• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Amnesty!!!

• Thread starter imported_Rare-Buyer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

S'okay - I don't want to be a "cheerleader" either - six of one, half a dozen of the other.

[/ QUOTE ]Why? Because you wouldn't look good in pink? Or because you'd have to shave?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL!

Okay - I like a good game.

I think I'd look grrrreat in pink. For one thing, the ladies would think I had a lot of guts, and that could lead to........... wellllll............

I wouldn't shave just for that - I like a little rebellion.

No, the reason I don't wanna be a cheerleader is.... I'd be constantly washing my nose.

[/ QUOTE ]

ewww. You have a dirty nose? I never knew that!
Scared of that jesus soap i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I don't have a dirty nose...... because..... I'm...... not..... a...... cheerleader.

See how it works?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

S'okay - I don't want to be a "cheerleader" either - six of one, half a dozen of the other.

[/ QUOTE ]Why? Because you wouldn't look good in pink? Or because you'd have to shave?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL!

Okay - I like a good game.

I think I'd look grrrreat in pink. For one thing, the ladies would think I had a lot of guts, and that could lead to........... wellllll............

I wouldn't shave just for that - I like a little rebellion.

No, the reason I don't wanna be a cheerleader is.... I'd be constantly washing my nose.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I don't have a dirty nose...... because..... I'm...... not..... a...... cheerleader.

See how it works?

[/ QUOTE ]

A dirty attitude is worse than a dirty nose. Dirty noses can be washed with soap. Attitudes can still be cleaned up, but are not as easy. So if I gotta have one or the other, I'll take the nose. I was once a soapmaker, I have plenty of backstock left. Heck just for kicks I'll mail my fellow cheerleaders bars of soap for free

G

Calm down everyone. Donavan is just upset that I am going to get a flounder flag!

IN YOUR FACE BUCKO!

I

imported_fajjaa

I think at one end of the spectrum, Donavan is making some pretty good points. I feel it is more important to protect the status of being a founder rather then to make a farce of it by expanding the eligibilities by six months. But it looks like the dev team knows what they are doing in this matter.

G

I swear I thought mine ws feb 2003. now it says jan 31 2004.. I may have been wrong on year but the month keeps changing so who knows

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think at one end of the spectrum, Donavan is making some pretty good points. I feel it is more important to protect the status of being a founder rather then to make a farce of it by expanding the eligibilities by six months. But it looks like the dev team knows what they are doing in this matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'status' of being a founder? That's the whole problem, there is no status to it...how is a person who is now a founder and has the little flag guy on his sim picture any better than Katheryne or anybody else who missed the magic date by days or months yet has been every bit as helpful to their fellow community or more helpful To have any real status to it, EA would have to evaluate each individual person on their position in the community, how helpful they are, how well they stay positive when the poo hits the fan, how constructive they stay even when they DO have something to gripe about, etc. etc. etc. Then and only then would having a founder 'title' have any real STATUS behind it. There are posters and players in our game that have never had a founder flag but have been doing that since the beginning of sim time. Nothing anybody says is going to make me sorry that they are now going to get that flag. Especially considering the fact that they didn't ask for it, EA is just giving it to them.

G

1, 2, 3 years from now i will be proud of my ea-land founders status and being able to tell new avatars about all the BS and problems we had as sims moving into a new land, while they cry over little trivial issues....i for one have been on the game for over 3 years now, and strongly believe once they get past the bugs and learn how to detect the bots and eliminate them.. the game will only get better....

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'status' of being a founder? That's the whole problem, there is no status to it...how is a person who is now a founder and has the little flag guy on his sim picture any better than Katheryne or anybody else who missed the magic date by days or months yet has been every bit as helpful to their fellow community or more helpful To have any real status to it, EA would have to evaluate each individual person on their position in the community, how helpful they are, how well they stay positive when the poo hits the fan, how constructive they stay even when they DO have something to gripe about, etc. etc. etc. Then and only then would having a founder 'title' have any real STATUS behind it. There are posters and players in our game that have never had a founder flag but have been doing that since the beginning of sim time. Nothing anybody says is going to make me sorry that they are now going to get that flag. Especially considering the fact that they didn't ask for it, EA is just giving it to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only status EA is concerned about is how many 9.99's they can get. That would be an extremely simple formula for them to figure out who is who in this game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the dark side.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Calm down everyone. Donavan is just upset that I am going to get a flounder flag!

IN YOUR FACE BUCKO!

[/ QUOTE ]
Who are you? Anybody?

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

For the people affected by the blackout, their account age would not reflect December 2002. Most of those people were forced to abandon their beta accounts because EA refused to allow them to register as subscribers.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is Maxis/EA knows who these people are, so they alone should get founder status. And if they can't prove who is entitled, they should just scrap the whole idea. Sometimes it's not a good idea to back-pedal and try to fix things. My problem isn't with EA giving founders status to the people who didn't get their founder status in the first place. What I don't like is that with this whole 6 month after the fact thing, people are going to have founders status now who weren't even around when were were in beta. It's like someone getting a promotion they didn't work for.

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the dark side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checks nose in mirror....

Im clear. Does amnesty cover blemishes or just a dirty nose? Im having second thoughts on participating in this amnesty thing. Sounds a little too kinky for me.

G

I am sorry generally I wouldnt stoop to commenting a negative remark such as yours but give it a rest I could give a rats behind if someone started yesterday or 5 years ago I still give them the benefit of the doubt. I cant remember the acct info for my acct that would definitely get founders stautus under the new plan since I missed it by minutes the first time. But I dont have that acct at all anymore but who cares I kinda think that its cool we are all founders here now if we could hold it together maybe we can get this game live so those with the need to feel superior have their day.

Dont Judge Lest ye be judged

The devs feel this is important to do so let em I dont want all this belly aching to take away the game I love.

Raven Midnight

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not about Founders being an elite special group that thinks it is somehow better or more helpful than others who came later although you and others keep trying to make this argument. What don't you get here? Founders were those players who were testing TSO in Beta, period. Now the Dev's five plus years after the fact want to include all players up to June 17, 03 (which is most likely the period of time when the game had the most players) and define them as Founders. It is just not right. If they wanted to make correct a mistake of excluding non US players as Founders I think they could have found a better way than this.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

I'm so happy about the amnesty
I'm missed the cut-off date, but I sure have all the happy memories of my founder days... and the not-so-happy ones. I don't care about an icon, but I'm so happy that I'm getting my simmies.

P

PoindeJ

<blockquote><hr>

You want recognition for the part you played from Launch until June 03? Beyond?
Ok - try this.
Break down all subscriptions into 6 month periods dating from Launch.
Designate each period as a generation.
All accounts created up to Dec 17, 2002 (Founders) would be known as "1st Generation". Accounts from Launch+1 until June 15, 03 (or whatever) would be "2nd Generation". June to Dec, 03 would be "3rd generation", and so on.
Give everyone an icon designating their respective generation.
In this way, each player/account would be fairly recognized for his/her generation's role in the development of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not the point.

First of all, we should all keep in mind the basic purpose of Amnesty - to entice the early players of the game to come back. I think that EA realizes now that they (I guess I should say "we") were the driving force of the game - they made it fun and memorable for all of us playing back in the "golden age" even when times were rough, before we had things like skill locks and lot categories and avatar move.

I activated my account on December 26, 2002 (thanks to my brother giving me TSO for Christmas
), 9 days after the game went live. I never considered myself as a "founder," but throughout 2004 and 2005 I did value my status as an old-timer. I never recreated, so my Sim's age did show how long I'd been playing.

I eventually left in 2006, like many others, because the game was dying. It just wasn't fun anymore, no longer worth the time or the effort.

Now, I'm back. Amnesty (with or without founder status) is exciting. It will be really useful to have my skill locks back, and I'm gonna put my Mystic Tree(s?) to good use. EA's basically convinced me that it's worth it to pay that $9.99 a month again.

But Amnesty is not really why I'm back. I'm back because the game is back. There are players again; there's activity. But most importantly - there's a development team. Amnesty shows that the dev team really cares - that they really want me back in the game. That's why they're giving us these bonuses. In a way they're both thanking us and apologizing to us for everything that happened with regard to TSO's early years.

It's not about "How long have you been playing?" at all. Well, I suppose anniversary gifts and skill locks serve that purpose, but that's sort of similar to one of those Subway cards that you get stamped when you buy sandwiches, eventually letting you get a free one. I don't think many people feel like they "deserve" to get a free sandwich after buying so many - it's just an added bonus, a reward to keep you as a customer.

But how many years you've been buying sandwiches or how many "generations" you've been playing means nothing to anybody but you. It doesn't by itself entitle you to anything either, really. It's pretty easy to be a crappy customer to a store for 10 years and be an awesome customer to a store for 3 months. The time itself is irrelevant.

What really matters to you, Donovan? Is it just the flag on your [strikethrough]Sim[/strikethrough] Avatar Page, or is it something else? You shouldn't let someone else's definition of what "founder" means diminish what it means to you.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Let's set the record straight where I stand. I have no problem with having the 'original' founder date being moved and am entirely in support of it.

I think recognizing players that have been here nearly as long as the beginning bunch is very special because even though they didn't 'put up with as much crap' as the very very first players did, they have been here just nearly as long and in my eyes deserve to be recognized for it.

The definition of "Founder" to me is NOT "I put up with more crap than you did" club. The word "Founder" to me, means being the base component which the game was built on. To me the very first subscribers are just as much founders as the beta players. (and may I point out, the game was no cakewalk even after going live?)

As for you and Shari, I have what I have. I could just sit back and do nothing. I could sit here and say nothing. I could sit here and let the "I put up with more crap that you did" people steamroll over very deserving members of our community. But I'm not going to.

As a moderator, I'm a bit concerned that YOU Shari would try 'intimidate' me into silencing my viewpoint. I have never told anyone they can't have their opinions of things. But that doesn't mean I can't have MY opinion either.

So if you make a statement here, you should very well be ready to take some response or not make it at all. I am a total believer in 'healthy debate' but some of you folks like to turn it personal and that's just not cool in my book.

I'm not in any way intimidated by 'other' players having more than me, unlike some other people. I've learned a long time ago while playing TSO that it is fun seeing your friends succeed and be happy in the game too. Because if they aren't happy, they don't stay and then you don't have them anymore.

I'm sorry if there are readers out there that have a problem with me wanting to see my fellow players be happy but in the end that's their problem not mine!

(Technically speaking this is a new game...."Ealand". EA doesn't have to really recognize any of the 'original' TSO founders at all because this isn't TSO any longer. Has anyone thought of that? Maybe we should be thankful to keep the 'special' TSO founder status at all.)

G

I've seen alot of bios in-game, saying.."back from a 2 year break" or "played in 2003". A majority of those bios have been "founder accounts". My question is, why are you getting so upset because of a 6 month extension? Are you anymore deserving of an EALand Founder icon than those who activated within the six months after Beta just because you signed back up before April 30th? I think not.

G

its about time.... i was a beta tester and all this time i never recieved my founder benifits.. didnt really need the icon to know but sure would have been nice to get what i had earned. I was there like everyone else so yes them doing this i feel is a good thing. Im sure im not the only one that got jipped out of their founders stuff.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I've seen alot of bios in-game, saying.."back from a 2 year break" or "played in 2003". A majority of those bios have been "founder accounts". My question is, why are you getting so upset because of a 6 month extension? Are you anymore deserving of an EALand Founder icon than those who activated within the six months after Beta just because you signed back up before April 30th? I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...you must have read my mind because I had thought of that.

It's kinda ironic isn't it...just because they have a flag on their account, doesn't necessarily mean they will have the full entitlement does it?

Back when we started dreaming of the new city and the new day in TSO, we had this long list of 'Wishes'. It was hard to imagine that EA would actually DO an amnesty back when it was first suggested. It was hard to imagine EA actually 'regifting' anniversary gifts. In fact, I don't think I was alone in thinking the end was near for TSO. (And it was very very close too.)

With the plans for Amnesty, regifting anniversary gifts, and the rest, we the players are getting so much more than I ever thought we would.

Looking at it from EA's Business point of view....'expanding' the original founder cut off date, is probably a good idea. Players with 'original' founder accounts are more likely to keep that account open. And instead of just 'closing' the account when they are tired, they sell it to another player who continues to keep paying for it.

So we the players win!! I'm all for us getting more because EA needs us!

G

<blockquote><hr>

As for you and Shari, I have what I have. I could just sit back and do nothing. I could sit here and say nothing. I could sit here and let the "I put up with more crap that you did" people steamroll over very deserving members of our community. But I'm not going to.

As a moderator, I'm a bit concerned that YOU Shari would try 'intimidate' me into silencing my viewpoint. I have never told anyone they can't have their opinions of things. But that doesn't mean I can't have MY opinion either.

So if you make a statement here, you should very well be ready to take some response or not make it at all. I am a total believer in 'healthy debate' but some of you folks like to turn it personal and that's just not cool in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]
The point is not that you posted - go ahead - read my post again but how you posted. NOWHERE did I try to intimidate you or say you could not post. My point is that you can express your opinion without dumping on other players opinions but you chose not to. Trying to drag my mod status into is YOU making it personal - I pay and play for this game just like anyone else. Just because something is petty to you doesn't mean it is to someone else. Perhaps you should take a second look at your own advice.

Obviously everyone wants different things. EA is ultimately going to decide regardless of what we think but they should at least have input from all sides. According to you people should just stop being petty and enjoy what they have, but they could miss a valuable oppurtunity to give their input.

I have been playing since beta. It does not bother me one bit that they are extending amnesty. I love the whole idea though... the objects are fun and neat to have and I don't mind if 12039812 other people have them, mine have personal value. And I can't wait! I know many other people find it hard to wait for objects they lost or long ago gave away too.

G

Exactly! I'm proud knowing my amnesty will be well earned from paying my $9.99 every month, not from some EA promotion deal.

C

Creed84

Actually all in , in all, it is the majority fo the founders that left the game. Actually I notice the ones who say started 3 to 4 years ago have been the ones who really stuck around and never gave up hope for the game. BTW been on TSO since june 2003. I have watched a lot during those years. It would not offend me the least to see all those accounts created prior to december 31st 2006 get a founder status and flag. It would not offend me the least. It is those players I have seen appear since about 2004 that have been a main stay in the tso community. Some even came back after having their accounts stripped because they couldnt get online because they were wiped out of homes and property due to hurricanes Rita, Ivan, and Katrina. Now that is some dedicated people there. BTW those of us who have been around since the first year of tso, have the tokens that say so. Wouldnt offend me at all if TSO founder status was moved up to say December 31st 2006.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

]
The point is not that you posted - go ahead - read my post again but how you posted. NOWHERE did I try to intimidate you or say you could not post. My point is that you can express your opinion without dumping on other players opinions but you chose not to. Trying to drag my mod status into is YOU making it personal - I pay and play for this game just like anyone else. Just because something is petty to you doesn't mean it is to someone else. Perhaps you should take a second look at your own advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe my posts have not been fully read or comprehended. Or are you just using 'selective' reading? You are using 'selective' quoting...mind if I selective quote you?

Do you have any idea how sick many of us are at opening stratics and seeing thread after thread of people doing nothing but "They don't deserve to get that"?

I for one am very very very disgusted and tired of some 'beta' people being disrespectful of the people that aren't. Beta people aren't the only ones that have kept this game alive all these years and it's time for everyone to start remembering that. And there are some people here that will just have a negative response to your comment without even giving a reason for it. Just an arbitrary response either like "Who are you? Anybody?" Some folks don't mind making 'religious' statements forgetting totally that some of us don't appreciate it AT ALL!!!

Do you know that I actually stopped logging in my original accounts a few years ago specifically because of the attitudes I've seen here? I almost pulled the plug on it just because I hated being a founder. The only reason I still have it is because it represents a time in TSO when things were better.

Things will be better again for sims but not if people can't let go and just be happy for others when things work out for them.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I completely understand where you are coming from Dutch. After two years as a founder of the game I finally took the plunge and subscribed to a second account just so that I could get away from the stigma of being a founder often associated with the title. Most of the time, I do not mind being a founder and enjoy helping new players that come to me for help. However, it becomes difficult when other founders taint my reputation with higher than thou attitudes. I can't count the number of times a total stranger has said something in game to me like...."oh, you are one of those founder people". Like it was a bad thing!

However, I also agree that at times you can post very hurtful, demeaning attacks towards people that do not agree with your view point. Take a deep breath and go back to read some of your posts. A few editing choices to take out the "attacking" comments made would go a long way in giving your view points more crediblity.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe my posts have not been fully read or comprehended. Or are you just using 'selective' reading? You are using 'selective' quoting...mind if I selective quote you?

Do you have any idea how sick many of us are at opening stratics and seeing thread after thread of people doing nothing but "They don't deserve to get that"?

I for one am very very very disgusted and tired of some 'beta' people being disrespectful of the people that aren't. Beta people aren't the only ones that have kept this game alive all these years and it's time for everyone to start remembering that. And there are some people here that will just have a negative response to your comment without even giving a reason for it. Just an arbitrary response either like "Who are you? Anybody?" Some folks don't mind making 'religious' statements forgetting totally that some of us don't appreciate it AT ALL!!!

Do you know that I actually stopped logging in my original accounts a few years ago specifically because of the attitudes I've seen here? I almost pulled the plug on it just because I hated being a founder. The only reason I still have it is because it represents a time in TSO when things were better.

Things will be better again for sims but not if people can't let go and just be happy for others when things work out for them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Geez, do you EVER read what you write??????
None of this 'truth and justice for all' attitude ever comes through in your responses to people you disagree with. You misinterpret what is intended nearly every time.
You belittle, insult, ridicule, etc. for no reason, then you get mad when somebody responds in kind. It's like YOU have the right to be viscious and damn anybody who objects.
I don't remember you being like this 2 months ago - what the hell happened?

G

<blockquote><hr>

That's not the point.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it is.
People were justifying their support of the devs decision by saying everybody is entitled to recognition for their part in the development of the game, whether they participated in beta or not.
This suggestion is offered in support of that argument.

G

I am surprised! This is new information for me. I never noticed any reaction - good or bad to being a founder. About half of my good friends in game were founders too... it was never an issue. Then again... none of my friends ever posted on Stratics. Maybe that is the difference?

The boards are always filled with negative threads. I know that everyone has a point when they get fed up and those posts are here too. Maybe it is the sheer volume of the new posts and threads lately with the opening of EALand that overwhelms posters.

Really though, any founder arrogance won't make much difference, there seem to be plenty of other people voicing their opinions too and already EA is going for accomodating more people rather than less with amnesty.

J

jammybob

My personal input in this is that in my opinion it really doesnt matter what date they set. However, those that were here when the game went live are "founders". If they wish to push the date forward, then the word "founder" shouldnt be used. The foundation for TSO was set in beta days when we had wipes galore and were basically guinea pigs for the testers.
To save all arguments, why not have 2 symbols..... perhaps one with a circle around it for "founders" and another one for "early settlers"?
Give all of them simmies etc and everyone will be happy right?
Or perhaps not....hehe

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Geez, do you EVER read what you write??????
None of this 'truth and justice for all' attitude ever comes through in your responses to people you disagree with. You misinterpret what is intended nearly every time.
You belittle, insult, ridicule, etc. for no reason, then you get mad when somebody responds in kind. It's like YOU have the right to be viscious and damn anybody who objects.
I don't remember you being like this 2 months ago - what the hell happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two wrongs don't make a right......this is a concept all of us bring our children up with, so even IF she is vicious to anybody with her posts, given that to wrongs don't make a right how is it justifiable to respond to her in kind? If it's wrong for her to do it to start with, then it's equally wrong for anybody to respond that way. "She started it!!!!" is an excuse you hear from elementary school kids, and even when I used it it never kept me from being punished by my parents for my part in a wrong-doing.

Simply put, your argument is invalid. Her (perceived) nastiness does not in anyway justify you or anybody else responding in kind. It's trolling in both directions and wrong in both directions, therefore you are just as guilty and no better than she is.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

LMAO!!!

All this just because I basically tired and disgusted by yet another 'they don't deserve it' thread? I've actually been trying to stay away from these types of threads because they are hot topics.

Maybe they need to put in another 'area' called "EAland Hot Topic Club" and people wanting make hot topic discussion threads can place them there?

I saw the word "Amnesty" thinking maybe some info on the process....click on it and it's just another 'argument in the making' thread. Ugh...lured me in.

I'm just glad for a couple of my friends that have been here pretty close to the beginning. It's made them very happy to be considered as founders after all these years.

G

<blockquote><hr>

My personal input in this is that in my opinion it really doesnt matter what date they set. However, those that were here when the game went live are "founders". If they wish to push the date forward, then the word "founder" shouldnt be used. The foundation for TSO was set in beta days when we had wipes galore and were basically guinea pigs for the testers.
To save all arguments, why not have 2 symbols..... perhaps one with a circle around it for "founders" and another one for "early settlers"?
Give all of them simmies etc and everyone will be happy right?
Or perhaps not....hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point, but part of it that I believe they are now recognizing is that this game was not ready for it's launch on December 17, 2002. MANY of the founders who were there at that time told EA this, and many of those who are still here now believe that this fact has contributed to TSO never really meeting expectations. Perhaps if they HAD delayed the release of the game to June 2003 instead of trying to rush the game to hit the shelves for Christmas 2002, the outcome would have been different. Perhaps not, as well.....nobody can change the events of history to turn back the clock and make a different decision to see if it would have lead to a different outcome, but by changing the founder date it says to me that they *might* be acknowledging this fact that players who played from 1/03 to 6/03 dealt with the majority of the bugs we did in beta, *and* paid to do so, just as beta players for EA Land are paying now. They can't just come out and say it and still save face, but that's exactly what extending the founder date, thereby essentially extending the official beta period, says to me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

LMAO!!!

All this just because I basically tired and disgusted by yet another 'they don't deserve it' thread? I've actually been trying to stay away from these types of threads because they are hot topics.

Maybe they need to put in another 'area' called "EAland Hot Topic Club" and people wanting make hot topic discussion threads can place them there?

I saw the word "Amnesty" thinking maybe some info on the process....click on it and it's just another 'argument in the making' thread. Ugh...lured me in.

I'm just glad for a couple of my friends that have been here pretty close to the beginning. It's made them very happy to be considered as founders after all these years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't misunderstand, I do not perceive you as having been anymore nasty than anybody else. My point was that even if you had been, that doesn't provide justficiation for anybody else to do it. From my vantage point all you did was tell it like it was just anybody else did. Not sugar-coating things does not necessarily equal nastiness, either. Bottom line is if he's gonna say that it's wrong for you or anybody else to be nasty or belittle him, then it's hypocritical to then turn around and do it back, all the while stating that its OK because somebody else did it first. Pffft.....make up your mind already. LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am surprised! This is new information for me. I never noticed any reaction - good or bad to being a founder. About half of my good friends in game were founders too... it was never an issue. Then again... none of my friends ever posted on Stratics. Maybe that is the difference?

The boards are always filled with negative threads. I know that everyone has a point when they get fed up and those posts are here too. Maybe it is the sheer volume of the new posts and threads lately with the opening of EALand that overwhelms posters.

Really though, any founder arrogance won't make much difference, there seem to be plenty of other people voicing their opinions too and already EA is going for accomodating more people rather than less with amnesty.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here - the worst I ever got was, "Wow, I didn't know there were still any of you left."
Sorry you got that kind of treatment, Gracie.

G

Is the show over? ty all for entertaining me while EA Land was down.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Is the show over? ty all for entertaining me while EA Land was down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, move along, nothing more to see......we now take you back to your regularly scheduled skilling. LOL

P

PoindeJ

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

That's not the point.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it is.
People were justifying their support of the devs decision by saying everybody is entitled to recognition for their part in the development of the game, whether they participated in beta or not.
This suggestion is offered in support of that argument.

[/ QUOTE ]
And I disagree.

How is everybody "entitled" to recognition for their part of the game development? I don't think it says anywhere in the ToS that you get some sort of privilege or reward, material or otherwise, for being in the game for a certain amount of time. If EA wanted to, they could have completely taken away "founder" status, just like they've taken away the names "Sim" and "Simolean". That would have been perfectly justifiable.

I never understood the founder recognition as some kind of "I've been playing longer than you" badge, though perhaps others saw it that way. By that vein of thinking, shouldn't there be "generations" within people who played in beta? Shouldn't someone who started playing in October 2002 get some kind of bonus that someone who started on December 16, 2002 wouldn't "deserve"?

I'm saying that all this stuff is beside the point, and that amnesty is supposed to let us move on together, rather than get stuck in the semantics of everything.

V

vapd3317

to NOIP;

Okay, so now I get founder status. wow,...yippee,..hootie hoot. Sorry, but that really means nothing to me. (Although I have always secretly envied owning a simmie)

I by all means do not mean to degrade the so called status of founders, and believe that those INITIAL founders DO DESERVE a form of psuedo status. I however am not impressed one way or another with if a person has founder status. I thank you for what you went through to bring the game live. I seriously do. And, I can understand how you feel slighted by the decision to "gift" other players founder status.

Some of us however don't give a rats poop shoot about titles in game. Its not a title we make friends with, its the person behind the title.

I dont care if ya call me noob, founder, or caca face,...... I'm still gonna be just me. Well,....just don't call me late for dinner

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

I'm thrilled about all over this, but I do wonder why its extended to June and not April? But heck, why even question *that*?

*Applauds the DEVs and hurries off to bake some triple-chocolate fudge brownies*

G

<blockquote><hr>

to NOIP;

Okay, so now I get founder status. wow,...yippee,..hootie hoot. Sorry, but that really means nothing to me. (Although I have always secretly envied owning a simmie)

I by all means do not mean to degrade the so called status of founders, and believe that those INITIAL founders DO DESERVE a form of psuedo status. I however am not impressed one way or another with if a person has founder status. I thank you for what you went through to bring the game live. I seriously do. And, I can understand how you feel slighted by the decision to "gift" other players founder status.

Some of us however don't give a rats poop shoot about titles in game. Its not a title we make friends with, its the person behind the title.

I dont care if ya call me noob, founder, or caca face,...... I'm still gonna be just me. Well,....just don't call me late for dinner

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
I actually did sorta LOL... right on.

Also, I am still of mind that anything we get now that is "TSO" ish is bonus.
What the devs are doing is the fairest all around. I've said many times that "no fair" has not been a valid argument since I was five... but really what they are doing is going to make the majority of the people happy.

That old saying of "you can't please all of the people all of the time" will always be true. And while I feel bad that some people truly feel slighted, and passionately so, about this decision. I can't help but wonder if this is really the battle to pick.

I mean it seems what is done is done. I doubt that EA will reverse this decsion based on a few upset ppl whether they played and paid all the way since beta, or just returned to the game.

it appears we will not get amnesty on our specific terms. This is the next best thing.
Your updated age will show that you've been here for the long haul.

Could be worse... EA could start selling founder symbols.

(kidding)

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

to NOIP;

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
I actually did sorta LOL... right on.

Also, I am still of mind that anything we get now that is "TSO" ish is bonus.
What the devs are doing is the fairest all around. I've said many times that "no fair" has not been a valid argument since I was five... but really what they are doing is going to make the majority of the people happy.

That old saying of "you can't please all of the people all of the time" will always be true. And while I feel bad that some people truly feel slighted, and passionately so, about this decision. I can't help but wonder if this is really the battle to pick.

I mean it seems what is done is done. I doubt that EA will reverse this decsion based on a few upset ppl whether they played and paid all the way since beta, or just returned to the game.

it appears we will not get amnesty on our specific terms. This is the next best thing.
Your updated age will show that you've been here for the long haul.

Could be worse... EA could start selling founder symbols.

(kidding)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.... I am however rather fond of the title: Special Agent Poopie Pants

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't either, but that's not the point.

People with flags, titles, bells and whistles, and whatever other free pseudo-status things EA can dream up stick around longer than those who don't. So expand it and give fancy founder status to more people will be just swell. More happy people and better player retention, right?

What EA forgot is that there actually are a decent amount of founders that take offense at EA expanding their elite club to include people that they feel don't deserve to be in it. It makes them feel diminished, annoyed, and insulted.

As long as more of the "new founders" stick around longer because of their new pseudo-status I doubt EA cares if the old founders whine or even leave. They gain more than they lose by this.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

Exactly! I'm sure the sympathize with us golden oldies, but in the long-run, all that matters to EA is if the *majority* is happy and taken care of. Everyone will have their issues with everything at some point. All the DEVs can do is hope that they make the right choice and sit back and watch

More power to the DEVs
Keep up the great work!

Hehe, sorry for my over enthusiasm, I'm trying to make up for the lack of it in others!

G

<blockquote><hr>

And I disagree.

How is everybody "entitled" to recognition for their part of the game development? I don't think it says anywhere in the ToS that you get some sort of privilege or reward, material or otherwise, for being in the game for a certain amount of time. If EA wanted to, they could have completely taken away "founder" status, just like they've taken away the names "Sim" and "Simolean". That would have been perfectly justifiable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Disagree all you want - but if you must make an issue of it - direct it at the "People (who) were justifying their support of the devs decision by saying everybody is entitled to recognition for their part in the development of the game, whether they participated in beta or not."

I

imported_Salarah

Just wondering, how many of the "Founders" are the real deal?? For years and years founder accounts sold like hotcakes on eBay. The elite pool was watered down years and years ago, sold to the highest bidder. I prefer EA's basis of granting accounts the elite :Founder: status, than that of the greedy, speedy, exiting :last one out don't forget to turn the lights out: Sold Out Founders". <font color="green"> </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just wondering, how many of the "Founders" are the real deal?? For years and years founder accounts sold like hotcakes on eBay. The elite pool was watered down years and years ago, sold to the highest bidder. I prefer EA's basis of granting accounts the elite :Founder: status, than that of the greedy, speedy, exiting :last one out don't forget to turn the lights out: Sold Out Founders". <font color="green"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

o snap...
right on.