• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussion about new ideas for economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

wait...

when is this new thing coming out? tomorrow? or when?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh oh...let me be the first to say it....

Soon!

T

trevor57

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

wait...

when is this new thing coming out? tomorrow? or when?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh oh...let me be the first to say it....

Soon!

[/ QUOTE ]

wellll i hope i live to see it.

ya know i cud still be around in 100 years

i'll only be 114.

G

haha trevor... whether it's tomorrow or a month from now... may as well just have an account waiting... that way if I'm home when it opens I'd be prepared....
have faith Trevvie... they don't appear to be moving too slow

K

Keep It Real

TTL

Thought this thread needed to be "bumped". Some interesting reading indeed. As I look back through the posts it is interesting to see how things have changed and about how this all started with Luc wanting to "improve" the economy. I think we all got the wool pulled over our eyes on that one. The economy he wanted to improve was not TSO's, it was EA's. Ok fair enough. Now how about actually adding some of the idea's you asked us for Luc. We have posted on the wiki and I really don't see or have I heard of anything from the wiki being added yet, well other than tradeable house deeds. CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT! Come on already!

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

Thought this thread needed to be "bumped". Some interesting reading indeed. As I look back through the posts it is interesting to see how things have changed and about how this all started with Luc wanting to "improve" the economy. I think we all got the wool pulled over our eyes on that one. The economy he wanted to improve was not TSO's, it was EA's. Ok fair enough. Now how about actually adding some of the idea's you asked us for Luc. We have posted on the wiki and I really don't see or have I heard of anything from the wiki being added yet, well other than tradeable house deeds. CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT! Come on already!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's quite what any of us were expecting. I'm not reading back over them all, but if you noticed any of them mention that we wanted to start out with $100 and have lower payouts on everything so it takes us forever to buy a lot, point me to it would ya. I did notice that right from the start it was new content that was mentioned, and sadly new content is still sorely lacking. But hey, look on the bright side, some week soon you'll be able to put a picture on a funny looking easel thingy, things are moving right along lol.

K

Keep It Real

LMAO, yeah "picture on a stick" was not exactly what I was hoping for either.

G

People have been asking for custom content Way before anything on the first page. mainly because custom content is new content. These "Pictures on a Stick" you refer too are just phase one of custom content and I, as well as many others, have a lot of ideas for them. No, it's not something that will change the gameplay immediately, but anyone who's creative can come up with some new game using them. I've actually got a few thought up.

The lowering of the starting funds and payouts I agree was a little much at first, but the point was to fix the economy. I feel like I am the only one who can see what theyre doing. Everything, price-wise, is becoming more realistic. Object prices are going down to relatively close to what they would be in real life money if not lower. Sure, just lowering payouts and starting funds and not lowering the costs of everything would be horrible, but I understand what they are doing, and I KIND OF like it. I can also see the point of where people wouldn't like it, but right now I am arguing for the good of it.

CntryGrl, I remember you begging for them to implement a version where you could get into Test Center 3 without having to delete a sim, and it looks like thats what happened. Sure, it may not have come as fast as you planned, but it still happened.

Besides the "tradable house deeds" from the blue-prints being added I see a couple more things coming. Objects from the sims and expansion packs are being added. not yet, but theyre working on it. MERGING ALL OF THE CITIES. Sure, we wont be able to keep our simoleans. Boo hoo. But seriously? I can understand why not. It would ruin the new economy. ONLY STORES BEING ABLE TO BUY FROM THE CATALOG definately on the wiki definately implemented and guess what? that affects the economy!

I could go on for a while, but I need to get some sleep.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

Thanks for bumping this, KIR. Besides reviewing the thread (some of it is sad to read, or at least bittersweet
) I have also enjoyed going back to the blog and reading the first couple of month's entries. They read differently (VERY) with the insight gained over the past weeks.

G

<blockquote><hr>

CntryGrl, I remember you begging for them to implement a version where you could get into Test Center 3 without having to delete a sim, and it looks like thats what happened. Sure, it may not have come as fast as you planned, but it still happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suph, I was in TC3 day one of it opening. I wasn't begging them for anything. I was reminding them of the fact that they said not to retire an old sim because they would "quickly" add a button for TC3 like for Betaville. A few weeks later, they said it would be a few more weeks. In all honesty, I don't think them finally making it so all can be there had anything to do with the many players who were still left out. It was just one step in many towards opening up their EA Land.

I've been around since beta days, and I learned a long time ago not to believe much from EA. The only thing I'm really sure of with them is that they will take my subscription fee out each month, right on time, no "coming soon" involved. I've always been a member of the "I'll believe it when I see it" group. Although I would love for them to do something that would change the way I think about it, I just don't see it happening.

G

Hauling up 5 month old threads is not an acceptable practice on these boards, if you wish to re-open discussion on one of the many subjects discussed in this old thread, start your own thread.

This one is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.