• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 73 Comes to Test Center

F

Forte~

Thanks for the reply, Phoenix!

Is the max imbuing intensity still 450 as these are all non-exceptionally crafted items? Any chance of boosting the cap to 500 for greater magic items and 550 for artifact quality items?

-OBSIDIAN-
I think the man has something here, the down side is that it has a "negative" property but if the dev team really wanted to really kill it they could make require relic fragments, a ton of fragments.

F

Forte~

Right now there are no changes to Imbuing in the works, but we do intend to re-evaluate those kinds of things, once we see how these new loot items shift balances around.

There is a way to get a new item in Shame that will remove Damage Increase from an exceptionally crafted weapon.
If changes are made to imbuing I would love to see spellbook imbuing as an option and have posted about it before. Plenty of ways to get it done without giving away the farm.

F

Forte~

any thoughts on this publish dropping items with properties you cant get on most items but not all? I'm thinking hiding? or something like that.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've killed about 20 or so Deseased blood elementals and about 3-4 Chaos vortexes, I would say there dropped about 60-80 items or so, Legendary artifacts drop fairly regularly on Chaos vortex, but i haven't seen a Single Slayer weapon drop yet

Also, If you could re-impliment the old system, where you had to hunt specific mobs for slayer weapons.
(example = Elemental mobs dropped Deamon/gargoyle slayer weapons)

I think that system changed when AoS came out. but if there should be revision similar to this in All dungeons, there has to be something unique with each dungeon, so there will be a reason to go to each one of them. instead of farming the "easy-to-farm" ones.

Maybe something like the "Whetstone" but does a different thing in each dungeon.

*impressed so far pvm is getting fun again* Wootie =D

One more thing, any ETA on when this might go live ? =]

U

Ultimaholic

All this complaining about the uselessness of these items must be comming from a PVM standpoint. On Siege (or any other fel ruleset,PVP situation), I can see these items being very useful in easy to obtain pieces for a pvp suit ya don`t care bout losing. Maybe this stuff can even the playing field a lil bit against faction arties and things like that?

To me,thats what it seems like. Aside from the unravel value for relics.... really seems like fast,easy replacements for cheap pvp options.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luck affects the loot, I heard a while back a dev telling us how broken the formula for luck was, where the more luck you have, the worse loot you get, has this been fixed?

K

Kayne

All this complaining about the uselessness of these items must be comming from a PVM standpoint. On Siege (or any other fel ruleset,PVP situation), I can see these items being very useful in easy to obtain pieces for a pvp suit ya don`t care bout losing. Maybe this stuff can even the playing field a lil bit against faction arties and things like that?

To me,thats what it seems like. Aside from the unravel value for relics.... really seems like fast,easy replacements for cheap pvp options.
People also seem to be forgetting the dungeon has been done so as to be useful to a character of the high 50-70 range. NOT for an all 120 template. These items reflect the fact a new player can use them as throwaways while they find the next one and gain some gold/skills to get a better suit

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is like an early Christmas present for me. My "local" favourite dungeon getting love again is brilliant. Thank you devs! I've been longing to see this sort of old dungeon love for years, never thinking it would really happen. Just wow....

Dare I ask though, if this is the start of some love in the old dungeons generally? Will we see changes elsewhere in the future?

I'd love to see some of the dungeons that have champ spawns actually turned back into actual fun dungeons again. Champs might produce scrolls and some folks might want to fight for them, but not every Fel resident wants to fight for bits of paper any more ;)

As for the grumbles about Fel getting some love.... Well, in Tram only the spawn can kill you :p Additionally, you can't recall in and out of different levels in Fel. That makes hunting more time consuming and risky even without PKs, especially if you don't want to carry a lot of loot around with possible PKs about. Getting to the highest level requires you to go through all the lower ones first. If you present a hunter with a safe convenient place or a hazardous time consuming one, with identical loot, only the crazy choose the tough level. That's just common sense, nothing to do with carrots.

A bump in the loot will also encourage Fel/PvPing players to hunt in Fel rather than pile into Tram. Some Tram players may be glad of that when this publish goes live and Shame could be mistaken for Destard with all the GDs and tamers.

Still, it wouldn't be Uhall if Tram folks didn't moan that it was some horrid attempt to lure them to Fel. I'm afraid to say this, but please, just stay in Tram. I don't want folks in Fel who don't want to be there and are going to get all upset and fussed over the different ruleset.

Wenchy

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luck affects the loot, I heard a while back a dev telling us how broken the formula for luck was, where the more luck you have, the worse loot you get, has this been fixed?
Luck is not broken, and that last part was never the case.

I really should just save a response on a note pad for each time this comes up, until it's corrected. :D

First up, Luck isn't broken- at least not in the way people seem to think that it is.

Here is the quote from Draconi, that he made just after he left EA/Mythic:
Luck is still fundamentally broken, I seem to remember. I think it's because the intensities of the loot tables aren't being taken into account because all the default values for the tables are below the threshold... some gobleydegook like that. So random weapons/armor/jewelry mods from monster drops are still going to miss the luck factor in some ways.

So, it is working except for this part:
So random weapons/armor/jewelry mods from monster drops are still going to miss the luck factor in some ways.

The best level is the higher you can get, the better.

G

Green Mouser

Hmmm did you read Imbuing in my post? I mentioned Enhancing and a reference to the possiblilty to remove brittle/cursed/non repair (supposedly from trade in points).
Which I believe was said wasn't coming... least wise not with this round.... and it don't matter what you enhance it with it WON'T make it Medable or in any way shape or form useable...

IF you are a fighter and you plan to actually do anything with it the thing will be broke in under an hour...

If you were a mage it Might last longer but it won't allow you to med....

So again..... I say Useless... nice shelf litter that's about it.
Spoken like a player who only uses a Sorcerer's Suit. Spot on huh?

My Dexer rocks the current spawns with skill and MR. I wouldn't waste a slot on Mage Armor when crafting because it isnt needed (normally add LMC). Now with pieces popping up in Shame with 9 Regens, Suits have the capability to easily cap or be so far down the road of diminishing returns to be a joke. MR 50 LOL. Per your comment, even in EM events you couldn't use 25 Durability in a hour.

As to durability. I have yet to have a piece of Armor be repaired 25 times. With that said I wouldn't use a 25 durability item on my Sampire (By the way, he wears pieces that are not Mage Armor but Paroxymous dies to his Scimi anyways).

Do you know what enhanced means? I havent found a comment from the Devs yet that says they are not implementing the removals for trade-in points. Post the link?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know I'm going to get some hating, however having played a tamer for years these goods are going to be a major boost in their abillities. Think about it, how importamt is durabillity to a tamer? I've had the same luck suit for literally YEARS without repairing. I can see some devistating mage builds for the mage/tamer comming from these. How about a tamer build with max damage output (something like 120 bush chiv tacs + taming and lore.) Sick GD on critter then swing away. Weapons would take damage but suits would stay intact.

P

pgib

I know I'm going to get some hating, however having played a tamer for years these goods are going to be a major boost in their abillities. Think about it, how importamt is durabillity to a tamer? I've had the same luck suit for literally YEARS without repairing. I can see some devistating mage builds for the mage/tamer comming from these. How about a tamer build with max damage output (something like 120 bush chiv tacs + taming and lore.) Sick GD on critter then swing away. Weapons would take damage but suits would stay intact.
I have to try and see what suites can be really made before to say anything about that. You know, one of the great problems of taming is that we can't get near out pets to vet anymore because the mid level to big mobs do a lot of area damag. Take a minion of scelestus for example: poison -> switch -> flame = insta kill. We use greater heal and that is good for armors but bad for style. But if with a combination of items we could manage to build a suite with enough hit point regeneration (via damage eaters or simply very high hpr) then maybe bandages could be taken out of the shelf.

The bad news is that a kind of suite like that will make pvpers start whining like maniacs, the properties will be nerfed to death and we will put bandages on the shelf again.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Picture this possibillities:

Taming: 115 Lore: 115 Bushido: 120 Archery: 120 Tactics: 100 Chiv: 100 anatomy: 50
Suit: Maxed mana regen, maxed int&mana, and maxed LMC.

Send GD in and sit back and spam specials and GH against mobs you can't get close to.

switch swords for archery for critters that don't have area spells or demon swapping and spam AI while your GD tanks for you. (would have to use a normal sword to avoid the durabillity issues

P

pgib

Doesn't work. With greater heal you regenerate like 50 hit points per seconds while most of the "interesting" mobs do 70+ so your dragon is going to die. You need to apply bandages AND cast greater heal / cleansing winds to keep your pet alive so you have to stay in the range of the mob.

Take rikktor for example: you have to constantly vet-heal the pet then the heartquake kicks-in and if it bites you there are very little chances to survive (and i'm talking about a full resistance-mage weapon-dci equipped tamer here). With damage eater, if some of the physical damage could be turned back into hp then you could have enough time to hide to make rikktor retarget, then hp regeneration will heal you while you continue the bandage-heal process on the gd.

It is still very tricky (and 25 durability will not last a lot) but at least it could be done in tamer style.

Critters are not the problem - well, unless they are a gang of lich lords with maybe some paragon but i'm not asking for sampire power.

P

pgib

GH with zero magery?
Yeah, it is interesting how my brain decided that there was magery in that template.

In fact i see now that there is no veterinary either. Well, with that set of skills you can't really do anything that the greater dragon can't handle by itself and for those you don't need extra damage, they will go down pretty fast anyway.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rarely do I have an issue keeping my greater dragon healed with just greater heal and for those times Arcane Empowerment more than makes up for it.

The only time my dragon seems to die is when I run out of mana, not because I cannot heal though it... and that is without using vet.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just forgot to type in the magery heh there is space there with minimal additions from jewelry heh left vet out purposly

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unbound energy Vortexs - Pretty much afk killed them for crystals
NPC the burning - Most powerful thing down there
Chaos Vortex - For only one of them, it sure didnt seem too special
Diseased Blood Elementals - Was more in line with what should be there
NPC the crazed - I like its ability to "taint" mana, but its offensive power is again, pretty weak
Wind Elementals - More in line with the blood ele's

Now dont get me wrong, it still took us about 2 hours to get enough points to summon all 3 bosses.
What kind of character were you using?

RioGrande

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if something like that were to happen in the future. If the new loot system is fully successful, then it pretty much obviates the existing randomly generated items, and we'd phase them out over time.
Please dont forget the chestloot (mibs,treasure chests,paragon chests) if you change anything at the loot system.
The chests are just balanced since a few month,before they were useless because of "old crappy" loot.