• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 75 comes to TC1

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm after some testing, and seeing others sentiments in the TC forum, the bestial suit is actually more powerful than it was before. Sure it can't be used on stealthers, but u take damage, run for 5s, heal, and come back only to rinse repeat, and again! never die!

The best suggestions have been adding a rage effect cooldown:

ie:

you can go into rage, keep taking damage, and stay in rage, or...

you can go in rage, not take damage for 5 seconds, and once out of rage there is a period of time before you can go back into it (say 1 minute). So the suit would be useful in not taking one big sync, but thats it, and would just take the whole invincible aspect away from it.​

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could someone please explain how on earth we are supposed to remember all the changes and fixes to everything in this game? LOL

Okay .. one item at a time:

1) What is this BUG FIX about? I have been turning in tons and tons of useless junk but haven't had time to finish recently due to all the new events and issues .. so Where is the Cavern of the Discarded and how does this all affect the POINTS given by the Clean-Up Officer if he/she still exists in classic cities?
Bug Fixes

• Items turned in for Clean Up Britannia now only go to the Cavern of the Discarded at the intended 1% rate.
2) I haven't dared log-in to UO since first reading that post about the problems players are having with the new patch. Hearing all about others having difficulties logging in to UO and downloading the new patch, just sends chills down my spine. We are having high wind storms and power outages so I can't depend on the computer being up long enough to download the new patch if it is going to take as long as some players are reporting. *sigh*

This link should prove to be very useful so bookmark it for use in the future. I am glad at least this was given to us to use when necessary. Thanks.

Classic client 7.0.24
Classic Client Patcher Update

The classic client patcher has now been updated to streamline the patching process for the Classic Client. This change should cut down on patching errors a lot of our players have experienced. A new installer can be found here http://www.uoherald.com/downloads.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad it seems like we have a dedicated bunch of testers atm like Cetric and Spoonyd. If anyone else does some testing and has some feedback on the changes comming up make sure to also post them in the Test Center forums. We have already received some feedback so I am hopeful they are still reading what we post here and in the TC forum.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I liked the snow we got, especially the fact the flakes here were silver dollar sized...
I always enjoy watching the snow fall... it's just the cleaning it up part I don't care for.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could someone please explain how on earth we are supposed to remember all the changes and fixes to everything in this game? LOL

Okay .. one item at a time:

1) What is this BUG FIX about? I have been turning in tons and tons of useless junk but haven't had time to finish recently due to all the new events and issues .. so Where is the Cavern of the Discarded and how does this all affect the POINTS given by the Clean-Up Officer if he/she still exists in classic cities?
Bug Fixes

• Items turned in for Clean Up Britannia now only go to the Cavern of the Discarded at the intended 1% rate.
2) I haven't dared log-in to UO since first reading that post about the problems players are having with the new patch. Hearing all about others having difficulties logging in to UO and downloading the new patch, just sends chills down my spine. We are having high wind storms and power outages so I can't depend on the computer being up long enough to download the new patch if it is going to take as long as some players are reporting. *sigh*

This link should prove to be very useful so bookmark it for use in the future. I am glad at least this was given to us to use when necessary. Thanks.

turn ins still works LOL
the fix is for cavern so all u turn in isnt available to redo turn in later was a bug
cavern of discarded like island of unwanted toys LOL anything trashed has chance of showing up there but wasnt working right

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:banana: THANK YOU WANDER1ORIGIN !

.. I'll check it out IF I can get past the New Patch issues and power outages and Gale Force Winds - - later ..

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad it seems like we have a dedicated bunch of testers atm like Cetric. If anyone else does some testing and has some feedback on the changes comming up make sure to also post them in the Test Center forums. We have already received some feedback so I am hopeful they are still reading what we post here and in the TC forum.
What about me? *grumble :rant2:

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other option is to actually obtain the artifact the faction artifact was modeled after and then you don't have to maintain anything.
That is all good in theory, but items such as a crystalline ring have 3 FCR on it..that breaks a mage suit missing that. Getting the non faction peice does not help you much. So you are forced to use an imbued ring which can cause you too lose ALOT of other useful mods in your suit or change headpeice (night eyes) but alot of folks use folded steel so then you lose 15 DCI. Damn..now where to pick that back up at...not really anywhere unless....well ya....generally all available slots are taken. So you don't. Losing one piece of faction armor in a carefully constructed suit can literally make the thing worhless and cost a guy 10-30m+ to get and redo the suit to the same mods (if even possible). Either way. I am pretty much done with factions post change. I already picked up my artifacts I will need to adjust all my suits and keep my chars up and running on Sonoma, Pac Atl, Napa, and Baja. Was hoping to move a char to GL and Cats soon but dont think that will be happening for a while.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about me? *grumble :rant2:
*Fixed* :cool:

I agree that losing some of the faction arties like the ones Black Majick talked about does indeed break alot of suits currently. I was fortunate that I learned about this recently and was able to avoid a situation like this, but I only play on 2 shards atm. I hope we can get some more dialogue and ideas on this, because it does seem to be a concern for many people and it hasn't been touched upon as much as other issues.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They couldn't realize that 1 piece of faction armor affects so much on 1 character's suit already. Say for instance, a 20 archery 15 hci hat with the extra resists, where you gonna find something for replacement of that without remake your suit again.... Then now not only counting the cross shards, I already have 30+ chars that have faction items on it... So now they say they will wipe the points, and then make it so you decay 1 point everyday. This is same as telling me to go and unsubscribe my extra accounts right? Because #1. I surely wont recustomize 30 of my half naked chars again anymore.

#2. For the cross sharded chars, there is no chance to customize because no one will want to spend the time to work out an imbue and pvm char in the other shard and then go farm the resources or get the runics to do reforge and imbue again.

So in another words, the change of factions is crappiest idea ever thought by UO.

My proposed Idea:

#1. Remove kill points (or keep kill points, but remove the rankings associated with kill points)
#2. Allow everyone to have the same chance to wear rank 1 to 10 artifacts
#3. Put a 20 mins or even 30mins Stat Loss penalty for ANY deaths (monsters, npcs, opposing factions guild war) in trammel ruleset
#4. All Felucca ruleset unchanged (only by opposing faction / opposing faction monsters or pets / suicide in incur the 20 mins Stat Loss).

Additional: If still not enough,

#5. Put certain monsters or boss types or AREA (for example in Ishenlar champ spawns area) in Trammel ruleset have the ABILITY to auto unequip any players wearing faction arties.

My gosh, these already solved the complicated Trammies getting free arties issues! Why it takes so many years for you guys to work it out. In today's UO, pvpers only want to pvp for the 1-3 hours they log in every night after work, they don't want to go pvm for 1-3 hours every night and farm for 7 days to suit up 1 character again.

Okay?

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or #6, make it so only SILVER coins can be used to insure faction arties? Of course the amount will have to be toned down.. Say initial insurance = 100 silver per pieces, then each time death and reinsurance = lose 50 silver per piece.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
What do I get for killing all those complaining ******* crybabies?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
They couldn't realize that 1 piece of faction armor affects so much on 1 character's suit already. Say for instance, a 20 archery 15 hci hat with the extra resists, where you gonna find something for replacement of that without remake your suit again.... Then now not only counting the cross shards, I already have 30+ chars that have faction items on it... So now they say they will wipe the points, and then make it so you decay 1 point everyday. This is same as telling me to go and unsubscribe my extra accounts right? Because #1. I surely wont recustomize 30 of my half naked chars again anymore.

#2. For the cross sharded chars, there is no chance to customize because no one will want to spend the time to work out an imbue and pvm char in the other shard and then go farm the resources or get the runics to do reforge and imbue again.

So in another words, the change of factions is crappiest idea ever thought by UO.

My proposed Idea:

#1. Remove kill points (or keep kill points, but remove the rankings associated with kill points)
No.
#2. Allow everyone to have the same chance to wear rank 1 to 10 artifacts
No.
#3. Put a 20 mins or even 30mins Stat Loss penalty for ANY deaths (monsters, npcs, opposing factions guild war) in trammel ruleset
No.
#4. All Felucca ruleset unchanged
Yes.
Additional: If still not enough,

#5. Put certain monsters or boss types or AREA (for example in Ishenlar champ spawns area) in Trammel ruleset have the ABILITY to auto unequip any players wearing faction arties.
No.
My gosh, these already solved the complicated Trammies getting free arties issues! Why it takes so many years for you guys to work it out. In today's UO, pvpers only want to pvp for the 1-3 hours they log in every night after work, they don't want to go pvm for 1-3 hours every night and farm for 7 days to suit up 1 character again.

Okay?
No.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Or #6, make it so only SILVER coins can be used to insure faction arties? Of course the amount will have to be toned down.. Say initial insurance = 100 silver per pieces, then each time death and reinsurance = lose 50 silver per piece.
No.

V

Vyal

You know once the points reset you will only need to kill one or two people to get rank 10 right? It's not like you will need a thousand* points to rank up.

S

SugarSmacks

i never said i thought nox mages were a problem, i don't think either is a problem really tbh. i play both, i fight both, and i play other things. I sure am pumped about my scribe alchy mage now lol. Not like you would know much about template variety.... good luck squeezing in 50ep on your scribe mystic suit lol.

But to answer your question a nox mage (specifically with eo) can be more effective than any nox dexer.

I'm more... taking a jab at Wojoe who has complained that hit lower defense is overpowered since it was introduced, bleed shouldn't disrupt spells, and a dexer shouldn't be able to spam specials(like they'd do damage if they couldn't). You will always complain about what you are up against if you never play different templates that have different vulnerabilities. Wojoe should seriously drop nox for parry, but he thinks every dexer ability in existance should be nerfed so he doesn't get rocked.

EO Poison combo would take roughly 4 secounds to cast in combination and are both prone to interrupt, furthermore you can trigger the EO with other things to block the poison.
Infectious strike takes 1.25 secounds, cant be interupted, and can be reapplied instantly if it is cured instantly and can continue to be reapplied over and over until said dexxer just runs off with his speeder like normal or he kills his target because he could
never get a cure off, but your saying this isnt OP? Maybe you should discuss templates you only dont play so we can get a real opinion eh.

Nox is stupid this nox patch was rolled through in 2001 and nerfed to hell then, playing the same variant is beyond lame. What can i expect next? Them to uncap fc/fcr so we can go back to people casting flamestrike in 1 secound?
Normally that would be a joke but seeing as they though this Nox patch was an "original idea" i would say not/

S

SugarSmacks

You know once the points reset you will only need to kill one or two people to get rank 10 right? It's not like you will need a thousand* points to rank up.
And in two days (if you played or didnt) those points will be back to 0 and you will be without armour again.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vyal, have you actually read the patch notes?

1. points below 199 will decay 1 point EVERYDAY
2. 0 point = rank 1 = won't count as the total membership for determing ranks of others

Let me intepret for you:-

1. You kill 1 person = you get 1 point today = tomorrow you will be 0 point and get half naked again
2. Assume you get 1 kill point, other same 20x factioner also get 1 kill point, this also wont give you Rank 10

Understand now?

This patch is killing faction not reviving factions. Its killing people who have multiple characters wearing faction arties as well. Which in another word, also killing Accounts to get unsubscribed due to this reason because you cant manage so many characters and redo so many suits again afterall!

In my shard, I cannot say other shard, but 95% PVM in Felucca i fight or attack is under BLUE names (non factioners). So you're saying kill points is easy to get? And there are 10+ thieves keep on resetting sigils every 3-4 hours almost every single day in which there is also no easy kill point as well.

Anyways, this patch will be crap once its in. Its already crap as it screwed up my UOAM and my UOA client already.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EO Poison combo would take roughly 4 secounds to cast in combination and are both prone to interrupt, furthermore you can trigger the EO with other things to block the poison.
Infectious strike takes 1.25 secounds, cant be interupted, and can be reapplied instantly if it is cured instantly and can continue to be reapplied over and over until said dexxer just runs off with his speeder like normal or he kills his target because he could
never get a cure off, but your saying this isnt OP? Maybe you should discuss templates you only dont play so we can get a real opinion eh.

Nox is stupid this nox patch was rolled through in 2001 and nerfed to hell then, playing the same variant is beyond lame. What can i expect next? Them to uncap fc/fcr so we can go back to people casting flamestrike in 1 secound?
Normally that would be a joke but seeing as they though this Nox patch was an "original idea" i would say not/
I understand your argument, don't get me wrong, i just don't have trouble with dexers chain lethaling me. I personally, have more trouble with a (good) necro nox-mage. mainly because everything they cast is small spells, and getting blood oathed/strangled while they're doing it makes it trickier.

I always run 60-70 dci on all mages, don't always use a mage weap (so disarm isn't always an issue), have a parry-scribe mage that i play sometimes as well. On any dexer type char I'm setup with 81anat and high healing so curing isn't an issue. When the nox change came out i just went from *cast gheal, hit cure pot* to *cast arch-cure, hit heal pot* I adjusted. Besides, if a dexer is doing nothing but chain lethal, they probably aren't doing enough damage inbetween to take advantage of it. The only char i truely abuse nox on is my nox-fencer mage.

This all being said though, i welcome the change, i'm not saying i don't want it. My alchy mage will be thrilled.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

2. 0 point = rank 1 = won't count as the total membership for determing ranks of others

1. You kill 1 person = you get 1 point today = tomorrow you will be 0 point and get half naked again
2. Assume you get 1 kill point, other same 20x factioner also get 1 kill point, this also wont give you Rank 10

Understand now?

This patch is killing faction not reviving factions. Its killing people who have multiple characters wearing faction arties as well. Which in another word, also killing Accounts to get unsubscribed due to this reason because you cant manage so many characters and redo so many suits again afterall!

In my shard, I cannot say other shard, but 95% PVM in Felucca i fight or attack is under BLUE names (non factioners). So you're saying kill points is easy to get? And there are 10+ thieves keep on resetting sigils every 3-4 hours almost every single day in which there is also no easy kill point as well.

Anyways, this patch will be crap once its in. Its already crap as it screwed up my UOAM and my UOA client already.

Yep yep, they just need to abolish or really hamper that decay rate and everything would be fine. Don't forget to give a week of free rank 10 prior!

S

SugarSmacks

This is where they set an unrealistic point decay to take care of the trammel people using faction armour. This is obviously what they are doing it for but this is the incorrect solution.

In felucca you would need no point decay, let me explain. If you and your six friends decide to go be idiots and rack your points up to 1000 in god knows how long, it wont last. Your deaths will be losing you
100 kill points at a time, thats 10% and in no amount of time you will be back to average with everyone else.

The time you invest to lame up your kills to get an advantage will be bitterly wasted in the end when you get chain targeted ( and by god when someone sees triple digit points when they kill you it will get around).
An advantage cant be mantained under reasonable circumstances, the only reason it was before was because of the faction point multiplyers they had put in the game.

Everyone agrees factioners using cheap easy armour with cheated points in Trammel isnt right, but this solution isnt right, instead of punishing them you punish everyone.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is where they set an unrealistic point decay to take care of the trammel people using faction armour. This is obviously what they are doing it for but this is the incorrect solution.

In felucca you would need no point decay, let me explain. If you and your six friends decide to go be idiots and rack your points up to 1000 in god knows how long, it wont last. Your deaths will be losing you
100 kill points at a time, thats 10% and in no amount of time you will be back to average with everyone else.

The time you invest to lame up your kills to get an advantage will be bitterly wasted in the end when you get chain targeted ( and by god when someone sees triple digit points when they kill you it will get around).
An advantage cant be mantained under reasonable circumstances, the only reason it was before was because of the faction point multiplyers they had put in the game.

Everyone agrees factioners using cheap easy armour with cheated points in Trammel isnt right, but this solution isnt right, instead of punishing them you punish everyone.
The decay issue won't be fully known until you see how many points people carry through normal gameplay and what is necessary for each rank on your shard. If you have 199 points it will decay to 192 by not playing an entire week. The biggest impact I see is that keeping multiple characters at high (enough) rank will become difficult. I'm sympathetic to those who try to faction cross-shard on that point. For just one or two characters though, if you're actually good enough to win some fights you'll get the points back pretty quickly. If you're not you could always consider buying your points.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
T

Understand now?

The notes state that the decay rate is 1% per day rounded down and then they use the example of 199 and below would loose 1 point, 200 to 299 will loose 2 points, ect. The problem with their example is that according to their notes those with 99 points or less wouldn't loose any points. I imagine by now people can confirm on the TC if you loose a point a day if your points are below 100.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This is precisely why I suggest making faction points capped at 100, and have a set point value for you to be rank 10 say 50/max cap and completely remove the decay rate. eventually everyone will be at cap... and it wouldn't be hard for new faction members to get rank up after a few kills, I couldn't careless if non-pvpers use faction arties in tram like I've said before, in all honesty the only faction artie that is completely worth using over the normal one is the Crystalline Ring. 0/3 casting too good for an sdi suit, everything else has increases on properties that have Caps & are easily met with imbuing & original arties.

with such a system it wouldn't be hard for people to play mutliple shards and maintain points either, which is what I want out of it, now its just going to be a B**** to maintain points.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remove the change of Bestial armor & Faction decay in this patch.....people don't want it...

S

SugarSmacks

Remove the change of Bestial armor & Faction decay in this patch.....people don't want it...
Actually faction point decay was already in the game, it just is a tad harder to notice point loss when your points are over 1 million let alone 1 billion.

I do not play factioners honestly enough for this to matter to me, it just matters a lot to the community.

People are mistaken that there will be all this faction action when people cant maintain points. Lines, shards rather, will be drawn, and the pvprs (factioners) will not waste their time anymore on 3/4 of the shards at all then.
If your shard had very little faction action before it will really have none soon.

Who wants to spend an hour (yes that is realistic) to find an opponent to kill them, just to lose that point within 24 hours? LOL!

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually faction point decay was already in the game, it just is a tad harder to notice point loss when your points are over 1 million let alone 1 billion.

I do not play factioners honestly enough for this to matter to me, it just matters a lot to the community.

People are mistaken that there will be all this faction action when people cant maintain points. Lines, shards rather, will be drawn, and the pvprs (factioners) will not waste their time anymore on 3/4 of the shards at all then.
If your shard had very little faction action before it will really have none soon.

Who wants to spend an hour (yes that is realistic) to find an opponent to kill them, just to lose that point within 24 hours? LOL!
More like you'll be LUCKY to find someone to fight in an hour on a less populated shard.....

As already stated here, cross shard fighting will end with this change. Reset is one thing but screwing over ppl who want to play multiple characters and/or multiple shards is entirely another thing.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The realistic point is people TOO CARE on what trammies do with factions arties. Buy the arties and go back Trammel. But in fact, 95% of the trammies I see now is under their imbued or reforged suits while they are working spawns in FELUCCA as a blue character.

Trammies = human

Pvpers = human

I dont see a point of limiting people from purchasing faction arties.

As I have mentioned, to avoid factioners of travelling to Trammel ruleset to ONLY pvm, I already proposed following methods to reduce the probability of this:-

1. Make factioners incur Stat loss of 20-30mins upon death by (monsters/npcs/opposing faction guildwar)
2. Certain areas (for example, Ishenlar champ spawn), automatically unequip faction arties
3. Certain bosses have ability to unequip faction arties within 15 tiles
etc...

Felucca ruleset will keep unchanged for factioners.

With faction arties, people are easier to customize their armour, gets stronger and more participations in fights with ADDS on into the faction system (such as corruption of towns will allow events to happen within that faction; DEVS should focus on increasing the incentive of corruption of towns and participations of events in factions).

NOT using stupid faction arties which already came out for over 3 yrs and then tell everyone that:-

ITS TIME TO GET NAKED and REWORK your suit again!!!

Ya right, I will unsubscribe my extra accounts once my 30+ chars (not counting my other X shards in Asuka and Mizuho), when I see my characters go naked!

Not that I don't like UO, I wouldnt create multiple accounts in the first hand if I dont like UO. The main point is I cant MANAGE so many characters and accounts anymore without the help of faction arties. Period.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
As I have mentioned, to avoid factioners of travelling to Trammel ruleset to ONLY pvm, I already proposed following methods to reduce the probability of this:-

1. Make factioners incur Stat loss of 20-30mins upon death by (monsters/npcs/opposing faction guildwar)
2. Certain areas (for example, Ishenlar champ spawn), automatically unequip faction arties
3. Certain bosses have ability to unequip faction arties within 15 tiles
etc...
1. No

2. No

3. No

If you can't figure out why this should not be implemented maybe you should take some more time to think about the game and less time worrying about what other people are doing.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

I do tend to wonder if anyone is even going to bother with factions after these changes.
The only ones who really get hurt by these changes are the people who play to pvp on multiple shards and wanted an easier way to suit up characters with the faction artifacts.
We needed a faction point wipe desperately.
I find little to no need for any type of "natural decay".

Smaller shards are fighting the same five or six people every day anyway so they don't get points off of them anymore. Bigger shards are impossible for a person who doesn't "know someone" to transfer to because it takes 5735625464562 points just to wear your armor.
Easier for everyone just to start wearing crafted armor now, eliminating the need to join factions.
The only fun part was putting people into stat, but with certain exploits even that isn't lasting as long as it is intended anyway.

Back to red vs blue fights?

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. No

2. No

3. No

If you can't figure out why this should not be implemented maybe you should take some more time to think about the game and less time worrying about what other people are doing.
Yes, I cant figure out. Please explain thoughtfully.

I will reject all your ideas by just saying a "NO" because i say SO!

This is how you sounded like. kthx

Moreover, why am I worry about what other people are doing? I don't get your point. Honestly, what I have to worry what other people are doing? I am simply stating my points and proposal to try and solve the issue, but you come here and say a "NO" without anything in productive. By the way, are you personal attacking me :)?

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about anyone can wear armor but the more faction armor you wear the longer stat is,like start at 5 mins stat then add time for each piece, so if you need orny,c-ring,def-glasses,and the fcr-3gloves your stat would be longer maybe like 30 mins

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and who cares if you have 30 characters ,one on each shard you raid and grief people with,make new suits ,why should the game stay the same because your lazy and wanna rule every shard?

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or better yet why should you be able to wear faction armor in trammel on every shard at the events with no work involved, IF YOU WEAR FACTION ARMOR YOU SHOULD GO IN STAT EVEN IN TRAMMEL

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm always a fan of shorter stat periods myself, and you have an interesting take on it Flappy. Not sure if everyone will agree but it was definately interesting has potential in my view. Regardless keep the ideas flowing guys, you never know when we may stumble on one that we like (hopefully the devs also). As always if you do some testing on TC or have some more feedback make sure to pop into the TC forum and post in the feedback thread as well.

Currently back to Red vs Blue fights.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or better yet why should you be able to wear faction armor in trammel on every shard at the events with no work involved, IF YOU WEAR FACTION ARMOR YOU SHOULD GO IN STAT EVEN IN TRAMMEL
Read my messageS, I have been proposed STATS in trammel as a factioners (by monsters/npc) upon death.

Yes, who cares I got 30 chars, I never asked anyone to care, but I just saying my point of view that they are killing my multiple accounts due to this, because I aint gonna rework all of my 30+ chars okay? If I can't no longer manage so many accounts, why I still need to keep it active? Not trying to threaten or anything, but just telling them that what they changed is not helping, but killing accounts and characters management in this very moment.

Main point is that making it harder to use faction arties DOES NOT help faction pvp fights. It will worsen it. Face the fact and the truth.

So if one cannot obtain faction arties, what's the incentive to join in faction? To join faction so that you have to desperately looking for people to kill in Felucca? Or to join faction to desperately steal sigils every 5 hours and then pray for no one come steal in those 10 hours which will almost never happen even in low pvp population shard. Or to join faction so that upon death you get 20 mins SS with no rewards at all?

Why there are no new players in UO?

1. Maybe the graphic is crap? I really don't know, but I dont agree this.
2. I think the game is really too hard for them perhaps? Because they wouldnt have the millions to buy the resources and train to 120 imbue, smithing, tailoring, etc... And you tell the newbies to get kill points or faction artifacts? i think it stands 0% chance for them. So for vets, they can get several chars geared up with faction arties even after this rubbish patch, what about the newbies? Or what about those who dont have 10+ hours everyday to check for peeps to kill and guard sigil?
3. UO's been out for how long now? Its been freakin 14 yrs and almost 15. The people who are staying and playing are majority in the range of age of 25+ to 35 or even 40+. Don't tell me 90% of the majority can play UO 10+ hours per day to farm resources, PS and artifacts. The main point is during this age, we have to work in real life and usually back home and enjoy the gameplay for maybe 2-3 hours? (for me of course, I enjoy coming back home, log into UOAM and UOA then check spawns and if hear any beep sounds somewhere, will go for pvp)
4. Faction arties is really a good implement of system, it takes about 10-30k of silvers to set up 50% of a character and then the 50% will need to either imbue, hunting, runic or reforging. But current approach is telling you, you must check your deserted land for fights or you must stand in your stronghold and look at the screen for 10 hours straight to make sure no thief who logged off inside your base to reset the sigil so that you could get the wooping 70 points which lasts for 70 days for 1 character before you will go naked again..

Too complicated!! Keep it simple. Open faction artifacts opportunities to everyone and change it so that Trammel ruleset also will incur Stat loss if killed by monsters,npcs. Remove the rank requirements associated with faction arties. Faction should implement new event system to encourage participate of guarding sigils/controlling towns. Not by increasing the difficulties to obtain faction arties to increase the participation; totally wrong approach!

5. Current system, is that when somebody go naked, that night he wouldn't be pvping at all. This is very simple logic. Will you go pvp if you see your character logged on and your armor dropped in your backpack? Just think of this question then you already get the answer.

Of course some of you gonna say, you could get some imbued suit and reforge suit to wear. Yes, I can, but if i can wear full set of imbued and reforged suit, what's the point of joining factions then? So means faction will be more dead correct?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like I said, cap faction points [100] or less and rank should be +1/5% points rank 10/50% max points, remove point decay & set everyone that's above 100 points Down to 100... easy fix and few complaints? you would still lose 10% points when you're killed by an opposing faction member. capping points at 100 [just a fail-safe to keep another exploit from damaging the point system like we have now] it wouldn't be hard for anyone to maintain points on multiple characters and/or shards. as for people in tram using faction arties? make the original artifacts the same thing... it would benefit pvm (getting the same items of factions but without a faction requirement.. faction members have the benefit of buying their items with silver and the fraction of the time. (but they deal with stat-loss if killed by an opposing faction player/monster.

sounds fair no?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question for the RP peeps--what's the deal with The Awakening as it is right now on production...did the Jukan win or is this like some third force? I mean since the Jukans are right next to the graverobbers seems like Jukans maybe won?

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Test Center will be published with the following changes this evening:

From Bleak_Mythic in TC Forums:

Faction Score System *Update*
All faction scores will be scaled down instead of wiped.
All faction members’ rankings will be updated to reflect the new scaled points.
Faction score now decays at a rate of 1% (rounded down) of score per day. Scores of 99 or below will have a scaling chance to decay 1 point per day. The closer the score is to 0 the smaller the chance is of having point decay.
Players with 0 Faction score will always be assigned Rank 1 and are no longer counted in Faction membership totals when determining the size of ranking brackets.

Bestial (Berserk) Suit *Update*
Players can no longer remain in stealth while in rage. Berserk timeout duration updated to 8 seconds and greatly reduces all healing effects while in all stages of rage. After exiting the berserk state all healing is still reduced for 8 additional seconds and a cool down of 60 seconds goes into effect which prevents players from entering rage.
*Just a heads up for our testers and those interested. Looks good at first glance, heading over there soon to do some more testing. - ShadowTrauma*

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Little bit improved, but still in the wrong direction:-

Players with 0 Faction score will always be assigned Rank 1 and are no longer counted in Faction membership totals when determining the size of ranking brackets.

The above needed to be removed.

Honestly, if there is only 1 guild in for example TB. There are 10 pvp chars inside. Meaning only 10 pvp chars are rolling for rank 10?

WTF, this doesnt make sense, so that those 10 pvpers will NEVER EVER be able to be Rank 10 all together? Instead only 1 member (since I read only 10% of the top point could become the Rank 10). Could you guys open up your close-minded to think thoughtfully? Do we have honestly think there is 100+ members in a same faction? Even there is 100 members, only 10 can be rank 10? WHAT THE HECK?

Kind of stupid in my opinion. Please use your brain to think the whole scenrio again.

All members should be counting forth the size of ranking brackets.

But again, either scale down the kill points or wiping the kill points doesnt change anything. The approach is ALWAYS wrong as long as you need to keep the rank requirements for wearing artifacts. If kill points are so hard to come by, faction arties are so hard to get, people are just gonna quit faction, period. Faction will become further dead.

Step 1: If you open faction artifacts opportunities, players will join faction and purchase the artifacts.
Step 2: You open new events / rewards for controlling towns and guarding sigils to attract more players to participate. Honestly, we can scale the %, say 60% of the events involved mass pvp or slight pvp, whilst 40% of the events involved mass pvm or slight pvm.
Step 3: Encourage all factioners to join factions to participate in faction activites by putting STAT loss in Trammel as a penalty if get killed by ANY monsters/npcs.

Done, finish. 3 steps solved all the problem for faction and perhaps bring life to it again. And you won't face the problem of people crying "oh no i have to readjust my 30 mil suits all over again everywhere"

You seriously think, if today EM say, all events will only be in Felucca, do you honestly think that Trammies wont come and try?

A

archite666

As someone with quite a bit of faction experience I figure I should weigh in here...

I believe the problem here is that there is some differing opinions on the purpose of factions. I think we should make that clear... I now present Cash's primer on factions.
Factions
Purpose: To encourage Player vs. Player gameplay.
Advantages:
Faction artifacts (Artifacts with greater abilities)
Faction items (Such as Greater Stamina potions)
Faction Warhorses
Disadvantages:
Stat loss ( When killed by a member of a opposing factions, member will lose 33% of skills for 20 minutes)
Freely attackable by member's of opposing factions
Felucca towns with faction traps or guards
Mission Statement
Increase involvement in factions and eliminate players from using faction artifacts while never entering Felucca.
Purposed Changes
In order to keep factions players coming back to felucca, I purpose:
-Increase the decay of faction points, this may or may not happen with the new patch
-Add ways to farm faction points, currently stealing sigils is the only way to farm points other than killing players. My suggestions:
-Faction guards give points when killed.
-Faction monsters give points when killed.
-Random Faction NPCS spawn in faction towns that can be killed for points.
The end result would players would need to enter felucca, say once a week to farm their points totals so they could continue to wear their gear.
I have seen something like this work on Siege Perilous where we do not have insurence, so silver is constantly being farmed in order to replace lost artifacts. Those looking for pvp would check the silver spots looking for factioneers farming silver and possible pvp would ensue.
The current concept is greatly flawed. You should not reward the best pvpers with even greater gear. If I kill more people, I should not have access to even better gear than those I kill, it creates a reverse handicap. Rather, we should earn points by participating in factions, via doing various activities in Felucca and having the risk of being killed.
I think this is the perfect way to keep everyone happy. It will make people who want to use their faction artifacts in trammel have to go to felucca on a regular basis, and risked being killed. It will also make the artifacts more accessible and have a clear method of obtaining them. This should get more people interested in participating in factions.​
The new stratics has caused me to post this while I was typing it so bear with me while I edit it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As someone with quite a bit of faction experience I figure I should weigh in here...

I believe the problem here is that there is some differing opinions on the purpose of factions. I think we should make that clear... I now present Cash's primer on factions.
Factions
Purpose: To encourage Player vs. Player gameplay.
Advantages:
Faction artifacts (Artifacts with greater abilities)
Faction items (Such as Greater Stamina potions)
Faction Warhorses
Disadvantages:
Stat loss ( When killed by a member of a opposing factions, member will lose 33% of skills for 20 minutes)
Freely attackable by member's of opposing factions
Felucia towns with faction traps or guards
Mission Statement
Increase involvement in factions and eliminate players from using faction artifacts while never entering Felucia.
Purposed Changes
In order to keep factions players coming back to felucia, I purpose:
-Increase the decay of faction points, this may or may not happen with the new patch
-Add ways to farm faction points, currently stealing sigils is the only way to farm points other than killing players. My suggestions:
-Faction guards give points when killed.
-Faction monsters give points when killed.
-Random Faction NPCS spawn in faction towns that can be killed for points.
The end result would players would need to enter felucia, say once a week to farm their points totals so they could continue to wear their gear.
I have seen something like this work on Siege Perilous where we do not have insurence, so silver is constantly being farmed in order to replace lost artifacts. Those looking for pvp would check the silver spots looking for factioneers farming silver and possible pvp would ensue.
The current concept is greatly flawed. You should not reward the best pvpers with even greater gear. If I kill more people, I should not have access to even better gear than those I kill, it creates a reverse handicap. Rather, we should earn points by participating in factions, via doing various activities in Felucia and having the risk of being killed.
I think this is the perfect way to keep everyone happy. It will make people who want to use their faction artifacts in trammel have to go to felucia on a regular basis, and risked being killed. It will also make the artifacts more accessible and have a clear method of obtaining them. This should get more people interested in participating in factions.​
The new stratics has caused me to post this while I was typing it so bear with me while I edit it.
IMHO the faction artifacts are the worst thing ever added to the game, factions do not encourage pvp, just force a bunch of people to kill each other at turn to get better items :D

Oh and there is no place named "felucia" :p

A

archite666

I clearly said I was editing my post. For some reason, hitting space bar too many times caused my post to publish.

Either way, the artifacts are here and i'm proposing a very realistic fix to the ongoing problem of faction ranks/points.

Thank you for your "enlightening" contribution.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some interesting ideas there, Cash...