• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What I'm training today....

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thought this could be a thread on pets we are working on every day. I know Pawain posts a lot in various thread about what they are working on.

This xmas holiday weekend the guild has been mass skilling/training a bunch of pets. Working on skilling several Sabertooths, a couple fire beetles, a rune beetle, some 1 slot hell hounds, a couple CU and a black tiger today so far.

So what have you been training?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Today. Skilled a Firesteed some. Trained a Ice green Hiryu to 4.5 slots. Tamed a healing Saber tooth and a Lion. Sold the Sabertooth for 8M. Traded for a high stat red Cu. Did some general goofing off.

Forget, this morning restocked vendor with a 2 slot Naj, 2 giant beetles, 2 fire beetles.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Today. Skilled a Firesteed some. Trained a Ice green Hiryu to 4.5 slots. Tamed a healing Saber tooth and a Lion. Sold the Sabertooth for 8M. Traded for a high stat red Cu. Did some general goofing off.

Forget, this morning restocked vendor with a 2 slot Naj, 2 giant beetles, 2 fire beetles.
You selling these on LS?

Unfortunately most of my to be trained animals are on my shard transfer tamer, who doesnt get played much.

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really working on any pets right now, I did farm up a white and black tiger along with a healing lion so now I am waiting on them to bond.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You selling these on LS?
Yes. There are a lot of tamers on LS. Or there are players taking pets to other shards. Also there are only 2 active pet vendors that keep things stocked. Right now it is me and a Cu farmer looking for a Blaze. Also I hate waiting an hour to transfer shards and then wait another hour to return. :)

I did farm up a white and black tiger
I have been trying to get a black or white tiger for 3 days now I am having bad luck. I want to get some pets on my vendor in case we get some players that are off work for a few days.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Started today with getting 25% on a pet from the mage. Then went to Navrey to get % on another pet. Went afk came back to see both my toons dead. Had to call out for a res. Now I am Skilling resist on a couple of pets. I hate skilling. I can see them now. I have the internet on half the screen. Ill surf while they skill.

upload_2017-12-26_13-8-47.png

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not really working on any pets right now, I did farm up a white and black tiger along with a healing lion so now I am waiting on them to bond.
That's something I've yet to do (probably due to my terrible luck farming colors). SO i support tamers who do farm them.

Today I just trained up some of the CU's an alliance mate gave. No idea what to give them yet, might just leave the last level of points for a later time.

Got some more 1 slot hell hounds.

I need some time to level up another fire steed and unicorn. So many animals I want to train.... so little stable room.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im ready to play after posting some Cu builds. I plan to build a Brown Cu today and maybe skill it. I accidentally sold an Agapite Cu yesterday, I thought it was a dull copper. I can't tell those apart. Now I dont have Agapite. We shall see what really happens today.

Finished the Brown Cu. Found a nice agapite for sale, but they wanted 3M so Ill wait for another.

Now Ill pick another Cu to skill up. I also have a fresh lesser that just bonded.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did not get to train anything yesterday, hope to finish off a couple chiv/ai cu's today. They will be given to guild mates. Everyone should have a chiv cu in their stable.

Maybe I will check on the test center 3 slot dragon reverting project. the more I work on it, the more it's just not making sense.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I started today early. I made a new Cu and tested it. Put up a couple of Cu builds here. I noticed someone with a Boura so I had to go get one and check it out. I got it to 100% and ran over to TC and found out how complicated they can be and made a thread. While loring it in the slime pit I found out when you open the training menu, consume turns off. I almost lost the poor guy when I noticed his health was at 50. Then I did it again because I thought he walked out of range. I noticed consume turns off but the buff icon is still there.

I took a 8 hour nap then went to eat lunch. Logged on, grabbed the boura and headed to the mage. Someone took it to a different spot. I had to stall the boura and go bring the mage back. I went to get the Boura and someone else was at the mage so I am back in the pits. Ill skill his resist if the mage is still occupied the next time I check.

After the Boura Ill find something else to occupy my game time.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup, too many physical damage pets. I wish they would just change a few. Need some 50% 25% 25% of anything. Change anything in Eodon or Ter Mur that is 100% physical to any mix we dont have now. I doubt there would be many complaints.

After the Boura the mage was empty. So I upped it 50%. Then found a Cu that needed 25%. Went to kill para Cus for the tamers and found a nice Agapite Cu to replace the one I sold. The tamers had left so I had to use my elf gardner to tame it. Took a long time.

Now ill see where the wind blows me.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So all said and done was the fully trained Boura an OK pet??

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So all said and done was the fully trained Boura an OK pet??
It is only 50% on the second round and is not bonded. The same Mage is still there and I'm not risking it on anything else. And I was looking at other stuff so much in the first round, I didn't set the dex and stamina. I don't know how fast it attacks yet. But the stamina and dex went to 125 on their own.:thumbup1:

I just found another Cu at 0% I can train.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I might have to train a Boura up... I know on Siege I used one as a pet for awhile... they are pretty tanky. We used them to lead a dragon about for taming.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I trained the Boura to 4 in the am. Put the abilities I wanted on it. Now starting the last session. will be 25% by the time I finish this. I think Ill go to TC and work on a Cu build that I started to experiment with last night. Who knows, I'm easily distracted.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here,

I'm skill training a fire steed, thought I'd go spell weaving on this one, so that's what I'm training today :p

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here,

I'm skill training a fire steed, thought I'd go spell weaving on this one, so that's what I'm training today :p

This thread is for everyone to talk about what they are training, just a friendly little thread.

And nice! never have done a spellweaving firesteed, would love to see how it turns out!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I decided to train some Chivalry. Got from 112 to 113.5. spent 1.5 hr to get to 113.5 then it stayed there for 2 Whisper cycles so I stopped. I hate skilling!!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Found some Cus with 60s skills. Got 1 skilled to 100. Trained the Boura to 50%. Should get a new Mage by tonight. That Mage gets heavy usage on LS.

More skilling after a late lunch. I hate skilling.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Finished training a nonlegacy white wyrm...

and it's Saturday, Saturday is guild skilling (and sometimes training) day. Fun times today~

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got a different Cu up to high 90s skills. While typing here I may have sold it. It was going 3-4 so I saved 200 points for abilities. I told them i would train it today after I put AI and conductive blast on it. Gonna make a good Chiv Cu, Ill try to get pics.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Done with this one.... haha, other PS cost too much!!!

Still some points remaining..

2017-12-30_134729.png 2017-12-30_133910.png 2017-12-30_133921.png 2017-12-30_133929.png 2017-12-30_133942.png 2017-12-30_134008.png 2017-12-30_134020.png 2017-12-30_134032.png 2017-12-30_134044.png 2017-12-30_134103.png 2017-12-30_134117.png 2017-12-30_134339.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like a fine dog.

You have enough for HP regen to be maxxed.

Id do that and put the rest in Stam regen.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well, no surprise, spell weaving is going slow. I even began to discord this steed. He's slowly getting to 100. 120 seems like a year away..... *sigh*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got The Cu up to 100% and 100 everything but healing. They wanted it fast so they could bond potion it and take it to the roof.

I put everything on it and my calculations from the build thread were good. It had 625 points left for scrolls.

It has >7oo HP, HP regen and mana regen maxxed, Conductive blast, AI, Chiv. It will be a great dog when scrolled and skilled.

Made some gold and now I have a stable slot.

Took an Ice Blue Cu with 60s skills down to the Shadow Ele. When I clicked Whisper, the hour of training began. :D That means Ill finish today doing that. Then start tomorrow with something.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, no surprise, spell weaving is going slow. I even began to discord this steed. He's slowly getting to 100. 120 seems like a year away..... *sigh*
All the magics take forever. Is it a firesteed or a Nightmare. Some returning player was told to put Weaving on his Nightmare that had 500+ str. I hope that wasn't a mistake. I would have encouraged Chivalry.

Weaving is working great on my Lesser, so it is not a bad thing.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Fire steed. I am considering putting mysticism on another fire steed.

It may sound dumb, but I did put mysticism on a 2 slot mare. He is fun to play with, even though mysticism is only 112, still need to get that to 120.

I'm already thinking about my next project, either going with the mystic fire steed or a red cu a friend gave me. I'll either go AI/chiv or AI/disco

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All the magics work on lessers. No reason they wont on the horses. Next I'll try a different magic on a Cu. If I dont sell it first.

I already made some early versions but The Lessers have more points so I scrolled those instead and left the Cus unscrolled.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While skilling another Cu, i got bored and took the other account to Atl and went scroll shopping.

It costs 14.2 M to make a pet with 110 scrolls. That is not counting magic.

Anat Tact and Focus are ridiculously high. Sorry about the focus scrolls.

Ending today and starting tomorrow with ending my Cu skilling. Last one only got to 88 - 92. I hate skilling.

My Vacation has ended.... No more late nights.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
All the magics take forever. Is it a firesteed or a Nightmare. Some returning player was told to put Weaving on his Nightmare that had 500+ str. I hope that wasn't a mistake. I would have encouraged Chivalry.

Weaving is working great on my Lesser, so it is not a bad thing.
I would not change a nightmare's magery for anything but Chiv, especially a legacy. They have 1500 points of magery, the only thing worth that is Chiv. Might as well just do a fire steed with mysticism/spellweaving if that is being done. Of course that is my opinion.

If pets had better AI, maybe, but they don't.

Sorry your vacation is over. I get one through Wed. I dont have space for all the animals i want to train.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think I may have made a booboo...
I can't remember if this was a 2 slot prepatch I scrolled up... Grr!
Can anyone help me figure it out....?
:Begging:

upload_2017-12-31_11-23-56.png

upload_2017-12-31_11-24-33.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont use the EC.

But maybe it will help determine.

Does this mean it started with 525 Strength?

upload_2017-12-31_12-54-12.png

If it did it was a pre patch. They are the only ones that have >500 str at 2 slots.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
really have no idea..
I have another pre patch stored somewhere, i will have to take a look at what that one is at...

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Interesting.

I like that window. Is that Animal Lore in EC? Or something like Pinco's? (Which, I thought, didn't work anymore.)

Anyway, I haven't seen a mare with that high of strength in-game in the wild, so I speculate it is PP. :]

I haven't played with any of the masteries, but I have read that they don't hold up to Chivalry/AI. Not sure how much of that is true.

But, what is your experience on bosses, champs, the roof? It may be close in performance, IDK. Chiv and AI boost dps quite high, literally, as long as mana is available, but if we're talking sheer white damage, I wonder if Knockout, the wrestling passive, affects pets. If so, your pet may edge out Chiv/AI in no-mana.

Your stats look great for melee, except the lack of HPR. So, IDK how tanky your mare is; maybe decently with extra heals needed.

You have a deeps mare fer sher. :]

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyway, I haven't seen a mare with that high of strength in-game in the wild, so I speculate it is PP. :]
Depending on when you tamed your prepatch Nightmare they have different Str caps. Pincos shows the highest pretamable strength which was 525

Last edited:

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Another day working spell weaving on my fire steed. He started at 101.7 and ended the night at 112.4.
I plan to work it again tomorrow (read Monday) night. Woulld be great if I could finish it tomorrow night, as I want to take a small break to redo the design on my house this coming weekend but I'll take whatever I can get.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Continued to work on a gaggle of CU and white wyrms. a kirin, 3 and 4 slot dragon wolf. Just blank template training still.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like I am making a small business on my Cus. I have another order for a build. I get a Good Cu to the end of the first round and all 100 skills cept healing. Then find out what they want the end product to be. Then put what I need on the first round and train the next round and give them the pet with 625 points to spend on scrolls.

I recommend doing it like this rather than trying to sell a scrolled pet. Much easier to sell a pet for a few mill rather than 100M and up.

So, Ill be working on this dog today. Got it to 50% on first round. Will get the next 50% on a crazy mage after much later today.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Looks like I am making a small business on my Cus. I have another order for a build. I get a Good Cu to the end of the first round and all 100 skills cept healing. Then find out what they want the end product to be. Then put what I need on the first round and train the next round and give them the pet with 625 points to spend on scrolls.

I recommend doing it like this rather than trying to sell a scrolled pet. Much easier to sell a pet for a few mill rather than 100M and up.

So, Ill be working on this dog today. Got it to 50% on first round. Will get the next 50% on a crazy mage after much later today.
I tend to sell quite a few partially trained.... train the stuff people tend to mess up (125 vs 150 stam, max damage, etc) then leave 800ish for scrolls and them to finish customizing, or scroll with 110 and leave enough for 120.

Last edited:

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I spent most of the day working on spell weaving. And sadly I came up short of the goal line. I logged off with my fire steed at 118.8. Now it's back to work for me. I'll get this fire steed to 120 on the weekend.

I'm digging your idea Pawain. I might have to give that a try ;)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got the Cu trained up fast. Luckily there were 3 mages made tonight.(LS must have a lot of tamers that I dont see and are not active in chat) I also took it to a Night Terror for a trip down memory lane. She handed me all 120 scrolls and I put them on. She has a husband and son that also want one. Looks like Ill be selling that Agapite so Ill need another one. Also have that Sky Blue one that I made for the Cu thread. Both need skilling. I hate skilling.

So later today, after I sleep and work, I have those 2 to skill and 2 green lessers that are fresh bonded. That will give me plenty to do if I stay on track. Also I am sure the others will fill up the Cu farm and I'll kill paragons and beg for the ones they don't want. Plenty to keep me busy.

Here is the front screen of the 120 scrolled out, max HP and mana regen, Chiv, AI, Goo Cu:

upload_2018-1-3_0-38-6.png