• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WHO do you miss most from your UO past?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Ursula, my guild leader from the past on GL, that mothered all of us noobs then and taught us trades like smithy, tailoring, making armor. She had a home on Tokuno, then moved to Baja. And Tar'n Feathers, great archer and good sense of humor, that started having blurred vision from playing too much UO..
And most recently, Rook my recent guild leader who vanished from the game sadly ( I hope it was just busy time at work ), who would make armor for guild mates, and share his knowledge of the game at any time. Haven't seen Rook for 2 months in game..I hope he comes back.:sad4:

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
Most people have met someone in UO that quit, and they miss seeing around, who is yours? Mine was a fellow named Roar from Chesapeake. Always a great guy to PvP with, always up to raid/do spawns, and didn't have a greedy bone in his body. Him and Diekruz were my two best IDOCing buddies.
Mine is my buddy Lydia... been trying to get her to play again, but she's not having any of it. Atlantic feels empty without her for sure...

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh good grief ...

From Stratics ... Solarm, Marikus
From Pac ... Hardrider, Mistress Vic, Aramis and all the other KoP guildies
In general ... Leandra, Lindy, Arla the miner

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most people have met someone in UO that quit, and they miss seeing around, who is yours? Mine was a fellow named Roar from Chesapeake. Always a great guy to PvP with, always up to raid/do spawns, and didn't have a greedy bone in his body. Him and Diekruz were my two best IDOCing buddies.
I remember Roar, I was in Champs with him for a while. I think he was also in D*K, and pwni with me as well. Great dude. I also remember great guild fights against Champs when I was in BiC..
FYI my Char was Dragor.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
No brainer - Smithy the Smith and his son Scriber. Both early members of the guild "Guardians of Britannia" on Atlantic. Smithy taught me all about crafting and Scriber about PvP in those early days.

Wait... Aries, a young mofo who wanted nothing more than a few regs to kill whoever he saw moving, the boy had an itch to kill that was unsatiable. I had to mine from time to time to make gear so he'd pop up on ICQ saying lets go boat PKing. There were lots of boats along the North Minoc wall at the time because the mines were infested with reds.

Hmm, Myst and Angel, mom and friend of the guild leader Shadowcaster... we had some amazing times destroying Max Prophet and his Lords of Death guild in the trin swamps.

OK, too many, Voivod, Wolfgar... just too many. The game was fresh, new and awesome back then. Spare 10k for a wep? No lockdowns or decay, no skill locks, no scripting, yet... this game still exists today because of how awesome it was back then. They thought 30,000 would play but subs went over a million at one point. Good times and good people all. Everything might be "safer" now, but if you played back then you know that safer doesn't mean better.

edit: I even miss the guys who were the biggest pain in the behind too, like the SSJ guild and their leader Gohan and super predators like Jarlaxle and Gix. My neighbor creeped me out too, he roleplayed a thief and I can't tell you how many times he snuck into my house when I did the quick enter and door lock. He never stole anything, nothing was locked down, but he'd sit there a good long time and eventually say "NEED A HAND WITH THAT" and appear next to me with red text.... back then when red came on the screen you jolted a bit. He was such an ass.... loved it.

Last edited:

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn’t realize he was MIA till now. I think abt him time to time. I ran my 1st ever auction & we had a small issue (my fault since I’d never done an auction before). Shame he’s not around anymore. Seemed like a good guy that did a crapload of work for other players in general. Always figured I’d just make it up to him someday. Hope I get the chance.

Few of the names I’ve read still play & I’ve seen them in game but they got tired of the drama so just log on to do their own thing. They’re still around just not so visible.

For me, there’s just to many folks missed to name. So many friends quit the game due to playing against hackers/cheaters. Literally 6 or 7 dozen guildmates, in game friends, & all my irl friends (a good sized group of us start together in college 97-98) quit after telling me basically, “I can’t take this crap anymore. EA/UO won’t enforce their own TOS so why bother. I need a new game. Good luck bro.” Disappointing to say the least.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Didn’t realize he was MIA till now. I think abt him time to time. I ran my 1st ever auction & we had a small issue (my fault since I’d never done an auction before). Shame he’s not around anymore. Seemed like a good guy that did a crapload of work for other players in general. Always figured I’d just make it up to him someday. Hope I get the chance.

Few of the names I’ve read still play & I’ve seen them in game but they got tired of the drama so just log on to do their own thing. They’re still around just not so visible.

For me, there’s just to many folks missed to name. So many friends quit the game due to playing against hackers/cheaters. Literally 6 or 7 dozen guildmates, in game friends, & all my irl friends (a good sized group of us start together in college 97-98) quit after telling me basically, “I can’t take this crap anymore. EA/UO won’t enforce their own TOS so why bother. I need a new game. Good luck bro.” Disappointing to say the least.
Yep pretty much that... and a few left after having their accounts hacked and EA/UO did nothing about it... basically treating victims like criminals... and few others left after getting scammed or other things.... few quit as they were sick and tired of paging a GM with no response... till long after it was too late. Many other reasons...

Worse is the ones who are no longer here because they have passed on... older I get the more likely that will be why I leave UO.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Chad Sexington, I never met the guy personally, but everything I do is because of him. The destruction of his monument will not go unpunished!

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss the old Europa server. Unbelievable vital server. I remember a harrower battle with really hundreds of players involved. Gates opening and guilds pooring out. I play Atlantic now from Germany, but my heart is at Europa Server.

I remember the members of british NDK guild - Lookfar I think was the guild leader, and Mythos, MadProff, Max Paine etc. (some names maybe spelled not the right way). I remember Epyc. Great times with lots of death robes ...

Bill Nye

Visitor
Where is all of the old PK-HQ crew? And old school Catskills? 97-01

Shout out to Ifrit, Mon, Tragic Magic, Mephisto, Soul Harvester, TiCaL, and many many others... especially my #1 running mate Doc Holiday may he rest in peace he passed away in 2014

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From my early years on GL (My main was Vin then)

Earte for giving me a place to stay in her house while i was a homeless newbie
EDA -been in a couple different guilds with him
Pandora - cant remember if we were ever in the same guild but we played a lot together
Many of the old BTH and TDR gang
and of course BC for always being such gracious losers :lick:

Later on i moved to Pacific where i eventually wound up in FL (again as Vin) where i met tons of cool people (way to many to list or even remember! ) But i do have particularly fond memories of the morning coffee crew doing champ runs/raids with Hag and Loki.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
From my early years on GL (My main was Vin then)

Earte for giving me a place to stay in her house while i was a homeless newbie
EDA -been in a couple different guilds with him
Pandora - cant remember if we were ever in the same guild but we played a lot together
Many of the old BTH and TDR gang
and of course BC for always being such gracious losers :lick:

Later on i moved to Pacific where i eventually wound up in FL (again as Vin) where i met tons of cool people (way to many to list or even remember! ) But i do have particularly fond memories of the morning coffee crew doing champ runs/raids with Hag and Loki.
I see Earte from time to time... was my neighbor for many a year... lovely couple... always like them.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yesterday was a sad day for me. I went to GL for a bit to check on some things including Macy's of Moonglow which I like to do now and again for old times sake. It's gone. Anyone know what happened to Venus? Someone said she left the game. Not sure if they were stating the truth.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lots of people over the years on Great Lakes but miss Flossy/Sadie the most. She was the glue that held our guild together. One of the real good people in UO. Had many a good times with her and the team in Ventrillo doing whatever.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I miss looking for idocs and being the only one there when it dropped or a few people....I stopped when the same people would find every one with a train of bots and clean it up in no time...

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Early UOSS Staffers...
XenaDragon, Den Dragon, Pelle, Moo (especially Pelle & Moo - FRENCH FRIES ON NAPA!!!)

Atlantic
  • Anyone I hung out with from AYN (All Yew Need)
  • MudPuppy
  • Mother and Norman Bates
  • Kayla Kameron (my evil sis who got me addicted to UO in the first place)

Napa
  • Besides Pelle and Moo....
  • Sha'ar and Sharia of the City of Mith... if you guys see this... ((((hugs)))) I did really try to save it all... :(
  • Adam Ant (yes, THAT Adam Ant)
  • Lady Jade
  • Any of the GUL (Guardians of the Undead Lords) - they were the ones who got me interested in PvP
  • Brontos
  • A certain Irishman I shall not name lest it summons him (best friend turned worst enemy - now I just feel nostalgia and miss bantering with him)
  • Anyone from the Cult of Midnight Wraith (such worthy foes)
  • And speaking of that cult, must make mention of Silas, for his RPing was just about as on point as could get
  • All of the Vampires of Carafax, particularly Scotia himself who is now in WoW and tempts me to go there and slay his undead butt
  • Everyone from the first guild I ever formed, Pagans of Evergreen (PoE) which became the Fifth Company of Yew (5th)
  • The Xerad Clan (especially Ronas - good man)
  • Kyverl, perhaps the only other guild leader to feel as I did when Lord British "disappeared" - we pissed off Theowulf something fierce, but he understood our reasonings and we knew his hands were tied. We were the only ones to refuse the "honor" of the gods... which ticked them off to no end.
  • Pikeman and Cephas of Veritas (where you guys at again?)
  • Theowulf... "THE EVENT IS THE REWARD!!!" I will never forget those words for they are the truth!
Wilki, he was very much a community person.
RG & SL - for this is their world... and the EMs who "play" their toons are just no replacement what-so-ever.

And I miss REAL, free-formed RP with a set RoE that everyone agreed upon (which really is common sense stuff when you think about it).
That is what I really miss... that Spirit of Sosaria.

But I hope... I do.... I putter on Pacific now, mostly silent, and hope.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ursula, my guild leader from the past on GL, that mothered all of us noobs then and taught us trades like smithy, tailoring, making armor. She had a home on Tokuno, then moved to Baja. And Tar'n Feathers, great archer and good sense of humor, that started having blurred vision from playing too much UO..
And most recently, Rook my recent guild leader who vanished from the game sadly ( I hope it was just busy time at work ), who would make armor for guild mates, and share his knowledge of the game at any time. Haven't seen Rook for 2 months in game..I hope he comes back.:sad4:
Message me, please. Don't know how I missed this a year ago.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
when I first played I had a friend who loved to gather keys for Lady M.
When I would get home from work, I would go with him and my cousin to do either Lady M or Sleeping Dragon.
It was awesome watching how quickly the stealth ninja archer would move.
He liked to do the mirror image a lot.
I was sad when I came back to the game and he no longer plays...

I also had another friend, Argon.
He gave me money when I first started playing.
he friended me to his house and I would take him stuff as a thank you for all his help.
I repayed him the money he loaned me when I first started playing.
He didn't want to take it, but I told him he could use it for someone else.
When I returned to the game, I left a note on his bulletin board...
saying how much I missed his friendship and I hoped he was doing ok.
The next time I came to his house, I was no longer friended.
I didn't understand why I was unfriended.
I was very confused... until about two years ago.
When running a trade order, I passed a house and stopped to read the names on some statues.
I saw several statues with his characters names.
And realized it was a memorial that his mother put up...
He is gone but not forgotten...

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I miss Draconi, Hanse, Wilki, and Mr. Tact.
I miss Patrick/Leurocean. He was the only dev to really listen and we had an email chain where I spelled out about 25 bugs with the new crafting items (bows and such) and he fixed them all. Nice to have someone listen and actually fix broken items. Stuff like a bow would get a SSI mod using a runic but if you used ash wood it would always be 11% which made no sense. It was a decimal rounding error. He actually listened, understood and fixed.

Those were the days....

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pikeman and Cephas of Veritas (where you guys at again?)
Waiting for you on Catskills.:D
As for Cephas though, as I recall the old computer he played UO with broke down a few years ago, and so he decided to step away from UO to focus on real life.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Aries circa 1999 on Atlantic - "C'mon, let's go boat PK!"

Wherever life took you Jake (the military I think) I hope you always kept that flame burning bright. Fearless, so full of energy, talented... one of the good ones.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Waiting for you on Catskills.:D
Nails has all the good castle spots in Yew there.... and if I move again, a castle in Yew is a necessity now.

But will visit you... moved back east now and the ping is soooo much better than it was in Hawaii. :D

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From EA, Leurocian (Loved his Paragon system), MrTact, Draconi and especially CatHat (Dave?), he was awesome, he would've made an awesome community guy.
From UO, yea a lot of people, especially posters/staffers from UOForums.com, before it shut down, luckily I do keep in touch with a few via social media.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the reds at Yew Fel gate on chessy.
I used to be one of those reds on Chessy. Pking isn't rewarding anymore and you spend 99% of the time wandering an empty wasteland. In short; Oath left Chessy and no one has really filled the void left by the spawner guild.

Regardless, the point of being a PK is to be a villain and there is no room for a villain anymore. Especially a solo villain. It's all about small teams of synch dumps, or disarm/bleed walk/deathstrike whatever. There used to be constant spawners, farmers (gold and resources), people training etc. And you can't even attack people in a house anymore! So the use of a PK is pretty much gone. No carrot on a stick for us!

I have no interest in dueling aanymore, I have an old computer and never could do that auto target stuff well, it's not fun to me to use the que system or to spam harm for 15 mins. Field fights require people and mages, which isn't on Chessy. So my fun is gone. Which is whatever, get skills, adapt or move on. I moved on.

I'd rather eat the royal pardon and go play 95% of the game I never got to see.
Besides I'm not nearly as good, nor do I care to be as good, as I once was. Not that I was the best, but I was definitely not a push over.

As for who I miss the most,
I miss Sadistica from TBA. She showed me so much stuff for PvP and playing UO in Fel. She got me hooked on PvP and that lasted for a long long time.
I miss Jalisco, he killed me so many times until I started to see the combos and learned from every death he gave me. Instrumental in me learning my combos and making my own. I'll never forget the rikky you stole from me and guardwacked!
I miss KMS, he was 100% the driving force behind Sonoma PvP and when he left it never picked up again. Long live Sonoma Brit Gate PVP. :heart: Good dueler too, always respected how he ran his group.
Big B played the only 4/6 chiv mage tamer I ever met. Casted explodes off scrolls. :heart: loved that guy tho, gave me a great intro to Chessy.
Van Helsing from Chessy, I loved to hate the guy but his passing was sad as he was a very active player. He also was the reason Oath was formed, so he always had my appreciation for that.
And finally I miss Mysti, the leader of KMR on Sonoma. She passed away recently and it hurts everytime I log in and know you are gone. :heart:

Seems a lot of the population of UO is literally passing away. Adds yet another layer to the nostalgia pang you feel when you log in.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I miss all the Old School Players that rather play the game then Cr@p Talk about the Devs. on every little thing they can think of. Although there is a great amount of Info here a select few rather Whine about ANYTHING than actually just enjoy the Game we have. Its gotten pretty pathetic and petty. J/S

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who I don’t miss is the producer of
Samurai Empire
And......
Time of legends (soon I hope)

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bilbo/Matman, Scarlet, Sundina and a whole bunch of other old, cool pvpers that ran around Chessy long, long ago.

Setra

Visitor
From Siege I miss:

Sarai
Lord Mark
Fogma DevilDjinn
Markus C
Uncle Check
Adam and Hands FA
Herog
Jesse James
Silas
and alot more

From Atlantic I miss:

Man o War
Setra of Eshin
Krell of Eshin
Khain of Eshin
Patrick
STEEL
KILJOX
Lady Zen
FletLess

I remember a player named Roar too but he was on Atlantic looong ago
Omg

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Europa
I miss from ACG idoc times.......

Whispering Green
Joe Green (I was absolutely gutted and somewhat heartbroken when he quit for the last time)
Frey
Serafi (joined us for a short time while visiting shard)
Pricilla

WoY guild members who are not active now

Will, Xavier etc

Other Europa players

Zofinor
Lady Alcestis
Lady Bones
Butters ( thanks for the rift pillar)
Lucy of Kenton (SORT YOUR COMPUTER OUT!!!)
Lord Lonestrike (my first trader)

THP

I miss Draconi :(

Last edited:

leloyon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Coffeebreak and his sister from Great Lakes, I miss ya buds. I don't remember what guild we ran with, but I miss y'all too!

On Lake Superior, I miss all my UDC mates and being the best meat shield I could possibly be.

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When I was a very young player in...1999-2000, there was a player called Exmortis on Catskills. He wore all black and hung out at East Britain Bank all the time. I don't remember how we became friends but pretty much every night we would hang out at the bank (along with everyone else in the world). There were many times that he gave advice and even gold or interesting items.

I don't miss this character but...the first time I was PKed was by Qui Gon Jinn of Catskills. I just remember seeing a red name in the woods east of Britain and my sister yelling "RUN!". The last words I saw on my screen were "Corp Por". While I don't miss him, he is a great reminder of the dangers we faced in the woods before the creation of Trammel.