• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Amnesty!!!

• Thread starter imported_Rare-Buyer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

Just out of courosity .... You i assume came to TSO before Dec 17, 2002... So you are a "true" founder .... Congrats

But I who came Jan 2003.. Does that make me any less of a founder .... than you, We all went through the trials of TSO... so how is your status better than mine ?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree w/ you on that one .... How ever ... Just because you were in before Dec 17, 2002... And I made it Jan 1,2003... I missed it, just by a lil bit

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.....maybe.......MAYBE extending it all the way into June is going little far in the opposite extreme, but it is beneficial to alot of people who missed being a founder by just a few days, and the European players who were denied founder status because of the game not being released (though why it was denied to some and not others, I'd be interested to know if what Poppy says is true), so the benefits outweigh the fact that the date was extended so far into 2003 instead of just being February 03 or April 03 in my mind. What's done is done and they have made their decision and I am not about to show my arse and pout, kick or scream because somebody else is receiving the same founder flag I did for going through beta. Those players are here *now* and are PAYING to be gluttons for punishment....if giving them original founder status makes them feel better about that fact, then that's great in my book. It doesn't diminish my accomplishment of having made it through the first beta and the intention to make it through this one one single iota.

G

To my knowledge, European players were NOT denied founder status. The ones I knew from Beta days were and are founders the same as anybody else, no matter their nationality. The only issue was that the game was not "officially" released in Europe. I believe (if I remember correctly) it was originally to be released in March but then was postponed until eventually it was learned that they were SOL.

Where is AJ when you need him????

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

Using the original Amnesty Post ......

A few questions reguarding the Amnesty :

Ok ... Im shocked and confused for a few moments here.... They are changing the Date for TSO founder ....

TSO Founder
The current TSO founder date is December 17, 2002. The new founder date will be June 17, 2003 (i.e. plus 6 months). Note: this is not to be confused with EA-Land founder which will be accounts in good standing after July 1, 2007 and prior April 30, 2008. (complements of EA-Land Blog)

That makes my acct a founder ? if made January 2003 right .... Woooot Moooot

but now im confused ....

Regarding anniversary gifts, amnesty means ensuring that every player gets at least one set of requisite gifts for their entitlement age, regardless of whether they lost (or did not lose) those gifts. (complements of EA-Land Blog)

it goes by entiled days (which is payed days right ?) the acct is entitled to 1350?? i dont remember exact days ... So w/ that ... the acct isnt a TSO founder...... Im confused a bit ....

So what Is this acct entitled to ?

And the skill locks ... im totally confused on that one ....

the age of your SIM divided by 21 21 plus 20.Or
Entitled age of the account (same as anniversary gifts) divided by 21 plus 20.Or
Current number of skill locks

how do you know which calcualtion is right.... Whether you calculate the sim's age (which by the way isnt much ...i think the oldest sim i have is what 260 days because of recreating and what not .... So i think some would loose out on this one ) or the entitled days (which i like better i'd be entiled to gives me about 85 locks on the one acct...

So which way am i suppose to count the age for the locks?

And i absolutly LOVE the idea of the "City-From Gifts or badges." that is a awesome Idea .... Good Job on that one

I forgot ... I thought we were suppose to pick the "3" sims to be the one to recieve these gifts .... and did that also mean the locks too ? or does every sim on the acct get locks....?

I

IndigoSpin

<font color="purple">To no one in particular.

I'm pretty appalled by the decision to extend Founder status through June 17, 2003. Don't get me wrong. I'm in favor of extending due benefits to Founders who lost or did not receive them. I wouldn't even mind extending the Founder period to January 1st of 2003 or something of that sort. But extending it through June is just ridiculous.

I apologize to players in Europe and Asia who were unable to participate earlier in the game's history. It would have been great to have you playing with us, and it's unfortunate that you couldn't. But I personally dislike the fact that beta-testing Founders are having their title essentially spat upon because Maxis dropped the ball and didn't release the game how they wanted.

I'm not urging the devs to change their plans or anything, because doing so would be completely and utterly futile. I just feel that, as someone who tested the game, went through data wipes, started anew, reported my fair share of bugs, and kept right on playing, I need to defend my Founder title. I don't care about the Simmies or the icons or the Sim ages or anything. I just think it's unfortunate that the title of Founder would be disrespected in this way.</font>

I

imported_Danny Dots

I am so excited! This post made my whole day

I can't wait for our locks! The gifts are nice too! I hope they get the script up and running very soon!

It does upset me a little that the founder date is being pushed back, I feel like they are taking something away from the original founders and dulling down our title. But hey, once a founder, always a founder so I don't really mind

They didn't mention anything about players getting their cannons and gnomes back from referring sims
Does anyone know if we will be getting these?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Just tagging the last and not responding to anyone in particular....

Being an original beta tester and founder, I am more appalled that more founders are not generous and accepting of this new plan. I know more people that started to play those first 6 months in game than original founders of the game. I am happy for them and considering the game was not ready for release on 12/17/02 I believe most of them played a beta version of the game for those first six months.

Considering the fact that there are many players that "bought" their founder accounts when those beta testers left the game, I have no qualms about extending founders to June.

I do not need founder icons, status symbols or gifts to know all that I have achieved in this game for the past 5 years. If it makes someone happy to be a founder, then so be it. I didn't read anywhere on the blog that this amnesty founder date would entitle anyone to a founders' icon on their bio. So if some of you need to be distinguished above others, you still have that.

J

jasminemoon

<blockquote><hr>

Using the original Amnesty Post ......

A few questions reguarding the Amnesty :

Ok ... Im shocked and confused for a few moments here.... They are changing the Date for TSO founder ....

TSO Founder
The current TSO founder date is December 17, 2002. The new founder date will be June 17, 2003 (i.e. plus 6 months). Note: this is not to be confused with EA-Land founder which will be accounts in good standing after July 1, 2007 and prior April 30, 2008. (complements of EA-Land Blog)

That makes my acct a founder ? if made January 2003 right .... Woooot Moooot

but now im confused ....

Regarding anniversary gifts, amnesty means ensuring that every player gets at least one set of requisite gifts for their entitlement age, regardless of whether they lost (or did not lose) those gifts. (complements of EA-Land Blog)

it goes by entiled days (which is payed days right ?) the acct is entitled to 1350?? i dont remember exact days ... So w/ that ... the acct isnt a TSO founder...... Im confused a bit ....

So what Is this acct entitled to ?

And the skill locks ... im totally confused on that one ....

the age of your SIM divided by 21 21 plus 20.Or
Entitled age of the account (same as anniversary gifts) divided by 21 plus 20.Or
Current number of skill locks

how do you know which calcualtion is right.... Whether you calculate the sim's age (which by the way isnt much ...i think the oldest sim i have is what 260 days because of recreating and what not .... So i think some would loose out on this one ) or the entitled days (which i like better i'd be entiled to gives me about 85 locks on the one acct...

So which way am i suppose to count the age for the locks?

And i absolutly LOVE the idea of the "City-From Gifts or badges." that is a awesome Idea .... Good Job on that one

I forgot ... I thought we were suppose to pick the "3" sims to be the one to recieve these gifts .... and did that also mean the locks too ? or does every sim on the acct get locks....?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have some of the same questions as above my entitlement days are different that the days I played..so founder or no founder?

And are there going to be TWO different founder flags? One for TSO and one for EAL? Because it's my understanding that ANYONE that pays for a subscription between the dates described receives Founder status..or does that only apply to those of us that were here before and came back recently? If there is only one founder flag then whoever is mad up above, should really be upset that people that have played only EAL will receive founder status..

Also, because I changed my email, I didn't receive the "come back and check the new EALAND" email. So I never got the chance to "move" anything..

I had sims in like three different cities, but didn't have the chance to "move" them, do I still get the city-gift plaques??

And now I'm scared about my skill locks! Because I had and now have the account but didn't get the chance to move my sims

Help?

Jasmine Moon

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

No, we wont.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh
thats sad!

But beggars can't be choosers and I'm perfectly fine with what we are getting!

S

Sativa L

<blockquote><hr>

Being an original beta tester and founder, I am more appalled that more founders are not generous and accepting of this new plan. I know more people that started to play those first 6 months in game than original founders of the game. I am happy for them and considering the game was not ready for release on 12/17/02 I believe most of them played a beta version of the game for those first six months.

Considering the fact that there are many players that "bought" their founder accounts when those beta testers left the game, I have no qualms about extending founders to June.

I do not need founder icons, status symbols or gifts to know all that I have achieved in this game for the past 5 years. If it makes someone happy to be a founder, then so be it. I didn't read anywhere on the blog that this amnesty founder date would entitle anyone to a founders' icon on their bio. So if some of you need to be distinguished above others, you still have that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't tell you the exact date, but it was a hectic weekend afternoon back in the summer of 2003. I had been hosting for "hours". Words could not describe the drama of the day.. think.. mafia, tagging, heartbroken roomies.. etc.. .. you would really have to experience to believe.. lol.. In any event.. out of the blue.. in pops Gracie.. (back then I barely knew her) She proceeds into the chaos.. capturing the attention of all with her words.. She awarded me with I think she called it the G award.. lol forget the exact name of it.. She traded with me.. I almost died when I saw $100K, for me a huge fortune... lol.. but it was her words the stuck with me always. She called me that day "A true founder of Dan's Grove". No amount of simmies can beat that! 'nuff said.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Gracie very well said. But I also see it from both points of view. I missed being a 'founder' by a week. But I learned to live with it. It makes me upset that some wanna take that away from me but that's ok. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. I understand that being an original used to carry alot of weight back in the day. The way I see it everyone has the same status. Oldies and not so oldies, we are all here to be able to help the newbies understand, master and enjoy the game. That should be our main goal.

It's a symbol, an icon, nothing more nothing less. Those who are upset about it have to realize that we are/were entering a new era for TSO, now called EALand. Meaning TSO is no more. I admit it was a very nice surprise to hear that I will be considered a founder but it will not change the way I play or my love for the game.

Just my 2.5 pesos.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The skill lock script for amnesty is NOT quite ready for prime time.

We will let everyone know when we have starting running it so we can make sure it is working.

Thanks
gk

[/ QUOTE ]
Gee - if you're going to make Founders out of players that joined 7 months after the game went live, why not include everyone up until the day before yesterday?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the main issues in our internal debates was the European players. Originally, TSO was going to be released there, and then it wasn't... too much confusion. Quite a few of our European and Asian players that played in beta were never considered founders because of that confusion.

I invite everyone to keep in mind that the main reason we're doing the Amnesty Program is to clean the slate and we can start fresh going forward.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know who those European and Asian players are - so give them Founder status. No need to include others who do not qualify.
To all you folks lighting off your flamethrowers in my direction.... blast away, I don't give a damn... Founder status was our reward for testing the beta version of the game before it's release to the general public. If you weren't there during beta, you didn't earn it. Being one of the first on-line after the launch is not the same thing.
This just de-values our efforts.

G

It's not fair of you to demoralize the efforts of those that were shortly after the public launch. We went thru the same thing! Keep your founder symbol I don't care. But don't tell me that I/noone shortly after launch wouldn't/didn't deserve it!!

As usual you are entitled to your opinion so post on.

I

imported_Danny Dots

I am a founder and I'm a little ticked, but I'm pretty much over it. It does take away from our title a little bit. Yet, the first 6 months after beta really isn't that much more time added and was a long time ago as well.

The first 6 months of the game were crazy though, there were many bugs still around and many many changes. I guess they deserve to be a part of the founder community

G

<blockquote><hr>

We did not PAY to beta test the original game

[/ QUOTE ]
The hell we didn't.
I had to pay $5 for the beta disks - twice. It was the same for all the early testers.
It was only in the last stages of beta that the gates were thrown wide to allow players to come in for free.

But, as usual, you think the sun rises and sets on YOUR opinion.

G

I started playing during the blackout period but I never got my founders icon. I didn't going shouting, "Where's mine, Where's mine" while pulling my hair out but jeezy peezy you can't honestly tell me that when the game was launched it was bug free!! So guess what we did go thru the beta stage only it was public.

T

TKSpeedy1

Exactly! They know who did and didn't get founders status, so give the ones who didn't status and not the ones who don't qualify. It should be fairly easy. And I am in also in total agreement with the person who posted earlier that this is a total lack of respect to us original founders.

Hey, I have an idea that might work...and I'd be willing to live with it. You're giving some ELand players ELand founder status and others another status right? (Can't think of the name at the moment, so sorry). Why not do the same with TSO founders? The original (real) founders would remain founders, and the ones that came after a certain date would be another status? I agree with others..I could live with someone a month later who just missed founder status getting it..but six months later is ridiculous.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

It's not fair of you to semoralize the efforts of those that were shortly after the public launch. We went thru the same thing! Keep your founder symbol I don't care. But don't tell me that I/noone shortly after launch wouldn't/didn't deserve it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a question of a founder symbol. It's a question of timing and respect. I couldn't care less about my founders flag..all it means is I'm a founder, which I know I am and anyone who sees my sim's age can tell I am. But 6-7 months after we achieved our founder status is just wrong. And it totally shows a lack of respect to those of us who are original founders.

G

I'm happy for this. and, awaits for my gifts, skills I been waiting for.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
The hell we didn't.
I had to pay $5 for the beta disks - twice. It was the same for all the early testers.
It was only in the last stages of beta that the gates were thrown wide to allow players to come in for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what she means is we didn't have to pay a monthly fee to play in the beta stages. I can't remember anymore. I may have payed for the disk but played for free until the game went live or something.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's not fair of you to semoralize the efforts of those that were shortly after the public launch. We went thru the same thing! Keep your founder symbol I don't care. But don't tell me that I/noone shortly after launch wouldn't/didn't deserve it!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I WILL tell you - if you weren't part of beta testing prior to launch - you do not deserve it. THAT is what the reward was all about.
You did NOT go through the same thing. After launch, the game was paradise compared to what it was like in September and October.
If EA wants to make it right for those that got screwed - fine, they know how to get hold of them.
I try to keep a balanced point of view most of the time, but this is just a kick in the pants.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I wholeheartedly agree!

I am just thankful that I know enough founders in the game (I've spent more than five years in game with some) to know that not all founders share the spiteful attitudes I see here; otherwise I would feel gravely insulted!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think what she means is we didn't have to pay a monthly fee to play in the beta stages. I can't remember anymore. I may have payed for the disk but played for free until the game went live or something.

[/ QUOTE ]Correct. The subscription fee was waived until, I believe, 10 days after the game went gold.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Correct. The subscription fee was waived until, I believe, 10 days after the game went gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh good, I'm not crazy after all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]A standing 'O' for Gracie...I don't qualify either way as I didn't start until 11/03, but she always has the most sensible and intelligent posts

I

imported_Poppy Darling

Tagging to last post

Wow, the devs must be rubbing their hands together and having a really good laugh.
All the players that are included in the extended founder date are thrilled to bits, and so would I be if I had not been a tester before the 17 Dec 2002 deadline.
As I said in an earlier post, I live in England, I was an International Play Tester (Beta Tester) and was awarded Founder status.
On 1 April 2003 we were all offered a $19.99 Upgrade Registration Code so we could keep our Founder status and continue playing.
So any International Tester who accepted EA's offer kept their Founder Status.
The only players who did not but got them at a later date were the players in the Blackout period. I still have a copy of the e-mail I received.
I really do not know why people are getting so heated up about this though because it has been decided by the powers that be and I doubt if they will change it.
This situation could have been averted because it sounds as if they did not find out the facts from an International player but best guessed.
Congratulations to the players who are getting something they never expected.
I myself am just glad that I am able to continue to play a version of TSO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]A standing 'O' for Gracie...I don't qualify either way as I didn't start until 11/03, but she always has the most sensible and intelligent posts

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, stick around for a while, I'm sure they will get around to you.
<blockquote><hr>

I am just thankful that I know enough founders in the game (I've spent more than five years in game with some) to know that not all founders share the spiteful attitudes I see here; otherwise I would feel gravely insulted!

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't care if you are insulted by the fact that all Founders have been insulted.
Why should I - you obviously have no empathy for the Founders who have been slapped in the face.

G

I am on the side of the founders here. I started in 2/03 and do not have a founder icon. They broke in a game that was pretty much unplayable so the rest of us could enjoy the game. I was excited in the begining but now, I think it is wrong. I am ok with not getting a founder icon. It doesn't change anything. I will take my EA Land founder and be very happy with this.

Guys, lets not let this drive us apart. This sounds like something that can destroy a community. So what if you created in Jan 03 and want a found icon. What does it give you? The icon means nothing unless you earned it. And honestly, in Feb 2003 the game was no longer beta. Yes there were problems but nothing compared to what they had before the game went public.

Give my "TSO Founder" icon to someone else who wants it. I know I have been here for a long time and don't need an icon to prove it. I just want them to get my entitlement days correct

I

imported_DutchAmerica

To no one in particular....

I'm rather appalled by the attitudes I'm reading. And once again, I am almost ashamed to admit that I am a founder sometimes when I read some of this crap!

This is a new day in Sim history and TPTB are trying to make this as fair for everyone as possible....clean slate...a starting point.

Thankfully TPTB are making these decisions as fair as they can for EVERYONE.

And actually I do hope that this rights many of the wrongs that have been committed against our international friends and fellow sim maniacs as well as for others!

I look at this effort from EA and TPTB as an attempt to just make everyone happy and appreciate the people that are here during this really trying time in Sims online history.

I'm sorry if having players be happy upsets some of you.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

I'm rather appalled by the attitudes I'm reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me that you aren't actually surprised. When people (for whatever reason) fancy themselves as part of an elite club, and better than others, they tend to resent it when the riff raff is let into it. To them, founder icons won't mean as much any longer. It's diminished now. Meaningless.

I'd just as soon see them totally removed to end all the bickering, or give 'em to everyone. I don't care.

G

As someone who has been back and forth to this game since the very beginning, sometimes very sporadically, I am happy to be receiving the gifts that I'll get. I always remind myself that this is a NEW game now, so anything that I can keep from the old one is a gift.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

As one who apparently has been converted retroactively into a Founder, I suppose I should be grateful for it and not look a gift horse, uh, simmy, uh, avatary, uh, whatever in the mouth. However, I would trade that and the rest of my pending entitlements for a game that worked well. Playing the game should be its own reward, not these bribes to keep playing when the game falls short. I guess some people will eat cereal they don't like to get the free toy inside.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

I

imported_Poppy Darling

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.....maybe.......MAYBE extending it all the way into June is going little far in the opposite extreme, but it is beneficial to alot of people who missed being a founder by just a few days, and the European players who were denied founder status because of the game not being released (though why it was denied to some and not others, I'd be interested to know if what Poppy says is true ), so the benefits outweigh the fact that the date was extended so far into 2003 instead of just being February 03 or April 03 in my mind. What's done is done and they have made their decision and I am not about to show my arse and pout, kick or scream because somebody else is receiving the same founder flag I did for going through beta. Those players are here *now* and are PAYING to be gluttons for punishment....if giving them original founder status makes them feel better about that fact, then that's great in my book. It doesn't diminish my accomplishment of having made it through the first beta and the intention to make it through this one one single iota.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for insinuating that I am not telling the truth but I can asure you that I am. I have proof. Not that it seems to matter to you because you appear to be unable to take anyones word.
If you are expecting the devs to confirm what I say, I wouldn't hold your breath based on the reason they gave for why they extended the Founder date.
I did put you on ignore once because of your attitude problem but I shall keep reading your input in the hope that one day you might believe someone.

S

Shadowbay

I do somewhat agree, I started in early Aug - 02, some of my best friends started around the same time, but are from the UK, they went through all the bugs and complete wipes just the same as I did .. and I believe they deserve a simmy and founders flag too, some of them are still here and playing in EA-Land

J

JRock

I'm a founder and I can care less if everyone gets founder status. It doesn't affect me so why should I complain. But what does bother me is that I don't get what I deserve.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I'm a founder and I can care less if everyone gets founder status. It doesn't affect me so why should I complain. But what does bother me is that I don't get what I deserve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that bothers most folks, being left out or not getting what they deserve.

I'm a founder and basically the little flag on my accounts just bring back memories of all the people and friends I've played with over the years. I don't see how a 6 month extension on the 'founder' cutoff diminishes in anyway my TSO experience.

This is not for you...I'm just pondering out loud..Somehow I have to wonder though why there are some so 'adamant' about it not allowing 6 months worth of accounts into the 'original' sim club. Sure wouldn't want to flood the market with a bunch of original founder accounts now would we? It would definitely 'de-value' them wouldn't it?

G

<blockquote><hr>

To no one in particular....

I'm rather appalled by the attitudes I'm reading. And once again, I am almost ashamed to admit that I am a founder sometimes when I read some of this crap!

This is a new day in Sim history and TPTB are trying to make this as fair for everyone as possible....clean slate...a starting point.

Thankfully TPTB are making these decisions as fair as they can for EVERYONE.

And actually I do hope that this rights many of the wrongs that have been committed against our international friends and fellow sim maniacs as well as for others!

I look at this effort from EA and TPTB as an attempt to just make everyone happy and appreciate the people that are here during this really trying time in Sims online history.

I'm sorry if having players be happy upsets some of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna put an X right at the bottom of this.

I don't know why I would find myself all "O snap srsly" at how upset ppl get over a virtual icon.

Do you put "TSO Founder" on your resume?

I mean I can respect the frustration that comes into knowing that many people have played this game for all of these years, never cancelling not even when times were at their bleakest without any updates.

But here is a new team. With a new game based on our old who is thoughtful enough to take into consideration that we may want the gifts for our accounts based on a game that doesn't really exist anymore.

And after all that, they take into consideration that some Euro players were not able to get their founder status and ppl get their underoos in a bunch.

Chillax.

I'm as elitist as they come. I think I'm better than just about everybody and even I am sitting here like "srsly?"

So they extended it 6 months.

Worse things could happen. They could start selling gnomes and trees in catalog.

G

Worse thing is there is no game to HAVE founder status at. The fact is, how many people are still around from those 6 months? Most of them have left and never came back. Like I said in a previous post, keep my TSO founder status. I'll live without it. Hell, I have for this long... lol

G

There were many bugs when I joined in 03 too. We used to have a blast with them. We still have a few of the old bugs around.

The EA founders are like the 6 mos extension for TSO. LOL Some of us deleted and really tested the game in TC3 (that was the beta). I am fine with ppl coming now and being founders tho.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I know more people still around from those first 6 months than from actual beta test. I still see no where on the blog that it says these "new" TSO founders will get a founders flag icon on their bio. The only thing they are getting is the Simmy (TSO Founder Award). In fact even original founders will receive a new set of simmy statues. When beta test ended there were many testers that never signed up to pay and play. Most of those sims were just deleted along with their simmy statues. I'm happy that more TSO simmy statues will be re-issued so there will be more of these objects to remind everyone where we all originated.

I

imported_CherryBomb

You beat me to it, Gracie. Extended Founders get Simmies, original Founders get flags, too. Sounds like something that could keep everyone reasonably happy.

I get three cannons! Mwahahaha!

CherryBomb

G

<blockquote><hr>

UBER UBER ELITE?
LOL Luc had a tree at the store for 250k

[/ QUOTE ]

O snap
) right on.

I'd be all for rares being offered for sale.

But I'm like a heathen.

G

How do you get 3 cannons? LOL
I just realized you meant the colored canons. nvm hehe (Not a founder, not getting one yet) My oldest acct is 1634 entitlement days. I have about 6 mos, I think. LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*officially nominates this post and poster as best post/poster of 2008*

The people who are having coniptions are degrading their 'title' far more than EA is.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
The hell we didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Semantics. Nobody *had* to pay for the disks, if you did you did so of your own free will and volition. I was on dial-up at the time and I downloaded the game, took quite a while if memory serves. Still a one time (OK twice if you had 2 copies) fee of $5 is nothing compared to the $10 a month x however many accounts for however long it has been and is gonna be that we are back in beta now.

And no, I don't think the sun rises and sets on my opinion, nor do I think the world is going to stop spinning because more people are going to be considered founders, as some people here do.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Do you put "TSO Founder" on your resume?

[/ QUOTE ]

HEHE

I thought everyone did? Does this mean I should take it off?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Beta testers had until Dec 31, 2002 to register their game. I remember that because I was at a Best Buy in Vegas, wearing 6 inch heels, running to buy the box, and registering the badboy from a borrowed laptop.