• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Amnesty!!!

• Thread starter imported_Rare-Buyer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

<blockquote><hr>

Just wondering, how many of the "Founders" are the real deal?? For years and years founder accounts sold like hotcakes on eBay. The elite pool was watered down years and years ago, sold to the highest bidder. I prefer EA's basis of granting accounts the elite :Founder: status, than that of the greedy, speedy, exiting :last one out don't forget to turn the lights out: Sold Out Founders". <font color="green"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure if you are including me in your "greedy speedy" etc. generalization.
If so, just ask around - there are plenty of people to confirm that the PITA that you see today is the same PITA that existed back in the day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Just wondering, how many of the "Founders" are the real deal?? For years and years founder accounts sold like hotcakes on eBay. The elite pool was watered down years and years ago, sold to the highest bidder. I prefer EA's basis of granting accounts the elite :Founder: status, than that of the greedy, speedy, exiting :last one out don't forget to turn the lights out: Sold Out Founders". <font color="green"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure if you are including me in your "greedy speedy" etc. generalization.
If so, just ask around - there are plenty of people to confirm that the PITA that you see today is the same PITA that existed back in the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

O. If that was aimed at Donovan... I don't know what PITA is b/c I just eat that when I have gyro's but he's from way back in the day... so yeah no.

I

imported_Salarah

My posting was not aimed at you Donavan nor anyone person in particular. I just want to make the point that all "Founder" are not in fact true founders. And by EA including some old accounts as founders, for whatever reason, this act will not tarnish the dignity of the title. I have a great respect for the original founders and it is not difficult in the game to recognize who the true Founders are, they are the ones that care about the community. And it was their love for this game that kept that flickering light of hope lit in the darkest of Sims days. But here comes the sun--strike up the band and let the parade overfill the once empty street, with old-true Sims Founder, new-old Sim Founder, EALand Founders and as many spectators as can fill the bleachers!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

o snap...
right on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody finally spelled out the point that was eluded to early on. Yep I agree. The Founder Club was no longer 'elite' after the very first sale of a Founder account on e-bay. From that point forward, you never knew who was a founder and who bought their way into it, anymore than you knew who'd been playing the game 1, 2 or 3 years and who bought a pet statue, tree or campfire. Anything beyond that is only based on perception of the person, the reality of it was gone after that.

G

Chances are these new founder accounts will be sold once they are stripped of all the new rares on them.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

My personal input in this is that in my opinion it really doesnt matter what date they set. However, those that were here when the game went live are "founders". If they wish to push the date forward, then the word "founder" shouldnt be used. The foundation for TSO was set in beta days when we had wipes galore and were basically guinea pigs for the testers.
To save all arguments, why not have 2 symbols..... perhaps one with a circle around it for "founders" and another one for "early settlers"?
Give all of them simmies etc and everyone will be happy right?
Or perhaps not....hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this is something I could live with and I believe I suggested something like this in an earlier post.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know what PITA is....

[/ QUOTE ]
Pain In The..... Aft.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Chances are these new founder accounts will be sold once they are stripped of all the new rares on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Founder accounts are more likely to remain open and paid for though even if they are sold don't you think? Just a thought anyway.