• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 73 Comes to Test Center

K

Kayne

New cave troll is in fact a purple ogre. Disappointed that there wasnt new artwork for the cave troll or the mud pie

Mud pie - or bogling

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't take any Screen shots of the loot but simply put....

With the new system it seems that ANY combination of current item properties is possible...

Splintering / Hit Fatigue
Casting Focus on Armor
Mana regen 3 on Armor / Sheilds / Weapons even.
I saw a 60% hit fireball club that WASN'T cursed heh...

etc.. Crazy customization possiblities.. the Best item I cam across was a lesser artifact which is basically a lvl 5 out of possible 8.

Oh.. and don't forget
Phoenix Said:
The system also has some astronomical odds of generating Major or Legendary Artifact items that don't have any disadvantages. But seriously, don't count on seeing very many at all. Seriously.
Heh I've seen many a Blaze Cu sooooo I'm just saying....... Time & Effort = King!

KingHen

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kayne,

Thank you for these posts, helps those of us not able to see it yet.

I am ok with the art for now. I just appreciate the reason to bring an old friend off of the shelf again... My lucky guy has been put away too long... I am interested to see the result of this, and ultimately the new loot system worldwide...

I wonder if this means Fel in Chessy won't be like a wasteland in Shame now? I could run through Fel in an apron most nights now.

K

Kayne

Kayne,

Thank you for these posts, helps those of us not able to see it yet.

I am ok with the art for now. I just appreciate the reason to bring an old friend off of the shelf again... My lucky guy has been put away too long... I am interested to see the result of this, and ultimately the new loot system worldwide...

I wonder if this means Fel in Chessy won't be like a wasteland in Shame now? I could run through Fel in an apron most nights now.
KingHen you are most welcome.

K

Kayne

To continue my screenshot wonderland here is the Guardian altar for shame Lvl 1

Another new mob - Stone elemental (another artwork disappointment)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No. One of the primary issues with the game right now is that stuff lasts forever. This is a really good idea. Besides, it's not on everything.
I understand that. But 25 on a weapon is too low. 75, maybe.

KingHen

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can do murder there, the bonuses apply.
Well there you go! Nice quick answer.

I don't think I have hit F5 on my keyboard this much since waiting for my shared drives to come up after the last hurricane, let alone my poor SQL database :/

K

Kayne

Another new mob the Clay Golem

EDIT - and the mud ele another artwork disappointment

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Barding Masteries:

PvM Damage is now a chance to interrupt based on damage amount

English nightmare...(Sorry my Mother is an English major, this sentence made my head hurt lol)

PvM Damage now has a chance to be interrupted based on damage amount...

This means what? The more damage WE take the higher chance we can be interrupted?

Color me confused, I'm still playing around with Barding masteries so this is slightly confusing to me.

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I understand that. But 25 on a weapon is too low. 75, maybe.
50 is my final offer! ;) Remember, it's in test right now. Feedback to the Devs on this being too low would be valuable right now.

If you can get others to agree, then it might just change! Personally, I don't have a problem with 25, especially since you can repair it still, just not fortify it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC Terrain Texture Updates
Some terrain types in the EC client have been updated for scaling and to improve overall detail.
The difference is visible, but actually do not involve the house tiles that are the ones which really needs the update so we'll see when they are available... :p

Like every patch you have to break something... so now the Virtue gump on EC do not shows anything... at least it uses to show the virtue name, now returns blank string -.-

K

Kayne

Thanks Grimm, much appreciated that you responded. Shame I'd love to see what you would put together for some of these

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We're running at capacity at the moment so we don't have any resources to devote to new creatures.

Not at the moment, sorry!

-Grimm
It's ok Grimm, we understand. I was just very VERY happy you got to play with Killer Pumpkins :) Those are way cool.

Anyone around the office can help me with the barding mastery thing? That one sentence:

PvM Damage is now a chance to interrupt based on damage amount

What exactly does that mean?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The slightly beefier earth elementals in shame apply to shame only. The other ones haven't been touched, -yet-.

For bard mastery interruption, the interrupt used to be a threshold, whereby if you took more than a set amount of damage you were interrupted.

Now the chance of interruption is proportional to how much damage you received.
So the harder you are hit, the more likely you are to get interrupted.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The slightly beefier earth elementals in shame apply to shame only. The other ones haven't been touched, -yet-.
I for one am loving all this its like a whole new uo for me atm lol have not died yet but i am trying hard

K

Kayne

Thanks Logrus. Awesome communication from the devs this evening - keep it up. :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Uh oh..he said -yet-

*ducks*

Nice to see some of the smaller forgotten mobs getting some love, though I hope you don't mess with them completely, Earth Ellies and Ettins are what I train all my new chars on, still do to this day so leave some of them alone will ya? ;)

Still waiting until this is on Origin though but thank you Kayne for the updates :)

K

Kayne

Most welcome larisa - still say you should come die with me and check it out :p

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL come die with you huh?

Well..I suppose I could do that...it looks really fun :)

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The mud pies and earth ellies should still provide a good training ground for your new characters.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The mud pies and earth ellies should still provide a good training ground for your new characters.
They better...remember I always have my trusty little black bag with me ;)

Thank you so much for taking the time to post for us, though I do want to test the other things that come with this publish as well, it's been awhile since I've been to Shame, nice improvements as always :)

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the team deserves a huge and welcoming applause. This is a wonderful and well thought idea and has limitless possibilities IMO. It knocks out all of the cons of recent item obtainability. They allowed a method of getting items with non-imbuable mods that are imbuable for the most part and allowed a limitless combination of artifact-like items without having to add "clones" of what we see in Doom and SA (how many ornies are there in game?). All while invigorating old and hardly visited areas and bringing back a reason to fight unattractive monsters that no one cares for (earth eles anyone?). Again thanks for the implemention. It couldn't have arrived at a better time. And the arenas was a great and easy idea to implement as well. :)

P.S. For all the graphic naysayers- how abouts you go design some new monsters, maybe just one and then complain about the graphics. To me, I evaluate an addition kind of like I evaluate a woman. There are 3 things that make it perfect. First, you have the milkshake. Second, you have the whip cream. Third, the cherry on top.

Without the milkshake, you just have something that's sweet and appealing but really doesn't give you anything worth while. I'd take a milkshake without whip cream and a cherry any day over a glass full of whip cream and a cherry.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of this stuff sounds absolutely awsome! Way to go Devs!

KingHen

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the team deserves a huge and welcoming applause. This is a wonderful and well thought idea and has limitless possibilities IMO. It knocks out all of the cons of recent item obtainability. They allowed a method of getting items with non-imbuable mods that are imbuable for the most part and allowed a limitless combination of artifact-like items without having to add "clones" of what we see in Doom and SA (how many ornies are there in game?). All while invigorating old and hardly visited areas and bringing back a reason to fight unattractive monsters that no one cares for (earth eles anyone?). Again thanks for the implemention. It couldn't have arrived at a better time. And the arenas was a great and easy idea to implement as well. :)

P.S. For all the graphic naysayers- how abouts you go design some new monsters, maybe just one and then complain about the graphics. To me, I evaluate an addition kind of like I evaluate a woman. There are 3 things that make it perfect. First, you have the milkshake. Second, you have the whip cream. Third, the cherry on top.

Without the milkshake, you just have something that's sweet and appealing but really doesn't give you anything worth while. I'd take a milkshake without whip cream and a cherry any day over a glass full of whip cream and a cherry.
/signage

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alchemy/Enhancement Potions

Alchemy will now provide a similar functionality to enhance potions as magic resist does to base resistances.
Combined Enhanced Potions Effect will remain as Alchemy / 3.3 + Enhace Potions = (30 + 75)
Minimum Enhance potions effect = Alchemy / 2.0 ( 0-50%)

Are you just explaining how it is? Nothing's changing?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The minimum EP effect is new. The old calculation is unchanged.

So 100 Alchemy will give you 50 EP minimum regardless of if you have EP on equipment or not.

If you already have 50EP on your equipment, you'll be at 80 EP total.

Only 33% of you EP is factored for the combined equipment and alchemy total, but you get the better of Alchemy/2 OR Alchemy /3.3 + EP stat.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame is in both Fel and Tram, the only difference is the items from the elites is 100% drop in Fel and Tram has a lower percentage drop rate.

Mesanna
Favoring Fel is a bad, bad idea, for reasons you all really should already know about and have been gone over many times.

Overall, looks good and very nice to see.

-Galen's player

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so can any of this new stuff be enhanced with wood,ingots.... or just imbued?

K

Kayne

Here we go another round of lesser/greater magic items and lesser arties

C

clarkifer

Props to the devs!!!!! plain and simple!!! Way to be sneaky with this!!! Graphics?! I love the way the CC is, I personally say don't change it!!!!

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
second new arti

***Image of Gargoyle Stuff Deleted***
Kayne, are you playing a Gargoyle? Is that why all your posts have Gargoyle equipment in them? Just wondering, because if there is a significant amount of Gargoyle equipment dropping, is it in proportion to the amount of players who are actually playing the race? Have you seen any Elven stuff?

*********Well, there you go! You were posting the same time I was!

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As a side note to the Devs: Excellent work on this roll out so far. I just wanted to bring to your attention the fact that the posting you have done just today has made the players here very happy. Perhaps you could continue?

We like you, we really do!:)

K

Kayne

Ned no im not a garg im an elf. Just thats the drops im getting. Check the latest round there were more non garg stuff

EDIT to your edit :D see you should have known there were more screenshots coming from me

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a 2d client player, I for one do not at all mind the thought of never having new graphics in the client; I'm perfectly content with placeholder art from here on out, as long as we can access the content.

In fact I'd specifically advise you to focus on the EC as far as graphics and artwork goes, especially for creatures.

(I guess new deco items, like the bonus backs we could buy some time ago, often have to have new art in both.)

-Galen's player

K

Kayne

Galen I dont think there would have been anything wrong with new artwork on these new mobs. The killer pumpkin looked great in 2D so its not like it isnt possible.

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As a 2d client player, I for one do not at all mind the thought of never having new graphics in the client; I'm perfectly content with placeholder art from here on out, as long as we can access the content.

In fact I'd specifically advise you to focus on the EC as far as graphics and artwork goes, especially for creatures.

(I guess new deco items, like the bonus backs we could buy some time ago, often have to have new art in both.)

-Galen's player

I fully agree with this! Focus all art/graphics updates on the new client and get that thing out of Beta and into full production. I don't know that I have ever seen a program in beta that long.... ever. I know you guys can do it! Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust! :)

Yes, I watch too many Tinkerbell movies, but my daughter won't watch anything else! Sigh....

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Galen I dont think there would have been anything wrong with new artwork on these new mobs. The killer pumpkin looked great in 2D so its not like it isnt possible.
I know it's possible, I mean I'd rather spend the development time on the Enhanced Client.

I'm content with having the content without the new art.

Alas I don't think there's new 3d art in here either.

-Galen's player