• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 73 Comes to Test Center

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My .02 so far...

1 - Awesome change! Finally giving the dungeons some meaning.. This sounds like a great change. I haven't tried the loot yet on TC but I'm hoping its less items and when you do find an item a better chance it is something useful.

2 - Seems like ALOT of them are brittle or 'cannot be repaired'. The cannot be repaired seems a bit extreme. That makes it basically a one use item. If this is the case - it should at least start at 255 durability. That would give you at least a day or two as a melee character using it. For the 'brittle' items, I'd suggest at least 50 if not 75 duability. A hunting session with a sword with 25 durability is like 15 min. You can't even do a spawn with that.

I was really pleasently suprised with the release notes here though... Nice work.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

it seems like the new prefix suffix system is another Blizzard blatant copy
Not really... the ORIGINAL UO item property system was ALL based on prefix/suffix (sometimes prefix. prefix, prefix, item, suffix, suffix). You actually had to have Stratics or the Prima guide to list out the levels and meanings.

(Also having Luck and skills put on a more coarse scale will work out MUCH better in the system)
Ya the naming isnt all that bad. And it was here in UO first, just not to this degree.

From what I've seen on the dungeon floor and looted myself, I'd probably look for a lesser item with a non-typical mod and see what I can do to imbue it. Plus the rings and bracelets seem to exclude any durability penalties. So maybe I can get lucky with a few of those. Suprisingly several items unravel into relic frags. I tried with a bag full of loot on an elf at Ter Mur soulforge and got quite a few. So a garg at the queen's forge will do a little better.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, resist bonuses are too rare. It also seems that slayers on weapons are too rare as well.

If an armor piece drops with the Fortified name mod, it will have mad resists, but otherwise they most likely get base resist values. I expect this will get tweaked a bit before live publish.

Right now I'm thinking that about half the time, the system should force reserve a percentage of the overall item budget to be spent on resists. So: many pieces will drop with decent resist values but will have less power devoted to other item properties, while other armor pieces will drop with little in the way of resist but lots of powerful item properties.
I'm not sure how well you could work into the system, But I would like to suggest scaling the resist vs other item properties to the level of the dungeon/mob. So the lowest (in relation to difficulty) level tends to drop more resist heavy mods, middle levels drop mods with other magical properties and the highest levels a combination of the two. Well something like that anyway.

*EDIT Or perhaps certain mobs focused in magic or strength, on the same level, dropped generally respective categories of item attributes*

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*massages forehead*

Tanivar, Tanivar...

We all know your point of view, it was extreemly obnoxious of you to jump in with both feet like that...

They dont wanna please the PKs by boosting fel, they wanna please the brokers (the people who have more accounts than us all combined) who have milked UO so much their only remaining thrill is to prey on victims in fel, much like a psychic vampire would.
<bows to Ahuaeyjnkxs>

Definitely good for a laugh. Took care of the irritated mood the fel bait news brought on. :)

We do likely need the players with the dozens of accounts holding 4500 1,000,000 gold checks on each to keep UO more profitable for EA.

It's still annoying it benefits the character type who nearly killed UO before UO:Ren created Tram so that paying customers had somewhere to go to escape them besides to a different game.

One major button I have. <shrugs> :)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, resist bonuses are too rare. It also seems that slayers on weapons are too rare as well.

If an armor piece drops with the Fortified name mod, it will have mad resists, but otherwise they most likely get base resist values. I expect this will get tweaked a bit before live publish.

Right now I'm thinking that about half the time, the system should force reserve a percentage of the overall item budget to be spent on resists. So: many pieces will drop with decent resist values but will have less power devoted to other item properties, while other armor pieces will drop with little in the way of resist but lots of powerful item properties.
Thanks for the response, Phoenix. Makes me feel a little better.

Although the low durability + brittle is still an issue that will keep me from using much of the stuff. Anyone using a melee character will agree with that I'm sure.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the response, Phoenix. Makes me feel a little better.

Although the low durability + brittle is still an issue that will keep me from using much of the stuff. Anyone using a melee character will agree with that I'm sure.
agreed, who is going to grind all day long in a dungeon to get an item that will last less then an hour of use..

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Killed one of the bosses - Gives a message when double clicked

The whetstone is used to remove the DI off an exceptionally crafted weapon - has 1 use.

1st Boss = 10 Shame Crystal Points
2nd Boss = 20 Shame Crystal Points
3rd Boss= 30 Shame Crystal Points

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few notes:

- Items now have not only non-imbuable mods (such as HCI, DCI or Primary Stats on armor), but also imbuable mods but at a higher intensity (LMC on armor up to 10, HCI on weapon up to 30, etc...)

- All items are enhanceable

- All items with ANY SA mod (Casting Focus, Eater, Hit Fatigue, etc...) carry the tag "Requires the SA Expansion" and ARE NOT IMBUABLE AT ALL, regardless of the number of properties/weight

- "Luck -100" DOES count as a property, and with a negative imbuing weight. It can be overimbued with positive Luck but not removed (you can't imbue 0 Luck). The other negative mods (Cursed, Brittle, Cannot be Repaired) do not count as properties.

- Total Luck can apparently not go negative on a char (or at least it doesn't show)

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This needs to be fixed - The second level boss spawned in part of the dungeon that you can ONLY teleport to. There is NO OTHER way to get across

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok things I like:

Revamping a dungeon..... GOOD.... Making it packed with vermin BAD... uping the spawn a bit..... Good Uping it to insane proportions BAD...

New items.... Eh... The item properties... could be ok but honestly 25 durability no repair... may as well slap that up on a shelf and say Ooo pretty.... otherwise fairly useless... 10 minutes of play and the sucker is history.

God forbid you ran into something like Acid Ele's or such ....

I agree 50 or 75 would be FAR more exciting and worthwhile... 25??? Why bother.

As for the "Risk vs Reward" BS... I'm not going to Fel Shame to farm anything... yet one more thing for the Gold Farming Fel Gank/Zerg guilds to control... Ok on shards where there isn't a Gank/Zerg guild in control of everything.... but for most shards you may as well just had them another billion in gold... And watch them turn that into cold hard cash selling it on their websites.

Bug fixes! Keep them coming!

Infact if you made that more of a "Theme" for every publish I'd be all for it!

Updates to the EC... Keep them coming!

Thanks for the update... thanks for the publish... Keep working we've a LONG way to go.

And increase the communications.

A+ and Gold Stars to Grimm, Mesanna, Logrus, Phoenix and Supreem for posting comments... and opening up.

Huge thanks for breaking the Barrier of Silence.

T

tiggertessa2007

TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY!!!!!! i really needed something to do on here, nothing was worth hunting really anymore.....ive been on TC1 for a couple of hours now, and i love it! i feel like a total newbie again, peeping around the corners actually scared of the blood eles, instead of rounding up all the bloods on the 3rd lvl and killing the with my wither. the prefixes are great to, really takes me back to the old days of silver vanquishing quarter staffs......this reinvention of shame is amazing, and the human items are finally as good as the gargoyle items.....i was honestly so bored i was ready to sell everything and just start all over again for something to do....i cant wait till this patch goes live i can for see many hours being spent in Shame......Thanks Devs!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Maybe a bit more durability of the Brittle items, but depending on how often they drop, and thanks to them being much more logically themed mod-wise, I could see them getting use KNOWING that they are temporary. Maybe you grab that weapon with crazy-insane stats balanced by Unlucky, Brittle, Cursed, etc and carry it down to equip when going after the "boss" type monsters.

The whetstone is used to remove the DI off an exceptionally crafted weapon - has 1 use.
What this tells me is pretty simple... regardless of the lack of communication... they've been listening. People have asked to be able to scrub DI off exceptional weapons since Imbuing came out and now there will be a way to do it. VERY cool.

HOPEFULLY the lack of communication was because of this publish because it is quite the surprise (and to be honest, I don't know if it was already timed to hit today or if they tweaked it due to JC's post, but it is one hell of a "take that"), however the level of communication does need to open up quite a bit.

The numbers on the items be they durability, resists, or whatever can be tweaked... the question will be "does it make the dungeons FUN?", and from the sound of it... looks like it.

Shiznit Bo'Bourbon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Seems solid so far.

Can the cave trolls be trolls, and have a better handle than "a cave troll The Wall Guardian" please? That's like Engrish or something. Just call them a wall guardian.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I noted that alot of the loot seems to have -100 luck on it.

Here are some rings and braces I collected in a few min of hunting Mud ele's and the like

Bracelets
Mystic Bracelet of Slaughter [Major] Cursed
Mana +1, MR 4, Luck -100, SDI 15%, LMC 8%, DI 25%

Animated Bracelet of Slaughter [Lesser Artifact] Cursed
Dex 7, Stamina 5, HCi 15%, SDI 3%, DI 25%

Bracelet [Minor Magic]
Mana +1, MR 1, SDI 3%, FCR 1

Bracelet [Lesser Magic]
Dex 1, MR 2, Luck 10, FCR 1, LRC 20%

Animated Bracelet [Major Magic] Cursed
Stealing +5, Focus +10, Luck -100, EP 20%, FCR 4, LMC 4%

Rings
Ring [Lesser Magic]
Resist Spells +5, Dex 1, Stamina 3, Luck -100, EP 15%

Ring [Lesser Magic]
Luck -100, FCR 1, LRC 20%, Poison 5%

Ring [Major Magic]
Dex 5, Int 4, Luck 60, LRC 15%

Ring of Haste [Greater Magic]
Dex 7, Stamina 5, Luck -100, FCR 1

Ring [Minor Magic]
Necro +5, Disc +5, Luck 20, DI 10%, Energy 5%

Ring [Minor Magic]
Tactics +5, Dex 1, SDI 6%, LRC 5%

Ring [Lesser Magic]
Lore +5, Str 3, Stamina 5, Luck -100, EP 5%, Cold 5%

Shiznit Bo'Bourbon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
the idea of mousing over each and every item to see whether it's worthy will just break up the flow of play, the very idea that Imbuing was supposed to be tackling
Just mouse over them and see if they say "Lesser Magic Item" or "Major Magic Item" or whatever on them. Throw everything over a certain threshold into a bag, leave the rest, and sort it when you get home.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great thread, great ideas guys... wow isn't that cute, free patch testers get constructive when the devs get their feet wet.

No more cloud hovering over like superior beings sounds good to me ; you'll see guys it should be worth it.

I'm having fun with the new additions, but this has now a Diablo flavor, once you start giving more like that and enhancing diversity ; you also enhance adversity and need to double efforts on the balancing.

When you play diablo you play diablo, when you play UO you expect to actually have a lore and a story going on that gives motivation.

All in all I think its going to be a lil crazy in shame for a while, but once this gets applied to all dungeons it will still be balancable...

I see where you guys are going now devs, a pseudo-light at the end of the tunnel ; thanks I think I understand a little why you were reluctant to speak about it.

*they did after all take the idea on the boards people*

Just like the arenas, altough they were aiming to please a whole different crowd.

I see a balanced change, improvement, maturity.

I like what I see.

---

Six months following the gem's destruction, the Avatar and the Companions were sent in search of Batlin. This journey took them to the Serpent Isle, home to a people who left Britannia due to Lord British's supposedly "tyrranic" virtues, and formerly the Lands of Danger and Despair during Mondain's assult. The Avatar tracked Batlin, whom the Guardian killed as a part of his master plan to destroy the Avatar. This, however, was only the beginning. When Exodus summoned the Great Earth Serpent, it caused a war between two ancient, rival factions on this land. One side won and left the world. All these things combined to form an Imbalance, which the Guardian capitalized on, and used to attack Britannia. The Avatar and Companions repaired the Imbalance, but not without sacrifice: One of the Companions was forced to give his life to save us all. After Balance was restored to the universe, the Guardian sent the Avatar to another world, one already conquered by the Guardian.

P

pgib

Ok, i did a better test now that the lag passed away. I might be biased because it is all new stuff but i liked every bit of it (and i'm a legendary whiner).

The fourth level looks very crowded: step in and you'll be surrounded by area damaging mobs with tons of hp and offscale resistances. And there are packs of big mobs everywhere. Tricky place where to hunt.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I checked it out on TC, I didnt get to try Everything, but the mobs are noticeably more difficult, Loot has been significantly improved for those even Without luck.

Its a hell of alot more fun in shame with these changes (I didnt check tram)

I didnt get to see the mobs that are spawned via shame alters,

I did get to see <name> the Burning, killed him, and it dropped decent loot.
2 Legendary artifact items not really worth mentioning the stats, as they didnt really compliment each other But this was with 0 luck and no honor (in fel).
Not sure if you still get the artifacts from anti virtue dungoens or not, I didnt get any of them, such as Joanna's Staff.

I like the changes so far. it had a few people there on test pvping would love to see the first harry popped in the New Shame dungoen =D

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
umm sorry Dermott, I just saw your post up there was adressed to me.

the basic prefix suffix system was fine in my opinion because simple...

giving all those names to an item (and you dont even need to ID it) ...

its UN-Ultima... well I'm not even sure they are trying to be Ultima anymore...

Lords of Ultima Online...
:sad3:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice work devs on revamping shame. Hopefully you will do the same for the other dungeons in the future.

Now tell me the truth....... Warhammer/DaoC Online devs give you some ideas on how to get people to do dungeon runs? We all know the best gear comes from dungeons lol Kidding......not :p

Anyway good job :)

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless your in fel with a luck suit the advantage wont be that much greater. Large population hunting there may make some dust off their thief.

Brittle is like a replica that has different durability set to it.

Seems the first level will be for those that are looking for something to Imbue and the 5th level for those looking for a chance at a cleaner uber arty.

As someone mentioned. Looks as if they been reading our post on what ideals we toy with to improve the game. Can't go back far enough in my post to copy paste what I wrote nearly 2 years ago about old dungeons being brought back to life.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra has said what I have been telling fokes for years.

Fel has many players, the catch is they have been there the whole time you just didnt see them.
Many to their own thing and do the very old ways of keeping to ones self and quietly. Meaning they dont scream on chat "hey I am in fel come find me pks,reds."

As for this I am overjoyed at the new Shame!! Thank you Phoenix pass it on to Messanna! No i didnt forget you too Grim thanak you hun.

This might be the one argument for keeping a few friends in game that wer on the fence of quitting.
What she said.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*slays Zosimus*

Kelmo!

*whistles*

I need to give someone some stone boots around bucs den waters...

;)
LawL :thumbsup:

I be like the second coming of Jesus. Oh wait................ the NPC's beat me to that when you see them walking on the water :bowdown:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yay... for.. full...

hardcore...

ok that sounded bad... don't press send !!!

EDIT IT !!!

CLASSIC UO *no pun intended* = UO HARDCORE

Yes we are !

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well im liking it, i transmered my sampire over and he not having any problem, loot looks cool as well, also cool colors for some of the stuff.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Playing catch-up, apologize for the quotation-length! lol

I'm in the camp that's confused by these changes post-imbuing, since imbuing was supposed to end the grind. Or at least I thought imbuing was supposed to end the grind? Theses changes are like AOS 2.0...and if Legendary Artifacts can come out without any negatives then Shame will be scripted 24/7. A different kind of miner ;P.

Heh I've seen many a Blaze Cu sooooo I'm just saying....... Time & Effort = King!
Totally agree. If it's possible to get a no-negative Legendary, well, it's going to happen possibly in the first week or two.

The SA mods will be very, very interesting, because they'll quickly devalue the few artifacts which have those properties. Eaters have a 30% cap, which means you can get up to 90% w/ 15x6, but for no effect greater than 30%...which is too bad, haha. Would be sort of funny to have next to no resists but a 90% eater ;P.

Can the cave trolls be trolls?
Yes. Why on earth are they ogres?

Sometimes a very powerful monster spawns in Shame : the Harrower. How will these changes apply to the Harrower (True Harrower included of course)?
Good question. Devs? I think what will happen is only natives will be affected, at first. Then I assume everything in the game, if people like it, as Phoenix suggests:

I'm going to go ahead and plant the idea now of adding these randomized artifacts to the Gauntlet.
I wouldn't be surprised if something like that were to happen in the future. If the new loot system is fully successful, then it pretty much obviates the existing randomly generated items, and we'd phase them out over time.
It almost looks like you brought back the Pre-AoS naming conventions with a new twist......I LOVE IT. Better than seeing boring names for non-artifact items.... :)
Definitely. But this change is more like playing Fate or something, rather than classic UO ;P.

Right now there is no low-to-middle alternative to the Crimson Cincture, Tangle, Conjurer's Robe, Lt's Sash, Conjurer's Trinket, for instance [...] Just something to consider while the system is being tweaked.
Great point!

Grimm why not?
We're running at capacity at the moment so we don't have any resources to devote to new creatures.

This was a perfect opportunity for new artwork. Please tell me its planned?
Not at the moment, sorry!

-Grimm
A dev saying he's busy in plain English. Really impressed by the communication in this thread. When's the last time four different devs responded to one thread?!

Here is a legendary artifact:
Wow...until you realize it's not mage armor ;P that would be my luck!

Hired NPCs no longer vanish randomly.
Woohoo!

I've been at it a while on TC. I still can't find Deckard Cain :)
Stay awhile... and listen!
lol...what in the Diablo are you guys going on about ;)

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think there was a slight miscommunication. The drop rates are the same. The difference with Felucca Shame is that items will have a slightly higher item property budget, and luck checks done for loot generation are given a significant bonus.
How many years into the Felucca vs. Trammel thing is it going to be before you guys stop giving nuggets to the Feluccans?

It wouldn't matter if every mongbat in the forest near Yew dropped Exceedingly Accurate Supremely Dangerous Hyper Poisonous Electrified Over-Adjectivized Long Swords of Super Duper Vanquishing that came in a variety of colors, shapes, sizes, speeds, particle effects (lolz) and ring tone sounds...

Giving the "market advantage" to Felucca yet again is saying, "Hey [insert typical Feluccan griefer guild that owns half the plots in Luna], here's the next bit of money you can exact from your Trammelian malcontents."

Champ spawns didn't breath life into Felucca. Double resources didn't breath life into Felucca. Now we're going to give it a better chance at spawning better items. And it won't breath life into Felucca. It will only give the anti-socialites of the game a method by which to continue to perfect what they have already been doing for years.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Playing catch-up, apologize for the quotation-length! lol
My favorite part of that long list in the image you showed of a legendary artifact:

"Requires Stygian Abyss Expansion"

Really?

I mean, yeah, I'm sure the folks who haven't bought it are going to run screaming to the local EA store (*snicker*) to buy SA for this.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rolleyes:

Oh and yes Gheed, it seems like the new prefix suffix system is another Blizzard blatant copy that raises my level of general nausea...
Ahu, oh Ahu! You, more than most, should know that UO had prefix and suffix long, long before WoW ever existed!

I remember my durable tunic of fortification, which was nice while I hunted to find an indestructable tunic of invulnerability. Don't you? And how about a supremely accurate katana of vanquishing?

The 'glass half empty' folk sadden me. I'm a 'glass half full' type myself, and what I see here is an effort to, as far as possible, give us back the game we had - when 'magic items' had special names, but you knew you couldn't keep them forever. So while you wore it, or used it, and enjoyed it, you were always on the look out for the replacement for when it wore out. :D

That's my interpretation, and while I could very well be wrong, I'm a long way to believing that I'm right.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, check the cliloc spoilers.... There appears that there might be a very costly means of removing some of the negative properties at a later date (like the things that would inhibit repair and/or POF)

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New items.... Eh... The item properties... could be ok but honestly 25 durability no repair... may as well slap that up on a shelf and say Ooo pretty.... otherwise fairly useless... 10 minutes of play and the sucker is history.
In Traveler's 'spoiler' thread for the patch, http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/253995-*spoiler*-client-7-0-19-a.html , there's a piece of text that you may find interesting.

Item Curse Removal
These services cost Clean Up Britannia points. I can remove the following curses from this item at these prices:
These services cost Clean Up Britannia points. You cannot afford to remove any of these curses from this item at these prices:
You must remove "Cannot Be Repaired" before you can remove "Brittle".

Edit - And while I was typing that, and getting the links, and learning how the 'spoiler' tag works, Basara beat me to it...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One bug I've noticed on Test, is that Player-Summoned EV's & Blade spirits, attack each other.

I'm a big fan of the Anti-Sampire mobs that reflect healing via weapon/effect into damage to the attacker. good stuff =]

I Haven't tested the loot (With luck) but the loot is noticeably better in Fel vs Tram.

Fun so far, and can't wait till this goes live, and see whats in store for the other dungoens, Also, are dungoens from other facets ie ilshenar Malas & Tokuno, going to get a revision as well?

The only thing that is missing are som art changes, but that shouldnt be a high priority anyway, Goood F@#!ing Job on Shame =D

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh people are complaining about stupid stuff now. I'm not a PVP'r or a PK'r or anything of the sort yet I am in fel regulary hunting, searching, stealing etc. Its really not that bad, I dont think I would ever side with the 'hardcore' PVP'rs as they are called but seriously winging about Fel getting buffs smacks of you lot being complete and utter wimps. Deal with it, work together and get into fel for 'hunts'. If I can do it solo (And believe me I am far from hardcore, my suits never match up and my skills are never fully trained) then so can you! I am sick and tired of the constant winging about Fel vs Tram. Does it really matter? Really?

From what I've seen you wont find many 'farmers' in shame or in the mainstream areas, they inhabit the painted caves and places like that. Mostly becuase PK'rs knock them out as soon as they find them! Worried about 'red's invading your fel hunt? Then take a big group and beat them into stat loss and stand proud instead of hiding behind the tram ruleset.

Publish 73 is an awesome publish, its something we've all be asking for and now its here. But how do some of you greet it? Like a bunch of spoilt brats, seriously if you dont like it sod off and play another game. The Dev's have worked hard on this publish and as we've been told it is something rather special. I cant wait for it to go live and I cant wait to dust off my thief and mage/mystic.

This has all the things people have been asking for, be grateful and stop nitpicking. Get yourself into Fel and start fighting for your right to be there. I'm sure if theres enough of you that can work together you can fight off any pk guild thats there. The PK/PVP guilds have one thing you guys refuse to use... tactics! So think about it you got 3 mages cast this.... Paralyse - Explo - Poison - FS. Virtually every ganker you'll find will die at that combo.. especially if 3 mages do it at the same time. At a minimum thats 150 of damage (At a max... wow it'll be alot).

I dont have am imbuer but I think this dungeon would give alot of resources to imbuers with the trash items. I also hope that they make the drops harder for all replicas and arties after this goes shardwide. It'll make Arties worth something again. What I like is the extras that the Dev's havent told us about, I think we need to look into that with alot more depth!

Good work Dev's, I'm one happy player with this :)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the Global Chat ignore new feature !!

As in regards to Shame new items generation engine, I saw no mention of any differences (if any) whether hunting in Trammel or Felucca.

It would be helpfull to know whether the engine makes any differentiation in regards to the facet or not.

Thanks.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe these are the ones you unravel for relic fragments?

A+ and Gold Stars to Grimm, Mesanna, Logrus, Phoenix and Supreem for posting comments... and opening up.

Huge thanks for breaking the Barrier of Silence.
Search your memory a while. Isn't this the normal pattern? Silence for weeks because they have their heads down and noses to the grindstone. Then the publish hits test center and everyone arrives here? And if they'll pardon the well-meant analogy, like kids let out of school :D

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW, check the cliloc spoilers.... There appears that there might be a very costly means of removing some of the negative properties at a later date (like the things that would inhibit repair and/or POF)

If this is the case, and the way to remove negative properties will only be through Clean Up points, then the Clean Up system must be left as permanent or this would definately create, IMHO, huge inbalances between those players who were able to stock up lots of points and those players who could not.

Not to mention, those players who already used up most of their Clean Up points getting items rather than keeping those points stocked up for later use....

No doubt, IMHO, "if" the way to remove negative tags is through Clean Up points, then the Clean Up system must be left as permanent.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey pops, you have to go on test center :lick:

If you are referring to the Felucca/Trammel differences for Shame, even going to Test might not necessarily shed light.

It all depends whether "if" there is a difference, such a difference is great enough for a player to notice it through ordinary game play which, IMHO, is very hard to say.

We can only make sure if we are told by the Developers that indeed, a difference exists and what it is...............

I do not think that going to Test server and just playing a bit in trammel and then a bit in Felucca might really show that indeed there is some difference.

It could all just be RNG luck or bad luck........

If we want to know it for sure, we need the Developers to tell it to us, IMHO.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i killed an area of earth eles and muds w/ 140 luck and got:

bracelet - cursed/mysticism 5/swords 15/mana 4/dci 15/di 10 - greater magic item

not an amazing end-game item, but considering the difficulty and my low amount of luck, these items are going to make building a char from scratch easy as heck. I also got a couple of major magic items (out of 28 items).

i saw someone earlier in thread asking if shields were spawning, and they are, got three right off the bat.

jewelry (ring/brace) doesnt seem to spawn with durability, which will make jewelry perhaps the most valuable.

mystic bracelet - cursed/ dex 4 mana 1/ mr 4 / sdi 12/ lmc 4...greater magic item hm

by the way, did regular earth eles always give colored ore? I forget...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are referring to the Felucca/Trammel differences for Shame, even going to Test might not necessarily shed light.

It all depends whether "if" there is a difference, such a difference is great enough for a player to notice it through ordinary game play which, IMHO, is very hard to say.

We can only make sure if we are told by the Developers that indeed, a difference exists and what it is...............

I do not think that going to Test server and just playing a bit in trammel and then a bit in Felucca might really show that indeed there is some difference.

It could all just be RNG luck or bad luck........

If we want to know it for sure, we need the Developers to tell it to us, IMHO.
See what I mean Petra ? Need I talk more ?

This is amazing, popps I love you :hug: