• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Drops for the new encounter.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmm. Yeah, I always forget to look for that Gargoyle Only line. My mistake, atleast the slayer is random.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed that on one of the blades the poison damage was 70% - as a Spider Slayer I wouldn't have thought that was particularly good against Navrey.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I sitting here hoping there might be some armor, jewelry, or a talisman in the new drops. Seems like only weapons at the moment. Hard to justify their use when you can custom imbue an item for your needs and the 2h weapons have a 5 property 600 intensity cap for exceptional. Unless bane is so powerful I cannot see any of these being used by any of my chars.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice catch! Yes, that is indeed an Easter egg rare! Congrats!

So can a character who has completed the quest still throw hooks and pull up the fishing pole or do you need to try your luck before completing the quest?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So can a character who has completed the quest still throw hooks and pull up the fishing pole or do you need to try your luck before completing the quest?
Wish that were true for the Master Instructor in Ilsh Sorcerer's too tho. Was fortunate enough to snag a paragon chest off of him in my first run through on Kreepy. But none of the other times, :( But, that's aight, that chest should have some decent value with each character only being able to kill it off once :D

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What about not completing the quest?

On 1 char, I got the debris and turned it in, but kinda stopped there... If I keep using hooks do I have a chance to get more debris/fishing pole?
That will work too. It's independent of your level of completion in the quest, but you do *have* to have spoken to Hepler (Dbl clicked him).

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I stopped getting debris after I handled one to him, but I will keep tossing those hooks until that bloody golden thing is mine!

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really I ask the final boss to be instances like exodus when you put keys, its only open to those who are in the party at the moment you double click the lever, just like melissande when you doube click the key, or any other peerless. And After maybe 5 minutes, a second can be opened by another group ( there is 2 others cargos hold on the boat) so it could have three instances running at same time at max. Because right now I see alot of grief like players waiting outside the entrance for other players who can kill the boss for them, because they cant kill it with their friends. Or poeple joining when the boss is half dead and hit like not even 10% of the top attacker damage and get credit for almost no work from their side.

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because right now I see alot of grief like players waiting outside the entrance for other players who can kill the boss for them, because they cant kill it with their friends. Or poeple joining when the boss is half dead and hit like not even 10% of the top attacker damage and get credit for almost no work from their side.
Honestly, how is that griefing?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Honestly, how is that griefing?

I agree with Prom here. There are LOTS of folks who are in smaller guilds etc who stand no chance at defeating the final boss with how it is. Now if they are the type of people who never help kill off the barrels and stuff to assist in getting the final keys, or never cross heal or rez folks... then yeah... I could see that as a lazy butt rascal. With how it is now it attempts to build the community some more by making folks who would not normally run across each other actually work as a team some and maybe even introduce them to folks they would not run across otherwise. If only for a brief time *shrugs*

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I agree with Prom here. There are LOTS of folks who are in smaller guilds etc who stand no chance at defeating the final boss with how it is. Now if they are the type of people who never help kill off the barrels and stuff to assist in getting the final keys, or never cross heal or rez folks... then yeah... I could see that as a lazy butt rascal. With how it is now it attempts to build the community some more by making folks who would not normally run across each other actually work as a team some and maybe even introduce them to folks they would not run across otherwise. If only for a brief time *shrugs*
/agree
I've been having more fun lately because of the fact I've run into less people with the elitist mentality that had been UO for quite some time. Bravo for people who offer to help, who throw a heal on the new player who's actually trying to participate, and the folks who are happy to join others to play.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
/agree
I've been having more fun lately because of the fact I've run into less people with the elitist mentality that had been UO for quite some time. Bravo for people who offer to help, who throw a heal on the new player who's actually trying to participate, and the folks who are happy to join others to play.

I did help many folks killing the boss maybe 10 times without a drop for us while seeing the others getting drops in my face and the fact they cant kill the boss without me, do you see my point now?

There are keys for the boss, this way it should be my option to go do the boss privately with who I want. I dont want bazillions folks who run everywhere and screw my tactics

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A group of 4 can kill the boss Under 20 minutes, if you dont, you are just not enought experienced. you want tips ? Ask me ill be glad to show you how. But please devs, open another cargo hold, a private instance at least, for those who want to do the encounter with their mates only. YOu can always let the current cargo public, how is that?

Last edited:

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no mana leech..., will never beat a mana leech weapon dps, unless you use wraith form with SS, but after a while you dont drain any mana on navreys when its out of mana
and for pvp purpose, i dont think its viable, no lower def, no lighting or hit spell, and double hit and paralize the specials, bah
Yep, they can add all the artifacts they want, but it it doesn't have hit mana leech over 90, isn't one-handed and doesn't have armor ignore or whirlwind, then I'm never going to touch it. I wonder if they actually tested any of these weapons on any modern PVE template cause so far they look completely useless compared to my 100 HML broadsword.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I played around with the one I got some... I stayed with my normal weapon until critter got low in health then I swapped to the bane weapon. I liked it a TON!! You don't need mana when that property hits. But to each their own :)

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A group of 4 can kill the boss Under 20 minutes, if you dont, you are just not enought experienced. you want tips ? Ask me ill be glad to show you how. But please devs, open another cargo hold, a private instance at least, for those who want to do the encounter with their mates only. YOu can always let the current cargo public, how is that?
I would love to know how you did this. My group... did not manage that... to say the least.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well we finally did get drops (two drops in same run), with some jerks tryign to get looting rights tho, well we got a crazy bow i dont want to spoil right now so ill let you the pleasure to discover it(its a crazy 8-mods crossbow ;): abhorrence which I guess theres the gargoyle version too probly a cyclone or soul glaive ?)

Last edited:

yenliu

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
well we finally did get drops (two drops in same run), with some jerks tryign to get looting rights tho, well we got a crazy bow i dont want to spoil right now so ill let you the pleasure to discover it(its a crazy 8-mods crossbow ;): abhorrence which I guess theres the gargoyle version too probly a cyclone or soul glaive ?)

Show us the BOW...... :)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Too many properties on these to even think about imbuing, even to replace one slayer with another.
I have employed a modicum of educated guesswork in listing the so far discovered artifacts. I don't think I will be proved mistaken.
http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/artifacts.php?category=3487
The "Craven" seems to be a Dual-Pointed Spear, instead of a "War Fork" because it's a two-handed weapon. I'd assume the human version would be a regular spear, or a short spear perhaps?

*Must kill more bosses, to find out!*

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, they can add all the artifacts they want, but it it doesn't have hit mana leech over 90, isn't one-handed and doesn't have armor ignore or whirlwind, then I'm never going to touch it. I wonder if they actually tested any of these weapons on any modern PVE template cause so far they look completely useless compared to my 100 HML broadsword.

They made the decision a long time ago to make it where special moved required mana, by doing so, they limited usable weapons to those with mana leach. Unless the weapon has some other ability/power/dps that is completely over the top, I don't see any other weapons being used honestly (unless they do some lame effect like reverse mana leach or you have to use X weapon on Y creature).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "Craven" seems to be a Dual-Pointed Spear, instead of a "War Fork" because it's a two-handed weapon. I'd assume the human version would be a regular spear, or a short spear perhaps?

*Must kill more bosses, to find out!*
Oops, you're right. I'll correct that.

For the matching damage and speed on the weapon the human equivelant would have to be the double bladed staff. I'll enter that when I'm sure I'm right

Last edited:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does it have HML, or would that be too crazy?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone have an idea of what the bow alters into?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now it's time to say that bow is OP ;D lol but no slayer mod hmm

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice to have a few OP artifacts again, rather than most artifacts being clearly inferior to crafted items.
The bracelet of health and bone crusher are very OP artifacts from Doom.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well i just tested the new bane bow and its not op at all, bane is just like a velocity in my opinion but I even prefer velocity since it can proc whatever the ennemy's hp at. So In my opinion bane is probly better for pvm, all said.

Avenrose

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well myself and 2 others has knocked out about 5 of them so far and nothing so yes we suck lol..anyone wonder on how to do it with 3 our way might not be the best but it works and was pretty quick, using 1 sampire,1 archer with taming and lore, and a disco tamer weaver..archer and tamer tames 2 crabs each, crabs attack with archer, archer back heals tamer, sampire kills dark wisp lol and our sampire had healing so he back healed also when can

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for my ignorance, but what does "OP" mean? I´d like to understand what you are taling about :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sorry for my ignorance, but what does "OP" mean? I´d like to understand what you are taling about :)
OP has two different meanings as far as I know... Over Powered or Original Poster. So far they have used it as overpowered.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Kylie,

"overpowered" was my first guess, too... But when I read about Bracelet of Health and Bonecrusher, I wasn´t quite sure anymore. But now I understand what I had missed: It must have been IRONY... ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It must have been IRONY... ;)
lol

Ahhhh... yeah, irony and sarcasm can be difficult to grasp, especially when in written form. There is a great mind that is tripped up by that a LOT... we can make you a sign up like the gang did for him on a few occasions.... ;)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol

Ahhhh... yeah, irony and sarcasm can be difficult to grasp, especially when in written form. There is a great mind that is tripped up by that a LOT... we can make you a sign up like the gang did for him on a few occasions.... ;)

HAHAHA! Great! Yea - that would help a bit. The problem multiplies for people like me who are non-native speakers of this wonderful language.

But enough said before we go...

:offtopic:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Covenant and I have been farming this boss now and I think we got it down pretty smooth now :) It's usually just the two of us (2 bards, 1 sampire, 1 whammie) and it will take us 8-10m.

Here's our latest kill, fight lasted 7 minutes. I died at the end when I switched to my luck suit, but it was the only death. We usually do this encounter with 0 deaths.

EDIT: I hate how youtube reduces the quality of streams, check this out to view it clearly:
http://www.twitch.tv/sibble_us/c/2950464

I hover over my weapon so you can see what I'm using.

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im not sure if putting the luck before death will really give the luck added, hard to test tho. I farm this boss with 3 others chars, us 4 clear it in about 12min but two of us have heavy luck suit during whole fight, so far we got about 8 drops in almost 20 runs. And we dont have warriors we doing it with crabs, and bards. One tamer is myst, the other tamer is necro with wither

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im not sure if putting the luck before death will really give the luck added, hard to test tho. I farm this boss with 3 others chars, us 4 clear it in about 12min but two of us have heavy luck suit during whole fight, so far we got about 8 drops in almost 20 runs. And we dont have warriors we doing it with crabs, and bards. One tamer is myst, the other tamer is necro with wither
Yeah, not sure if it helps or if the RNG is just rolling good for us, we've gotten a drop about 80% of each run so far, but we have yet to get more than one drop in a single run.