• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Amnesty!!!

• Thread starter imported_Rare-Buyer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

<blockquote><hr>

This is not for you...I'm just pondering out loud..Somehow I have to wonder though why there are some so 'adamant' about it not allowing 6 months worth of accounts into the 'original' sim club. Sure wouldn't want to flood the market with a bunch of original founder accounts now would we? It would definitely 'de-value' them wouldn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. *ding ding ding*

G

okay i have a question for pari.... what did you mean in town hall when you told us that all our sims would recieve ammesty gifts???? Was it changed after you revealed that everyone would get them??? Just would like to know what the deal was on that... why we were told one thing and their doing another ?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Beta testers had until Dec 31, 2002 to register their game. I remember that because I was at a Best Buy in Vegas, wearing 6 inch heels, running to buy the box, and registering the badboy from a borrowed laptop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I just never pictured you as a Vegas showgirl before now.

Good thing you left your hat in the car, eh?

G

<blockquote><hr>

okay i have a question for pari.... what did you mean in town hall when you told us that all our sims would recieve ammesty gifts???? Was it changed after you revealed that everyone would get them??? Just would like to know what the deal was on that... why we were told one thing and their doing another ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Policies change all the time....it could be that she misunderstood what was said, it could be that Greg realized what a rolling debacle that was about to cause in the economy we have now. Nothing that is said in Town Hall is set in stone, not that it shouldn't be believed but I see no reason that they cannot change their minds when they see fit if they see that a decision they've made is going to be harmful to the game, and I don't think we should make a big deal out of holding them to something that was going to be damaging over all. They are correcting a bad decision, not going back on a good one.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we discussed it some more and changed that.

Please keep in mind that until we actually put it in the game, most things are still up for discussion.

G

thas fine .... i just was very dissapointed when being told one thing then doing another .... and if there was a change later with good reasonings behind it i dont have a problem ... i just feel that we should know why the change. Seeing how we were told different. Not too much to ask i dont think... specially after being told that all our sims would recieve the yearly gifts not 3. I personally went to everyone i know and told them what you said and some have returned to the game. That doesn't make me feel good when im telling them one thing and another happens i feel that i lied to my friends and they came back because of it. The whole plan of amnesty was starting over a new leaf.... but the same mistakes are still happening... customer service when you use it sucks were being told one thing anothers going on these are real problems with the game and i hope that someone out there is listening and takeing notes and trying to fix this.... yes things happen things change but its not good when players think their being lied too or told things that wont happen... then they begin to not trust... and thas not good. I am very thankful for the changes that they decided to make concerning amnesty. We all know they didnt have to do anything at all and it was a nice surprize after all these years. Not in any way downing anyone... but when asked a blunt question like that we should be told its still under discussion but there might be a possibility of it instead of flat out you will get it. That would have made a big difference to me at least. Something to think about for the future... btw keep up the good work and thanks for being here for all of us.

G

<blockquote><hr>

To no one in particular....

I'm rather appalled by the attitudes I'm reading. And once again, I am almost ashamed to admit that I am a founder sometimes when I read some of this crap!

This is a new day in Sim history and TPTB are trying to make this as fair for everyone as possible....clean slate...a starting point.

Thankfully TPTB are making these decisions as fair as they can for EVERYONE.

And actually I do hope that this rights many of the wrongs that have been committed against our international friends and fellow sim maniacs as well as for others!

I look at this effort from EA and TPTB as an attempt to just make everyone happy and appreciate the people that are here during this really trying time in Sims online history.

I'm sorry if having players be happy upsets some of you.

[/ QUOTE ]
What appalls me is the attitude of SOME players who believe their own opinions are dipped in honey, but have no respect whatsoever for the feelings and opinions of others, and consider it their duty to publicly ridicule, insult, demean, etc. Most of us are guilty from time to time of trying to lay a good "put-down" on somebody with whom we disagree - but you are turning it into a friggin' science!
You want fair?????
You want a new beginning????
You want a level playing field????
You want a clean slate????
You want a new starting point????

Ok.

Let's be fair, level, clean, new, whatever.

Let's strip all players of all skill locks - no one should have any more than the newest player.
Let's make sure that all players have an equal amount of skill points - when one player gets a point, EVERY player gets one.
Nobody is allowed to own a lot unless everyone is - and all lots must be equal in size.
Confiscate all money and objects and redistribute it/them evenly among ALL players.
Do away with ALL rares (pets, objects, and anniversary gifts) until a way can be devised where all players can share equally.
All Sims have access to ALL interactions regardless of skills.
All jobs and job objects must pay exactly the same regardless of skill level, friends, etc.
All stores must charge the same prices for similar objects, including cc, and those prices must be affordable to even the poorest Sim.
Let's make sure that everything that is earned by *one* Sim is also awarded to every other Sim.
There are other things to be done to make the game new, and fair for everyone, but my fingers are beginning to hurt, so I'll leave further listings to others.

Oh, and no one is allowed to have more accounts than any one else.

One last thing - nobody is trying to cut out our "international friends". EA has the power to contact those folks and include those who qualify as Founders.
If concern for them is EA's purpose for doing this, then that would be the proper thing to do.
But, I doubt their benevolence extends that far - I believe, based on past and current experience, that this decision was made in the hope of attracting and re-subscribing the rather large segment of players that existed at the time but left due to frustration and other issues with the game.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Somebody needs a nappy!

It's gonna kill you that TPTB extended the original founder date by 6 months?

I hope people stop being so stinking petty and just enjoy what they have.

G

Applaud... I totally agree with you. This is getting out of hand now. Mind you, I don't agree with a level playing field. I think part of the fun is to catch up to the older players.

I for one say let it be. Those who get Founder status will get it. Those who don't... deal with it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Somebody needs a nappy!

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't you think it is a little petty that you are here chastising others for sharing their opinion instead of going off and enjoying what you have? In what way do you feel that putting down other people's opinions is positive and community building? I do not feel it is any better than the negative posts. You could easily give your opinion without putting down others.

I can wait. But its hard!! I want it now!! hehe

G

<blockquote><hr>

Somebody needs a nappy!

[/ QUOTE ]

For clarification to those outside the US, 'nappy' is a different meaning here. LOL. But yeah I was about to say the same thing, so GMTA. We are so far beyond beta of the original game, and the old game is basically gone, so I don't understand why in the world it matters that more people will have a founder flag. If you wanna be discriminatory, you still can be.....just ask them who you see with Founder flags when they started playing and if they state any time between 1/03-6/03 then mute them so you don't have to see them and they don't have to deal with your discrimination.

G

GREAT now im feeling a little better about playing the game, i was gonna cancel my subscription up until now...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I try not to belittle anyone's feelings and always take into consideration their opinions. Believe it or not, on a few occasions people have even swayed me from my own beliefs to theirs.

Some players apparently have alot of emotions invested into being founders, where others simply accept the status as part of the game. For those of us that do not have emotional attachments to our founder status, these changes do not affect us the same way. Thinking back to the first day that I received my simmy for beta testing.....My reaction was..."oh, that was nice of them...uh this thing doesn't really do anything....damn it's using up my property limit....I really wish I got a red one instead of blue." No where on that day did I attach a sense of pride or attach any emotions to my simmy.

My emotional attachment and pride was felt when the game went live and I knew I had a hand it helping it get there. I'm still very proud of this game and community. I look forward to it's continued evolution.

I do not feel that my contributions as a beta tester has been dimished in any way. I am elated that those players that have been playing right along side of me for 5 years are getting some recognition as founders. They lived through many changes and beta tests. They endured mafia tagging and helped test the new store feature in April of 2003. They tested neighborhood creation! They helped report many bugs after game went live. I have always looked upon these players as co-founders of our cities.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'm a founder and I can care less if everyone gets founder status. It doesn't affect me so why should I complain. But what does bother me is that I don't get what I deserve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that bothers most folks, being left out or not getting what they deserve.

I'm a founder and basically the little flag on my accounts just bring back memories of all the people and friends I've played with over the years. I don't see how a 6 month extension on the 'founder' cutoff diminishes in anyway my TSO experience.

This is not for you...I'm just pondering out loud..Somehow I have to wonder though why there are some so 'adamant' about it not allowing 6 months worth of accounts into the 'original' sim club. Sure wouldn't want to flood the market with a bunch of original founder accounts now would we? It would definitely 'de-value' them wouldn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I suppose if you will benefit by the time increase, the value of your account will definitrly increase as well, wouldn't it?
Dayum, why don't you just come right out and accuse us of cheating? Implying that we are self-serving is just leading up to that anyway.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Somebody needs a nappy!

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatsamatter Dutch? You don't wanna share your stuff? You don't wanna take what YOU earned and give it to others who are not as fortunate?
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I *have* Founder status. But I *can't* enjoy it - it no longer means anything if it's handed out like candy on Hallowe'en
I worked my butt off during beta - 12 hours a day during the week, 20 on weekends. Reports, evaluations, testing, lock-ups, crashes, RL on hold - then the same thing the next day. And... I wasn't alone. There were many more like me. We were proud of our contribution.
Now, here's EA, handing out Founder status like some damn trinket with no value. Well, it has value to me. It's probably the only thing about this game that does.
Plus, we have a bunch of inconsiderate, insulting posts that imply that it means nothing (but they still want it of course).

Earlier in the thread, someone posted that Founder status was "meaningless".... well........ it is now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Somebody needs a nappy!

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatsamatter Dutch? You don't wanna share your stuff? You don't wanna take what YOU earned and give it to others who are not as fortunate?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they were taking anything away from you to give it to somebody else, that analogy would hold. The original founders are having NOTHING taken away from them, unless they perceive it to be. We will still have our founder flag, we will still have the knowledge that we did all the things we did in game. Its just that now all the people who started doing the same thing 6 months after we did will ALSO get recognition.
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

I *have* Founder status. But I *can't* enjoy it - it no longer means anything if it's handed out like candy on Hallowe'en
I worked my butt off during beta - 12 hours a day during the week, 20 on weekends. Reports, evaluations, testing, lock-ups, crashes, RL on hold - then the same thing the next day. And... I wasn't alone. There were many more like me. We were proud of our contribution.
Now, here's EA, handing out Founder status like some damn trinket with no value. Well, it has value to me. It's probably the only thing about this game that does.
Plus, we have a bunch of inconsiderate, insulting posts that imply that it means nothing (but they still want it of course).

Earlier in the thread, someone posted that Founder status was "meaningless".... well........ it is now.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason you *can't* enjoy it is because you're pissed off that the cut off date is extended? Wrong, bucko, not can't......won't. You still could if you would. And no its not being handed out like it's a trinket with no value, EA is in a way finally acknowledging the fact that the game wasn't really ready for release when it was released, and that those players who started in Jan 03- June 03 put up with some of the self same crap that the rest of us did, and PAID for the privilege. Poppy explained how some European players were granted Founder status and others weren't.....to get it they had to pay for it. Some people couldn't afford to pay for it, so they didn't get it for all this time.....EA is correcting that mistake because that was TOTALLY unfair the way they did it back then and I'm surprised anybody who lived in Europe would stand for that or support it. Now they don't have to.

Again I say, thanks EA for righting yet another wrong

T

TKSpeedy1

I'm with Donavan. Founder status no longer means anything now. I was proud to be a beta tester for TSO. It felt like I was finally making a contribution to something, and I had founder status to show for it. It was a gift from Maxis to us for working out butts off testing and reporting bugs so that everyone could enjoy the game when it went "live". But now, it's like they are saying that didn't mean anything. I'm all for giving founders status to those who couldn't, for whatever reason, get it by the original cut-off date. EA/Maxis knows exactly who those people are. But to extend the cut-off date 6 months and give anyone who joined between the original cut off date and the new cut off date is just plain wrong, IMO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I try not to belittle anyone's feelings and always take into consideration their opinions. Believe it or not, on a few occasions people have even swayed me from my own beliefs to theirs.

Some players apparently have alot of emotions invested into being founders, where others simply accept the status as part of the game. For those of us that do not have emotional attachments to our founder status, these changes do not affect us the same way. Thinking back to the first day that I received my simmy for beta testing.....My reaction was..."oh, that was nice of them...uh this thing doesn't really do anything....damn it's using up my property limit....I really wish I got a red one instead of blue." No where on that day did I attach a sense of pride or attach any emotions to my simmy.

My emotional attachment and pride was felt when the game went live and I knew I had a hand it helping it get there. I'm still very proud of this game and community. I look forward to it's continued evolution.

I do not feel that my contributions as a beta tester has been dimished in any way. I am elated that those players that have been playing right along side of me for 5 years are getting some recognition as founders. They lived through many changes and beta tests. They endured mafia tagging and helped test the new store feature in April of 2003. They tested neighborhood creation! They helped report many bugs after game went live. I have always looked upon these players as co-founders of our cities.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? Then explain this:
<blockquote><hr>

Being an original beta tester and founder, I am more appalled that more founders are not generous and accepting of this new plan. I know more people that started to play those first 6 months in game than original founders of the game. I am happy for them and considering the game was not ready for release on 12/17/02 I believe most of them played a beta version of the game for those first six months.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not "puzzled" or "I don't understand", but "appalled"
Yeah - the mean old grinches are upset that poor Oliver Twist wants more gruel.
It doesn't mean the same to you as it does to others? Ok, fine - I, and others, feel differently - that should be fine, too.

NOIP
You want recognition for the part you played from Launch until June 03? Beyond?
Ok - try this.
Break down all subscriptions into 6 month periods dating from Launch.
Designate each period as a generation.
All accounts created up to Dec 17, 2002 (Founders) would be known as "1st Generation". Accounts from Launch+1 until June 15, 03 (or whatever) would be "2nd Generation". June to Dec, 03 would be "3rd generation", and so on.
Give everyone an icon designating their respective generation.
In this way, each player/account would be fairly recognized for his/her generation's role in the development of the game.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Don't you think it is a little petty that you are here chastising others for sharing their opinion instead of going off and enjoying what you have? In what way do you feel that putting down other people's opinions is positive and community building? I do not feel it is any better than the negative posts. You could easily give your opinion without putting down others.

[/ QUOTE ]

In case you hadn't noticed, she does it daily. Literally on almost every post she makes that is a rebuttal to someone else's post.

If the post she responds to is factual and inarguable she either ignores it, or attacks the credibility of the poster by making innuendos about them. You've seen it. She's all but called me a botter, others character and money sellers, exploiters, and many examples of simply insulting or belittling people who write "negative posts". When you're a cheerleader it's quite okay to do that. As a matter of fact, your fellow cheerleaders applaud you for it.

I

imported_remflyer

Just tagging last response.

To me being a Founder meant just one thing. It meant I was part of a group of players who tested TSO during beta. The Simmie and flag were a thank you from EA for doing so. More than five years later to extend the Founder's cutoff date to six months after the game went live is a fraud plain and simple. It smacks of a marketing gimmick as Donavan posted. I am all for them including players who might have been shut out of Founders status through no fault of their own if they in fact were Beta testers but what they are doing here is a sham.

Oh but maybe I should just say thank you for making my accounts that were not part of Beta, Founders now. I am very disappointed in what the Devs have done here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh but maybe I should just say thank you for making my accounts that were not part of Beta, Founders now. I am very disappointed in what the Devs have done here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the main issue to one side, you should. I always thought it was silly that a person who qualified as a founder could not have a founder icon on any account that they had, regardless of when it was open. The human behind the account is the one that beta tested the game, so in my way of thinking they should have all their accounts referred to as 'founder accounts'.

That's a side issue and not really germaine to the present discussion, but I thought I'd mention that since it is a feeling I've always had but never said anything about it cuz it really didn't matter in the overall grand scheme. I have 4 accounts. Only 1 was considered 'founder' because the others were opened after we were given the ability to open an account without plunking another $50 on the game and instead could just pay the $14.99 or whatever it was to create the other accounts. Because of that, only 1 of the 4 are 'officially' founder status even though *I* the human am a founder and have always been. Given the big stink that is being raised about this issue, I am surprised now that there was no big stink raised then about that one.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Given the big stink that is being raised about this issue, I am surprised now that there was no big stink raised then about that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your memory fails you. There was.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the main issues in our internal debates was the European players. Originally, TSO was going to be released there, and then it wasn't... too much confusion. Quite a few of our European and Asian players that played in beta were never considered founders because of that confusion.

I invite everyone to keep in mind that the main reason we're doing the Amnesty Program is to clean the slate and we can start fresh going forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the choice of June 2003 either. I live in England and took part in the Beta test from October 2002. I received a founder flag and founder status. As far as I am aware the only difference between American players and European players was the fact that we did not start paying a subscription until 1st April 2003.
So why June and not April?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also in the UK and have 2 founder accounts from October and November - both have flounder flag and status. Of the 2 other brits and 2 scandanavian players that I played with during beta, they all also kept their founder status once we were able to start paying. (and before someone makes a presumption that we were all to poor to pay earlier, it was because we weren't given a mechanism to be able to pay!)

I'm also confused about the June date.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I think what she means is we didn't have to pay a monthly fee to play in the beta stages. I can't remember anymore. I may have payed for the disk but played for free until the game went live or something.

[/ QUOTE ]Correct. The subscription fee was waived until, I believe, 10 days after the game went gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beta testers had until Dec 31, 2002 to register their game. I remember that because I was at a Best Buy in Vegas, wearing 6 inch heels, running to buy the box, and registering the badboy from a borrowed laptop.

[/ QUOTE ]Thank you. I knew it was somewhere around that time - couldn't remember if it was 10 days or 14 days, and then got myself confused more because I was living west of the International Date Line...

...and the main reason I missed out on being a founder before was because - even though I had received an invite, and had downloaded the game (on dial-up, no less), I never got my beta registration key - and I suspect it was because of my *.ne.jp email address.

But, as I said, I had pretty much gotten over that. But now, with some of these founders acting like I just devoured a baby right in front of them for the mere idea that I am now one of them - flag or not... I'm not so sure I want to be part of "them".

G

<blockquote><hr>

One last thing - nobody is trying to cut out our "international friends". EA has the power to contact those folks and include those who qualify as Founders.
If concern for them is EA's purpose for doing this, then that would be the proper thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]How many of us are still at the same e-mail address we were at more than half a decade ago? I'm not! And I'm pretty sure EA is not maintaining a database of past e-mail addresses every account holder has ever had. I'm sorry, but this would be an even bigger slap in the face for those who end up excluded because they had the audacity to move within the last five and a half years than the slap you Founders are feeling for having your membership extended by a few hundred still-current players (if even that many).

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I'm also confused about the June date.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to wonder if June 2003 is when we lost most of our developers. This might be the month we were cut to a skeleton crew of developers that eventually got cut even further down to just one.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]How many of us are still at the same e-mail address we were at more than half a decade ago? I'm not! And I'm pretty sure EA is not maintaining a database of past e-mail addresses every account holder has ever had. I'm sorry, but this would be an even bigger slap in the face for those who end up excluded because they had the audacity to move within the last five and a half years than the slap you Founders are feeling for having your membership extended by a few hundred still-current players (if even that many).

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm....think about it. I don't think they need e-mail addys. All they have to do is look at the account DATE.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Given the big stink that is being raised about this issue, I am surprised now that there was no big stink raised then about that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your memory fails you. There was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember the big stink about having to pay $50 for another copy of the game in order to get a second account, I was a part of that one since we had to buy a 2nd copy of the game just so hubby could play, but no, I don't remember any big controversy about Founders not having their secondary account receive a 'founder flag'. It *has* been 6 years ago now though, and even though I'm highly prone to insomnia I have slept a few times in that time frame (
) so yeah it might be something my memory has blocked out LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
They didn't seem to have much trouble contacting former players (including Founders) when they wanted to let them know they were welcome to come back with all entitlements.
You don't understand much about on-line companies - they don't ever throw away contact information.

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

Did you read Pari's post about part of the reasoning behind this being that some of the European players who did work their butts off in beta, just like we are now were denied founder status simply because the game was not released over there? This fixes that for them, and also for the American players who played beta but were in that *dead period* of account creation where founder flags were not issued that should have been. So it gives a few more player besides just those two categories a founder flag......and? It doesn't belittle my having gone through the ups-and-downs of beta one bit to me, so why should you let that belittle your accomplishment in your own eyes?

[/ QUOTE ]I fall into that dead period, and always felt a bit sad about that. So thank you for bringing it up.

I had bought every single Sims (offline) product possible up to that point, had been a bug tester in nearly every single major MMOG up to that time, and was already disappointed to have not been selected for TSO early beta. I also have continued to buy all Sims related products (for the PC) to this day.

I was a roomie during that dead period at the number one offbeat house on my city, where I worked very hard to test for bugs and be a good host. I am very pleased to know that I will now be considered a founder.

Thank you EA.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not so sure I want to be part of "them".

[/ QUOTE ]
S'okay - I don't want to be a "cheerleader" either - six of one, half a dozen of the other.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
They didn't seem to have much trouble contacting former players (including Founders) when they wanted to let them know they were welcome to come back with all entitlements.
You don't understand much about on-line companies - they don't ever throw away contact information.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can guarantee you there were alot of Founders though that no longer have access to the e-mail address that EA has on file, for whatever reason, and those Founders were left off the list of people receiving that e-mail inviting them back, so the analogy still stands.

R

Roger Wilco

Burn the fake founder! Burn her!

Seriously, I personally don't care a wit if they call everyone in game and yet to sign up a founder, but I do see where it would upset those who are proud of their founder status.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
S'okay - I don't want to be a "cheerleader" either - six of one, half a dozen of the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you shaved your legs and pits, you'd have a better time adjusting...

I'm teasing! ::hugs::

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have to wonder if June 2003 is when we lost most of our developers. This might be the month we were cut to a skeleton crew of developers that eventually got cut even further down to just one.

[/ QUOTE ]No, I think it was later than that. N&amp;I came out in November. Shortly after that, development pretty much shriveled up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Umm....think about it. I don't think they need e-mail addys. All they have to do is look at the account DATE.

[/ QUOTE ]How is account date going to tell them who lived in what part of the world in December 2002?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you shaved your legs and pits, you'd have a better time adjusting...

I'm teasing! ::hugs::

[/ QUOTE ]

After only recently watching Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt in "What a Woman Wants", this post made me giggle even harder picturing Donavan doing as Mel Gibson did in the movie right before receiving his 'powers'. LMAO! Every man needs to do that at least once to get clued in on the beautification process of the average woman.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Well, that may explain what happened to my "please come back" email. It's probably floating around in some dead-email box in Misawa.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]How is account date going to tell them who lived in what part of the world in December 2002?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't, but it does tell you who is entitled to founder status. And if they are entitled to it and don't have it, they could give it to them. Also, like another post said, companies keep contact info.

G

<blockquote><hr>

After only recently watching Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt in "What a Woman Wants", this post made me giggle even harder picturing Donavan doing as Mel Gibson did in the movie right before receiving his 'powers'. LMAO! Every man needs to do that at least once to get clued in on the beautification process of the average woman.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hahaha!
Yeah - that's almost as funny as Jesus Soap.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Why? Because you wouldn't look good in pink? Or because you'd have to shave?

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]My email that was associated with my account originally is long since gone (my local cable provider has changed hands several times since then, which is pretty common in other areas too, or so I have been told). I would have never known about the whole EA Land thing unless I had seen a thread about it on another forum. For that matter, I couldn't remember what my account name here on Stratics was either, which is why I created this one.

I'm guessing that many of the former players you're seeing return found out about the revival of TSO in similar fashion. There have blurbs about it on gaming sites, blog entries, and threads about it on the forums for other games, especially SL, because a good number of people in SL have played TSO at some point. I know of at least a dozen SLers and ex-SLers (like me - though I played both games concurrently for a year or so, and TSO first, of course) who said they were going to look into EA Land because of a thread on an SL fansite forum. The SL community buzzed about it for a few days after people started to find out. I'm sure that is at least partially because of the shift to real money trading (RMT), since SL operates that way as well.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It doesn't, but it does tell you who is entitled to founder status. And if they are entitled to it and don't have it, they could give it to them. Also, like another post said, companies keep contact info.

[/ QUOTE ]For the people affected by the blackout, their account age would not reflect December 2002. Most of those people were forced to abandon their beta accounts because EA refused to allow them to register as subscribers.

I'm not one of those people, thankfully. I'm miffed because I was shut out of the process entirely.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Why? Because you wouldn't look good in pink? Or because you'd have to shave?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL!

Okay - I like a good game.

I think I'd look grrrreat in pink. For one thing, the ladies would think I had a lot of guts, and that could lead to........... wellllll............

I wouldn't shave just for that - I like a little rebellion.

No, the reason I don't wanna be a cheerleader is.... I'd be constantly washing my nose.

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]That contact info is no good if it contains a dead email address. It isn't like they are mailing out snail mail letters, and there is a good chance that a lot of people don't live where they lived 5 years ago, even if they did. I don't. When I reactivated my TSO account, the email address, and the billing info including a credit card number, the street address, and the phone number were all dead.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL!

Okay - I like a good game.

I think I'd look grrrreat in pink. For one thing, the ladies would think I had a lot of guts, and that could lead to........... wellllll............

I wouldn't shave just for that - I like a little rebellion.

No, the reason I don't wanna be a cheerleader is.... I'd be constantly washing my nose.

[/ QUOTE ]

ewww. You have a dirty nose? I never knew that!
Scared of that jesus soap i guess.

G

<blockquote><hr>

ewww. You have a dirty nose? I never knew that!
Scared of that jesus soap i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_fajjaa

The founders that are still around are rewarded with the memories of those months prior to the release of the game. Those are the things that cannot be duplicated or taken away. If the Dev team believes that this 6 month time frame will include the majority of those original guineau pigs that were actually there, then they know what they are doing. TSO is an elite game, and being a founder of such a game is something I will always be proud of.