• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.

NEWS [UO.Com] Ultima Online: New Legacy

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was so OMG cool idea, im so gonna join it, but then i read server located in US...fck that ****, not gonna play with ping 100++ so not worth my time.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
First time in a year I checked UO news. Saw this and initially excited, I figured they’d gotten their head around doing classic like WoW.
By the time I finished reading I chuckled. Maybe 5 years from now.

Spartan

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
What's even more sad... The Tech industry is starting to abandon Skype, Microsoft is dropping the online version of Skype for Business next year. The Dev's are WAY behind the times on that.
Aaaannnnddddd that surprises you?

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Four words

New account management system

Still waiting

Danpal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PVP if it setup where only members of VvV can do it.

At the end of the year when they decide to start new we have to move chars over. Can we keep them there.?

Don't think there will be many keeps and castles there. Who is going to want a keep or castle if its just deleted.

I toke 6 months to make my 18x18 nice looking . But whats the point if it gets deleted. I will be one of the empty plots where I just throw my soon to be deleted stuff at.

Sounds more like a EJ playground to me.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Possibly..But one will not have to participate in PVP, unless they like that. It will be a fresh new UO-style world. :violin:
Really because I don't know how many times people have been pulled into VvV when they didn't want to be... So I'm pretty sure that the PVPers will find a way to circumvent anything in place on this shard to "trick" people into being attackable...

petemage

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Really because I don't know how many times people have been pulled into VvV when they didn't want to be... So I'm pretty sure that the PVPers will find a way to circumvent anything in place on this shard to "trick" people into being attackable...
Being tricked in a video game shouldn't be a big deal to anyone. You learn from it, chuckle and move on. I still laugh thinking about that random guy that other game coming up to me saying "kill me". Well, little did I know about rules of engagement. In the end it wasn't him who got killed ;) Never happended again, but was fun though.

Plus I don't believe the new server will be a hype at all. They already said they are not going to do anything against the top level cheaters. So it will be the same BS as on prodo. And on prodo it's the worst PvP experience out of all the games I play with PvP rulesets. There's obviously some decent people too, just I didn't find them to be the norm.

I also think chances are high that they will slowly decide to cut more and more corners until we end up with basically just another new prodo shard that doesnt have transfers and gets wiped once in a while. Will be enough to keep people subbed and I don't think they have any ambition beyond that.

Last edited: