• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What I'm training today....

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just a suggestion, I would pick 20 health regen and drop stam regen to 5-6. High stam regen is considered a waste to a lot of people, especially at the cost of health regen.
Thank you
Made it for high poison critters, thought it'd help with stamina loss...
No?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unless I let my pets HP get very low, I never see stamina drop. I'm starting to put it to 3. You never know if the devs will change something.

Fight a few different things. See if stamina drops on a pet without stamina regen.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When the publish came out. 200 mana on a Hiryu was plenty and mana did not drop much. We did not need mana regen. They changed mana usage so thats why people switched to lessers. Never know if they will decide to change Stamina. Here is the stats of a Hyru that worked fine then Bushido Hiryu Pet wont have any mana now.

Got my new 1 slot lesser to first level in around 40 mins. Trained 3 other pets a stage or 2. Got some new mages. The lesser is 3 slot 50%. My Agapite Cu is 100% of first level. I think I'll just give it resists and see how it skills on a shadow ele. Maybe I can get the stam and dex to raise on their own. I have to wait until the buyer decides on its abilities.

Dex and stamina went to 125 on the first whisper. Saved a few points.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very busy tonight. Got the Agapite Cu Finished with training and 100 skills. They liked the Chiv, AI, Goo build on the other one. So this one is almost the same. Trained 1 round of the lesser on the mage. Killed some paragon Cus for the Cu farm.

The buyer wanted another one. Aayla thought she got a white with 590/606 stats. I talked her into trading it for one of my spare whites that was trained. She wanted conductive Blast and AI only. It made a good pet. Max regens, high HP and room for scrolls. When she pulled out her white one, it was Ice Blue. She uses EC and thought it was white. She was quite upset. But That was a spare white I had so I was fine. She went back to the Cu farm and got a 587/610 Red Cu. The buyer was very happy to get a Red Cu. So all is well.

I am raising the magic resist on both the new Cus right now. In about 13 hours I will start training the Red Cu on the mage if it is open. Ill see how far I can get it trained.

Very busy day.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gonna start training the Red Cu today. Here is the start points.

I did the Resist in one cycle early this AM.

upload_2018-1-5_14-28-10.png

Not the highest stats but I like the 85 energy resist and 72 cold.

Dog is not Bonded. I have to be safe.

Ill try to keep a timeline:

Mage is busy I am at shadow ele doing skills. 2:55pm

5:00pm still at shadow ele. mage still being hogged by VLAD!!!

Got 100 wrestling tho. Stam and dex 125

upload_2018-1-5_17-5-26.png

stopping the timer now.

Got on mage at 5:32. Have my bard with me. Discorded mage and using resilience.

5:42 50.54% Mage is dead

5:44 New mage up will repeat process

5:56 100% Mage dead 1 min later

Now adding points.

6:05 back at Mage

Round 1

I added:

dex and stam to 150

Resists to good values. I almost left poison at 33 to save 45 points.

Mana regen 30

Stam Regen 5

Strength 700

Mana 450

Hp to max

Here the set up after first round.

upload_2018-1-5_20-12-18.png

6:12 at 25% mage half dead. Guildy popped in. Im letting him train 25%

Killed the Mage and started next round.

6:34 50% for me

I helped Guildy put points on his Hiryu wile mine hit the mage. They almost same as a Cu but only 1 special.

6:43 started next round. But now we have 3 pets on the Mage.

6:49 Mine 75% luckily one went afk and his pet wasn't fighting. Now killing mage.
His only got to 70% when mage died.

WOO HOO got 100% at 7:00pm!!!!!

More than one on Mage wasn't so bad if you are the one that starts and the others are afkish. Just found out he only 72.5 so his Hiryu did not gain as well.

Also noticed my pet seemed to gain faster when Mage was discorded.

now goofing off after all that work. Will try to calculate time.

Ok, Time. 30 mins to get 100 resist magic

2hr 5min to get pet to 100 Wrestling.

1hr 30 mins to get from 3 slot to 5 slot.

Here is what I'm putting on in the last round.

Max Base damage

Max HP regen

Chivalry

5 points in Mana

Looks like the picture above. Just has those added.

Thats 4 hours to get an unbonded Cu from fresh tame to ready to ROCK!

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I got the Cu trained up fast. Luckily there were 3 mages made tonight.(LS must have a lot of tamers that I dont see and are not active in chat) I also took it to a Night Terror for a trip down memory lane. She handed me all 120 scrolls and I put them on. She has a husband and son that also want one. Looks like Ill be selling that Agapite so Ill need another one. Also have that Sky Blue one that I made for the Cu thread. Both need skilling. I hate skilling.
I got the Cu trained up fast. Luckily there were 3 mages made tonight.(LS must have a lot of tamers that I dont see and are not active in chat) I also took it to a Night Terror for a trip down memory lane. She handed me all 120 scrolls and I put them on. She has a husband and son that also want one. Looks like Ill be selling that Agapite so Ill need another one. Also have that Sky Blue one that I made for the Cu thread. Both need skilling. I hate skilling.

So later today, after I sleep and work, I have those 2 to skill and 2 green lessers that are fresh bonded. That will give me plenty to do if I stay on track. Also I am sure the others will fill up the Cu farm and I'll kill paragons and beg for the ones they don't want. Plenty to keep me busy.

Here is the front screen of the 120 scrolled out, max HP and mana regen, Chiv, AI, Goo Cu:

View attachment 76001
So later today, after I sleep and work, I have those 2 to skill and 2 green lessers that are fresh bonded. That will give me plenty to do if I stay on track. Also I am sure the others will fill up the Cu farm and I'll kill paragons and beg for the ones they don't want. Plenty to keep me busy.

Here is the front screen of the 120 scrolled out, max HP and mana regen, Chiv, AI, Goo Cu:

View attachment 76001
Are you still interested in a white tiger? Let me know, however it is on Great Lakes..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you still interested in a white tiger? Let me know, however it is on Great Lakes..
I have a Black and White tiger for myself. I was looking for some to stick on my vendor.

Thanks tho.

Tigers have a lot of points. But I rarely see one used.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Was thinking of possibly starting a tiger; it's about the only pet I haven't trained.

But they come with Slash mastery aI thought, so wasn't sure if I'd have the interest of replacing skills.

I'll probably pick one up soon.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well, it took about 3 hours today, but I got my fire steed to 120 spell weaving!

I'm thinking my next training pet will be either my blue lesser hiryu or another fire steed but with mysticism. And that is only because I can't decide what to do with my red cu sidhe.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, it took about 3 hours today, but I got my fire steed to 120 spell weaving!

I'm thinking my next training pet will be either my blue lesser hiryu or another fire steed but with mysticism. And that is only because I can't decide what to do with my red cu sidhe.
Post a pic of the first stat page and the resist page.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i'm guessing you want to see the red cu.
Here is the first page.
red1.PNG
And resists page.
red2.PNG

I still want to get her fighting skills to GM before I begin.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It depends what you want to put on it. If 120 scrolls, a magic, and Max HP regen. You will need the whole second level points for those things.

You will save a few points by getting the dex and stamina up to 125 before you begin.

I don't have a fancy pet calculator. I see about 600 to 630 HP will be all you can put on it if you choose 2 abilities and want to do the last round I mentioned above.

It is Red. And if you don't have access to a Cu ranch like we have on LS, this may be the only red one you get.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Oh hell no. That is added last and up to the new owner. I have no pets with 120 magic.
You mean you have not used a 120 PS with any of the magics for your pets? (Chiv, Bush, Nec, SW, etc)? Even though you have these scrolls? any reasoning for this? Or I am s=assuming you meant something else? Dont the 120 magics make a large difference? Or not really, and the non 120 magic pets are very viable anyways?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You mean you have not used a 120 PS with any of the magics for your pets? (Chiv, Bush, Nec, SW, etc)? Even though you have these scrolls? any reasoning for this? Or I am s=assuming you meant something else? Dont the 120 magics make a large difference? Or not really, and the non 120 magic pets are very viable anyways?
The 120 magic is the best thing to put on a Magic pet of any kind.

I put them on my 110 pets.

I just don't have a pet that has 120 in a magic yet. But I see what they do once the magic is over 100. And I see what others with 120 magic skills do.

I hate skilling!

I'm here for the long haul. I just got 120 taming recently and I started when ML came out. Ill get there one year.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have some new Cus to train. Will post some builds I made recently.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Training up a gorilla, after my original gorilla died in a horrible horrible accident (unbonded).

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Given what I recently heard concerning skill training pets, I’m switching from either a fire steed or my red pup. Both of which I got both to their first 100%. I will not go any further at this time with them. However, I will switch to training up my blue lesser hiryu, which I have planned to go bushido with, as there are no known legality’s with how one skill trains them. Unlike the Magic’s that can be taken for pets. And how one trains them.
Yes, I’m being slightly vague with this on purpose. And will stop with pets after this hiryu until it’s either A) it’s clear what is allowed and what isn’t, or B) we can give our pets SoT’s or C) how pets gain skills is changed to let them gain a bit easier, unlike how they get gains now.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Given what I recently heard concerning skill training pets,
I hate skilling. I guess I am not doing anything illegal.

I have a lesser to finish today. And some new Cus to sort out and Train. I need stable space tho...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Given what I recently heard concerning skill training pets, I’m switching from either a fire steed or my red pup. Both of which I got both to their first 100%. I will not go any further at this time with them. However, I will switch to training up my blue lesser hiryu, which I have planned to go bushido with, as there are no known legality’s with how one skill trains them. Unlike the Magic’s that can be taken for pets. And how one trains them.
Yes, I’m being slightly vague with this on purpose. And will stop with pets after this hiryu until it’s either A) it’s clear what is allowed and what isn’t, or B) we can give our pets SoT’s or C) how pets gain skills is changed to let them gain a bit easier, unlike how they get gains now.
a> As far as we know there are no illegal skills, or allowed and disallowed, other than what you can add by the present pet revamp system.
b> Would be nice not to depend on regular PS for pet advancements. Would rather see some change for that than SOT's.
c> Skilling is now same as it has been, and always pretty gradual and slow
Can you be a little more specific about your concerns?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Celticus, I wasn’t saying that certain skills were illegal. I was referring to certain ways to train the magic skills, in particular magery, spell weaving, mysticism, chiv, even healing (beyond about 110).
There are places in game where these skills can be trained, and I have told they are being looked at as possible exploits. So no I won’t get specific and detail them here in the chance they are ruled as an exploit and be the cause of anyone getting into trouble using them.
One thing I do know, if they are ruled as an exploit, I seriously doubt some pets will get to skill cap. I had a chiv/AI hiryu that stopped gaining chiv around 109. And when he died, he’d get what was lost back but nothing more. I also have a mare I switched to mysticism (sorry Khaelor but I thought I’d do something a little off the wall). Anyway, that mare was at 112 but after about 3 weeks of normal hunting, she gained only .4. And I was using whispering every chance I had.
I’ll go out on a limb and say, I doubt the slime pit for discord is an issue but that’s also assuming using the shadow ele for melee is also safe.....

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Celticus, I wasn’t saying that certain skills were illegal. I was referring to certain ways to train the magic skills, in particular magery, spell weaving, mysticism, chiv, even healing (beyond about 110).
There are places in game where these skills can be trained, and I have told they are being looked at as possible exploits. So no I won’t get specific and detail them here in the chance they are ruled as an exploit and be the cause of anyone getting into trouble using them.
One thing I do know, if they are ruled as an exploit, I seriously doubt some pets will get to skill cap. I had a chiv/AI hiryu that stopped gaining chiv around 109. And when he died, he’d get what was lost back but nothing more. I also have a mare I switched to mysticism (sorry Khaelor but I thought I’d do something a little off the wall). Anyway, that mare was at 112 but after about 3 weeks of normal hunting, she gained only .4. And I was using whispering every chance I had.
I’ll go out on a limb and say, I doubt the slime pit for discord is an issue but that’s also assuming using the shadow ele for melee is also safe.....
I see your point..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Starting with a Lesser that just got 79%

Then move on to the new Cus and bump each up a notch.

Or maybe restock pet vendor if things are missing.

I think I sold all the rams I got the other day.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like a good starting dog. You will have room for whatever you decide. Its a good time to be a tamer.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did an unbonded red one in 4 hours. Get to the mage.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just a suggestion, I would pick 20 health regen and drop stam regen to 5-6. High stam regen is considered a waste to a lot of people, especially at the cost of health regen.
Can you drop/change SR after you apply it, if you still have training points left?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you drop/change SR after you apply it, if you still have training points left?
Nope it is permanent.

I was setting an Ice Blue Cu up the other day and instead of Mana I hit Stamina and set it to 30. 300 lost points...

I wish cold wind did damage. Id put AI and that on it.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nope it is permanent.

I was setting an Ice Blue Cu up the other day and instead of Mana I hit Stamina and set it to 30. 300 lost points...

I wish cold wind did damage. Id put AI and that on it.
That's what I thought. But I saw @Khaelor 's comment and got REAL curious. I really hoping to learn something. LOL I have a couple of pets with 30 SR (from back before the "consume nerf" ) That have a few points left I was going to put into mana if needed. I would have loved being able to "shift" some points out of SR and into HP's. I made and scrolled them before the nerf, and now they really don't have enough HP's for their intended purposes. :(

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's what I thought. But I saw @Khaelor 's comment and got REAL curious. I really hoping to learn something. LOL I have a couple of pets with 30 SR (from back before the "consume nerf" ) That have a few points left I was going to put into mana if needed. I would have loved being able to "shift" some points out of SR and into HP's. I made and scrolled them before the nerf, and now they really don't have enough HP's for their intended purposes. :(
Was referring to the next pets they train or changing their "templates".

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Took a Ki rin with magery and my Mysticism Cu to T rex. took 35 min to kill it.
Took a Chiv Lesser and a Chiv Cu to T rex. Took 22 min to kill it.

Training the first stage of a few new Cus I have.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is there a static location where lesser hiryus spawn?
I always seem to have run around to find one...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is there a static location where lesser hiryus spawn?
I always seem to have run around to find one...
They are always around the Citidel... if you start there and follow the server line west you'll find them they spawn on either side of it about 2 or 3 spawn there as a general rule.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have four good Cus that are set up to get a magic ability if needed. They are mostly unskilled. I did a few magic resist last night.

People woke up early on LS. They got the shadow eles messed up. One has 95 wrestling and 70 tactics and the other is opposite.

So I will be trying to get skills off them...