str 100 DMG inc was hitting 125-150+ bane and 213-257 bane when readlined, but would be nice to see some blanks bane weps so I didn't have to imbue my captain johns blade :/

Prob is Bane dont proc always, so an armor ignore would be better over time, specially that bane only working after half dead. Also no stam leech on the weapon make stamina more a problem. BUt I remember loring the new boss to see its résistances and I remember seeing like 70% physical resist, are you sure about your numbers ? Because at 70% phys resist, bane would do maximum 140 damage. Maybe if discorded its physical drop by (-14 or -28? ) I cant remember. But at -28 it would drop to 42% phys resist and bane in this case would do 200 damage which is close to what you said. BUt do the boss really drop to 42% phys resist? Im sceptical...

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Now, I ain't saying it is working as it is designed to work, because folks are throwing a TON of hooks... only how it was intended to work is all...
Aye. It would be nice if they could check if the functions are being called properly after one delivers a salvage piece to Hepler.
Given that I am not at over 1,500 salvage hooks, I'd like to know if it is working as intended before continuing. :p

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The only requirement is that you "be on the quest" which equates to having dbl clicked on Hepler. After that, may the odds be in your favor! :)

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only requirement is that you "be on the quest" which equates to having dbl clicked on Hepler. After that, may the odds be in your favor! :)
What about if you have completed the quest? YOu are not actually ''on the quest'' once you completed it , or are you?

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's ok too.
OK Thanks, can you tell us an odds chance to get one? Like for exemple
a blaze cu sidhe 1: 25,000
a moonstone jewel 1: 1000
a purple llama : 1: 1000
does the fishing pole is also 1 : 1000?

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Must....Keep......Trying.............

Good thing Captain Seoman is already drinking a lot of rum! ;)

The Predator

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've spent close to 2 million on hooks......still no pole.....and that's roughly 1,000 attempts.

Also, do people have instances where no monsters will pop after dropping a hook?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've spent close to 2 million on hooks......still no pole.....and that's roughly 1,000 attempts.

Also, do people have instances where no monsters will pop after dropping a hook?
I haven't seen a pole either (though I've used maybe 10-15 hooks), and no to the no monsters. I'm sure it's possible, but I've always gotten at least one.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Guessing it's about as Rare as Moonstone Jewels... how many of those do you have.... or maybe the pickaxe and shovels.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have thrown a lot of hooks. Seems I get no spawn maybe 1 or 2 out of 10. Still looking for the pole. ;)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like if you dont get the golden pole within 10 tries, you're one of those that will need 1000 tries , hehe

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Wonder how many colors they added.. hmmmm... maybe a glacial one? Kinda feel sorry for NuSair if there are more lol

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already got a white fishing pole too , Dyed white ;)

I still want the golden one. :)

Me too, Frarc, I made a gold one too, cause when I first read about this, I thought it was a fake, but since Kyronix chimed in, I guess it's real.
I still haven't seen a picture posted with the item properties showing though.

700 hooks, nada - character is still getting the quest boards, hasn't gone past this stage of the quest and he's a 120 fisherman with 980 luck before the luck statue.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me too, Frarc, I made a gold one too, cause when I first read about this, I thought it was a fake, but since Kyronix chimed in, I guess it's real.
I still haven't seen a picture posted with the item properties showing though.

700 hooks, nada - character is still getting the quest boards, hasn't gone past this stage of the quest and he's a 120 fisherman with 980 luck before the luck statue.

I might seem to spend a lot of gold to buy the hooks but with over 90 SoS bottles and 60 T-maps from them, i can get that all easely back. :)

My Quest Continues! :D

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can dye the fishing poles. Make one out of frostwood. It can be dyed with Tokuno dyes, perhaps other dyes. The photos are poles dyed with fire orange and luna white. I did not want to take a use from the full 50 use bottles to try invulnerable blue and paragon gold...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well to cut to the chase ....and fast...because that boss is a toughy even with half dozen folks......

is there any drop worth doing the boss for..i dont see anything special in this post so far....

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other than if you want bane weapons....I'd say no... but, if it was ME and I was designing a long story arc broken up like this, I'd make a bane weapon NECESSARY for the rest of the arc.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'd make a bane weapon NECESSARY for the rest of the arc.
Agreed, also with how the Devs seem to have done the majority of the "bosses" in this part of the arc I can only imagine they continued that pattern throughout the entire arc. While this end boss is difficult, it could teach the strategies and techniques to defeat the harder bosses in the next part of the arc. Kind of laying the ground work and getting folks used to working as a team so they stand a chance at taking on what is to come. *shrugs*... never know....

I am also holding out hope not all of the drops have been uncovered. I am still hoping for a deco drop from the dude too, although that is getting to be a slim possibility.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, also with how the Devs seem to have done the majority of the "bosses" in this part of the arc I can only imagine they continued that pattern throughout the entire arc. While this end boss is difficult, it could teach the strategies and techniques to defeat the harder bosses in the next part of the arc. Kind of laying the ground work and getting folks used to working as a team so they stand a chance at taking on what is to come. *shrugs*... never know....

I am also holding out hope not all of the drops have been uncovered. I am still hoping for a deco drop from the dude too, although that is getting to be a slim possibility.
Or they will read my post and change it so it is.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am going to try and get on later tonight and spend a good amount of time there tomorrow on Atlantic if you want to farm it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Works for me man. I should be around. Dying to that champ means nothing to me :D

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Remember this is only the first part of this arc and we are feverishly working on the next which I think will bring smiles to a great many faces....until then there are plenty of easter eggs to find :devil:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Remember this is only the first part of this arc and we are feverishly working on the next which I think will bring smiles to a great many faces....until then there are plenty of easter eggs to find :devil:
Dang it folks... say what you will about the Devs... but the communication out of the current ones is SUPERB imho... and I ain't the kiss butt type either. I seldom give praise...

*gets to hunting these Easter eggs*

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Anyone figured out how to get the mini bosses in the arc to spawn again once you have completed the quest? Trying to see if the Djinn drops a paragon chest like the Master Instructor did...

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone figured out how to get the mini bosses in the arc to spawn again once you have completed the quest? Trying to see if the Djinn drops a paragon chest like the Master Instructor did...
Stay in their area. Mercutio, the Orcish Engineer, and the Djinn should respawn right away. For the Obsidian Wyvern & Ice Wyrm, you have to approach a crystal.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmm... waited on Djinn for 30 minutes and he did not respawn earlier.... even ran back to see the Gypsy lady in the village and still didnt spawn. Guess I will try to use some patience. Thanks.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm... waited on Djinn for 30 minutes and he did not respawn earlier.... even ran back to see the Gypsy lady in the village and still didnt spawn. Guess I will try to use some patience. Thanks.
No idea. I'm pretty sure they all respawned on their own. For the Djinn, you may have to fiddle with that little bottle on the hammock.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldn't get Djinn to spawn on a character that has turned in the crystal for the bracelet but it was very easy to spawn him over and over with a new character on that part of the quest by moving in and out of the area...50+ Djinn and not a single paragon.