• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WHO do you miss most from your UO past?

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Best person I ever played with on Chessy/Sonoma was easily Gallin. We had a blast together, probably one of the deadlier duos on Sonoma despite out brutal connection. There was some pretty talented people over there though I could not beat, I maybe got to top 3 duelists on that server.

I played Chesapeake a lot with !C! / CHAMPS. Rukus/Astaraoth, Roar, Diakruz, Banana and even Serik/Mikey were great guys. Warkraft too. I remember joining for a few weeks and then logging in for 1 day and seeing I was booted from the guild. Opened ICQ. I see CHAMPS had split thanks to Roadrunner and Jughead. Re-joined !C! after getting the message from Mikey. Beat those guys off Chesapeake where they became VAMP on Lake Austin.

I am surprised at how fast this all came back.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Just dropped in to say hello.
It's amazing how long this thread has been around.
I still miss everyone I once played with... and some I only knew from these forums.

Best wishes to all, known or unknown. *hugs*

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The adults that were nice. I guess those people though eventually moved onto bigger and better things. The ones that were *******s then have never aged, they are *******s now.

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I miss the "real" Pet Phoenix model...…...
If we're talking UO graphics, I miss all the old monsters/animals that were turned into horrible paper mache models when LBR came out. I miss the old big chunky pre-lbr balron.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss all old UO. I miss running a shard (PvP wise) with my buddies in PWNI, RoT, UHOH.... Etc. Good times. Sucks getting old and becoming an adult and having to work and get a life.

Ps: This is Lox to anyone who reads this and remembers me, or I had an impact on your UO (or Real) life. =)

Shoot me a PM. I'll probably answer back in 5 months. Lol.

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And finally I miss Mysti, the leader of KMR on Sonoma. She passed away recently and it hurts everytime I log in and know you are gone.
Is this true? I was also in KMR. I Have not seen her for several years, because she changed servers.

Beady_Eyes

Visitor
Most people have met someone in UO that quit, and they miss seeing around, who is yours? Mine was a fellow named Roar from Chesapeake. Always a great guy to PvP with, always up to raid/do spawns, and didn't have a greedy bone in his body. Him and Diekruz were my two best IDOCing buddies.
Goodmen :(
Barton
Tazar

All on Atl.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss KMS, he was 100% the driving force behind Sonoma PvP and when he left it never picked up again. Long live Sonoma Brit Gate PVP. :heart: Good dueler too, always respected how he ran his group.

And finally I miss Mysti, the leader of KMR on Sonoma. She passed away recently and it hurts everytime I log in and know you are gone. :heart:
Kev was a good dude. I was in COP for a littile while and against them at times too. Always about the fun and he never took things personally from what I saw.

That makes me sad to hear about Mysti. I still have my old KmR suit crafted by SexyMiner. She and I were somewhat close back in the day but lost touch over time.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Solid Snake
He was a hard core PvPer (upset of me)
I ran into him back in 2003 (not on good terms but became friends)
Best friend you could ask for in UO

Hope he’s having a better life

Good soul in a bad place in life

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kev was a good dude. I was in COP for a littile while and against them at times too. Always about the fun and he never took things personally from what I saw.

That makes me sad to hear about Mysti. I still have my old KmR suit crafted by SexyMiner. She and I were somewhat close back in the day but lost touch over time.
I was very sad to hear about Mysti..we lost touch when she moved the guild to Chessy. So many good memories of Ordo Sylvanus and KmR hunting together. :(

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I Miss a bagillion people in this game, but a few like Captn, Soc, Nails, Suko, Athelas and the whole Treasure Trove crew... all my rares community friends and all the great old faction pvp/ 24 hour holds/raids...

I miss UO, but i just can't these days - too busy.

Stopping by just to say hi! miss you all... cant forget Flutter since she photo bombed me :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I Miss a bagillion people in this game, but a few like Captn, Soc, Nails, Suko, Athelas and the whole Treasure Trove crew... all my rares community friends and all the great old faction pvp/ 24 hour holds/raids...

I miss UO, but i just can't these days - too busy.

Stopping by just to say hi! miss you all... cant forget Flutter since she photo bombed me :)
It's awesome to hear from you again! We miss you too. You know I'll always be around, whenever you do decide to come back and visit us :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Isn't soc back

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk
Yep, he is, I noticed him posting in a group ICQ chat a few days ago. It's really nice to see people returning lately.

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most people have met someone in UO that quit, and they miss seeing around, who is yours? Mine was a fellow named Roar from Chesapeake. Always a great guy to PvP with, always up to raid/do spawns, and didn't have a greedy bone in his body. Him and Diekruz were my two best IDOCing buddies.
My daughters. It was the reason I started playing almost 19 years ago. It is funny, I joined to play with them, and they eventually grew up and left, while I came back. Never played games. Never was a gamer. But, then, there is UO. I guess I could sit tight and figure it out, then again, it is not important. It is just the escape from real life that hits the spot.

Rune Artisem

Visitor
I miss a guy who played on Atlantic under the name 'Ice Cream Genius'. He was a coworker who had gotten on UO from the start. He helped me out early on when I started in 1999, before I got into the RP community on Atlantic. We stayed in touch after I left the place we worked at. He was a cool dude.

Last time we chatted, he remarked how he was really looking forward to seeing Return of the King in theatres. Sadly, he passed away in early 2003. He was only in his early-to-mid 30s.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Sonoma:

Astinus, Ryin (the Rove One), NBK, Rodimus, Kingtoad, and Nara (the Most Rove).

Rial Stirling, the one fair innkeeper the YMCA ever had, RIP.

Kender, GM blacksmith with a large forge (placed 12/31/97) at the Skara-Yew crossroads.

WL guild: not the best PvP guild, but very good PvPers in their own right, and the best PvPing RP guild at the time. When we were still learning mage tactics, they'd pull tricks like invising their guy being barraged. That took great teamwork in the dial-up days before party/guild chat, let alone voice chat.

DLS aka oOo: great partners in crime, met through a friend. One night one of them and I started talking at a GM-blessed house, so we had a duel that I won, and that Alaura Daunam was later super surprised to find he knew all my RP characters. I never understood why Keys did what he did. Maybe when Trammel opened, he thought he might as well go out with a bang. He was friends with a counselor, who teleported his red into Trammel one day. The algorithm at the time apparently checked only for blue against blue, and allowed all other attacks, because his red was able to run around and PK whoever he could. He was caught fast and was definitely up for a ban.

SAS guild: once their exploiters left (banned or quit), the ones remaining could become my good friends, and I was asked to join. I actually had the honor of holding the guildstone once upon a time. One of my first UO memories was seeing their tamer sicc three dragons on guild war enemies at WBB. Before taming skill gains were fixed, it was all too easy to macro taming and releasing horses in your house.

And then there's Thraximus Zog, whose derring-do dirtnaps (ususally by my hand) are why I took on my Stratics handle. There are few people in the game I took such pleasure in killing, because of all the newbies and unsuspecting players he scammed. Before secure house trades, he'd ask for a 50K deposit on a 2-story, which he didn't turn out to own anyway.

segmentman

Adventurer
All my guildmates from L#S of Atlantic, .....only I remain......some others, Sadoux, Digger.....I owe digger a lot, he litterally gave me his house near Trinsic mountains...loaded with goods and a serious collection of old juka bows. Miss ya bud.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A character called Sisko.

At the very start, we were new characters based in Vesper. We hung out on Vesper beach - with a crowd of new players, just enjoying hanging out, and slowly training up, there was a crowd of players by the Inn on the beach there - the atmosphere was like we were all having a beach barbeque, and we would venture out to kill mongbats, or the undead in the cemetary, or walk across to Cove for the Orcs, just that was exciting, and there were PKers who would hang just outside the guardzone in Vesper, so anything we did, we ran the gauntlet, and it was so much fun.

Then later on, we bought the tiny marble house in Yew, and set-up. He quit 1-2 years in, and I basically never saw him again. He went very much into the Trammel PvM route, and I went the Felucca PvP route. But they were good days.

Last edited:

Shiro

Adventurer
The old cavaliers of catskills. Old riders of virtue on cats and ine special friend that passed a few years ago.

Wow looking though this is opening up memory lane.
Chessy in 97-04 was great.
Stormhammer -S- was a great gm
Nighthawk, always organized duels at the chaos shrine.
Hatsumi, Diana, Archon, Lestat, Necro, Raoul, Jahz, Vipe, Mynock, others were always great people to play with in -S-

LoM
Xander Sunstar, Brooklyn, aWarMachine we’re great to go hunting pks with.

Then to log on to my Pk and go kill with MDK.

The west roads with BTF and Brutus, Ogre, and slade (one of the first gm poisoners) was always fun.
Battling KoC OiN -Z- (Paladins guild) A*G
Then the graveyards fights with the thieves of Seven. Yes I played way to much back then but it was fun.
Yes I am still alive everyone that remembers me , fond memories from Son of Sam, KiD HaRd

SevenDF

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Drachenfels: Thank god some of my best friends still play UO. Non the less the list of missing players is way longer … I can’t remember all names but a few … Kyrgon Malcheton, Capsoni, Moelli, Madsim, Lady Realfresh and the whole ChG Group. UO was so much more fun back in the old days

drizztdagrimm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best person I ever played with on Chessy/Sonoma was easily Gallin. We had a blast together, probably one of the deadlier duos on Sonoma despite out brutal connection. There was some pretty talented people over there though I could not beat, I maybe got to top 3 duelists on that server.

I played Chesapeake a lot with !C! / CHAMPS. Rukus/Astaraoth, Roar, Diakruz, Banana and even Serik/Mikey were great guys. Warkraft too. I remember joining for a few weeks and then logging in for 1 day and seeing I was booted from the guild. Opened ICQ. I see CHAMPS had split thanks to Roadrunner and Jughead. Re-joined !C! after getting the message from Mikey. Beat those guys off Chesapeake where they became VAMP on Lake Austin.

I am surprised at how fast this all came back.
you forgot your best friend Ramm! come play wow classic ill hook ya up!

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Drachenfels: Thank god some of my best friends still play UO. Non the less the list of missing players is way longer … I can’t remember all names but a few … Kyrgon Malcheton, Capsoni, Moelli, Madsim, Lady Realfresh and the whole ChG Group. UO was so much more fun back in the old days
And/or we were younger... :p ;)
SR

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There may be some people that I have forgotten, who I wish I could remember. All of these names are from my days on Napa Valley, 2000 - 2007.

From my guild:
-Kyla Bladedancer
-Misty/Magellan
-Minoe LaBlanc
-black adder/Akken Xatu
-Jon Snow
-jack
-Avatar of Virtue / Derek Frostmourne

From Veritas:
-Aupinautu
-Kyverl
-Cephas
-Azure
-Flotsam
-Yantri Ackbar

From the Cult of the Midnight Wraiths:
-Silas Duvry
-Kael
-Taivena
-Fekule
(there are several other notable cultists, but most of them I met in WoW)

A few individuals, some of whom I got to know, and some who I did not know all that well, but all of whom nevertheless left an impression on me:
-Kirthag
-Lady Dawn Rose
-Whispering Winds
-Order of Chaos
-Lord Hammers Bane
-Charisma
-Swamp Thing
-Lord Omega Shadow
-Book Dude
-Elbryan Uthador
-Sir Tedley

The one I miss the most, however, is my good friend Terrance Drith.

Last edited:

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the first guild i joined : Aira
From the second I joined and stayed: Kyrgon Malcheton

But I mostly miss on Drachenfels : Nachteule (Eulchen)

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
There may be some people that I have forgotten, who I wish I could remember. All of these names are from my days on Napa Valley, 2000 - 2007.

From my guild:
-Kyla Bladedancer
-Misty/Magellan
-Minoe LaBlanc
-black adder/Akken Xatu
-Jon Snow
-A player whose name sadly escapes me, and who I wish I had made a stronger effort to keep in my guild. I remember him by the berserker's maul he always carried.

From Veritas:
-Aupinautu
-Kyverl
-Cephas
-Azure
-Flotsam
-Yantri Ackbar

From the Cult of the Midnight Wraiths:
-Silas Duvry
-Kael
-Taivena
-Fekule
(there are several other notable cultists, but most of them I met in WoW)

A few individuals, some of whom I got to know, and some who I did not know all that well, but all of whom nevertheless left an impression on me:
-Kirthag
-Lady Dawn Rose
-Whispering Winds
-Order of Chaos
-Lord Hammers Bane
-Charisma
-Swamp Thing
-Lord Omega Shadow
-Book Dude
-Elbryan Uthador
-Sir Tedley

The one I miss the most, however, is my good friend Terrance Drith.
so many good ppl.... We Napa expats hafta do some old-skool nakid dungeon crawl sometime! hehehe!
I'm still around my friend - I check on my holdings in Fel once in a while - just a bit distracted by that thing called education. Graduating in spring - and soooo itching to get back into things on a regular basis!
Have some ale for me at the Salty Dog, eh? I'll try to pop up during the holiday break.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I miss the extreme gamers who took UO to it's limit, both good and bad.

- On Atlantic if Gohan showed up on screen with his mates Jarlaxle or Gix everything(and everyone) would die, it was impressive.
- The Atl guild "Guardians of Britania", Shadowcaster was GM but his mom Myst was the heart of the guild along with Angel and Voivod
- Smithy the smith and his son Scriber, great artisan and slayer team.

This was from 98-99 mostly... so I imagine Myst would be in her late 70's now... and Smithy in his 80's.

UO was a family sport. I mostly played my crafter "Edmond the Black" or my tank mages Slyfox(blue) and Overlord(red) back then, if you guys are still kicking.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
UO was a family sport. I mostly played my crafter "Edmond the Black" or my tank mages Slyfox(blue) and Overlord(red) back then, if you guys are still kicking.
Ain't that the truth! I remember my dad was the person that got me into the game and we'd share the account. To this day I still see some of his character names on the account that I've kept for the memory.

I also remember Gohan & Jarlaxle from Atlantic and vaguely Smith the smith.

I think the 2 people I miss the most are my long time friends Eric (Arik) and Russ (Laggedy Ann). I still kept in contact with them after they quit through ICQ but then I guess they stopped using ICQ and eventually both of their numbers turned to "deleted". If you guys are reading this, give me a shout!

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm still trying to convince my brother Sadist from P@!N to come back to Chesapeake. Unfortunately the game has changed too much and I don't think he would like the PvP very much these days.

Mythius

Adventurer
Governor
A older lady who played Atlantic named Cindy Lou. She was cool and back then would give anyone anything. Was a tamer who sat in Haven all the time.

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I miss the player/developer interaction, both on here and in-game.

Ever since that snobby cow took over as producer, she seems to have done so much damage to the UO community as a whole, I find it unreal and very sad that she's still the producer of UO.

I thought the darkest part of UO's community history was when Mythic took over, as they cancelled the "official" fansite program, but even they still allowed interactions AND they gave gametime and item codes to fansites that we could use to run competitions.

Now the only community interaction seems to be the producer and her special group of friends, which ironically is what people associate with badly run free shards with owners who are on a power trip.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lots of people that I miss but I think Loryn of Sonoma would probably be my number one
She completely disappeared, even from ICQ, after moving out of the country (I shan't say where out of privacy) and getting married.

One night at the YMCA, Dor said about her behind her back, "She is such a b____." Look who was talking. Loryn/Moll was a great game friend who could both RP and PvP.

dallasar

Visitor
I've recently come back to Ultima Online after a 15 or so year hiatus, and between that and this thread I'm feeling super nostalgic.

I played/play on Chesapeake from 97-approximately 2002 and again from 2004 until 2008 or so, if you see your name here or someone you know, say hi! I'd love to find a way to contact these folks.

My first, longest friend in game was moonbabie. We met at the Lyceum in Moonglow and became fast friends, and she became my closest confidante during a really tough time in my life. She was the first person I came out to, and she was always wonderful and supportive. We chatted online and on the phone often. I'll always wish I had done a better job at keeping in touch. She's passed away, but the buildings she decorated in the player run town Casandrael remain, and I visit the rune library often and think of her.

I miss:

-molleey of ATD
-Drouid / Brett
-Nature Jack and Red Sonia
-sir dev masters
-my fellow powerpuff girls, Blossum and Buttercup - I think either Moe Howard or Larry Fine or both were the others, or were somehow connected to the others but I can't remember 100%, it's been so long.
-the Sillyhood, one of the first and most entertaining established groups I found while running through Yew (iirc they had a small house very near to Empath Abbey, and they were wonderful)
-Agent Orange and Taber Dyne who encouraged me to develop in PVP and got me into OiNland - I didn't last that long because my connection was ****e, but they were kind to me and taught me a lot.
-scribler, consummate Moonglow banksitter and absolute sweetheart
-Windalyn
-Fallen Angel and his mom - I think her name was Grey Owl or something along those lines
-Nat
-Herb Albert
-Daemon
-Frost, who I didn't know well, but whose small smithy shop in Moonglow was a beacon that defined what home was for me for years - I'm sad to see his shop no longer there today.
-Kris who taught me how to PK and helped me get on the bounty board ONE TIME in my entire UO career
-Wind, who taught me so much about compassion, forgiveness, and friendship
-There was a thief in moonglow who always wore a death robe and caused so much chaos - I didn't know him, but remember his antics fondly - I think maybe his name was Stinky Pete, but that's just a hunch and could be completely off base.
-The pks that killed me... especially the honorable ones. I see some of you here, and I'd like to ask for my bags of reagents back, please. :heart: Thanks for making the game exciting.

So many others whose character names have faded from memory, but who contributed to an era of gaming that brought so much joy to my life.

Last edited:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I miss Epic Ignorance and Princess Barbie (Atlantic) . My OG UO friends. Come back!

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jesus and Puppet. They were two Reds on Atlantic in the early years. They were the second couple to whack me at a champ spawn in Delucia. They had such style when they moved in, just watching all calm like. I think I was with UWF at that time. Probably 20 of us. Just two of them. When they moved they took me down first all quick like. Then, calmly looted me, munching on my carrots over my corpse. Why I remember them more than others? Not sure. Strange thing death. As a ghost I rejected resurrection later just so that I could follow them and watch them in action. They were masters....no, they were artists. After that, my gameplay changed more than at any other time.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pacific shard
Rhygal Fealdorn
Accessdenied
Oliliniel
TaR and MEC

there was a young man i use to play with, he was always on his nightmare or unicorn, but i cant remember his in game name.

I started with AoS and still have Rhygals aos blessed rose somewhere....i hope. We played for over 4 years together i think. I'll never forget the time we were sparring and he hid underneath a building awning in haven and i ran past and killed him on accident...he sent his white wyrm on me :gee::grin: