• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Turning off Housing Decay for the Month of September

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its the 17th late in the evening.. you have 13 more days to go.
As you might imagine I again have something to point out....
There was flooding not too long before the Hurricane hit texas... in the east... big rain storms dropped massive amounts of water that made a mess.
Rivers over flowed their banks... and people were flooded out.. (Irma did it again too them too)

Then texas... they will be in hell for months to years to come... but like I was told Texans bounce.
This last time its IRMA ,,,, I don't want to even consider those poor people and what its going to take to get even their mail.

The US Post office has put their mail on hold. Some of the post offices are gone!
And it was not bad enough she did in Florida...she decided to help herself to other states and soak things there as well.

You are sitting at home in a cozy chair... had a hot supper and got TV on and will crawl in your bed tonight when your done.
A great deal of people are wondering where they can go back to even knowing where they can call home.. much less a hot meal.

The islands are wiped off the map... the british virgin islands cant even qualify for aid... the islands is called the rich islands so they don't qualify.
90% of those islanders are or were pay check to pay check... they needed the tourists who came to stay in their hotels and swim in their sea and spend their money.
Just think of all those people who paid for cruse ship tours for the Caribbean ....

As in Florida.. the Snowbirds who are due in every fall will have to stay up north... they may not have a winter home to go to... Grandma and pops will be home for the holidays kiddies...
Now that I have bent your ear...
You sit there and cry boo hoo
Mesanna didn't ask us she just did it...
We want it back we don't care we are selfish creatures who dont give a fig less about others and their loss...
That's what you sound like to me...
Not omg how can we help them....
Let me give you a tiny fact
This did help them
I wish we could do more

Go curl up with a good book or a hot cup of coffee and thank Mother Nature she didn't get pissed at you. She has a mean temper and takes little prisoners.
Climate Change is real kiddies... momma said so.
Please don't get me started on climate change. This earth has been here for 6 billion years, changing and rechanging, going through the celestial motions. Man , recorded man for that matter, has only been here for a few thousand years of those 6 billion.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Please stay on topic.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The hold gives them an additional 30 days to tend to their hardships as apposed to the couple of days IDOC takes.
Not true. Harvey victims get 30 days. Irma victims will only receive 19 days.

I have pointed this out numerous times and nobody thinks It's slightly unfair? It's been a week and not even a "thinking of you" on uo.com.

As opposed to this virtual charity as I am, it still should be fair for all, equally and globally.

Was Irma not strong enough?

Are there less subs than in Harvey areas?

Or did they totally screw up the housing code with the giveaway grandfathered houses and use a disaster to save face? This would explain why every aspect of housing was shut off.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Please don't get me started on climate change. This earth has been here for 6 billion years, changing and rechanging, going through the celestial motions. Man , recorded man for that matter, has only been here for a few thousand years of those 6 billion.
Through many scientific advancements we are able to track significant changes in the past, and present to predict outcomes. It would be naive to stick your head in the sand and say it isn't changing.

The sky isn't falling but there is much more to it than "well the earth has been here this long".

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not true. Harvey victims get 30 days. Irma victims will only receive 19 days.

I have pointed this out numerous times and nobody thinks It's slightly unfair? It's been a week and not even a "thinking of you" on uo.com.

As opposed to this virtual charity as I am, it still should be fair for all, equally and globally.

Was Irma not strong enough?

Are there less subs than in Harvey areas?

Or did they totally screw up the housing code with the giveaway grandfathered houses and use a disaster to save face? This would explain why every aspect of housing was shut off.
Are you advocating for an extension?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you advocating for an extension?
Wouldn't it ONLY be the fair and right thing to do? I've stated several times on this thread that by starting this they must now provide equally for every disaster. Get an idea why I didn't like starting this to begin with?

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Using and abusing are two different things. You don't know what position they're in.

It's no excuse to throw a tantrum when they shut down a games housing for a month.

At least, I wouldn't expect it from any rational person.
you are wrong, there are no 2 positions.

you have to pay on monthy base for playing, this allow you one house (+1 on TC / +1 on siege/mugen)
IF you dont pay for WHATEVER reason, your house will fall down around 95 days later which is the grace persiod BS gives you to deal with your issue.

if you play this 85 days / 1 month pay / 85 days and so on game you are abusing the failsave, which means your house fall. thats the way the system is designed in the service we receive for our money.

and even if you dont want to hear it, a storm, a avalange, a earthquake, if you forgot to shutdown the oven is a local and personal issue which do not involve the whole world, such Events happen everywhere around the globe not only in Texas or Florida and as the climate gets warmer every year you will have this **** more often.

if BS wants to change their service to provide more support for people having a really bad time thats fine BUT then this has to be announced far upfront and for a world wide scope with a fix description WHEN a "event" is "bad enough" that it falls under this new regulations.

NOTE: i dont want to offend any of the affected persons, we are talking about the change of BS

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
you are wrong, there are no 2 positions.

you have to pay on monthy base for playing, this allow you one house (+1 on TC / +1 on siege/mugen)
IF you dont pay for WHATEVER reason, your house will fall down around 95 days later which is the grace persiod BS gives you to deal with your issue.

if you play this 85 days / 1 month pay / 85 days and so on game you are abusing the failsave, which means your house fall. thats the way the system is designed in the service we receive for our money.

and even if you dont want to hear it, a storm, a avalange, a earthquake, if you forgot to shutdown the oven is a local and personal issue which do not involve the whole world, such Events happen everywhere around the globe not only in Texas or Florida and as the climate gets warmer every year you will have this **** more often.

if BS wants to change their service to provide more support for people having a really bad time thats fine BUT then this has to be announced far upfront and for a world wide scope with a fix description WHEN a "event" is "bad enough" that it falls under this new regulations.

NOTE: i dont want to offend any of the affected persons, we are talking about the change of BS
That is merely your opinion.

You don't have to support their decision, but you do have to live with it.

Have a good one.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
09E984D8-BC07-4F73-AA33-CCD510319D38-1699-000004A90010FC03.jpeg

All I see there in those is this, thick cut bacon pulled pork and pig belly leadbelly's BBQ yum :)

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We al have our sides on this issue.
That being said,...
A new storm Maria is on her way to destroy Puerto Rico/US Virgin Islands...she is packing 175 mph winds...a cata 5 hurricane.
All I can think of to say is ... I am glad those who sit there and grumble about loss of their precious time and funds for naught are safe.
I'd hate to see what would be left of them if something like this hit their area.... the total mental picture would be horrific to see.
How fast would you think they would scream to the Dev to help????
I doubt it would be even in their minds... like the poor storm ravaged people of Florida and Texas are now... and don't even add in the lost in the Caribbean.
Notice people Puerto Rico is the USA too.
I cant believe a handful of you are still grumbling... 11 days to go less then 2 weeks..
Those people have months to years to go... to even say they are back to normal
I will not wish ill on anyone, but I do wish you got the feeling for those who are hurting...
Stop blaming the Dev... We asked them to help quick.. They did.
You want someone to blame?
Blame me... I can handle your anger and toss it right back at you.
I just cant give you a heart to feel their pain....

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again there you go with the mindless preaching. For some strange reason you seem intent focussing on this when no one anywhere in the thread has belittled the effects of the disaster. We know and understand. Your bludgeoning it at us again and again is just wasting your own time as you churn this rhetoric out.

This thread is simply about how appropriate EA/BS actions in response to the disaster are. You've read the whole thread I assume but remain focussed on some sort of crusade of your own making rather than the topic in question. For Christs sake give it a rest.
Broadsword was listening and did as WE begged them to help the flood/hurricane people. They quickly did. Yes they could have done a lot of different things but as we don't know the whole of the effort to do the housing shutoff, we must assume it was a instant act of kindness. Players here are acting like that 30 days is a million years sentence in solitary confinement.. on bread and water. Nothing but the housing is effected. Yes I had a project to place a new house but I understand and will do so after this. 12.99 is not that big a deal if your grumbling about the cost.... 30 days is not that long a time to go without doing some house work.. (all parts)
How any could be so petty on the small sacrifice asked .... and this goes for all... not just one.
Yes I will beat members over the head till it sinks in.
Karma is a real thing... what goes around, comes around...

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This thread has veered off course several times, and it keeps ending up in the moderation queue. Emotions are clearly high, and it's time for everyone to take a breath and put this thread to rest. Any compliments, comments, or concerns in regards to how Broadsword has handled recent natural disasters within their account management needs to be taken up directly with broadsword at this time.

Several people all over the world have been effected by the fury of mother nature, and the suffering and loss that has been felt by the victims and their families is indisputable. This is regardless of their geographical location. For anyone truly wishing to help, there are several foundations that are accepting all types of donations for these families involved. Everything from clothes, to food, to tools etc. Please seek them out and make a difference.
But as far as Uhall goes, this topic is now closed. Please do not rehash it in other threads. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.