• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussion about new ideas for economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

<blockquote><hr>

I've told everyone on my radio show with Charmed Radio.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent idea! That might even be something worth posting on Luc's blog. Maybe in the "About" section? He may have forgotten how players communicate out-of-game through internet radio while playing the game. That could give him some ideas!

Also, there is an interesting new blog entry called Art.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm thinking we really shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

But if you wanna know why folks might post here instead of there...

P

Purple Tigerlily

<blockquote><hr>

Well why in the first place does luc have to log back in here? He specificaly setup the blog to communicate and do interacting there, that was the purpose of him creating it. Its better suited and easier for him to do it at his own place then here I would think. Why check in here when he told users to go there? Not his fault peeps won't listen..

[/ QUOTE ]

Give this man a cookie. I may be officially in love.

G

Tigger is no longer Maxis Tigger... so a "civilian" logging on is no big deal.. Im sure she checks up on things like a lot of us. You cant blame what happened to TSO on which community Rep we have here. Its all a matter of what info is given for them to pass along to the players and community. Tigger and Sahara (Parizad) both do/did their jobs. Tigger was the rep during an extremely busy time. She left and the job was taken over by an equally capable person. I think that its forgotten a lot that Parizad doesnt have the power/control that a lot of you all think she does. She is not a developer. She doesnt flick the switches to fix broken cities. She doesnt create content. She is the rep. She does pass on info from both sides. She does an awesome job and is rather cute!
Making a big deal of when Tigger signed on is silly.

N

NightFlyer

"..Mostly the later.." Did anyone else catch this? Could this be some indication of the 4th year anniversary gift? HMMMM Makes one wonder.

A

Audithus

I'm trying to get the word out about this blog, so more people will share their comments, I have submitted many games to a website called the Great Games Experiment, if any of you have been there before i have put the TSO-E feed on the TSO page, you can find it here http://www.greatgamesexperiment.com/game/tso

I'm hoping users who use the gge will run into this game, and give the trial a try, I have links pointing to the stratics page, and forum for TSO. Also with a link to Luc's blog.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm trying to get the word out about this blog, so more people will share their comments, I have submitted many games to a website called the Great Games Experiment, if any of you have been there before i have put the TSO-E feed on the TSO page, you can find it here http://www.greatgamesexperiment.com/game/tso

I'm hoping users who use the gge will run into this game, and give the trial a try, I have links pointing to the stratics page, and forum for TSO. Also with a link to Luc's blog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watching that TSO Commercial reminded me of the potential that EA once thought TSO could have. Too bad it's 4 years later and we are stuck with mostly the same items and only 4 angles to view a property at.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Cuz it divides the community even further. There should be one, and only one, official Maxis website for TSO.

Hard enough getting players to come here, now we gotta expect a segement of this segment to follow through and go to another site?

Most folks do not have that patience, and once again we will have a site full of "the players' opinions" that isn't even reperesentative of what folks on Stratics want, let alone what the run-of-the-mill player wants.

Whatever happened to good ol' fashioned surveys? They've got our demographic info on file with our account info, don't they?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my feeling on it too, for all the reasons you mentioned. I've been lurking on the blog just to see what was being talked about, and alot of it is just the same ideas we've kicked around for the last 2 years. Having a single thread here to re-present (since we've already stated our ideas over and over on the forum here) would have served the same purpose in my mind, and would have allowed for more comment since you have to register over there to comment on anything, which requires waiting for a password to be mailed to you which means you can't comment immediately, and very well could forget what you were gonna say in the first place if you have a swiss cheese memory like mine
. If the registration was automatic I wouldn't have so much of an issue with it, as long as registering for it would not send a bunch of spam to my e-mail.

The only other issue I have with it is the moderation factor, that any comment you make can be deleted if he and/or whoever he has moderating, doesn't like it, without any clear guidelines for what can and cannot be posted so you know ahead of time if you're posting something that is borderline even. At least here we have the ToS and the RoC to refer to if we're about to say something that we wonder whether or not will lead to action taken against us, so it's not nearly as subjective, though its still got room for interpretation I suppose, but not to the same degree.

G

Bingo, that's what I mean.

Concept of the blog: GREAT!

Actual execution of it: Meh, has some flaws...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I'm afraid the game we play today is too far corrupted to repair, improve or add content. I'd like to think the "luc blog" is the beginning of a whole new world. A world in which we have the opportunity to help create. "Think Big" should be the motto for the blog. Sure, not everyone will get their hopes and wishes but the more we can offer input the more new ideas will spring forward. The blog is to give input to Luc directly. I think we should come back here to disagree or agree on suggestions made in the blog rather than clutter it up nuisance posts.

S

SimoleanMan

A majority of the people in stratics no longer even play TSO so why should it matter to them where to go post with Luc and furthermore why should their opinions even count? They've abandoned the game. I don't care what input they have to say because they aren't even playing the game anymore.

Besdides that how frickin hard is it to click a simple link in your browser to go to the AHEM the *CORRECT* and proper web site, Lucs blog, and post about this as he has asked everyone to do, BUT YET you ALL STILL fail to listen its no wonder the game is in the state its in nobody ever listens, ;-p.

If its that difficult then you are just plain lazy.

G

I think we should all be dancing with joy that anyone even wants to take a stab at listening to us. All most of us have done for the last 2 years is pancake and complain that no one is listening and now that we finally get what we want then theres naturally complaining about that. Thats the patten here, as I've said in many posts. First we complain then we get results then we complain that the results werent to our liking. I ask again, why should they want to fix the game for a bunch of ungrateful jerks? Try counting your blessing instead of your curses now and then. Now lets all just play nice and do things Luc's way and maybe just maybe we will be heard and things will be as we want them.

Naturally this does not apply to everyone, there has always been some wonderful positive thinking posters here.

A

Audithus

<blockquote><hr>

I think we should all be dancing with joy that anyone even wants to take a stab at listening to us. All most of us have done for the last 2 years is pancake and complain that no one is listening and now that we finally get what we want then theres naturally complaining about that. Thats the patten here, as I've said in many posts. First we complain then we get results then we complain that the results werent to our liking. I ask again, why should they want to fix the game for a bunch of ungrateful jerks? Try counting your blessing instead of your curses now and then. Now lets all just play nice and do things Luc's way and maybe just maybe we will be heard and things will be as we want them.

Naturally this does not apply to everyone, there has always been some wonderful positive thinking posters here.

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY well said! I try to be optimistic, and I hope that others will try to be more optimistic as well, I know we have been neglected for so long, but now that we are being heard, and they are communicating with us much more than they ever have IMO, most people are just complaining, that they have to register somewhere else, click another link(omg had no idea it was so hard to surf the web /sarcasm off)

If I were a part of EA and Maxis I would be reluctant to release anything for all the ungrateful jerks that play this game.

Thanks to everyone else who is also being optimistic/positive

N

nobuttkisser

lets do the math and its BASIC math here...

no exploit + no cheaters * decreased AFKers = a better game for all Did I get it???

N

nobuttkisser

<blockquote><hr>

Started that in 1997 when we wanted to change what SimCity 3000 was back then. Did the sma eagain when we launched the Sims many month before we shipped. It is easier to manage than through the "official" web site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't take this the wrong way but this sounds like one of those early April Fools joke.... then again it may not....but with all of the unacted sugestions and then after the way too long missed fourth year anniversary gift ( a new first for the game) you can't help but have this question asked

G

A bit of skepticism is healthy....but if you use both your hands, to cover your ass, then you won't have one free to grab for the brass ring when it comes by.

C

Clay'

<blockquote><hr>

Tigger is no longer Maxis Tigger... so a "civilian" logging on is no big deal.. Im sure she checks up on things like a lot of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anna it was more saying that it was very interesting to that fact that maybe she was even curious to what Luc had to say.

<blockquote><hr>

You cant blame what happened to TSO on which community Rep we have here. Its all a matter of what info is given for them to pass along to the players and community. Tigger and Sahara (Parizad) both do/did their jobs. Tigger was the rep during an extremely busy time. She left and the job was taken over by an equally capable person. I think that its forgotten a lot that Parizad doesnt have the power/control that a lot of you all think she does. She is not a developer. She doesnt flick the switches to fix broken cities. She doesnt create content. She is the rep. She does pass on info from both sides. She does an awesome job and is rather cute!
Making a big deal of when Tigger signed on is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read my previous post, I said
-
But I do agree with that since Tigger departed things did decline and Parizad I enjoy you very much but I can not blame you but felt more sad that people demanded news when there was nothing for you to report. I believe Tigger was more involved then we know.

G

TSO2005 in another thread pointed out that Sanya said in the O*M*G* thread that Luc isn't working for TSO at this time....so someone explain to me again why we should be getting our hopes up that his blog will change anything?

Once again hopes and expectations deflated. I had a feeling something like this was gonna come out, but I'm still sorry for those that got excited about it
*sigh*

Z

Zexxy

<blockquote><hr>

TSO2005 in another thread pointed out that Sanya said in the O*M*G* thread that Luc isn't working for TSO at this time

[/ QUOTE ]

WoW........... Ea really did abandoned the game and left a skeleton crew.. well more like a femur. Is Luc brought on the boards to save the game or a couple jobs?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

All I know for sure is that Luc is listening to us. Today he has blogged one of our ideas about taxation as a way to stabilize the economy.

M

Meanie

Well he says he is. Remember he is the Manger of Maxis studios, or whatever they call them now. I think they are called EA redwood or something like that. This is the big guy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

All I know for sure is that Luc is listening to us. Today he has blogged one of our ideas about taxation as a way to stabilize the economy.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if he's not working on the TSO team then what kind of power does he have to make any of those ideas happen? Brainstorming is great but it's no different than what we've been doing for the last 2 years if nobody WITH POWER actually does anything about it. What I gathered from Sanya's comment was that Luc USED to work for TSO, and still does care what happens to it, but he's not working with TSO now in an official capacity, which puts us pretty much right back where we started from.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

But if he's not working on the TSO team then what kind of power does he have to make any of those ideas happen? Brainstorming is great but it's no different than what we've been doing for the last 2 years if nobody WITH POWER actually does anything about it. What I gathered from Sanya's comment was that Luc USED to work for TSO, and still does care what happens to it, but he's not working with TSO now in an official capacity, which puts us pretty much right back where we started from.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I gathered from Sanya and Parizad posts was that Luc is very very high up in the EA food chain and can do what he wants. For some reason, he has taken an interest in TSO again, and is actually involving himself in the community's discussion of what they'd like to see happen to the game.

I think if it came down to it he could use our input on this game or future games. Whether or not he chooses to is up to him and we would not be in any different a position than we are now. I'm actually surprised that anyone other than Parizad and Sanya realize we existed. I don't think we should let this opportunity slip away.

I think mainly EA Mythic stepped in to put us in check for our brushfire speculation.

I don't feel any more or less limited to the potential or possibilities than I felt prior to Parizad's and Sanya's comments. All their comments did was confirm exactly what essentially everyone who posts here thought at one point or another. I think that although these posts may not be what some want to hear, they are exactly what was asked for in all the "Please just be honest" posts.

When mass speculation happens and people build up great expectations in their minds no good can come of it.

Anybody who is disappointed should blame themselves.

G

<blockquote><hr>

When mass speculation happens and people build up great expectations in their minds no good can come of it.

Anybody who is disappointed should blame themselves

[/ QUOTE ]

That much I agree with which is why I took the cynical approach from the start. Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed, and anything good that happens is gravy. I just felt bad for those that did build their hopes back up and are now disappointed now that we have been told the truth, even though you're right, the truth is what we've been begging for all along and I'm not sorry we got it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What I gathered from Sanya and Parizad posts was that Luc is very very high up in the EA food chain and can do what he wants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else think that "Luc" is really Will Wright?

Do I win a prize for being the first person to say this?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What I gathered from Sanya and Parizad posts was that Luc is very very high up in the EA food chain and can do what he wants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else think that "Luc" is really Will Wright?

Do I win a prize for being the first person to say this?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What I gathered from Sanya and Parizad posts was that Luc is very very high up in the EA food chain and can do what he wants. For some reason, he has taken an interest in TSO again, and is actually involving himself in the community's discussion of what they'd like to see happen to the game.

I think if it came down to it he could use our input on this game or future games. Whether or not he chooses to is up to him and we would not be in any different a position than we are now. I'm actually surprised that anyone other than Parizad and Sanya realize we existed. I don't think we should let this opportunity slip away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said !

And no, Billy, they are listed separately in the TSO credits.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Im amazed that Luc has not awnsered any of our questions on his blog, and all he does is post new articals about our ideas. But how about awnsering our questions we leave him.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Im amazed that Luc has not awnsered any of our questions on his blog, and all he does is post new articals about our ideas. But how about awnsering our questions we leave him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not at all surprised. The intro said he was going to talk and ask the questions. I don't recall him saying anything about answering your questions.

S

Sonic Sharp

Maybe he can answer all the Maxis Sahara Q &amp; A threads that were ignored way back when.

G

Maybe he has better things to do...

edited to add:
Maybe you didn't see the posts Sanya and Parizad made yesterday which answered a lot of questions.

Maybe you should go look.

Thanks.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I started a blog a www.TSO-E.com do discuss some ideas about what we could change in The Sims Online. I welcome feedback on those ideas on the Blog. Thanks
Luc

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, i Just decided to read this post.

If you really really want to help TSO why have us go to YOUR Blog and put comments there.

Stratics IS the OFFICIAL TSO Forum, YOU Should Be Comming Here to get FEED BACK.

G

He already answered that...on the first page.

"Started that in 1997 when we wanted to change what SimCity 3000 was back then. Did the sma eagain when we launched the Sims many month before we shipped. It is easier to manage than through the "official" web site."

Z

Zexxy

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, i Just decided to read this post.

If you really really want to help TSO why have us go to YOUR Blog and put comments there.

Stratics IS the OFFICIAL TSO Forum, YOU Should Be Comming Here to get FEED BACK.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same misunderstanding of Luc's interest and even probably made a post on his blog that might of been more than he was asking for since he is not actually working with TsO but instead just an interested player/employee of Ea.

Luc is actually gathering info for his own research of TsO and players interest and demands for the FUTURE of the game. Our role is to simply make posts about particular topics he brings up and voice our interest and/or oppinions. He most likely will not respond but instead gather info and take another approach to the same question with our implimented ideas and get a majority impute. This could be used in a portfolio to approach the BIGGER WIGS to take interest again or develop another game later.

We still have our EA Reps here on this forum for all our normal talk about TsO who will respond to our questions.

Luc is a tool for us to be part of his research.. not our TsO Savior..... yet

V

VivieAnna

Hi everyone
Just adding my 2 cents here. I read a post by Milton somewhere and cant find it now to quote it, but he said something to the effect of "left hand over Luc *high*, right hand over EAMythic *low*. When I read that post is when I became a beliver in Luc. I think he DOES have the power to do anything he decides needs to be done, and he has made it known that he IS interested in us and in TSO. Sooo, my message to Luc is...Hi, welcome, and Thank You! I am excited about everything on your blog, and am looking forward to some changes and additions to our game, made possible by you. Thanks again!

I

imported_Mavric

I read this in Luc's Blog today;
<blockquote><hr>

Again, this work is targeted to a new city, I do not know yet if any of it will go to the current cities, some of the changes might be too big, and making partial changes will probably be too complex. We just do not know at this point, so please do not read this as a strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Luc is telling us straight foreward and honest answers.
The more I read what he writes the more I think he's here to help. Yay Luc.

G

Ok, now, I hate to be a nag, but as said in the O*M*G* thread, it's stated he's NOT on the TSO team, so, how can there be a new city with 1 programer and Mrs. not-Info-passer over here?

N

NightFlyer

You might want to check out the *OMG* thread and actually read it.

G

LOL I don't know what exactly what he means, but I am hoping we can sit on a bench at a picnic table.

K

krazykara

I thought he wanted input as to what we would like to see in the game. Think he was just giving an example as to how the sims work to sit in a chair and to get up.

G

I read it to mean that he wanted simple objects that did *not* aready exist in TSO that could be created with simple form already existing in the game.
Since I am not sure what forms he means, I just looked for items along the lines of what we have....but different.

The Japanese stone lantern...could be a variation of the Fairy Lantern, the umbrella a variation of the palm tree, etc. .....maybe.

Some of the others, are offline items that possibly have comparable base shapes in the online game.
And some were just reaching for a simple form.

G

And I have been asking for a picnic table since the very first July when they gave us BBQ grills. I just figured it can't hurt to add that to the list.

G

It was hard to find for me, because my page does not 'refresh' to the latest post.

So for anyone else having the same problem and wondering where the new post is...here is a direct link.

Or you can look under recent posts for 'custom objects'.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I'm still having trouble seeing the big picture. Today, I'm thinking he wants to know what we might create using different components from a chair. If the sit interaction is only tied to the seat part of a chair and not the legs or back, would you create a hovering chair? Or if the sit interaction is only tied to the back of the chair would you place it next to a flamingo so you can sit on a flamingo?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm still having trouble seeing the big picture. Today, I'm thinking he wants to know what we might create using different components from a chair. If the sit interaction is only tied to the seat part of a chair and not the legs or back, would you create a hovering chair? Or if the sit interaction is only tied to the back of the chair would you place it next to a flamingo so you can sit on a flamingo?

[/ QUOTE ]
Each time I read it I take it to mean something different.

At first I thought he was asking "where else can you sit?"

Then I thought he was asking "what other animation parts can we string together to create - or let you create - new ones?" That's what I was thinking when I made my response.

Now I'm back to not being sure.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Each time I read it I take it to mean something different.

At first I thought he was asking "where else can you sit?"

Then I thought he was asking "what other animation parts can we string together to create - or let you create - new ones?" That's what I was thinking when I made my response.

Now I'm back to not being sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah ha! Maybe all of the above is the correct answer. He wants us all to think outside the box and knows how to ask a question so that we all take it to mean something different! Afterall, the man is a genious!

Status
Not open for further replies.