• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 73 Comes to Test Center

K

Kayne

Can a dev confirm if the terrain update will be everywhere or intitially only a TC thing?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just want to verify that the new loot can be imbued? It doesn't say it cannot... but it doesn't say it can.

Also, are there any new artifacts being introduced? Can you get a "Legendary Artifact" in Shame?

I like what I've read so far. This is a great change and I hope it spreads to the rest of the land.

-OBSIDIAN-

Perfectionist

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I could not have come back to this game at a better time. This update looks absolutely incredible. Can't wait to see it in action!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe now they'll fix luckblades that I have been submitting for the past year or two.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for replying Mesanna and Pheonix, I'm very grateful for the clarification :)

As for the complaints already about Fel/Tram differences.. Give it a rest for once guys, your complaining about a none issue. Fel gives better loot in general, deal with it already its been the same since Tram existed. Going to fel is a risk and as a result you get better stuff for it. Easy to understand and accept!

This is an excellent publish and now I can see how the future is going to be, just dont let the wingers ruin it!! Shame here I come!!!

Sal

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yeah, it's so populated they've spent the last ten years giving it PVM "welfare" to try and lure people there.
I know a lot of people who go there we dont all go to pvp some of us go to try and avoid it and be sneaky and see if we can :)

KingHen

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Dusts off the luck suit*

Thank you. It has been too long since luck has meant more than getting gold bricks and a Heart of the Lion.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't say it was over busy. But there's more people there than the half dozen hanging out at Yew gate.
I dig maps in Fel, for pinks. I work honesty in Fel.

Now excuse me while I switch back to my other monitor - cos my char's in Fel and I have to keep her safe.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the patch is ready but tc is not in list yet

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a very nice update !

It was about time we got a real Herald update... umm...

About the bug fixes tho... Messana or Phoenix...

refilling a pot of egg-nog ? :eek:

Would it be possible please (I'm asking very politely) to confirm to us you have read the major bugs we've been talking about for the past 2 years and that you cannot fix them ?

I'd prefer to know you cannot fix them, instead of just feeling like we did all this communication effort for naught.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooooo, something tells me this is the start of old dungens revamps. :D

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just want to verify that the new loot can be imbued? It doesn't say it cannot... but it doesn't say it can.
Yes, they're imbuable. Of course many of them will have too much total weighted item property intensity. But the rare named weak items will drop with fewer than 5 properties, allowing imbuers to add new properties of their choice.

Can you get a "Legendary Artifact" in Shame?
That tooltip item serves the purpose of identifying items created with this new loot system. The identifier itself provides information of the total item property budget the item was given when generated. This includes the bonuses from its disadvantages. The designations of "Major Magic Item" and "Lesser Artifact" represent the approximate strength of an exceptional quality armor imbued to the max.

The system can generate things up to "Legendary Artifact" quality. And believe me, some of these items will be insane. But they'll almost all be cursed, brittle, etc..

The system also has some astronomical odds of generating Major or Legendary Artifact items that don't have any disadvantages. But seriously, don't count on seeing very many at all. Seriously.

Also, are there any new artifacts being introduced?
There are no new pre-designed artifacts added with this system. They are basically random artifacts. Most Greater Artifacts and above will be guaranteed to have both a prefix and a suffix in their name. Those name modifiers indicate that the properties on the item were chosen randomly from small pools of proprties. These items are a lot more likely to have useful combinations of item properties than typical random magic items.

And the ones that don't -- well, they can still produce Relic Fragments.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Think I'm gonna wait til this is on Origin before testing..don't feel like fighting 4563748634863 other ppl down in Shame on TC ;)

I'm really liking the look of this latest publish, thank you Pheonix for clarifying things a bit more regarding the new new item generator, it should be very interesting.

UOPlayer4LYFE

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Please don't ruin a good thing by making all of the worthwhile items cursed...

Also, this would be a great opportunity to revive PvP. Something should be added to Fel Shame only in order to bring about competition once again.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the reply, Phoenix!

Is the max imbuing intensity still 450 as these are all non-exceptionally crafted items? Any chance of boosting the cap to 500 for greater magic items and 550 for artifact quality items?

-OBSIDIAN-

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet! Wait...

Ahaha, can this garbage be broken down to get imbuing materials? You know, to make REAL equipment with?
Man I would hope unraveling applies according to weight even if there is less loot of a lower level as is implied. I enjoy the fact that unraveling made the "worthless" loot have some value.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Raven why don't you join Siege... no recall in dungeons :p

makes me laugh when you people request stuff that's been there for ages on siege...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so phase 2 of the clean up is next week??? okiess can wait a week i gueessss

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply, Phoenix!

Is the max imbuing intensity still 450 as these are all non-exceptionally crafted items? Any chance of boosting the cap to 500 for greater magic items and 550 for artifact quality items?

-OBSIDIAN-
Right now there are no changes to Imbuing in the works, but we do intend to re-evaluate those kinds of things, once we see how these new loot items shift balances around.

There is a way to get a new item in Shame that will remove Damage Increase from an exceptionally crafted weapon.

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to go ahead and plant the idea now of adding these randomized artifacts to the Gauntlet.
I wouldn't be surprised if something like that were to happen in the future. If the new loot system is fully successful, then it pretty much obviates the existing randomly generated items, and we'd phase them out over time.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Please don't ruin a good thing by making all of the worthwhile items cursed...
I don't think this will. It will give you a chance to get a lesser armor piece with just one or two desirable mods. A armor piece with just 5 HCI or a ring with MR3 for instance and then imbue it. This sounds like a great boon to suit customization when coupled with imbuing.

Maybe 5 SSI will be a possible mod that will drop. It would be nice to have other options for a dexxer than just a Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation or a Turquoise Ring.

Perfectionist

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
There are no new pre-designed artifacts added with this system. They are basically random artifacts. Most Greater Artifacts and above will be guaranteed to have both a prefix and a suffix in their name. Those name modifiers indicate that the properties on the item were chosen randomly from small pools of proprties. These items are a lot more likely to have useful combinations of item properties than typical random magic items.
It almost looks like you brought back the Pre-AoS naming conventions with a new twist......I LOVE IT. Better than seeing boring names for non-artifact items.... :)

K

Kayne

Devs I assume its unintended but the original strength Earth ellies with their original loot are still spawning

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you please tell us something along the lines of :

We have not currently been alloted the ressources to fix the major bugs, we apologise.

Just that and I'll be a happy camper. We can understand when something is impossible due to ressources, we're human.

Please ?!

thats it I'm going bad to bed...

K

Kayne

Devs since the Earth ellies are somewhat more difficult than they were previously is this a change to all earth ellies or only the ones contained in shame? Would hate for someone to be surprised by a stronger than expected earthy outside of shame

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Gets my pker ready to patrol fel shame dungeon*

This is.. interesting... i wish we could get a glimpse at possible high end items with this system. Are they better than val hammer made weaps... etc? I like the idea of disadvantages like using a rediculously powerful item, but its cursed..

hrmm...

PS... putting splintering weapon on weaps is a BAD IDEA.

I need to start farming gold again if i'm going to be super updating suits (if youi can get an imbuable lesser item with 5 hci, etc) rofl! what fun!

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Right now there are no changes to Imbuing in the works, but we do intend to re-evaluate those kinds of things, once we see how these new loot items shift balances around.

There is a way to get a new item in Shame that will remove Damage Increase from an exceptionally crafted weapon.
Don't do it! Item escalation has gone far enough! I really like that this new loot structure is rolling out into the dungeons (if it works well in testing).

Good work!

K

Kayne

Cetric take a look at the greater item i just posted above that should give some idea of the disadvantages (its not a cursed one either)

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many people dare to try it with just an apron like the challenge states?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Brittle = no PoF, correct?

So... Shouldn't they start with more than ****ing 25 durability? That's just far too low.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is is possible for the new system to give clothing items and talismans with greatly reduced mods?

Right now there is no low-to-middle alternative to the Crimson Cincture, Tangle, Conjurer's Robe, Lt's Sash, Conjurer's Trinket, for instance. It would be great to have the new loot system potentially drop a Robe with maybe a max imbuing intensity of 40 with 1 or 2 mods (and cannot be imbued further). This could be integrated into the lesser, greater, and artifact level system along with the potential curses to have some new clothing options. Just something to consider while the system is being tweaked.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About the bug fixes tho... Messana or Phoenix...

refilling a pot of egg-nog ? :eek:

Would it be possible please (I'm asking very politely) to confirm to us you have read the major bugs we've been talking about for the past 2 years and that you cannot fix them ?
Are you seriously saying that not being able to refil a pot of egg-nog is a major bug?

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't say it was over busy. But there's more people there than the half dozen hanging out at Yew gate.
I dig maps in Fel, for pinks. I work honesty in Fel.

Now excuse me while I switch back to my other monitor - cos my char's in Fel and I have to keep her safe.
^This^
Ive been training my noob in Fel. its sooo much better than tram and I accidentally got twice the resources. Oh Noes!!!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Gets my pker ready to patrol fel shame dungeon*
Shame will be added to my nightly T2A scout. I have a feeling some of the slower shards will have more action here than the busy shards.

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Brittle = no PoF, correct?

So... Shouldn't they start with more than ****ing 25 durability? That's just far too low.
No. One of the primary issues with the game right now is that stuff lasts forever. This is a really good idea. Besides, it's not on everything.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we have the percentage for the tram side please?
I think there was a slight miscommunication. The drop rates are the same. The difference with Felucca Shame is that items will have a slightly higher item property budget, and luck checks done for loot generation are given a significant bonus.
Can you please clarify whether and how the "slightly higher item property budget" and "significant bonus" on luck checks will apply on Siege and where/how they will apply on Mugen? There is no double resource bonus for gathering resources in Felucca on Siege, although the Arms Lore skill does provide better resists on Siege/Mugen than elsewhere. So I'm curious to see how you'll implement any so-called "Felucca advantage" on Siege and Mugen.