• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussion about new ideas for economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luc

I started a blog a www.TSO-E.com do discuss some ideas about what we could change in The Sims Online. I welcome feedback on those ideas on the Blog. Thanks
Luc

S

Sidhe

Very interesting. But I'm a little confused about your bio. Do you still currently work for Maxis(EA), more importantly TSO?

Q

qtestpie

<center> <font color="purple">*cough cough*... sorry, gotta take back my comment because when Parizad rolls her eyes she KNOWS something is up. </center>
<font color="purple"> ....Gosh darnit.. now I have to redo my whole dang post because Parizad is messing with my head.. One minute you arent you and the next you are LOL.... Anywho, I think its great that we now have an "insider" so to speak. Its also wonderful that you play int he game and are willing to speak directly with the players. We may acutally all be able to collectively make a change. You can also help us with the techniquel aspects such as updates that may or may not be comming. Please give us you ideas and share your knowledge, we are all eager to know. </font>

L

Luc

Yes I work for EA. I am studying how we should think about the economy in TSO, so please go to the blog an dgive me feedback there. I will post everyday.
You can also see me in Alphaville under MaxisLuc

Q

qtestpie

<blockquote><hr>

You can also see me in Alphaville under MaxisLuc

[/ QUOTE ]

<center> <font color="purple"> Sorry, No one is there with that name (according to the search bar) </font> </center>

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

I started a blog a www.TSO-E.com do discuss some ideas about what we could change in The Sims Online. I welcome feedback on those ideas on the Blog. Thanks
Luc

[/ QUOTE ]

Too little too late.

G

<blockquote><hr>

OMG, it's really him. I'm raising my hand now!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I love our rep.

Ok, so Luc (If I may call you Luc)

I'm confused

L

Luc

I am in Alphaville in "deviant Pleasures" in a hot tub with softness at this moment, see you there.
&lt;left now&gt;

Q

qtestpie

<blockquote><hr>

I am in Alphaville in "deviant Pleasures" in a hot tub with softness at this moment, see you there.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO!!! TMI.. there are some things we just dont need to know about are TSO people.... and who you are in the hot tub with is one of those things

I

imported_corpatortis

He doesn't sound like he knows the fanbase very well. No one is interested in the economical standings of objects or finances. People want new content period. If you are attempting to take the bull by the horns.. go that route.

So far he has managed to confuse an entire thread of people. TSO : 0 EA : -1

G

I agree with Corp here.

The reason why you have a bunch of goal less rich sims is because they got tired of doing things the slow way.

Give them goals, give them objects... you'll be amazed at what new content would do for this community.

Enjoy your soak.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

nice scoring. Now I have something else to improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be perfectly blunt whether you are real or not.. this sounds like something comical to you. Which is fine. I don't object to joking.

Why would an employee of EA want clients to post their opinions on a personal blog instead of the official game forum?

L

Luc

Started that in 1997 when we wanted to change what SimCity 3000 was back then. Did the sma eagain when we launched the Sims many month before we shipped. It is easier to manage than through the "official" web site.

Q

qtestpie

<blockquote><hr>

nice scoring. Now I have something else to improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you actually take the time to improve anything at all.. or is this yet another thing we are told just to keep us hanging on to hopes and dreams that are rarely fufilled....Also, can you answer the bruning question of wether we will or will not recieve our fourth year gift.. or is that off limits to you?

L

Luc

Well, I am doing research now. I'll give an update almost everyday on the blog.
(more on the blog than the forum). But I will be coming here too.

Whatever we do will probably be in a new city though

S

Sonic Sharp

Awesome.. Many players think TSO is a dying game; in part because of the exploit. Maybe you can help revive it. If you are looking for more opinions the forums has billions dating back the last few years. In case you didn't know, it has been about 2 years since we had a real update. (Not including the anniversary gift.)

Bottom line: HELP US! WE LOVE THE SIMS ONLINE AND DON'T WANT TO SEE IT DIE!

Good luck!

G

well, howdy Luc...
Just hope this new city doesnt fall apart like DC did. I truly loved playing tso til the botters and scammers took over. You want to know about the economy... ok, heheheh... there is no economy! Its so lopsided by cheaters... everything from what I hear is too expensive to even think about buying. I gave up 1 1/2 yrs ago on TSO. I'd love to come back one day.... what are you all planning to bring people back? There are more of us that have left than are in game now. Sad.. but true.

L

Luc

again, I'll post the ideas on the blog.
I have a long wish list, but I need to figure out what needs to happen in what order.

First I want to listen to what the current players want, so please add comments to the blog.

Thanks
Luc
&lt;out for today&gt;

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Wow. It sounds like dynamic pricing is back up for discussion! This is exciting news!

G

Hi Luc....welcome to the boards.

We just had a rather long thread about how to drain the economy, here. Would you like everyone on that thread to post a summary of thier thoughts &amp; suggestions, again, on your blog?

G

So all of us former players that put in years of play time and quit do to the game sliding downhill and all their friends leaving have no say? We should be listened to also! We spent a good bit of moola/month like everyone else did! LOL Im not saying we should have more say.. but at least we should be listened to! If this had been done about 2 years ago.. there wouldnt be so many "FORMER" players.

nuff said.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

So all of us former players that put in years of play time and quit do to the game sliding downhill and all their friends leaving have no say? We should be listened to also! We spent a good bit of moola/month like everyone else did! LOL Im not saying we should have more say.. but at least we should be listened to! If this had been done about 2 years ago.. there wouldnt be so many "FORMER" players.

nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh? What is stopping you from registering and commenting?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Luc said this: "First I want to listen to what the current players want, so please add comments to the blog."

That... is why I said that.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Luc said this: "First I want to listen to what the current players want, so please add comments to the blog."

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm. Makes ya kind of wonder how he'll know the difference.

G

Thank You! this is JUST what TSO needs, thank you , Now, just get everyone else to care, some people in the ADs department, a programing team and we're set
*Hugs*
T-man edit: Hey, shouldn't this be marked News and shouldn't LCU be V.I.P.?
oh, and sarha, can you see luc from your cube?

G

Well, Luc, i support you 100%. While people have a right to be bitter, I think that anything done to TSO by EA is more positive than nothing. And sooner than later is better, for sure.

I hope to see some changes done because this game deserves it. I have not played consistantly in a few years, but i still support it by paying my money hoping someone like you would come in and help it out.

YAY good news!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To get around that technicality all you have to do is reactivate an account for 30 days and then you'll be a 'current player'. He didn't say how long one had to stay current

G

I remember Luc from way back when, he is very respectable. He is trying to help us and its up to us, now, to go and comment the blog. While we havnt gotten updates in a long time, I dont think it makes sense to blow this opportunity off just because you are angry, be pro-active, lets give him feedback and support to help him do what weve been asking for forever.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I believe that The Sims Online has the potential to become something different, and that we could drive change by publishing new cities with new rules. In this blog I want to express my ideas about this changes and collect feedback from the users, in order to improve on those ideas.

I am not be alone doing this, and you will see the other team members also contribute to this blog.

Let’s have some fun!

Sincerely,

Luc

[/ QUOTE ]

and

<blockquote><hr>

This blog is about EA and Maxis experimenting with TSO through a new city to be published in the next few months.
We want to communicate to the user base what we are attempting and get feedback from the subscribers directly to the development team.
So, read the posts and write comments.
Luc a.k.a. MaxisLuc

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG!

G

Just my opinion Luc, but I don't think a new city is a good idea.

We have a handful of dead cities we could make new just by migrating there.

The game needs content not new cities. The players have been there and done that they don't want new old stuff...

The blog thing is a little weird to me.

You want player feedback, check the archives we are ripe with feedback.

Or ask our lovely Parizad for suggestions... she's been the only one keeping in contact with us for some time.

Just my opinion again...

G

Just an fyi, his name is listed second in the in-game credits. #1 being Will Wright, of course.

Welcome to Stratics!!

(And in case anyone is interested, in-game drum loops courtesy of "Funky Ass Grooves" - when was the last time anyone read that far down the credits?
)

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Just an fyi, his name is listed second in the in-game credits. #1 being Will Wright, of course.

Welcome to Stratics!!

(And in case anyone is interested, in-game drum loops courtesy of "Funky Ass Grooves" - when was the last time anyone read that far down the credits?
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooooooh thanks Milton! I thought I had just dreamed of him. I really had heard of him before!

G

From Luc's blog:

<blockquote><hr>

Well, if we want a new economy, we need to create a world, where different users will attach different values to the good and services in the economy

We also need to introduce scarcity. There should not be an infinite supply of objects at a fixed price.

If everyone wants an aluminum shower, the 10,000 one will be more expensive than the first one. And that is good, since it enables the early buyers to sell their goods with a profit.

So there will be a lot of changes in this new city. The Maxis price of objects will vary daily, and the stores will be much more valuable than they are now. Being a store owner will be a real job, and some will become rich (or not).

[/ QUOTE ]

*falls over with shock*

I seriously can't believe I'm reading this stuff, its amazing

oh and .........<blockquote><hr>

Tomorrow, I’ll discuss what we are changing to secure trading, and you might want to take it siting down!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow just wow.

Welcome to the forums Luc !

Polly

M

Monkeybear

Is the Luc posting here real or fake.. Sorry I'm a little confused :s

T

trevor57

welcome Luc. you seem like just the person that we need.

we posted a lot of ideas in these threads:

gilly might already have linked you to one (or both) of those.

anwayys, nice to see you here...

ETA:
monkeybear - luc must be real b/c if he said he was with EA and if he wasn't, a mod would've removed taht b/c impersonating is against the RoC. i do wonder why he doesn't have a VIP badge though... and why he's Luc and not MaxisLuc on here (i think the word Maxis is blocked out so you can't register with it)

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Is the Luc posting here real or fake.. Sorry I'm a little confused :s

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm taking Parizad and Milton's word for it that he is real. It's kind of early for an April Fool's joke.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm taking Parizad and Milton's word for it that he is real.

[/ QUOTE ]

We checked with Payroll.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree wholeheartedly. There only seem to be a few people that wish to RP a 'true economy', the others don't give a rats ass. There used to be a neighborhood in AV I think it was that was made up of people dedicated to this same goal, but it didn't work because there were too many people there that didn't want to see it happen, or didn't care enough to make it happen, so ultimately it flopped. I think creating a new city and trying to designate it a 'true economy' zone would end up in the same way. But if players that wanted to see this happen migrated to one of the cities that is virtually uninhabited anyway, DC for example since it's supposed to be 'hardcore' anyway, I think it might have a chance of being fullfilling for at least the people that share that common goal, without penalizing the ones that like their world the way it is. Win/win all around.

T

trevor57

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree wholeheartedly. There only seem to be a few people that wish to RP a 'true economy', the others don't give a rats ass. There used to be a neighborhood in AV I think it was that was made up of people dedicated to this same goal, but it didn't work because there were too many people there that didn't want to see it happen, or didn't care enough to make it happen, so ultimately it flopped. I think creating a new city and trying to designate it a 'true economy' zone would end up in the same way. But if players that wanted to see this happen migrated to one of the cities that is virtually uninhabited anyway, DC for example since it's supposed to be 'hardcore' anyway, I think it might have a chance of being fullfilling for at least the people that share that common goal, without penalizing the ones that like their world the way it is. Win/win all around.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree..

but if you're going to be making stores much more valuable by making it a real job.. could you please take away the catalog from all other categories? make it so that only people that own stores have access to the catalog.. i think that's what will make it quite important, as well.

G

To find his sim in game, do a search for "Luc" in AV. The first result is a sim named Luc, but when you look at his sim page, it says MaxisLuc!

Q

qtestpie

<center> <font color="purple">If this all is true and not a joke, then I couldnt be more thrilled. This is the break we have all been praying for, the moment when new life would be brought to the game. Just the fact that someone so powerful to EA is even communicating with us is an amazing thing. I am so excited to see all the things that will be comming. Who knew one person could bring such life to us all and possibly revive everything we love!!!! </font> </center>

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is way too early to be putting the brakes on any idea coming from EA. Let's give it some time, see what else they have to say over the next several days or weeks, and evaluate it as a whole.

G

<blockquote><hr>

but if you're going to be making stores much more valuable by making it a real job.. could you please take away the catalog from all other categories? make it so that only people that own stores have access to the catalog.. i think that's what will make it quite important, as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I don't think so, what is a house owner supposed to do if he needs something and not a single store is open (as has happened HOW many times that we've heard about on the boards) or there are stores open but the people running them are all AFK and either circumventing the timeout feature or just plain not paying attention to what the hell is going on? If it were set up where store owners could not hold their stores open afk, then maybe....until then I for one do not want to be forced to have to hand my simoleans over to someone who isn't even there to receive/earn them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is way too early to be putting the brakes on any idea coming from EA. Let's give it some time, see what else they have to say over the next several days or weeks, and evaluate it as a whole.

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;sarcasm&gt;*smacks forehead*

I'm sorry, I must have misread the title of this post, I could have sworn the first word was 'Discussion' meaning that everybody's opinion was going to be heard and weighed in on, not just those that said 'Yay great idea EA/Luc!!!'

My mistake. Thanks for clearing that up.&lt;/sarcasm&gt;

Edited to add tags since sarcasm comes through so poorly in print

T

trevor57

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No I don't think so, what is a house owner supposed to do if he needs something and not a single store is open (as has happened HOW many times that we've heard about on the boards) or there are stores open but the people running them are all AFK and either circumventing the timeout feature or just plain not paying attention to what the hell is going on? If it were set up where store owners could not hold their stores open afk, then maybe....until then I for one do not want to be forced to have to hand my simoleans over to someone who isn't even there to receive/earn them.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why i think we need a merge. it would a whole new game. merge all the cities, only give the store owner's access to the catalog.. sounds perfect to me.

G

I do have one question about this new city. Do we get an extra slot for the sim in that city or do we have to murder an old established sim? Obviously we will not be able to move there with what we have other places or the exploit money will corrupt that plan too.

Status
Not open for further replies.