• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ultima Online: New Legacy

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was so OMG cool idea, im so gonna join it, but then i read server located in US...fck that ****, not gonna play with ping 100++ so not worth my time.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
First time in a year I checked UO news. Saw this and initially excited, I figured they’d gotten their head around doing classic like WoW.
By the time I finished reading I chuckled. Maybe 5 years from now.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What's even more sad... The Tech industry is starting to abandon Skype, Microsoft is dropping the online version of Skype for Business next year. The Dev's are WAY behind the times on that.
Aaaannnnddddd that surprises you?

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Four words

New account management system

Still waiting

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PVP if it setup where only members of VvV can do it.

At the end of the year when they decide to start new we have to move chars over. Can we keep them there.?

Don't think there will be many keeps and castles there. Who is going to want a keep or castle if its just deleted.

I toke 6 months to make my 18x18 nice looking . But whats the point if it gets deleted. I will be one of the empty plots where I just throw my soon to be deleted stuff at.

Sounds more like a EJ playground to me.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah I get that but the world will be full of PvPers... :oops:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Possibly..But one will not have to participate in PVP, unless they like that. It will be a fresh new UO-style world. :violin:
Really because I don't know how many times people have been pulled into VvV when they didn't want to be... So I'm pretty sure that the PVPers will find a way to circumvent anything in place on this shard to "trick" people into being attackable...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really because I don't know how many times people have been pulled into VvV when they didn't want to be... So I'm pretty sure that the PVPers will find a way to circumvent anything in place on this shard to "trick" people into being attackable...
Being tricked in a video game shouldn't be a big deal to anyone. You learn from it, chuckle and move on. I still laugh thinking about that random guy that other game coming up to me saying "kill me". Well, little did I know about rules of engagement. In the end it wasn't him who got killed ;) Never happended again, but was fun though.

Plus I don't believe the new server will be a hype at all. They already said they are not going to do anything against the top level cheaters. So it will be the same BS as on prodo. And on prodo it's the worst PvP experience out of all the games I play with PvP rulesets. There's obviously some decent people too, just I didn't find them to be the norm.

I also think chances are high that they will slowly decide to cut more and more corners until we end up with basically just another new prodo shard that doesnt have transfers and gets wiped once in a while. Will be enough to keep people subbed and I don't think they have any ambition beyond that.

Last edited:

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So...
Once again it seems like it's really hard to listen to your player base.
I'd really like to return, but unfortunately I don't like pretty much anything that happened after T2A.
I LOVED UO Renaissance, Trammel (hate PvP and PKs) and everything else the way it was back then. Then came AoS and all the crafting BS, neon items, luck, etc.

Players: We want a server with Pre-Trammel/T2A/etc ruleset. We want our nostalgia served right!
UO Team: NO! Now here's something else you didn't ask for!
Players: Meh, not what we wanted --> Proceed to ignore new content / leave / move to free illegal shards / etc...
UO Team:

I'd really love to be able to return to this game and it's community.
I've never seen a community like this one anywhere else...EVER!

Last edited:

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
“Crafting bs”
What do you mean? What’s wrong with crafting?

neon items
Items that do a large amount of elemental damage are a different color. What’s so bad about that?

luck
You can choose to care about it or not. Doesn’t seem to matter tbh

Not sure why returning would be so bad. I don’t regret it at all.

@Theron

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So...
Once again it seems like it's really hard to listen to your player base.
I'd really like to return, but unfortunately I don't like pretty much anything that happened after T2A.
I LOVED UO Renaissance, Trammel (hate PvP and PKs) and everything else the way it was back then. Then came AoS and all the crafting BS, neon items, luck, etc.

Players: We want a server with Pre-Trammel/T2A/etc ruleset. We want our nostalgia served right!
UO Team: NO! Now here's something else you didn't ask for!
Players: Meh, not what we wanted --> Proceed to ignore new content / leave / move to free illegal shards / etc...
UO Team:

I'd really love to be able to return to this game and it's community.
I've never seen a community like this one anywhere else...EVER!
Don't bother the community that you loved is LONG gone...

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
It still exist in a smaller scale. Some of us run around with 3-4 old friends. Sometimes help a new or returning player. The trust level in the game has decreased over the years as well as the eagerness for many to meet new people. I hang around in help chat most days answering what I can.

To be negative to someone who loved the community of the game is foolish. To tell someone who wishes to come back and be a part of it and possibly strengthen community in the game is even more so.

Come back if you wish just be yourself, a lot of us like to chat while we play and help how we can in our allotted play time. It is not the same game it was 10 - 15 years ago but none of us are just the same given that amount of time. If you come back many are very welcoming and helpful. It is a game many play their own way, which is one of the things I enjoy not having to play in a way others think if should to fit their ideals, and just have fun....

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess this is as close to "Pre-Trammel" the game is gonna get. It's a new shard with a completely new rule set. I think after a bit they'll create servers for Asia and Europe. I guess there might not be insurance so being a thief could mean something again.....

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess this is as close to "Pre-Trammel" the game is gonna get. It's a new shard with a completely new rule set. I think after a bit they'll create servers for Asia and Europe. I guess there might not be insurance so being a thief could mean something again.....
All of your ideas could be in there or none of them. After a year of planning, we don't know because they have shared zero details with the community other than an extremely high level to the point it's obvious they have no plan or roadmap. The level of communication out of this team is atrocious; I really can't think of a studio that's done a worse job on the communication front.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
All of your ideas could be in there or none of them. After a year of planning, we don't know because they have shared zero details with the community other than an extremely high level to the point it's obvious they have no plan or roadmap. The level of communication out of this team is atrocious; I really can't think of a studio that's done a worse job on the communication front.
100%

I've spent a good part of my professional career working on project teams (or projects) in some way/shape/form and the lack of communication from this Dev team to the player base (ie their stakeholders) is crazy. This would never fly at any of the places I've worked. The QA "lead" would have been lost that title years ago with as many bugs get into production; I get the QA team is small but even bugs that have been brought up on TC1 ahead of release have somehow made it into production... that's pretty bad.

I think "the big announcement" was when I lost all faith in the Dev team from a project standpoint. They built up as much suspense as they could for March and then just went silent for like 3-4 months. They lost a lot of the buzz. Then they actually make the announcement and the video was basically just a 2min trailer of some older looking UO stuff.... and that took them 3+ months to do? It was also pretty awkward to watch and was very obvious to me that, aside from Kyronix, everyone was either unprepared for the presentation or just incompetent *cough* Mesanna *cough*.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
@Keven2002 You are not wrong on this.

*as he walks past the group of bank sitters chewing the fat*

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah the speeches should have been prepared, rehearsed, ready to go. The whole thing had the feel of someone walking in at 8am and saying let's have a presentation at 9. LOL
After all that time in darkness supposedly working on this, there was very little work in evidence. Which, if I were Rob Denton, I would be over there asking just what they hell they did for that paycheck all those months.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
100%

I've spent a good part of my professional career working on project teams (or projects) in some way/shape/form and the lack of communication from this Dev team to the player base (ie their stakeholders) is crazy. This would never fly at any of the places I've worked. The QA "lead" would have been lost that title years ago with as many bugs get into production; I get the QA team is small but even bugs that have been brought up on TC1 ahead of release have somehow made it into production... that's pretty bad.

I think "the big announcement" was when I lost all faith in the Dev team from a project standpoint. They built up as much suspense as they could for March and then just went silent for like 3-4 months. They lost a lot of the buzz. Then they actually make the announcement and the video was basically just a 2min trailer of some older looking UO stuff.... and that took them 3+ months to do? It was also pretty awkward to watch and was very obvious to me that, aside from Kyronix, everyone was either unprepared for the presentation or just incompetent *cough* Mesanna *cough*.
I’m like you, I’ve been involved in project management for a long time. It is obvious that the have no one doing project management. Though one could argue this is more product or program management, but it’s moot because they’re not doing that either.

I’m not saying there needs to be weekly status reports or detailed description of the requirements they’ve identified as that’d unreasonable and counter productive. However, there should be a project plan by this time and a rough roadmap of time lines that they should have shared. Right now on any project I over see I can tell you what the project goals are, a rough idea of how we’re going to do it, and when I expect to be able to demo key functionality. If they can’t do that then Broadsword made a serious mistake in staffing and expectations.