• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Turning off Housing Decay for the Month of September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It gives them an additional month to deal with their individual tragedies....
And again that could have been done at anytime within 90 days and achieved the same thing and given everyone else a little warning.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And again that could have been done at anytime within 90 days and achieved the same thing and given everyone else a little warning.
Perhaps, but your statement that I am disproving is that the change ONLY helps the 90 day crowd.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps, but your statement that I am disproving is that the change ONLY helps the 90 day crowd.
LOL you are disproving nothing. Turning it off now with no warning does benefit the 90 day free loaders. If you had actually read what I wrote, Which is quite accurate and true IT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE ANYTIME IN THE NEXT 90 DAYS AND ACHIEVED THE SAME THING AND GIVEN EVERYONE ELSE A LITTLE WARNING.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL you are disproving nothing. Turning it off now with no warning does benefit the 90 day free loaders. If you had actually read what I wrote, Which is quite accurate and true IT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE ANYTIME IN THE NEXT 90 DAYS AND ACHIEVED THE SAME THING AND GIVEN EVERYONE ELSE A LITTLE WARNING.
You're just ignoring what others are explaining now to throw down bait.
:troll:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually its called empathy. Something that is sadly lacking this day and age.
Empathy has never fixed anything, healed anyone, or helped anyone. It is nothing more than Symbolism and it is in abundance now days....... "I am not actually going to do anything to help, but I felt for people and talked about the problems............ so I did something...... I empathized"

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're just ignoring what others are explaining now to throw down bait.
:troll:
Nope if you read what the lol experts that understand the mechanics have been saying........... they are saying the same thing but calling it something different.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
90 day free loaders
Based on daily population vs the number of houses in game, I am pretty sure those "free loaders" are keeping the game afloat. UO makes thousands of dollars off of 90 day accounts plus the active accounts for those players.

However this thread is about helping the people who are displaced and their lives disrupted. Turning off the entire system helps them as everything is turned off, not just decay giving them extra time to get their affairs and lives in order without having to worry about UO. So what if it helps the 90 day accounts? Should Broadsword say who cares about those who lost their homes and stuff because it will benefit 90 day accounts as well? Would you feel the same way if you were one of those whose lives and homes were affected? They turned off the entire system and sure it disrupts those not affected but I for one am fine with not being able to place or customize a house so that those affected don't have to worry. Losing RL home & belongings > not being able to place, transfer, or customize UO houses.

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not doing much getting in game and escaping the real world on accounts that are active 1 month out of four are you
Nope @Tyrath I have 1 active account I always play and if you have pen & paper 90 day system isn't much of a gamble as you can look and see when account deactivates add 90 days & Bingo you have your date of decay ... but I applaud your grandstanding :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader: yea You got lots of money:thumbsup:....I could go on & on but like I said before :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on daily population vs the number of houses in game, I am pretty sure those "free loaders" are keeping the game afloat. UO makes thousands of dollars off of 90 day accounts plus the active accounts for those players.

However this thread is about helping the people who are displaced and their lives disrupted. Turning off the entire system helps them as everything is turned off, not just decay giving them extra time to get their affairs and lives in order without having to worry about UO. So what if it helps the 90 day accounts? Should Broadsword say who cares about those who lost their homes and stuff because it will benefit 90 day accounts as well? Would you feel the same way if you were one of those whose lives and homes were affected? They turned off the entire system and sure it disrupts those not affected but I for one am fine with not being able to place or customize a house so that those affected don't have to worry. Losing RL home & belongings > not being able to place, transfer, or customize UO houses.
And yet again the same thing could have been accomplished in a week, A month, two months. Seriously WTF is wrong with most of you here that can't grasp this concept. What is wrong with OH say we are going to turn all housing features off in 7 days , or three days or 48 hours or even 24 hours? Unless it was specifically for a handful of the free loaders, and yes paying 1 out of four months to plug housing locations up is gaming the system and freeloading, just because it is allowed does not make it right. I am fine with it to if there was some warning and since it didn't have to disrupt everyone else to achieve the same end for the majority.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope @Tyrath I have 1 active account I always play and if you have pen & paper 90 day system isn't much of a gamble as you can look and see when account deactivates add 90 days & Bingo you have your date of decay ... but I applaud your grandstanding :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader: yea You got lots of money:thumbsup:....I could go on & on but like I said before :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:
Very much a gamble when a RL event disrupts you free ride.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And yet again the same thing could have been accomplished in a week, A month, two months. Seriously WTF is wrong with most of you here that can't grasp this concept. What is wrong with OH say we are going to turn all housing features off in 7 days , or three days or 48 hours or even 24 hours? Unless it was specifically for a handful of the free loaders, and yes paying 1 out of four months to plug housing locations up is gaming the system and freeloading, just because it is allowed does not make it right. I am fine with it to if there was some warning and since it didn't have to disrupt everyone else to achieve the same end for the majority.

Suppose they gave notice 2 days in advance, how would that have helped you? Seriously why is everything always about the 90 day housing thing? So what? People pay 4 times a year to have an extra house. Why is that so bad and why ruin a thread about something else? We have a section called spiels and rants. I will link it for you. Spiels and Rants Now you can post about how much you hate the 90 day housing thing there. Please post there and let this thread go back to the people that appreciate what Broadsword did for those affected.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Suppose they gave notice 2 days in advance, how would that have helped you?
Me specifically wouldn't have made a difference one way or the other. People that returned, or subbed to place a house hurts quite a bit. As to the so they pay 1/4 of a sub to have a extra house..... Ummm don't you mean 50-70 extra house? And thank you very much for pointing out the spiels and rants even though I have done neither and have made valid points. I will let you all get back to your big emo group hug with warm fuzzies so you can feel really good about making a difference LOL

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I will let you all get back to your big emo group hug with warm fuzzies so you can feel really good about making a difference LOL
Wow, I never accused you of anything and didnt have to stoop to comments like this. I am sorry to have hurt your feelings by stating my opinion. This is why I rarely post in Uhall, so many people get upset when someone has a differing opinion and has to try and lump them into some derogatory group. I commend you on a job well done. This is just for you bud :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:!

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I feel 30 days is not even remotely close to enough time it should have been more like 90 days minimum if not longer

Those people lost everything including there computers, last thing they are going to spend money on is a game when they don't even have a home to live in.

Unbelievable how a few here are having a problem with a 30 day hold on UO housing hell its TEN BUCKS those people in Texas lost everything

I thought stratics hard rules about community building here maybe I'm wrong I'm glad most people here are good people

Revenant

Visitor
Unbelievable how a few here are having a problem with a 30 day hold on UO housing hell its TEN BUCKS those people in Texas lost everything
I think you're conflating unconnected things, which is the same reason I don't like this housing freeze. Sure, turn off housing decay for a month. Awesome idea. Better yet, three months.

But why have they gotta turn off housing resizing, housing placement and customization at the same time?

This takes away one of peoples' favorite parts of the game right on the 20th anniversary when people might be dipping their toes in again. Guaranteed there are going to be people who return, see they can't place a house again, and quit over JUST THAT.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know this was done with good intentions, but in reality it wont resolve any issues for those affected. Do you know that after Katrina people lived in make shift camps up to 2 years afterwards before they could go home??! If they wanted to really help save these peoples houses in game, it should at minimum be 6 months with no idocs. But idocers wouldn't want that cause it helps them pay for their 60 accounts to keep screwing the good players of UO. I know I didn't get any help after sandy ripped through my neighborhood, I was without power and heat while it was 38 degrees outside for 8 days. There is wildfires every year in California, the tsunami in japan, many other thing that happen. Where was this concern then?? Im surprised this isn't considered political conversation on here.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm all for helping people by turning it off, but to pretend that it's protecting houses for the next month is silly, it's not. Every house today that has its owner lose power, is fully protected for the next 3 months against the worst scenarios without the need for turning off house decay.
Is it? What about an account that was 60+ days into the 90-day cycle, lost power due to Harvey and will not be back online for another month or more because of the lack of power, water in their house, etc?

By shutting things off for a month gives all accounts the ability to get back on their RL feet somewhat before things go to blazes.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, one of the few things the team does right and you *******s are crying about being inconvenienced a little on a video game.

You are the types that make me lose faith in humanity.
Read it through it again...... Nope can't find where anyone is saying it is wrong, just the timing and lack of warning is wrong.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Read it through it again...... Nope can't find where anyone is saying it is wrong, just the timing and lack of warning is wrong.
I think you should read through the thread again.

And timing? Lol wtf do you expect?

They were hit with a hurricane.

Lmao, " timing"get this guy. Excuse me hurricane, could you wait? We have people who want to place imaginary houses on our video game. K thanks!

Who cares if they announced it when they did.

It's a month, get over yourself.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you should read through the thread again.

And timing? Lol wtf do you expect?

They were hit with a hurricane.

Lmao, " timing"get this guy. Excuse me hurricane, could you wait? We have people who want to place imaginary houses on our video game. K thanks!

Who cares if they announced it when they did.

It's a month, get over yourself.
You don't read so well do you :( or are just putting your own spin on things........... As always.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't think anyone begrudges people this month free of IDOCs I think what is perplexing some people is that it's only a month. Also it would have been nice if they could have just stopped house decay and left other housing features working. I assume that wasn't possible, so it is what it is.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it? What about an account that was 60+ days into the 90-day cycle, lost power due to Harvey and will not be back online for another month or more because of the lack of power, water in their house, etc?

By shutting things off for a month gives all accounts the ability to get back on their RL feet somewhat before things go to blazes.
Your argument is for helping people that are already playing the 90 day Russian Roulette game.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You don't read so well do you :( or are just putting your own spin on things........... As always.
Then you are clearly blind, as i even quoted one of them in a previous post.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK TIME OUT!

30 days is not gunna kill you.
Hell didnt freeze, the sky didn't fall, and you and your family didn't die.
To the guy who was asking how to get his money back ...suck it up jr 12.99 is not gunna break the bank. Heck you pay more for a pizza ! :lame:

So stop the Dramatics
:facepalm:

Real Life counts more then this game in my book .....
I have told players from day one.
Real life comes first, this game is Dead Last.
It is pixels. and time.

More and more we tend to forget others have family and friends in these areas.
UO will still be there by Oct 1st.
The Dev did a good thing.

Dig your nose out of Stratics for just a few minutes and look at what Harvey did... now turn the channel to the weather...IRMA is set to do in Florida in a few days.
Right behind her is another and in the gulf is more......

Did you forget what sandy did or Katrina ????

We tend to forget there is a real world out there from UO.... filled with danger. its worth the months charge to let others have peace of mind.
So slow down smell the coffee and sit back enjoy UO and wait.
Ranting and raving will not change it nor stop this storm from disrupting others.... IF your in Florida get ready .... Georgia too if it slips in the gulf... NOLA RUN...
I care.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It gives them an additional month to deal with their individual tragedies....
People all over the world suffer individual tragedies which are a severe hardship to them and can take months or years to get over. Many of them will be UO players. Does the housing system come to a halt for those people to? Would it all be paused if they emailed EA and told of their hardships? I think not, so why is an exception being made here other than everyone jumping on the bandwagon to appear generous and caring. They arent generous or caring to those other people with genuine individual tragedies.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My main issue with turning off the entire housing system is that it's unnecessary. There are plenty if examples of where they turned off only the decay. I don't see how the rest of the system is such a problem that it needs to be shut off as well.

One of my favourite parts of UO is house customization, and it also affects rp (at least many of those I play with) as many of our story lines benefit from the ability to customize houses to suit our needs.

Shutting off the customization for 30 days means we either have to put our stories on hold for a month (inconvenient and awkward to maintain importance when nothing is progressing), or try to improvise, which depending on what was planned, can have a negative impact on the story.

Yes, I feel bad for those that lost so much, but in the end, this is still a poorly thought out attempt to show that they care. Those affected by the hurricane are a small number compared to those that they're screwing over by knee jerking and shutting off the entire system without warning.

Bucs Den Inc.

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
OK TIME OUT!

To the guy who was asking how to get his money back ...suck it up jr 12.99 is not gunna break the bank. Heck you pay more for a pizza ! :lame:

So stop the Dramatics

It is pixels. and time.

Dig your nose out of Stratics for just a few minutes and look at what Harvey did... now turn the channel to the weather...IRMA is set to do in Florida in a few days.

We tend to forget there is a real world out there from UO.... filled with danger. its worth the months charge to let others have peace of mind.
Ranting and raving will not change it nor stop this storm from disrupting others.... IF your in Florida get ready .... Georgia too if it slips in the gulf... NOLA RUN...
I care.

MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY EEEEEEEEEYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
OK TIME OUT!

So stop the Dramatics

It is pixels. and time.

I care.

I generally disagree with you on many things, but this is dead on.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My main issue with turning off the entire housing system is that it's unnecessary. There are plenty if examples of where they turned off only the decay
I mean, Its not like broadsword to implement something without the slightest thought or regard as to what the consequences might be is it.
/end sarcasm

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People all over the world suffer individual tragedies which are a severe hardship to them and can take months or years to get over. Many of them will be UO players. Does the housing system come to a halt for those people to? Would it all be paused if they emailed EA and told of their hardships? I think not, so why is an exception being made here other than everyone jumping on the bandwagon to appear generous and caring. They arent generous or caring to those other people with genuine individual tragedies.
what exactly is the point of your post? You seem to be saying that the fact that there are needy people everywhere, and we cant possibly help them all, that we should help no one? It's like you are implying that since we are not helping people with genuine tragedies, (an rather large assumption on your part btw) and (evidently you are referring to people other than Hurricane Harvey folk) that they therefore should not help the hurricane Harvey folks?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again. With this mindset. Help everyone or help no one. What's worse it isn't limited to this game. I was taught that you should be happy that someone else got a break. I really have never understood this argument.

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The thing is.. I'm paying for this game.. my accounts are active and I'm paying for this service.. people all over the world are PAYING for this service... you call it inconvenience, i call it theft of services because I"M PAYING FOR THESE ABILITIES. if these people are going to lose a account in 30 days, their priorities should not be this game, the people who are Active and are paying for active accounts should be the games priority. if people in Texas cant fill up their cars with gas, I would not expect EXXON to say we are trying to help Texas by shutting down ALL OIL to the world for 30 days. excessive? perhaps but the point is.. the world is paying for this. It is not right by any means. a gesture? sure give the people a gesture, give them a month of free game codes in affected areas. wasn't any lets stop the world from turning when Pennsylvania was ravaged with tornadoes. or any other natural disasters anywhere else in the world. yeah you can go on with your kissing up and telling them its a great thing to punish the paying active players of the world, but the truth is it isn't.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay First thing.. TYRATH- I don't hate ya, ya know I love ya bro. I gave you a lifetime supply of UO Bacon! :) It is about helping people but its also about the "brand image". Besides all the programming classes my degree plan MAKES us take Management and Marketing classes. One of the tricks with a business is to keep "favor" with general public. WHY?!?!? The general public is where your customers and INVESTORS come from. Investors- those special people that WANT to put their MONEY in your business! Also throw in the fact that according to the "SCUTTLEBUTT" we are coming up for renewal. In business it's like Edgar said in Ella Enchanted: "Image is EVERYTHING!" Do you think Dell donated all that money to just help out? Its not that simple. I'm sure they want to help, but also when people go buy a new computer they will subconciously remember " oh hey Dell helped all those people displaced by Hurricane Harvey" . Guess which computer customers will likely pick because of favorable sentiment. ---DELL. The same thing applies to UO. It doesn't have the same impact if Mesanna waits 60, 90, or 120 days. It's called the politics of life or Here today, gone tomorrow. Now Tyrath, WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP BEATING THAT DAMN HORSE! It's bone meal already and my roses need it!

Second Thing- Why didn't they just turn of decay and leave the rest alone? Okay Decay, House Placement, Cutomization and resizing are all INTERCONNECTED systems.
Think of it like your car, while there are times where you need car running to find what is wrong. Do you REALLY want the car running while you change a tire? You COULD change the tire with car running the Engine has NOTHING to do with the tires. Okay the big : BUT if the car falls of the jack, or your pea-brain buddy decides to put the thing in gear AND steps on the gas. (yes these things are extremely improbable, they are not impossible.) The same goes for the Housing Code. Better to be safe than sorry. The LAST THING we'd want to happen is for Mr. BigShotRaresGuy to decide to resize his LUNA house, something glitches because one part of the housing code is turned off, and now he's without a house. Worse, his prized LUNA spot is now implaceable. Professor Layton's Programming 101 better to shut off the whole subroutine than one piece of code. Because if you turn it off in the wrong place...Oh PANCAKES! No I'm not calling our programmers stupid or inept. It's called the K I S S method of programming. K I S S = Keep It Simple Stupid!

James Krieg- I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you've never taken an Economics or Goverment course in your life? You example is REDICULOUS. First the US has only started Exporting Crude Oil in 2016 after a 40 YR BAN. Secondly The LARGEST US REFINERIES are located in. . . . . TEXAS. They shut down the refineries and drilling plaforms BEFORE THE HURRICANE! LOL Secondly if they stop selling oil to anyone else but Texas...The oil companies would be lining up to file chapter 11 or 13 bankruptcy. Incase you haven't filled up your car since Harvey gave Texas a "boot to coast" gas prices have JUMPED! I was paying $1.79 before Harvey, now I'm paying $2.39. The price of gas WILL continue to climb, because they are saying the Oil & Gas industry sustained BILLIONS of dollars of damage in Texas. Finally it hasn't been Exxon in YEARS, they were bought by Mobil. They're now known as ExxonMobil Corp.

To everyone else I apologize for the color coded WALL OF TEXT. I had to address these point and wanted to separate them some way.

*Disclaimer* the views expressed in this post are my own and may not represent the views of Mesanna, The Dev Team, Broadsword or EA.

Last edited:

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again. With this mindset. Help everyone or help no one. What's worse it isn't limited to this game. I was taught that you should be happy that someone else got a break. I really have never understood this argument.
Actually if theyre going to invoke special measures to help people in need then hell yes ... help everyone. People are all paying for the service. They should get an equal level of service. This whole thing smacks of BS bowing to pressure to 'do the right thing' as everyone is jumping on the PR bandwagon. Its shallow. If BS care that much then let then write a cheque for aid.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is about helping people but its also about the "brand image"
Laughable. UO no longer has a brand image worth saving. The very term 'UO' invokes ridicule by the vast majority of the gaming world. This is about political correctness and nothing else.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thread has gone long enough.

1. The gesture is appreciated by most. Thanks UO for at the very least trying to help some people.

2. Sure it would of been nice if the staff gave us 3 days of warning. But they didnt, they made a decision and stuck to it. (probably because they made the decision and then left for the holiday weekend)

3. If this decision helps just one person that lost everything in the flood of harvey, its worth it.

4. I Cant stand this staff, I cant stand the decisions they make, I have shut down my accounts because of it. Even I respect this decision on the base that "Its the thought that counts" I dont care if you dont like the decision. I dont care if the decision screwed you from being able to transfer a house or customize it. They made this decision based off the info they had and went with it. If you are out of something for a month so be it. Consider yourself lucky you only lost $14.00 and not everything.

5. Going on a tirade about their decision only makes you look like an ass. Regardless of your position on this if you are being adamant about how awful it is, you are making yourself look like an unforgiving POS. Regardless of you being right or wrong, the only thing left to do with this is to move on.

6. I dont agree with the decision, I dont think they thought about it very well. I think they could of helped better in other ways. I think their PR is the worst, I think they suck in understanding simple game concepts. However, again, there is nothing to be done. They made a decision to try and help the best way they thought was possible. Get over it.

You are still lving, breathing and typing. Be thankful of those three facts.

P.S.

This is a one time pass for the staff. I don think they thought this through but i really appreciate the effort and the balls to shut down the entire housing system for a month.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But heres the thing .... it took zero effort on their part. It was an ill thought out, rushed in solution with no thought whatsoever as to alternative better solutions or the potential impacts. Typical broadsword in fact.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
OK folks - we had to clean up a few posts here.

I understand there are strong feelings on both sides of this discussion and I've seen lots of good points made. However, let's please cool off the temperature level and tone down some of the personal attacks and insults both on other Stratics members and the developers.

There is no reason why this discussion can't move forward without hurling insults.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If there is one thing I've gotten from this thread... UO player base on this thread consists Briggs Myers F's and not T's.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On a side note if you live in the path of Irma it would probably be a good idea to pay your accounts up and then take a road trip to Central GA or Even visit TN for a bit :)
Yeah... we are pretty screwed here in Florida at the moment. It's not just Irma anymore... now there are three of them. Irma in the Carribbean, Jose in the Atlantic, and Katia forming in the Gulf of Mexico already... all aimed towards Florida, on both sides, which means nowhere in the entire state is safe from it.

It's also possible at least one of them will end up right back in Houston/New Orleans again too.

It's really strange, we haven't had any significant hurricanes in the area for years, yet now there are suddenly four in the same month.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah... we are pretty screwed here in Florida at the moment. It's not just Irma anymore... now there are three of them. Irma in the Carribbean, Jose in the Atlantic, and Katia forming in the Gulf of Mexico already... all aimed towards Florida, on both sides, which means nowhere in the entire state is safe from it.

It's also possible at least one of them will end up right back in Houston/New Orleans again too.

It's really strange, we haven't had any significant hurricanes in the area for years, yet now there are suddenly four in the same month.
A tall hill in TN or NC would be looking like a pretty good prospect ATM. Looking like this is going to be a very brutal hurricane season. Funny thing is my mom moved out of FL a good while back because of them, and about 80 miles NW of Houston, she was less than pleased with the 50 some inches of rain she got with Harvey.

Status
Not open for further replies.