• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 86 to TC1

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The fence who will accept trade deals you do not deliver to the 'proper' city is in Fel. The cites you deliver to are the Trammel ones.
Ok I knew I'd read something about the possibility of going to Fel. I like the way you're saying it works over what I thought it was though.

Does fencing the shipment make you take a city loyalty hit?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have specific feedback, or encounter issues related to any part of the publish feel free to head on over to the TC1 forums and let us know!
I will once I have worked out what the hell is happening, but so far each thing I try turns up more really horrible results....

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I knew I'd read something about the possibility of going to Fel. I like the way you're saying it works over what I thought it was though.

Does fencing the shipment make you take a city loyalty hit?
No idea, not tried that at all - still playing around with the 'legal' deliveries' ;)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apologies to anyone who's followed me along the roads of Sosaria. I've abandoned the quest because I can't do a darn thing with the spawn. :(

Big worry: I had to leave all that nasty spawn all over the road, what happens to the next person to travel that route? Will they have to contend with the spawn I had to abandon?
I agree, this spawn are way to powerful but at least it is slow

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait a second.....

Guard zones are disabled in an active VvV Battle region and there should be no restrictions on spells + Stat loss will be applied on death to those players participating in VvV = NOBODY WILL USE THIS SYSTEM.

What prevents outsiders from coming into a guard zone free time to kill people with 0 risk and giving everyone stat loss? Also, if I'm active VvV and go do a champ spawn will I get stat loss when it's raided?

Removing Stat Loss was a good thing for PvP. Sure it's not as Hard Core but casuals like me are able to enjoy it.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should have been an instanced dungeon arena..where on death you cannot rejoin for say 5 minutes..tactical warfare 5v5 or 10v10..multiple instances. All this system will do is cater to the Zerg which isn't fun at all, and will be HEAVILY underused and another reason for the devs to throw up thier hands in dismay and say.."Welp we tried, back to making deco"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Just logged in with Pinco and normal EC, is unplayable while the labels stick, way too annoying to do anything. So I am another that wont play till this problem is sorted.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just logged in with Pinco and normal EC, is unplayable while the labels stick, way too annoying to do anything. So I am another that wont play till this problem is sorted.
find the previous version of uosa.exe and don't update unless you want to play on TC, but in that case just use the default UI.
My UI will need to be reworked when the new default came out or it will not work properly anymore...

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Yes, thanks to everyone for the heads-up on the EC. I want to try out the new systems, but will wait for a bug fix.

Umm, Devs... PLEASE be sure to give us the full testing times on TC1 and Origin before going live!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Umm, Devs... PLEASE be sure to give us the full testing times on TC1 and Origin before going live!
We intend to. Everyone's feedback has been very helpful so far! Keep it coming and thanks again :D

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Guard zones are disabled in an active VvV Battle region and there should be no restrictions on spells."

How will players who are NOT in VvV know that the guard zone has been disabled in a particular Felucca city at a specific point in time? And which cities in Felucca can have these battles? All of them? Or will some cities always be left out of this system?

The disabling of the guard zone pretty much sucks if you play on Siege or Mugen and need to take a non-fighting character to one of the Felucca facet cities, wearing all your unblessed gear, and you happen to show up while there is a battle going on that you didn't know about. You may or may not even realize that the guard zone is turned off and could end up being attacked and won't be able to call the guards for help. It's probably also something that Magincia home owners will need to get used to so they don't open themselves up to being clobbered in their own house with no opportunity to call for guards, as they might be accustomed to doing now.

Perhaps there could be a system message regarding a current battle's location and lack of guard zone that is repeated at 2 minute intervals and spammed for all on the shard to see during these battles? I'm not keen on the idea, but it seems like a better idea than just allowing people to blindly show up in an area which they thought had guard zone protection but doesn't.

Or at the very least add a permanent warning on the patch screen reminding people to be careful when traveling to ..... (and list the Felucca towns that can the sites for VvV battles) because of their lack of a guard zone during a VvV battle.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Guard zones are disabled in an active VvV Battle region and there should be no restrictions on spells."

How will players who are NOT in VvV know that the guard zone has been disabled in a particular Felucca city at a specific point in time? And which cities in Felucca can have these battles? All of them? Or will some cities always be left out of this system?

The disabling of the guard zone pretty much sucks if you play on Siege or Mugen and need to take a non-fighting character to one of the Felucca facet cities, wearing all your unblessed gear, and you happen to show up while there is a battle going on that you didn't know about. You may or may not even realize that the guard zone is turned off and could end up being attacked and won't be able to call the guards for help. It's probably also something that Magincia home owners will need to get used to so they don't open themselves up to being clobbered in their own house with no opportunity to call for guards, as they might be accustomed to doing now.

Perhaps there could be a system message regarding a current battle's location and lack of guard zone that is repeated at 2 minute intervals and spammed for all on the shard to see during these battles? I'm not keen on the idea, but it seems like a better idea than just allowing people to blindly show up in an area which they thought had guard zone protection but doesn't.

Or at the very least add a permanent warning on the patch screen reminding people to be careful when traveling to ..... (and list the Felucca towns that can the sites for VvV battles) because of their lack of a guard zone during a VvV battle.
We are still actively developing the final implementation of VvV on Abyss rule sets and are in constant discussion with our focus group as well as internally about how all changes related to VvV will effect Siege and Mugen. Thank you very much for the feedback :D

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will you go into skill loss if you die from trap damage? If yes, who gets credit for the kill?

Can you tell us yet how traps are going to be made available when this is fully implemented?

Can traps retrieved by a disarmer be reused?

Is the cap of 20 traps the cap for the entire battle, i.e., once 20 traps are placed the first time during a battle, that's it for the entire battle? Or if 5 are disarmed, can an appropriate party put down 5 more in the same battle? Will the traps expire at the end of a battle?

Is disarming the other side's traps the only way to remove them, i.e., there is no way for anyone on the side that "owns" the traps to pick them up?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are still actively developing the final implementation of VvV on Abyss rule sets and are in constant discussion with our focus group as well as internally about how all changes related to VvV will effect Siege and Mugen. Thank you very much for the feedback :D
Do you know at this point if the VvV battles will only be in the Felucca facet cities on Siege and Mugen so at least players will still have the option of using cities outside that facet on those two shards?

Also, when a city is involved in a battle, just how much of that city's guard zone is turned off? For example, if it's Britain, does that mean the guard zone will be gone out in the farm fields area? Or if it's Skara Brae or Magincia, is the guard zone turned off at the moongate? If it's Moonglow, what happens to the guard zone at the Lyceum or the outlying farm areas? Or if it's Jhelom, what happens to guard zones on the outlying island areas? It would be helpful to have a better understanding of exactly what's included or not included in a particular city's guard zone for those cities which appear to cover such wide areas.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Agree that fencing goods should cost you loyalty. Also scale down the spawn difficulty!

Please, more deco in the cleanup rewards? Please?

Last, the fencing rewards are good... But the non-fencing rewards need more. If I want to support vesper, not random city, let me... And make it worthwhile; don't make the fencing rewards so much better that I have to pick between supporting the city and getting the good stuff.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you know at this point if the VvV battles will only be in the Felucca facet cities on Siege and Mugen so at least players will still have the option of using cities outside that facet on those two shards?

Also, when a city is involved in a battle, just how much of that city's guard zone is turned off? For example, if it's Britain, does that mean the guard zone will be gone out in the farm fields area? Or if it's Skara Brae or Magincia, is the guard zone turned off at the moongate? If it's Moonglow, what happens to the guard zone at the Lyceum or the outlying farm areas? Or if it's Jhelom, what happens to guard zones on the outlying island areas? It would be helpful to have a better understanding of exactly what's included or not included in a particular city's guard zone for those cities which appear to cover such wide areas.
As it is now, only the virtue cities in Felucca will have guard zones removed during an active battle (sans New Magincia, in which case we use Occlo. On TC1 there is an issue with Occlo so we are defaulting it back to Yew when that city comes up in the lineup). We only focus on the main city, which in most cases excludes areas like the fields and outlying islands.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stat loss again in the VvV system. Stat loss was the end to the long battles we used to have. We could PvP for up to 2 hours at a time before everyone went in to factions for the faction gear.

With Stat loss the PvP was ended as soon as 2 or 3 players went into stat loss and then that was it for 20 mins. If you were lucky the other side didn't log out during this period and you could get some PvP again. But more times than now the other side logged out due to being bored waiting.

Cut out the stat loss please. It just limits the PvP
I have heard stat loss has been adjusted to 10 minutes, atleast from a friend who tried it on TC. But noone has time for 2 hour battles anymore, are you crazy? Stat loss is a needed mechanic to keep fights flowing, instead of 2 hour sit in field and chokepoint fests.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And make it worthwhile; don't make the fencing rewards so much better that I have to pick between supporting the city and getting the good stuff.
Isnt that the point? Being bad is always more lucrative than it is being good.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I've tried a couple trade orders now, and the strength of the creatures is kind of ridiculous. I tried fighting at first, but before I'd even gotten a single creature from the first group down 1/4 health, I'd had two more groups spawn, forcing me to bail. I can't really imagine how anyone could actually survive if they stood and fought instead of running.

Apparently he only appears so long as you have the chest with you... That's kinda neat.

Last edited:

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
find the previous version of uosa.exe and don't update unless you want to play on TC, but in that case just use the default UI.
My UI will need to be reworked when the new default came out or it will not work properly anymore...
Thanks Pinco, Il will try that and see how it goes:)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As it is now, only the virtue cities in Felucca will have guard zones removed during an active battle (sans New Magincia, in which case we use Occlo. On TC1 there is an issue with Occlo so we are defaulting it back to Yew when that city comes up in the lineup). We only focus on the main city, which in most cases excludes areas like the fields and outlying islands.
Hmmm, I want to make sure I'm not misreading what you said above. Will the guard zone only be removed in the virtue city that is currently the site of a VvV battle? Or are you saying that all the virtue cities that are in the rotation for these battles will simultaneously have their guard zone removed?

Also, I tried looking up the virtue cities and below is what I came up with from Stratics. So are these the cities where the VvV battles will happen?

Compassion - Britain
Honesty - Moonglow
Honor - Trinsic
Humility - Magincia......But are you saying you won't use Magincia, but will instead use Occlo? And for right now you're substituting Yew on TC1 when it should have been Magincia (or Occlo)?
Justice - Yew
Sacrifice - Minoc
Spirituality - Skara Brae
Valor - Jhelom

Vesper is/was a faction city, but doesn't seem to be a virtue city. So does this mean it won't be included in the VvV system? (And yes, I know Jhelom isn't/wasn't a faction city, so I'm kind of wondering about it too.)

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmm, I want to make sure I'm not misreading what you said above. Will the guard zone only be removed in the virtue city that is currently the site of a VvV battle? Or are you saying that all the virtue cities that are in the rotation for these battles will simultaneously have their guard zone removed?

Also, I tried looking up the virtue cities and below is what I came up with from Stratics. So are these the cities where the VvV battles will happen?

Compassion - Britain
Honesty - Moonglow
Honor - Trinsic
Humility - Magincia......But are you saying you won't use Magincia, but will instead use Occlo? And for right now you're substituting Yew on TC1 when it should have been Magincia (or Occlo)?
Justice - Yew
Sacrifice - Minoc
Spirituality - Skara Brae
Valor - Jhelom

Vesper is/was a faction city, but doesn't seem to be a virtue city. So does this mean it won't be included in the VvV system?
Only the city with the active VvV battle has guard zones turned off, and only inside the battle region which does not always include the entirety of the City.

The city lineup is:

Britain
Jhelom
Minoc
Moonglow
Occlo (Currently defaults to Yew since there's an issue with Occlo)
Skara
Trinsic
Yew

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only the city with the active VvV battle has guard zones turned off, and only inside the battle region which does not always include the entirety of the City.

The city lineup is:

Britain
Jhelom
Minoc
Moonglow
Occlo (Currently defaults to Yew since there's an issue with Occlo)
Skara
Trinsic
Yew
So are you planning to add a permanent moongate on Occlo, at least on Mugen and Siege, so people who participate in a VvV battle there and lose everything they're wearing have a way to get off the island without having to rely on someone else's kindness in casting a gate or maybe having a boat in their bankbox?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sounds good that New Magincia are left out, special on Siege.
West Britain will be a problem, as many new SP players choose to start there, East Brit would be better.
I'm also happy to see Vesper left out, as it is good for our newbies too :)

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay the EC problem is fixed! :) I can play again! :)
But my default zoom level is still farther out then usual.
Is anyone elses zoom messed up or is it just me?
I'm wondering if the devs changed the zoom out this far on purpose to compliment the new art they are working on or if I accidentally set the new default zoom level myself?
I am not sure if there is a key combination to "set default zoom level" though. I have never had the default change on me before and I been using the EC for years so I am a confused what happened.
Anyone know how to set the default zoom level back to normal? When I press * it feels like its out too far. Is there a way to set it or reset it without reseting everything?

Edit:
I gotta say the art does look a lot cleaner and sharper now at this new default zoom level. Everythings less blurry and pixelated and gunky. So it HAS to be a DEV change and I am not crazy. RIGHT? :)
I mean theres no way I accidentally set the default zoom level to a new default when I don't even know the command or key press to do so?!?

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Isnt that the point? Being bad is always more lucrative than it is being good.
"Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

While I take your point, I think the intended point was to support city budgets; if the reward for fencing the goods is always better, then these quests fail to accomplish their goal, as noone will turn in to anyone but the fencer.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

While I take your point, I think the intended point was to support city budgets; if the reward for fencing the goods is always better, then these quests fail to accomplish their goal, as noone will turn in to anyone but the fencer.
Well, the governors and the people who want the buffs would want to do them yes?

I just did 5 trade quests , got about 30k to the treasury each time, all in about 1-3 minutes.

Now, if I want to do the Fence one, I first have find out which of the 3 taverns he is in currently. I then have to SAIL there, while still having chances to be ambushed out on the sea, then I have to hope noone turns in their quest before me (which causes him to change locations), all to turn it in once.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, here are some questions about the sigils in this new system:

- Does the thief need to have 100 real skill in stealing, or can part of their stealing skill come from items?
- Can the thief who stole the sigil hand it off to another character on the same side in the system, even if in another guild? Can they hand it off to a character on the opposing side? (I hope not.)
- Does any character who wants to carry the sigil need to have 100 stealing skill?
-Is there a time limit on how long a character can hold onto a sigil or will it disappear if not handed off to a priest, or if allowed, to another character?
- Will there be any visible indicator to show that a character is holding the sigil?
- If your character kills a character that is holding the sigil, what happens to the sigil? Does it just vanish or does the killer acquire the sigil?
- If you are holding the sigil, how will you know if you are close to stepping outside the city region and are in jeopardy of making the sigil go poof?
- Can you use any spells or abilities to move your character to another location while holding a sigil, e.g., recall, gate, sacred journey, teleport, shadow jump? Can you get in a boat within the city region while holding the sigil?

Here are some random questions about VvV unrelated to sigils. I'm sure I'll have more later:

- Can you self-rez while in a VvV area? (Asking because you can't do it now within faction strongholds.)
- Will there be any wandering healers in an active VvV area? (Not asking for this but just wondering about it.)
- What will the rules be regarding using blocking items in an active VvV battle area? Will it be "anything goes," as it is currently within faction strongholds, or will it be the normal rule for outside faction strongholds that you must leave some kind of a path?
- How long does it take to exit the VvV system and what will the process be? (I'm still confused about whether or not guild leaders will eventually be able to add their entire guild to the system or not. And with factions now, you have to first quit your guild and then quit the faction. You're out in 3 days and you can ask while in Fel what your faction status is to find out how much time remains until you get out.)
- Can you fight members of guilds that belong to the opposing side while outside of Fel even if your guild is not at war with their guild? (I'm only asking this because you made a comment not long ago that made it sound like you'd be able to fight outside of Fel if enrolled in this system.)

Edited to add: The patch notes say "Stat loss will be applied on death to those players participating in VvV." Is this only true if you were killed by an orange character? Or is true for any death that a VvV participant has anywhere in the game?

And regarding "Any non-VvV player that aggresses or performs a beneficial act on a VvV player will flag orange to all VvV players." Is this only true in Felucca? Also, will you be able to rez VvV characters using a non-VvV character?

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, what does this mean: "There is a 5 minute kill timeout for receiving points for kills." Does it mean you have to wait 5 minutes between killing the same enemy character to get any points for such kills? Or does it mean something else?

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Well, the governors and the people who want the buffs would want to do them yes?

I just did 5 trade quests , got about 30k to the treasury each time, all in about 1-3 minutes.

Now, if I want to do the Fence one, I first have find out which of the 3 taverns he is in currently. I then have to SAIL there, while still having chances to be ambushed out on the sea, then I have to hope noone turns in their quest before me (which causes him to change locations), all to turn it in once.
Hmmm, regarding the last bit, seems it'd be pretty simple, since so many have 2 accounts, for the second account to figure out the right tavern. Or, you get a guild of 3+ doing them, and each just wait in one of the three taverns - as each gives him the stuff, he'll move on to the next waiting guildie, and then on to the third? :p Just envisioning how that'd be easily powergamed. :D

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just want to say: How great is despise now with the changes to the ephemeral gear? I love it

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another VvV question:

Are all your characters on the same account limited to joining only one side of VvV on any particular shard? (I'm assuming you can have more than one character per account in VvV on the same shard, as was added in 2008 to factions.) If yes, can those characters on the same account and shard be in different guilds?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the trade quest on a timer? Is it persistent to your character if you log out the character or if the game crashes?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two more dumb VvV questions:

If you are not in VvV, will there be some way to tell whether another character IS in VvV?

Do you anticipate MyUO including eventually including any kind of information on characters/guilds in VvV? Also will there be any way eventually to see point accumulations via something like MyUO or will it only be available via a gump accessible to a character in VvV?

Sorry for all the questions. Can't get on to play right now and lag's been so bad lately I really am not sure if I can even help with testing anything. Can hardly move anymore when I log on.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i logged in to try the trade quest.
i went to brit, got the quest.
it game me a barrel that said 0/5 scissors..... am i suppose to buy scissors to put in there? i didnt and just ran the barrel.
hit the moongate on my way to new mag, only option if fel side, so im assuming its to be delivered to fel side.
so i run out the gate, im thinking to myself that i hadnt seen any spawn, just then i see a ettin in my rear view mirror as im booking along.
so i stop and go back, ettin, garg, dire wolf are there, they come at me, im dead in a blink of an eye.
wowsers!
2 guys come through the moongate, one red and one blue.
spawn turns on them, both dead.

res'd went to body, the trade barrel is gone.

so a few questions.
1 - do i have to put in the items for the trade? i for some reason was under the assumption that i was just a delivery truck for this, not a financial backer.
2 - i also received a note when i got my trade quest, is that a separate thing? my trade thing was to go from brit to new mag, the note wanted me to go to trinny or somewhere else... little lost on this
3 - holy beans is the spawn nuts, ill try it again later tonight and ill actually copy a character over and set up my desktop and macros and give it a good try but wowsers the spawn is bananas!
4 - if your in a party do you get more spawn and more loot when doing the trade quest?

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i logged in to try the trade quest.
i went to brit, got the quest.
it game me a barrel that said 0/5 scissors..... am i suppose to buy scissors to put in there? i didnt and just ran the barrel.
hit the moongate on my way to new mag, only option if fel side, so im assuming its to be delivered to fel side.
so i run out the gate, im thinking to myself that i hadnt seen any spawn, just then i see a ettin in my rear view mirror as im booking along.
so i stop and go back, ettin, garg, dire wolf are there, they come at me, im dead in a blink of an eye.
wowsers!
2 guys come through the moongate, one red and one blue.
spawn turns on them, both dead.

res'd went to body, the trade barrel is gone.

so a few questions.
1 - do i have to put in the items for the trade? i for some reason was under the assumption that i was just a delivery truck for this, not a financial backer.
2 - i also received a note when i got my trade quest, is that a separate thing? my trade thing was to go from brit to new mag, the note wanted me to go to trinny or somewhere else... little lost on this
3 - holy beans is the spawn nuts, ill try it again later tonight and ill actually copy a character over and set up my desktop and macros and give it a good try but wowsers the spawn is bananas!
4 - if your in a party do you get more spawn and more loot when doing the trade quest?

1. You buy the trade goods from an NPC, fill up the chest with them.
2. The note is for Slim the Fence, you can either turn it in to him, or turn it into the respective city. Each side has different reward pools
3. Spawn is already confirmed as bugged and not scaling properly

You also dont have to go to Fel. You can run to a trammel city or sail to one. But if you want to take the easy route aka use a moongate, you can only use Fel options

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have heard stat loss has been adjusted to 10 minutes, atleast from a friend who tried it on TC. But noone has time for 2 hour battles anymore, are you crazy? Stat loss is a needed mechanic to keep fights flowing, instead of 2 hour sit in field and chokepoint fests.
Day 1 if factions I remember saying "Stat loss is stupid." All these years later I'm trying to think of another major MMO that makes your character unplayable in PVP after dying and I'm having trouble thinking of one. It just seems silly to me, you are supposed to encourage people to play a game or a system within that game, not make them unable to play for x minutes. How about we use the durability system we already have in place? When you die your armor takes a 5 point or so hit across the board. That way you pay for death with durability loss and insurance (which the costs have gone up on). This brings it more in line with modern game development that encourages playing instead of bricking your character.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I would not call the Fel option the easy route.
To finish the quest, you have to stay alive and deliver the box including the items.

No matter what route you take, it will take some time and you mostly must both run and sail.
In Trammel, you can easy run from the monsters spawn, but when they get fixed the spawn, you should get a better reward if you kill it.

If you choose to go to Fel, you can't use moongate to any of the 3 towns, you have to choose maybe New Magincia and then sail to them one at the time and seach the taverns for Slim the Fence. If lucky, he is on the first towns you sail too, I had to try all 3 before I found him. If you have really bad luck, someone find him before you and turn in an order and he may move to one of the towns you already was in. Also if you run into a PK on the way, he may not be as easy to get away from as the monsters. If you die, order box are gone and so are your quest.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 1 if factions I remember saying "Stat loss is stupid." All these years later I'm trying to think of another major MMO that makes your character unplayable in PVP after dying and I'm having trouble thinking of one. It just seems silly to me, you are supposed to encourage people to play a game or a system within that game, not make them unable to play for x minutes. How about we use the durability system we already have in place? When you die your armor takes a 5 point or so hit across the board. That way you pay for death with durability loss and insurance (which the costs have gone up on). This brings it more in line with modern game development that encourages playing instead of bricking your character.
i think insurance costs would have to go way up for this to have an effect. id say 500k to 1mil per death and people would think twice about risky situations.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I did.. after reading about the bug here... (hadn't hit UO yet today thankfully) I didn't even try to get the patch I just ran UOSA from the folder bypassing the patch client.. works fine for me.. I'm using the computer in the guest room to try out the new stuff.. I do have to admit using the CC kinda brings back a certain nostalgia..

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is what I did.. after reading about the bug here... (hadn't hit UO yet today thankfully) I didn't even try to get the patch I just ran UOSA from the folder bypassing the patch client.. works fine for me.. I'm using the computer in the guest room to try out the new stuff.. I do have to admit using the CC kinda brings back a certain nostalgia..
They have patched that bug by now, luckily.

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VvV - I don't like this in towns it should just be an instanced area that has nothing to do with the current landmass. All special items will only work in this instanced are. any special buffs or effects only effect people in the instanced battleground. People not involved in VvV cant go into the instanced area. Hopefully they also make it obvious who's on what side such as colored robes you cant take off while in the instanced area. This whole thing screams instanced area for the above reasons and many more. When your finished fighting you just port back to the regular landmass and go about your business. Another thing that would be nice if this could be is a battleground accessible by all shards, talk about big fights.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most other MMOs dont have scenarios where you are in the same battle for over 2 hours thanks to choke points and fields.

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just did a couple of trade quests and my thoughts are as follows: Using a 4x120 bard with 120 magery and 120 med. Overland quest in trammel from trinsic to britain and then back to trinsic.
Spawn was brigands, spiders and ettins. easily out ran them. Stopped to provo a spider onto an ettin. Failed 4 times. Isolated the ettin and disco'd it. failed disco a couple times before it took. two ev's on a disco'd ettin. I left after 15 minutes because the ev's were only doing 7 hp hits and the ettin was chewing through them too fast and health bar was not showing much, if any, damage. provoing two ettins so strong they can't kill each other is like watching paint dry.

I can appreciate a challenge, but giving a monster 10,000 hit points is just lame. I don't have time for that.
The first quest I got 56 black dragon scales and on the second I got 50-some odd spined leather.

Last edited: