• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Amnesty!!!

• Thread starter imported_Rare-Buyer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

Pixified

Question - The skill lock thing says the calculation will happen once every day during the amnesty period. So does that mean that when we come back from maint. right now or like tomorrow morning the current EA Land avatars will have their entitled skill locks? OR is this happening at a later time?

Confusing...lol

G

You know i just realized that my account showed created is 11/04. I started in 2/03. I need to e-mail the dev team to find out what is up with this. I wanna be a TSO founder... lol

G

GregK

The skill lock script for amnesty is NOT quite ready for prime time.

We will let everyone know when we have starting running it so we can make sure it is working.

Thanks
gk

J

JustinKase

From the Amnesty Blog.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

TSO Founder

The current TSO founder date is December 17, 2002. The new founder date will be June 17, 2003 (i.e. plus 6 months). Note: this is not to be confused with EA-Land founder which will be accounts in good standing after July 1, 2007 and prior April 30, 2008.

Accounts created prior to June 17, 2003 will be considered TSO founders and will receive three (3) simmies in EA-Land and one (1) simmy in TC3. The simmies will be deposited in the inventory of the primary avatar of that account.

If an account has no avatar on one or both cities, the first avatar created in that city will receive the Simmy/Simmies.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

WOOHOO! I created in March 2003. One question i have not answered above is will you be adding the TSO Founder Icon to these accounts since we dont currently have them?

G

I just hope you goin' to have 274% after the Amnesty of Skill Locks

G

<blockquote><hr>

We will let everyone know when we have starting running it so we can make sure it is working.

Thanks
gk

[/ QUOTE ]
Gee - if you're going to make Founders out of players that joined 7 months after the game went live, why not include everyone up until the day before yesterday?

P

Pixified

This also is exciting because now the rare business won't be so bustling anymore!
With three of each anniversary gift.
The rare business always was blown a bit too out of proportion. In my opinion at least.

P

Pixified

I feel like I'm asking too many questions.
Anyways.

Also - will we now get a founder icon if we are a newly dubbed founder? Also will our entitled age now be our sims age? Probably no...but just thought I'd ask!

G

ok, im a little confused with the simmies and anniversary gifts.
does this mean that they are giving everyone who is entitled 3 simmies in ea land and 1 in TC3, even tho i got one (but lost it) back in beta??
same goes for the anniversary gifts. i have received up to the campfire. so will i be getting 3 of each gift in ea land (1 in tc3) even tho i have already got them??
*is confused* lol

K

Kymberleigh

I do not think it is right to make the founder date for TSO extended. We (the ones that are orginal founders) are the ones that went through the daily resets and always having to start over. I think that the founders should be who they are now. I mean I got ripped outta trees, now I am going to have more people that can say they are TSO founders? What makes that fair to us *old timers*? Of course I guess we can say... What in life is fair? I am really upset about this and think you guys need to rethink it!!!

J

JustinKase

<blockquote><hr>

I do not think it is right to make the founder date for TSO extended. We (the ones that are orginal founders) are the ones that went through the daily resets and always having to start over. I think that the founders should be who they are now. I mean I got ripped outta trees, now I am going to have more people that can say they are TSO founders? What makes that fair to us *old timers*? Of course I guess we can say... What in life is fair? I am really upset about this and think you guys need to rethink it!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

we were there too, just because you created in november and have your icon and one of us created in late december or january, feb, or march, how does that mean u deserve it more than us? because u had to deal with it a cpl extra months, come on, get over yourself! There are bigger problems to worry about than your feelings!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Gee - if you're going to make Founders out of players that joined 7 months after the game went live, why not include everyone up until the day before yesterday?

[/ QUOTE ]I created on December 18th, 2002, Japan Standard Time. I missed being a founder literally by a few hours! I came to accept that, but now - being granted founder status after all this time - this has been a wonderful and completely unexpected surprise - one that I am absolutely thankful for!

G

<blockquote><hr>

http://www.ea-land.ea.com/blog/

And all the math made my head hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I am a little confused myself. The only thing I could pick up on that was different is that avatars who don't make it in for amnesty will only get 10 locks to start out with, not 20 like it is currently after the first maintenance after a new avatar is created? Is that really the only difference? If not then what exactly is this *new algorithm*?

F

Fool at TC

<blockquote><hr>

ok, im a little confused with the simmies and anniversary gifts.
does this mean that they are giving everyone who is entitled 3 simmies in ea land and 1 in TC3, even tho i got one (but lost it) back in beta??
same goes for the anniversary gifts. i have received up to the campfire. so will i be getting 3 of each gift in ea land (1 in tc3) even tho i have already got them??
*is confused* lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, even if you already had/have them. And I believe its 2 in EAland and 1 in TC3.

Question-
Will we be able to move sims from TC3 to EAL any time in the future?

K

Kymberleigh

But June? Whats up with that? That is 6 months later .. and I think that I can voice my opinion without your putting me down for how I feel.

G

NVM

Pari jumped in right behind me and answered my question as to why the deadline for founders was extended. Thank you for reading my mind.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the main issues in our internal debates was the European players. Originally, TSO was going to be released there, and then it wasn't... too much confusion. Quite a few of our European and Asian players that played in beta were never considered founders because of that confusion.

I invite everyone to keep in mind that the main reason we're doing the Amnesty Program is to clean the slate and we can start fresh going forward.

G

She was correct 3 in EA Land and 1 in TC3. They will never allow moves between the 2 cities.

G

<blockquote><hr>

But June? Whats up with that? That is 6 months later .. and I think that I can voice my opinion without your putting me down for how I feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a founder flag. Seriously, he's right we (yes we, I am an original founder too) need to get over ourselves. We have never been any better than non-founders are, and we didn't even do as much as EA Land Founders are doing now. We did not PAY to beta test the original game like those who are EA Land Founders do now, and I have to hope that maybe being considered full fledged founders will end alot of the sour grapes that some players now have about beta testing this game. It is presentations of attitudes like this that made some people think that ALL founders feel the way the post above and the other derrogatory post suggests, and I for one don't appreciate anybody giving the title Founder a bad name by bringing a bad attitude with it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the main issues in our internal debates was the European players. Originally, TSO was going to be released there, and then it wasn't... too much confusion. Quite a few of our European and Asian players that played in beta were never considered founders because of that confusion.

I invite everyone to keep in mind that the main reason we're doing the Amnesty Program is to clean the slate and we can start fresh going forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not consider that aspect even. I really hope this will help some of our European players who have felt like 'second-class citizens' and have vocalized it several times along the years realize that their contribution to the game is every bit as valuable as ours who live in the United States, and I for one applaud EA for even partially rectifying that wrong.

G

I agree, I could see extending to the end of Dec 02 or even Jan 03 but June?? That seems strange to me. On the one hand 2 more of my accts will get simmys having been created before June 03, but it doesnt seem right somehow. *shrugs*

edit: ok now seeing Pari's answer that makes more sense...thanks!

J

JustinKase

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a founder flag. Seriously, he's right we (yes we, I am an original founder too) need to get over ourselves. We have never been any better than non-founders are, and we didn't even do as much as EA Land Founders are doing now. We did not PAY to beta test the original game like those who are EA Land Founders do now, and I have to hope that maybe being considered full fledged founders will end alot of the sour grapes that some players now have about beta testing this game. It is presentations of attitudes like this that made some people think that ALL founders feel the way the post above and the other derrogatory post suggests, and I for one don't appreciate anybody giving the title Founder a bad name by bringing a bad attitude with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said!! and i agree with all of it, its not like by granting those of us who joined until june 03 founder status is taking ANYTHING away from you as a current tso founder, just recognizes those of us who have been here for 5+ years as well and were also here for the start of TSO as you were. You guys get credit why shouldn't we as well. You dont loose anything at all by this, and i dont see how that type of attitude helps anything.

and not all founders think like this one, just like not all ________ people ________________.....you fill in the blanks, Just another stereotype that dosn't always fit the mold. But one poor attitude does reflect poorly on the rest of the current TSO founders.

G

5 changes
Comprehension 101: LOL
1) Skill locks can be gained but not lost. (Your main avatar will not be deleted if you lapse)
2) Events or other programs, like skill lock amnesty, may add skill locks. (There may be future events in which you can gain skill locks)
3) All new avatars will receive 10 locks. (Self explanitory)
4) Each 21 days of avatar age on a Premium or Founder account will accumulate 1 lock. Free players accumulate no locks. (Free players are currently accumilating locks)
5) However, if a player goes from paying to free the avatar they maintain retains their locks accumulated. They of course do not continue to accumulate (Main avatar will be saved, they will not accumulate locks during lapsed time)

Which ones do you need explained?

K

Kymberleigh

Re: Amnesty!!! [Re: CBrewton5]
#723266 - 03/25/08 04:25 PM Edit Reply Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very well said!! and i agree with all of it, its not like by granting those of us who joined until june 03 founder status is taking ANYTHING away from you as a current tso founder, just recognizes those of us who have been here for 5+ years as well and were also here for the start of TSO as you were. You guys get credit why shouldn't we as well. You dont loose anything at all by this, and i dont see how that type of attitude helps anything.

and not all founders think like this one, just like not all ________ people ________________.....you fill in the blanks, Just another stereotype that dosn't always fit the mold. But one poor attitude does reflect poorly on the rest of the current TSO founders.
---------------------------------------

Justin .. I have an opinion and I have my right to that .. After Pari gave her explantion I could understand more. I dont think all of the snide remarks are needed ..

G

<blockquote><hr>

5 changes
1) Skill locks can be gained but not lost.
2) Events or other programs, like skill lock amnesty, may add skill locks.
3) All new avatars will receive 10 locks.
4) Each 21 days of avatar age on a Premium or Founder account will accumulate 1 lock. Free players accumulate no locks.
5) However, if a player goes from paying to free the avatar they maintain retains their locks accumulated. They of course do not continue to accumulate

1 and 5 are kinda the same. Which ones do you nee explained?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Players never could lose locks unless they deleted an avatar since it was based on sim age, so it was already a given that since its not gonna be based on sim age that skill locks could not be lost with recreation, so that's not 'news'.

2) Has nothing to do with a 'new algorithm' that's special things that will add to some but not to everybody which puts it in a different category

3) Yes, this is new, so the current skill lock chart can have every value except the first one minused by 10, unless the players get in for amnesty

4) Aside from Free players accumulating new locks, this is not different from the way things work now either other than the 21 days being entitlement days and not sim age, but every 21 days is every 21 days.

5)Same as number 4, but again not anything we didn't already know.

So AGAIN the only significant change I am seeing is that new avatars not qualifying for amnesty will get 10 less locks than people who do qualify for amnesty. Can anybody tell me something significant I'm missing without just quoting the original post? I can read LOL, and I even have pretty good reading comprehension, which is why I am just kinda perplexed why a big long post was written that didn't really contain any new information other than the start of skill locks at 10 instead of 20, and I figured other people might be left kinda scratching their head and going ".......and???" kinda like I was. Oh well, if nothing else I'll add this to my list of questions for Wednesday and report back the answer that I get straight from a dev for the benefit of anybody else who might be confused

G

<blockquote><hr>

Re: Amnesty!!! [Re: CBrewton5]
#723266 - 03/25/08 04:25 PM Edit Reply Quote

---------------------------------------

Justin .. I have an opinion and I have my right to that .. After Pari gave her explantion I could understand more. I dont think all of the snide remarks are needed ..

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right.....they're not.....from either side. If you look there's just as many snide comments coming from people who agree with you as from people who don't.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I updated my post to help you out a lil more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the unsarcastic and unsnide 'help' but the edit didn't help any more than the original post did, so I am gonna wait and see if anybody else wants to be helpful.

C

Carter'

Based on entitlement days.
1 year gift – pet statue
2 year gift – mystic tree
3 year gift – camp fire
4 year gift –4th year landmark.
5 year gift – 5th year cannon.
The oldest avatar on each account will receive three (3) of each gift in EA-Land and one (1) of each gift in TC3.

So according to what i quited i will get 3 trees 3 statues?! WOOT

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for saying that! I was thinking the same thing. I don't think this fair to us true founders.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Based on entitlement days.
1 year gift – pet statue
2 year gift – mystic tree
3 year gift – camp fire
4 year gift –4th year landmark.
5 year gift – 5th year cannon.
The oldest avatar on each account will receive three (3) of each gift in EA-Land and one (1) of each gift in TC3.

So according to what i quited i will get 3 trees 3 statues?! WOOT

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I correct after re-reading this that every avatar on an account won't be reissued gifts at amnesty? Nowhere in the blog post does it state this, and I for one am tickled pink if they corrected this mistake before it was actually made and only talked about being made. Greg's post says "at least 1 avatar on each account" which says to me that they might only issue 1 first year, 1 second year and 1 third year based on whatever the account is entitled to, and if so then YAY they will stay rares and the economy can benefit from having these rare objects stay in the game. Did I read this correctly?

G

From the blog:
<blockquote><hr>

If the account has no avatar on one or both cities, the first avatar created in that city will receive the gifts.

[/ QUOTE ]

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, ITA! Not happy about this at all. We worked our butts off in beta, just like we are now. Now we're going to have people who didn't go through it from the very beginning being called founders. How is that fair? Can't quite understand that logic, and yes, you definitely need to reconsider this one because I don't see the logic behind this one AT ALL.

I

imported_Poppy Darling

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the choice of June 2003 either. I live in England and took part in the Beta test from October 2002. I received a founder flag and founder status. As far as I am aware the only difference between American players and European players was the fact that we did not start paying a subscription until 1st April 2003.
So why June and not April?

G

As one who apparently has been converted retroactively into a Founder, I suppose I should be grateful for it and not look a gift horse, uh, simmy, uh, avatary, uh, whatever in the mouth. However, I would trade that and the rest of my pending entitlements for a game that worked well. Playing the game should be its own reward, not these bribes to keep playing when the game falls short. I guess some people will eat cereal they don't like to get the free toy inside.

I almost never notice who is or isn't a Founder and haven't bothered to figure out which of the various status symbols mean what. I do notice who seems to be having fun, helping people, doing interesting things, creating a community, and making me want to login again. Sometimes they are Founders, sometimes they are newcomers with a fresh outlook, sometimes they are people who have been playing for only 60 months instead of the required 66.

S

Sean Kendrick

Finally! I love everything in the blog post, no arguments here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, ITA! Not happy about this at all. We worked our butts off in beta, just like we are now. Now we're going to have people who didn't go through it from the very beginning being called founders. How is that fair? Can't quite understand that logic, and yes, you definitely need to reconsider this one because I don't see the logic behind this one AT ALL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read Pari's post about part of the reasoning behind this being that some of the European players who did work their butts off in beta, just like we are now were denied founder status simply because the game was not released over there? This fixes that for them, and also for the American players who played beta but were in that *dead period* of account creation where founder flags were not issued that should have been. So it gives a few more player besides just those two categories a founder flag......and? It doesn't belittle my having gone through the ups-and-downs of beta one bit to me, so why should you let that belittle your accomplishment in your own eyes?

I

imported_Poppy Darling

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read Pari's post about part of the reasoning behind this being that some of the European players who did work their butts off in beta, just like we are now were denied founder status simply because the game was not released over there? This fixes that for them, and also for the American players who played beta but were in that *dead period* of account creation where founder flags were not issued that should have been. So it gives a few more player besides just those two categories a founder flag......and? It doesn't belittle my having gone through the ups-and-downs of beta one bit to me, so why should you let that belittle your accomplishment in your own eyes?

[/ QUOTE ]

European Beta testers were not denied founder status, I have 2 Beta accounts with founder flags to prove it.

G

this is just my opinion but...

I think it’s wrong to give “founder” status to those who joined AFTER it went live. I took part in beta.. I helped with testing… THAT to me is a TRUE founder!

Beta involvement only should be the ONLY ones to get the recognition of founders… we’re the ones who went through all the wipes and had to constantly rebuild… we’re the one’s who on Nov 27th had to rush back into the cities just to make sure we got our names… why give the honor to those who started AFTER it went up for sale in stores and went live????

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

this is just my opinion but...

I think it’s wrong to give “founder” status to those who joined AFTER it went live. I took part in beta.. I helped with testing… THAT to me is a TRUE founder!

Beta involvement only should be the ONLY ones to get the recognition of founders… we’re the ones who went through all the wipes and had to constantly rebuild… we’re the one’s who on Nov 27th had to rush back into the cities just to make sure we got our names… why give the honor to those who started AFTER it went up for sale in stores and went live????

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for saying what I did...even if you did say it better. That's why I don't see this as being fair.

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

I agree w/ you on that one .... How ever ... Just because you were in before Dec 17, 2002... And I made it Jan 1,2003... I missed it, just by a lil bit

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

Well said.... I dont think i could of said it any better