• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 75 comes to TC1

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Nope, but I know the game was better before bestial suits were in it. No nerf for them will be extreme enough. They add nothing to the game.
this is the kind of feed back that does not help at all! you will not like anything they do unless they get rid of it? because you dont like change of any kind?

we need to learn to adapt tand have change that is what has kept the game around so long! if it was exactly like it was when the game came out it would have been shut down long ago

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, can we get info on if enhance pots changes the chance to cure? does greater cure +50 EP have a 37.5% chance to cure lethal? does EP + alchy have a 45% chance to cure it? If that is the case, are we risking poisoning becoming irrelevant again?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Also, can we get info on if enhance pots changes the chance to cure? does greater cure +50 EP have a 37.5% chance to cure lethal? does EP + alchy have a 45% chance to cure it? If that is the case, are we risking poisoning becoming irrelevant again?
some of this info is in the test center forum posted by developers! TC forum is where these questions should be asked

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings,
Here are the publish notes to accompany publish 75 coming to TC1. Read and enjoy!

Publish 75.0.0

Poison Cure Changes – Increased chance to Cure

Greater Cure Potion:
25% chance to cure lethal poison
45% chance to cure deadly poison
75% chance to cure greater poison
100% chance to cure standard and lesser poison
Cure Potion:
15% chance to cure lethal poison
30% chance to cure deadly poison
50% chance to cure greater poison
Lesser Cure Potion:
5% chance to cure lethal poison
10% chance to cure deadly poison
15% chance to cure greater poison
40% chance to cure standard poison
100% chance to cure lesser poison

Increased natural poison resistance to 20% of the player’s poisoning skill
I'm not impressed. with the cure pot changes, unless skills ability to cure has been bumped up significantly (I didn't see any skill cure changes) Cure pots should just have a cooldown then ALL levels of poison would be "useful" and the higher levels would obviously do more damage.

on top of how OP poisoning is right now, poisoners now get a resistance bonus too? it's a little upsetting I'm not going to lie.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am most excited about the addition of the two foundation styles being added. I'd like to see a LOT more of that! Now just add in some roof tiles and floor tiles and I might actually upgrade my accounts to being able to use those. But I still say until they "finish" those tile sets I'm not upgrading the vast majority of my accounts.

And I must say that I'm encouraged by the long list of Bug Fixes. Sadly though I don't see that they increased the number of Co-owners a house can have yet. Nor have they fixed dozens of the bugs in the EC that prevent me from using it when trying to design a home. I'm also willing to bet that they haven't worked on many of the issues with placement of items in 2d vs the EC such as welcome mats... I'm also waiting on a fix for not being able to place "multi-tiled" objects near the entrance when they are NOT near an entrance. Especially buggy in Castles and Keeps.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Enhanced Client 4.0.24
Item Property Classifier

The character abilities window now features a detailed listing with descriptions of all active item properties that your character has from equipment. It also displays a detailed list of all available properties that can be displayed.
·
Fixed crash when dynamic objects or mobiles are drawn and deleted continually.
  • Cliloc Changes
Continue reading...
this is cool feature I have checked it out and should help new players a lot!

W

Wojoe

Greater Cure Potion:
25% chance to cure lethal poison
45% chance to cure deadly poison
75% chance to cure greater poison
Cure Potion:
15% chance to cure lethal poison
30% chance to cure deadly poison
50% chance to cure greater poison
Lesser Cure Potion:
5% chance to cure lethal poison
10% chance to cure deadly poison
15% chance to cure greater poison
40% chance to cure standard poison
100% chance to cure lesser poison
I think cure pots are fine as is.

AGAIN the real problem is people spamming special moves, In this case infectious strike.

AGAIN try to address the cause and not the symptom.

We the player's, I mean vet's told you this before but you ignored us. So now I think it's kinda funny to see you have to fix it again when all along we told you the problems with changing poisoning.

If you don't believe that look up the old threads.

Besides that...i do like some of the other changes listed, Thanks!

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You woul
I think cure pots are fine as is.

AGAIN the real problem is people spamming special moves, In this case infectious strike.

AGAIN try to address the cause and not the symptom.

We the player's, I mean vet's told you this before but you ignored us. So now I think it's kinda funny to see you have to fix it again when all along we told you the problems with changing poisoning.

If you don't believe that look up the old threads.

Besides that...i do like some of the other changes listed, Thanks!

LOL oh wojoe.... you would state the problem is special moves not cure pots since you've played a nox mage your entire existance. the cure pot change is welcome and great. going through 10 cure pots on occassion is rediculous, and i have several chars that use nox. Lets be objective instead of stating what we want for ourselves shall we?

S

Sevin0oo0

Ran over to Wrong, Are some mobs totally immune to certain weapon specials? Is this new?

S

SugarSmacks

You woul

LOL oh wojoe.... you would state the problem is special moves not cure pots since you've played a nox mage your entire existance. the cure pot change is welcome and great. going through 10 cure pots on occassion is rediculous, and i have several chars that use nox. Lets be objective instead of stating what we want for ourselves shall we?
You think nox mages are more of a problem then people who spam infectious strike 10 times in a row? Seriously?

Whos biased now?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The dye colors for those interested.

I noticed that leather caps caused the halo effect, so I left it off for the image.

Liking the Deep Blue and Glossy Fuchsia (someone reading Sinfest on the dev team?), other two... not so much.

W

Wojoe

Considering that infectious strike is used on most of the fastest weapons in the game and at 120 fencing and 120 poisoning it only cost 10 mana and combine that with max HLD its really overpowered and has been all along...So before you cry about a mage using nox try to remember we only have a 5% chance to hit for level 5 poison and they get 100% every time...they should change it to 30 or 40 mana per special move or slow down the weapons they use...either way it's overpowered now just like years ago.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
according to the TC forum, the dev said yes that is how it works. not bad tho, no ep/no alchy 1 in 4. ep, 1 in 3ish, ep/alcy almost 50/50.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Considering that infectious strike is used on most of the fastest weapons in the game and at 120 fencing and 120 poisoning it only cost 10 mana and combine that with max HLD its really overpowered and has been all along...So before you cry about a mage using nox try to remember we only have a 5% chance to hit for level 5 poison and they get 100% every time...they should change it to 30 or 40 mana per special move or slow down the weapons they use...either way it's overpowered now just like years ago.
Every thread you have ever posted in you have ranted about dexers. And you are pretty much the only one that ever does it. You have a large bias, just admit it, and while you are working on that i could use one of those 120 poisoning scrolls...

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
according to the TC forum, the dev said yes that is how it works. not bad tho, no ep/no alchy 1 in 4. ep, 1 in 3ish, ep/alcy almost 50/50.
Yah.... I guess 45% with 100 skill invested isn't bad. I would like to know what the chances were before. I am pretty sure bestial suits are still a problem though.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would prefer for everything that's interrupt-able have a 100% chance to cure (spell/aid) and pots are the problem (poisoning never would have needed a "buff" if it didn't get auto-cured by baddies holding a cure pot macro), the way it is now with this "passive OJ petal" causes non-poisoners poisons do absolutely nothing), lesser-normal poison seems to get cured within the first 2-3 ticks every single time.

bring some skill back to UO please...

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if it has been said. Not read through all the replies. Please make all faction arties wearable by whatever rank for a week. Let the points balance out. I know alot of people who have sold off old artifacts (they dont go below rank 9 or 10) and this will severaly limit peoples ability to even get points if they are missing there head piece, ring and bracelet.

I am sure my voice will fall upon def ears but I am atleast putting it out there.

PS. I still have an orny and crystalline on each shard along with crimsons etc for my chars. So not going to impact me tooooo much. Except I will have to play alot more to keep up my points as I play 4 shards and PvP on all of them.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Players with 0 Faction score will always be assigned Rank 1 and are no longer counted in Faction membership totals when determining the size of ranking brackets"

I highly recommend this part be omitted. It's gonna be VERY HARD to get started with rank now unless they add the double/quadruple back in. The 2x4x point thing is fine AS LONG AS points decay quickly like they're suggesting. As it stands now no one will be rank at all anywhere for a while. At least if characters with 0 points counted it would help SOMEWHAT, then 2-3 points could be rank 10 (for a day or two). Let's not fail to mention those that pvp on multiple shards in faction fights using faction gear. Too bad for those poor souls.
I'm glad someone said it.

This won't be so bad on my home shard where we are already suited up and have access to imbuers. The cost of Xshard PvPing has definitely gone up now though.

There was a time when I could confidently simply build a character on another shard, put together a crappy suit and then hope for a lucky killshot to give me enough points so that I could put together a full suit using Faction armor. The whole process would take only about a week or so.

Now I must either farm the shard despite having subpar armor, or wait till someone I know and trust to use a transfer token to bring imbued armor over.

I understand that the points system has been tampered with for quite some time now, but it was handy in its own way. I did the exact same process as I listed above on Great Lakes, and ended up with 200 million points. Whenever I felt like logging into GL, I knew I would have the points and rank necessary to wear a competitive suit so that I could PvP freely. I don't know anyone on the shard nor wish to spend that much time farming to be able to get a non-imubed PvP suit so this change effectively means that players like myself will simply have to stop playing on that shard. I'm in a similar situation on about another 3 shards.

I wish there was another solution, unfortunately, I can't think of any.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The faction kill points change does not help anything at all, it only slows down the pvp process and kill us more time to recustomize all the suits which is non sense up to this state of UO. UO pvp are already very few and limited, I dont see a reason to limit people wearing faction arties. With the faction arties, I am able to customize 20+ pvp chars to get on the field and fight and I create more UO accounts in the process. Without the faction arties, I can just go back and focus on 2-3 chars only thus unsubscribe extra accounts since its no longer able to manage too many chars for me.

Got to understand that, when you join factions, you have 20 minutes stat loss upon your death.

If UO wants to prevent 100% trammies from wearing faction arties and go back to Trammel for pvming, I suggest making any deaths from monsters/NPC would mean 20 mins stat loss in Trammel ruleset. All else in Fel could be unchanged. This should fix most of the problem.

Now they change it into further a joke.

It mentions that 199 or below = drop 1 point per day.

Meaning if i killed 1 person and get 1 point, meaning the next day would be deduct 1 point?

If its true, faction is totally a joke.

Or lets say, UO is a joke, 1 person per UO account = more than enough in this situation.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This won't be so bad on my home shard where we are already suited up and have access to imbuers. The cost of Xshard PvPing has definitely gone up now though.

There was a time when I could confidently simply build a character on another shard, put together a crappy suit and then hope for a lucky killshot to give me enough points so that I could put together a full suit using Faction armor. The whole process would take only about a week or so.

Now I must either farm the shard despite having subpar armor, or wait till someone I know and trust to use a transfer token to bring imbued armor over.

I understand that the points system has been tampered with for quite some time now, but it was handy in its own way. I did the exact same process as I listed above on Great Lakes, and ended up with 200 million points. Whenever I felt like logging into GL, I knew I would have the points and rank necessary to wear a competitive suit so that I could PvP freely. I don't know anyone on the shard nor wish to spend that much time farming to be able to get a non-imubed PvP suit so this change effectively means that players like myself will simply have to stop playing on that shard. I'm in a similar situation on about another 3 shards.

Ken, I suspect the publish may sit on Test for a week and then Origin for a week, so maybe that gives a little bit of time to do some Doom/peerless runs on the shards where you are most concerned about armor, while your faction armor is still equippable? And maybe in that time someone in your guild can finish imbuing and everyone can jump in and help with farming resources for imbuing? Maybe people who are currently heavily reliant on faction armor could also use the shard forums to post lists of typical non-faction artifacts and/or pieces of craftable armor that they know will be useful, so the PvMers on the shard can perhaps pitch in and help come up with those items and sell them? Now might actually be a good opportunity to perhaps do some creative buying and selling...maybe if your folks are sitting on some unused power and stat scrolls, you could offer them in trade for other stuff you know you'll need? Perhaps also use the factions forum to find out if other faction players on specific shards can recommend trustworthy crafters that would make high-end pieces for reasonable prices if your folks can supply some of the resources.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of you guys have some good ideas and feedback, take them on over to the TC shard and post there. I was pleasently suprised when I got responses back prompty in regards to the cure chance and EP.

Meatbread

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Meatbread's translated publish notes!

Greetings,
Here are the publish notes to accompany publish 75 coming to TC1. Read and enjoy!

Publish 75.0.0

Global Arc

The two or three people who didn't give up on the City Loyalty grind weeks ago are in for a treat. We're adding... something. Not telling you what, though. Even though these are the publish notes.

Clean up Britannia – 4 new dyes

• Glossy Coffee Stain
  • Deep Octarine
  • Green Again
  • Rusty 1978 Ford Pinto
Faction Score System

Oh my god what is this I don't even

Faction Pet Combat Fixes

• Hey guys I fixed the faction pet bug
  • I'm gonna spread it across like four bullet points though
  • It totally makes it look
  • Like we're four times as productive
Commodity Broker Fixes

• Reminder: Commodity Brokers exist
  • We totally added some ML ingredients to them that nobody has used in years.
  • You want to go buy one of those booster packs nobody liked now, right?
  • No? Why not?
  • High Seas? Still a complete mess.

Will you quit screaming about Infection Strike on the forum? Probably not. We should have seen this coming months ago when everyone said poisoners were about to become gods, but whatever, you're not the boss of us.

Bug Fixes

• Opening your backpack no longer deletes the UO client.
  • Mongbats no longer cuss in Spanish when killed.
  • Commodore 64 used to host Oceania shard retrieved from toilet.
  • Player items will no longer be randomly deleted. Syke, this is still in.
  • Players mounts no longer explode when mounted.
  • Snow has been removed from Britannia. We hope to have land in place of the snow no later than publish 97. Until then try not to fall into the void.

Classic client 7.0.24
Classic Client Patcher Update

The classic client patcher has been thrown away and replaced with a much worse one that takes two or three minutes of work just to tell you that it doesn't need to patch. Also we broke UOA again. Also your client, if you use UOA. Enjoy.
  • Cliloc Changes. We're still not sure what a cliloc is.
  • Fixed client crash during the intro movie no one has watched in 10 years.

Enhanced Client 4.0.24

We still haven't optimized the UO: Third Dawn UO: Kingdom Reborn UO: Stygian Abyss... whatever... client to keep it from chugging on computers that wildly exceed the listed specifications. What? We're real busy over here.

S

SugarSmacks

Actually this patch is good for the point wiping, its been needed for years but has been ignored.

Now the bad side.

Participation in factions is going to go way down now not just on any particular shards, but probably most except the VERY MOST populated shards. A lot of this is first going to be the rediculous amount of point decay your going to have turned on.
Most people who play factions do not play them enough on a slower shard to maintain the amount of points to exceed decay. There is simply not that level of interaction, basically very few will have faction armour and even less will be able to maintain
rank to hold it.
People who had multiple shard pvpers in factions ( i would say more than 4, and yes there is guilds full of these people) will no longer be able to maintain rank on all those shards. They know you combine multiple shards with barely any pvp to find on
any of those shards to begin with, then multiply it by the stupidity of the decay rate and it is now impossible to maintain. Honestly i dont blame you for not wanting to maintain or simply just not playing at all.

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That could be done, though it would require they essentially double their art files for the EC. One piece of art at the current CC resolution, and then an upsized one to match the current hybrid EC art. I'm sure this would give Grimm fits.

However, if you lock down the resolution, you still face the postage stamp sized play window. They could simply make the window bigger and show more of the terrain, but it would still be tiny if locked at the max CC resolution. Good luck finding a ring or a single gold coin :p
Yes, it is giving me fits (but not just me!), but this is what we're working towards with the high resolution graphics effort.

-Grimm

Meatbread

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes, it is giving me fits (but not just me!), but this is what we're working towards with the high resolution graphics effort.

-Grimm
Hey Grimm, hey, you probably work with whoever wrote this new patcher. The one that has to chug for a couple minutes just to go "Nope, no patch today!" every single time the client starts. Tell them it is BAD.

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it odd that they can import the classic artwork into the new file format, and have it run in CC, but even if they have to limit the screen size, they can't use classic artwork in the new client.

I'd ask Grim about that, but he's on vacation, I believe.
Although this has been answered, just thought I'd let you know that I read this.

Yea, I'm on vacation, but I wanted to check in on the publish. :)

-Grimm

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't care about not being able to use faction arties for a few days, but there never would have been a need for any of these point wipes/rank wipes if faction points had been capped, and no one could get above say 100 showscore... even though they fixed the old method to rapidly get points, leaving it uncapped just leaves room for another potential exploit to lead to exactly where it was before this change. just saying this reset isn't completely necessary.

Rank should update upon logging in as well imo, sucks after you xfer to another shard you still have to wait a day before you can use your arties. (or they could make the non-faction cry-ring 0/3 too?)

As for the people who use faction artifacts in tram... I couldn't careless. If something "worth it" gets added to Fel, they'll be there, and be vulnerable to stat-loss, and if they don't, who cares ?

I don't know why poisoning is still getting buffed up, (giving 20% more chance to resist a caster's poison is just stupid) as if poisoning wasn't OP enough, they make it even harder for people without poisoning to compete? Cure pots only make it harder for people without poisoning as well, does no one see this? (100% to cure (g-cure) and a 5 second cooldown, easy fix, what would it break? (except the baddies?) =D)
I never liked going to the "flavor of the month" templates, but I'm considering it now.

The Cure pot changes in This pub... (with UO's RNG) would be hardly noticeable, what's 5% more? you could get a mage with 80% lrc and fail to cast any spell 5x in a row VERY often. that said, no doubt there will be times you slurp down 1-10 G-cure pots before it gets cured even with 50 EP.
Although with Alchemy and 50 EP. it will be noticeable.

Poisoning is becoming the new mysticism's stone form + protection, because of the following reasons :
#1 Cure pots increasing the chance to cure poison with this only making more people put poisoning on their template. (who doesn't have it now though eh?)
#2 Poisonings ability to negate lower level poisons (like Orange Petals) without being interrupted, and at no mana cost within 1-3 ticks of dmg.
#3 DP/LP's curing difficulty with interruptable curing methods (healing + anatomy, chivalry, magery & cleanse winds) .

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure whether this change means:-

199 points or below = drop 1 point per day

So meaning from 1 point to 199 points = drop 1 point per day

Basically what they are trying to tell us is, TIME TO QUIT factions guys and TIME TO DELETE any of your extra pvp accounts unless you could spend your time all over again for your multiple account characters and readjust all your suits again with imbue, reforge, etc...

GOOD JOB DEVS for heading the correct unneccessary direction of further destroying factions. Thanks!

Like I said, the debate of faction arties used by trammies really make everything way too complicated... Do you still see pvmers nowadays wearing faction arties on their sampire to solo spawns in Fel? In my shard, less than 10%. In other shards, no comments.

The only way to improve factions is to totally remove kill points and allow everyone to have the opportunities to wear faction arties. Then change it so that any faction who travel to Trammel and got killed by monsters/npc (guards, etc..) in Trammel will incur 20 mins Stat loss. While Fel keeps the same.

This way people without the money or time to focus on reforge, imbue, resources gathering, etc.. still could get an easier way to customize their suits for different pvp and pvm templates

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although this has been answered, just thought I'd let you know that I read this.

Yea, I'm on vacation, but I wanted to check in on the publish. :)

-Grimm
Well thank you for responding on your vacation! Hopefully you did so from a hammock and a laptop with a pina colada on a side table next to it.

I don't know if you had the time to read all of my responses in the discussions, but I'm still not entirely sure I understand. I know you're doing double duty for the high-res artwork, but since no one has really seen it yet, and there is no ETA on its release, could you address the following question (Attempted summation from my other posts):

If the file formats are now the same, and EC art assets are really nothing more than upsized CC assets (minus the animations, I'm sure), what would technically stop the developers from enabling users to optionally point the EC client to use the CC art and animation files, understanding there would be no ability to zoom or resize the game window?

Perhaps this is better suited to other client engineers, but seeing as you know a great deal about the art, you might know why. I still need to make that screenshot, but I was patching all last night.. My kingdom for a 1mb connection... *Sigh*

Thanks Grimm, and enjoy the rest of your vacation!

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one below hits home for sure. My laptop runs the EC better than built up gaming system
Meatbread's translated publish notes!

We still haven't optimized the UO: Third Dawn UO: Kingdom Reborn UO: Stygian Abyss... whatever... client to keep it from chugging on computers that wildly exceed the listed specifications. What? We're real busy over here.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oh...it's tiring to maintain the faction points.
The other option is to actually obtain the artifact the faction artifact was modeled after and then you don't have to maintain anything.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You think nox mages are more of a problem then people who spam infectious strike 10 times in a row? Seriously?

Whos biased now?
i never said i thought nox mages were a problem, i don't think either is a problem really tbh. i play both, i fight both, and i play other things. I sure am pumped about my scribe alchy mage now lol. Not like you would know much about template variety.... good luck squeezing in 50ep on your scribe mystic suit lol.

But to answer your question a nox mage (specifically with eo) can be more effective than any nox dexer.

I'm more... taking a jab at Wojoe who has complained that hit lower defense is overpowered since it was introduced, bleed shouldn't disrupt spells, and a dexer shouldn't be able to spam specials(like they'd do damage if they couldn't). You will always complain about what you are up against if you never play different templates that have different vulnerabilities. Wojoe should seriously drop nox for parry, but he thinks every dexer ability in existance should be nerfed so he doesn't get rocked.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As for the faction points,

I agree the points need wiped, but i think for the 1st week faction gear should not require a rank, that way people will have suits to be able to get rank to wear the suits they have. I also think 1 point of decay a day is way way way too much. maybe 2 points a week or something. All of the multi-shard factioners will be devistated by that decay rate, unless the take the irritiative and get some imbued suits thrown together.

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well thank you for responding on your vacation! Hopefully you did so from a hammock and a laptop with a pina colada on a side table next to it.

I don't know if you had the time to read all of my responses in the discussions, but I'm still not entirely sure I understand. I know you're doing double duty for the high-res artwork, but since no one has really seen it yet, and there is no ETA on its release, could you address the following question (Attempted summation from my other posts):

If the file formats are now the same, and EC art assets are really nothing more than upsized CC assets (minus the animations, I'm sure), what would technically stop the developers from enabling users to optionally point the EC client to use the CC art and animation files, understanding there would be no ability to zoom or resize the game window?

Perhaps this is better suited to other client engineers, but seeing as you know a great deal about the art, you might know why. I still need to make that screenshot, but I was patching all last night.. My kingdom for a 1mb connection... *Sigh*

Thanks Grimm, and enjoy the rest of your vacation!
Ok, I see what you're saying. The EC client has been using Legacy environment art assets from some time (as Malag pointed out earlier) so the file format, from an aesthetic point of view, is just a formality. The EC client using Legacy animations is a whole other ball of wax.

As for the zoom, I think someone has already answered that as well, but in my opinion, giving players options is the best approach to implementing anything. So I can invasion a future release of the EC client where "Enable Legacy Animations" is a checkbox in your preferences menu, even though there are no current plans to implement this. But we have a ways to go to get that happening.

Living up in the Pacific Northwest pretty much ensures no hammock, especially since we jus had a layer of snow deposited last night, but I like the Piña Colada idea - and appreciate the sentiments.

Cheers!
Grimm

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Living up in the Pacific Northwest pretty much ensures no hammock, especially since we jus had a layer of snow deposited last night, but I like the Piña Colada idea - and appreciate the sentiments.

Cheers!
Grimm
No kidding my son was not happy when i told him he still had to go to school!