• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What I'm training today....

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
There are some posts here about that..The booboo is with the poor descriptions by the devs as to what these abilities do. Glad you could get scrolls tho. Do you have easy time getting them? Are you in Atlantic shard? I have a heck of a time getting them on GL.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes, I'm Atlantic.
I know their descriptions aren't that great, it's all good.
Since I've been back less than 2 months, I've spent 80% of the gold I had left on power scrolls.

Bought a few extras cause they're double the price when you actually need them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya it just drains mana. That might help in some encounters where a mob is constantly casting.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yes, I'm Atlantic.
I know their descriptions aren't that great, it's all good.
Since I've been back less than 2 months, I've spent 80% of the gold I had left on power scrolls.

Bought a few extras cause they're double the price when you actually need them.
I know the feeling. Not having many millions in bank is making it hard to get scrolls, and getting them from fel champs is both time consuming and also even harder when you get pk'd by the camping raiders there. Also when you get to fel champs you are usually with 3-6 other guildies, and you dont always get to pick the ps you need. There is usually a player lotto in good guilds where you roll the dice in turn, and you get to pick which one you choose. So it is a challenge. I suspect may people go to the us$$ on line dealers and pay cash for them, that is something illegal also in this game, but would save them many hours of spawning and getting robbed by pkers.
Anyways its still fun to play even without any ps, when we get the time, without sacrificing real life significant time..

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I picked up quite a few 110 scrolls on atl on thursday for 500k each or less, including tactics. And honestly, it's all you need. Sure your pet will perform better with 120s, but we have quite a few successful 110'd pets (we save the extra points though)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I picked up quite a few 110 scrolls on atl on thursday for 500k each or less, including tactics. And honestly, it's all you need. Sure your pet will perform better with 120s, but we have quite a few successful 110'd pets (we save the extra points though)
Thanks for the encouragement Khaelor. I am on GL and prices are a little problem. Will keep looking..

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the encouragement Khaelor. I am on GL and prices are a little problem. Will keep looking..
If it's possible, you could probably look on atl and have a trusted person bring back scrolls. we do that for people on chessie

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I agree Pawain, I’m not a fan of skilling pets. The RNG on what the pet casts is crazy.

Anyway, I’m working on a fire steed. I didn’t scroll him too heavy but got him to cap in everything but mysticism. I plan to stop for the night when he is 80 or better. I’m going to slow my pace on skilling mysticism up, as the spell weaving fire steed really got to me, but that steed is done!

As a backup, for when I get too bored with mysticism, I have a cu ready to skill and a lesser hiryu ready for the 3 to 4 training.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks good, but did you max the base damage?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Looks good, but did you max the base damage?
That was going to be my third or fourth PSA. There was another one I was thinking about, cant remember it. ...should take a trip over to atlantic to remember~

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@celticus ty
Yes, I think those are the numbers from post tame, it was a 3.8 rating if i remember correctly.
Aye, I try to raise stam/dex to as much as I patiently can.
updated the image, had a few points left over, ty @Pawain for noticing the base damage, would have totally forgotten about it otherwise, hehe

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How did you get Discord/Conductive Blast AND AI on there? Everytime I've tried it won't let me. What order do you put those on to get all 3?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
5 in stam regen and more mana. Rest in HP. They seem very squishy even tho the resists are same as other things.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
lol, ya know, i've had multiple people ask me why i have "so much" mana and int on my cu
made me doubt myself...
for int, i couldn't leave it at 290... had to make it 300...

upload_2018-1-26_23-21-10.png

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Made some good progress on my mystic fire steed. Started the weekend at 81 mysticism and ended tonight at 97.1. I’m just working this for a few hours at a time and then I go do other stuff.
I also came to the conclusion that I have too many pets. So I either need to part with some pets or make a 4th tamer. Which would also mean I’ll need a 3rd account *sigh*. Am I that crazy?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Made some good progress on my mystic fire steed. Started the weekend at 81 mysticism and ended tonight at 97.1. I’m just working this for a few hours at a time and then I go do other stuff.
I also came to the conclusion that I have too many pets. So I either need to part with some pets or make a 4th tamer. Which would also mean I’ll need a 3rd account *sigh*. Am I that crazy?

What server are you on? if not Atlantic, you can get a stable merat on both fel and trammel to hold pets.. just have to pay the vendor fees

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Are the fees a lot of $? Is it like the regular vendors if you put 60 M priced pets you will pay up to you **ss if fees whether you sell or not?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are the fees a lot of $? Is it like the regular vendors if you put 60 M priced pets you will pay up to you **ss if fees whether you sell or not?
I pay a bit to house animals. But it's worth it to keep extras. Least to me. Money is easy to get to pay the fees.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I see so if you have 100M as value/charge/price sum total of the pets you have in vendor stable, you will pay 5 M per week..Not too cheap if you don't sell anything for a month or two, or EVER. What happens if you charge zero? Also if money runs out? Vendor runs away with all the pets? Do you put the 5M-10M (or 500k or 100k) on the vendor so fees get extracted from that stash, or the fees come out of your bank account? Ty for info again..

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
nahh man, the vendor prices are kray kray

yawn!
g'night all

upload_2018-1-30_1-31-50.png

Last edited:

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
News to me as well. I have the feeling I’m not alone in hearing there is a fel version of New Mag

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do we get to the Fel maginicia? Is there a gate to that? would be interesting to see...
Moongates have a Fel choice...

There is 1 vendor that is bought on LS fel. It is empty.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bringing the results over here. Battle defense first. Then you can set resists to 60,60,38,50,60.

Requires 18 taming and lore. A human can use it.

If we can work out how to keep it alive, it may be useful. 50% damage reduction at 100 Parry. Not sure if it will increase with more parry. But that will increase the requirements.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm continuing with the Battle Defense on a pet that is not found in the wild. Vague on purpose.

It does not scale in Taming requirements like other pets. But I can only take one to TC at a day because I do not want to skill up wrestling there over and over. And each test ruins the pet.

So far, Each thing you add to the pet only increases the requirements by two or three points. No mater how much of that individual item you put on. But the good stuff costs a lot of points. And some of the needed stuff only costs a few points but you increase the requirements by 2 or 3 each time. When you go from three slot to 4 slot, the requirement goes to 30 if you add anything.

So, I need some help testing these things. I need the most usable BD build that keeps the requirement at 20 maximum. Every time it get to 4 slots the requirement is 30 if you add anything. So it seems you have to add everything in the first round.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK I dont need to be so vague. A player just ran up to me and cast Body Guard on me. ( I have no idea if this had anything to do with my posting) So, if players can pass along the ability, pets should be able to also without PvP issues.

A vollem can be used by a human non tamer with only 20 requirement.

You can make a Vollem with 120 discord and haul it around. You just have to keep it away from fighting. Would work for any type fighter.

Im trying to make one that has Battle defense. and whatever else it can have and be at 20 Taming requirement.

I would like to try it on my Dexxer. 50% damage reduction sounds nice.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

You can make a Vollem with 120 discord and haul it around. You just have to keep it away from fighting. Would work for any type fighter.

Im trying to make one that has Battle defense. and whatever else it can have and be at 20 Taming requirement.
It can have over 20, just has to be under 30. If I recall correctly, 11 times. Was working on one for a mage friend. Guildie has had a discord one for awhile.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Bringing the results over here. Battle defense first. Then you can set resists to 60,60,38,50,60.

Requires 18 taming and lore. A human can use it.

If we can work out how to keep it alive, it may be useful. 50% damage reduction at 100 Parry. Not sure if it will increase with more parry. But that will increase the requirements.
What pet is that?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
OK I dont need to be so vague. A player just ran up to me and cast Body Guard on me. ( I have no idea if this had anything to do with my posting) So, if players can pass along the ability, pets should be able to also without PvP issues.

I would like to try it on my Dexxer. 50% damage reduction sounds nice.
Cool i get it it was a Vollem.. ty

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cool i get it it was a Vollem.. ty
Ya I was afraid if people started doing this the PvP crowd would have a fit. But, Body Guard is already available and no one is complaining about it.

Now my transfer is bugged. Says I have one pending. Ill have to call a GM and they will file a report...