• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Tears of the Ice Dragon

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
oh da hideousnezz ob da EC! Just luuk at da poor bone armor made by uh drunk 5 year oldz hummie! And in da wun next to it yooz kan see dat hummiez nutsak - dem pantz waaay too skinny und tite - let demz breathe hummie!
Not to mention the sword with the bone suit is blurred...can barely tell it's a scimitar... my eyesssss :eek:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
oh da hideousnezz ob da EC! Just luuk at da poor bone armor made by uh drunk 5 year oldz hummie! And in da wun next to it yooz kan see dat hummiez nutsak - dem pantz waaay too skinny und tite - let demz breathe hummie!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Literally just covered my monitor with Monster Energy... that **** burns coming through your nose..

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Pawain - I remember you had the same thing for the Deceit event. How many mannequins with all the different event sets do you have??

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
100s I wish they would make the armor sets like assassins better so players would wear them.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
100s I wish they would make the armor sets like assassins better so players would wear them.
100% agree. I'm a few pieces away from full sets of those armor sets (missing the "rarest" ones I guess) and for the price I see people charging for a single piece of a suit I'll never consider wearing it's just going to collect dust as a partial suit.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol, oh god. If Studded shows that much on a Male, imagine how much it shows on a Female? Probably give "Miss Cameltoe" at my gym a run for her money.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lol, oh god. If Studded shows that much on a Male, imagine how much it shows on a Female? Probably give "Miss Cameltoe" at my gym a run for her money.
Yooz Asked fur it hummie! Meez hab to brabe da uglinezz ob da EC to git dese pikturdz so yooz all owez meez nu eyez after minez got burnt out in da horrer show!

Studded EC.PNG Okiez da pantz clofz nerg tooz bad but dat ummm head tingie - umm it dooz luuk realer but ummm nerg just nerg!

But den meez luuked at da leafie set - herez yooz kamel hummie!

Leaf EC.PNG Nerg only dooz it luukz lik it going strait up dere - it luukz like herz tryin to suck it all inz! Also iffn yooz notice - herz did peez on herself - maybe herz wuz tryin to hold it in und failed.

Ring EC.PNG Meez will uhmit to kinda likin da hornz on diz wunz head. But da skull part - NERG! (Dat da Orc Helm und uh ringmail suit in kase yooz kant tell.)

Aftershock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buying Bone Helm of The Three and Bone Helm of Ice on Pacific. Please ICQ me if you have them available. Thank you.

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Finally it's over :/ I'm really starting to hate the rng of this game ... I got something between 900 and 1000 drops and got 50s yumis or leather gorget and not a f******g piece of hide pants or female armor :D

This is what I ended up ... I kept the results of 787 pieces and around 150/200 sold as spare pieces, full suits or bundles in my vendor ...

I hope next treasure event will have some interesting rewards too as it was with deceit.

For sure I won't put my pixel feet in Ice dungeon again :D

massacroice.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got every suit, Human, Elf, and Gargoyle. But, I only kept a few. I almost did not get the studded leather suit. I went in after the time was up to look around and killed a slime and got the Studded sleeves I was missing. :) But I decided to turn that suit in for a hedge.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried specifically trading with 9+ people on Sonoma for a bone helmet. I also posted on the forums and in discord. Only two people got a single helmet drop and the rest never got one.

Really makes me lose motivation to try and collect suits.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I tried specifically trading with 9+ people on Sonoma for a bone helmet. I also posted on the forums and in discord. Only two people got a single helmet drop and the rest never got one.

Really makes me lose motivation to try and collect suits.
Didn't you get the memo? SB items are a sure way to keep the prices low, becasue in this way not all the stuff goes to ATL for resale.

Sorry, what did you say? That if there isn't a central exchange hub people simply don't have an incentive to farm the stuff for trading?

Bah! That only means you don't get the fine points behind the strategy Shard Bounding stuff... :cool:

Last edited:

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn't you get the memo? SB items are a sure way to keep the prices low, becasue in this way not all the stuff goes to ATL for resale.

Sorry, what did you say? That if there isn't a central exchange hub people simply don't have an incentive to farm the stuff for trading?

Bah! That only means you don't get the fine points behind the strategy Shard Bounding stuff... :cool:
Oh you LIKE paying 100 mil to 50 plats for items? I for one DO NOT! :mad: There is NOTHING, NADA, ZIP, ZERO, BUPKISS to buy on Legends. I have shard shields but

MessyAnna needs to add a SHARD ARMORED TRUCK for all the gold/plats you have to haul to shop there. Shopping on Atlantic is like going to Neiman-Marcus I

can barely afford the clearance racks and the bargain basement. Oh and don't y'all just loooooooooove all the freakin' spammers/buy-my-crap-RMTers that have

cropped up. At this rate MessyAnna may as well make RMT legal so we can all get a piece of the pie! I honestly and truly swear that if Broadsword and EA would

give me 90 days I could turn this friggin train wreck around. The first thing I would do is put past Event Items in the FREAKING STORE. I would tag the store items

replica, this way we could make some serious revenue. Before y'all start with the arguments look at WOW. Better yet lets look at Assassin's Creed , Mortal Kombat,

or the WWE 2K games all of those have DLC that's Down Loadable Content. Assassin's has weapons, Armor and Odyssey had skins for you horse (I liked the Unicorn

and Pegasus ones personally). Look Assassin's and WOW have feature films, Blizzcon is still going strong, and WWE well it ain't going nowhere. UO is swirling the

crapper just waiting for the final flush. MessyAnna certainly showed how much she DIDN'T CARE this Christmas with NO Holiday Tokens. Also I would be getting

investors, which would not be that hard for a game with the history, following and Richard Garriot's name attached to it. This game has endured 23 years for a

reason, and we're at the point we need to do something to save it. Okay I'll get off the soapbox because someone else is probably needing it.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oh you LIKE paying 100 mil to 50 plats for items? I for one DO NOT! :mad: There is NOTHING, NADA, ZIP, ZERO, BUPKISS to buy on Legends. I have shard shields but

MessyAnna needs to add a SHARD ARMORED TRUCK for all the gold/plats you have to haul to shop there. Shopping on Atlantic is like going to Neiman-Marcus I

can barely afford the clearance racks and the bargain basement. Oh and don't y'all just loooooooooove all the freakin' spammers/buy-my-crap-RMTers that have

cropped up. At this rate MessyAnna may as well make RMT legal so we can all get a piece of the pie! I honestly and truly swear that if Broadsword and EA would

give me 90 days I could turn this friggin train wreck around. The first thing I would do is put past Event Items in the FREAKING STORE. I would tag the store items

replica, this way we could make some serious revenue. Before y'all start with the arguments look at WOW. Better yet lets look at Assassin's Creed , Mortal Kombat,

or the WWE 2K games all of those have DLC that's Down Loadable Content. Assassin's has weapons, Armor and Odyssey had skins for you horse (I liked the Unicorn

and Pegasus ones personally). Look Assassin's and WOW have feature films, Blizzcon is still going strong, and WWE well it ain't going nowhere. UO is swirling the

crapper just waiting for the final flush. MessyAnna certainly showed how much she DIDN'T CARE this Christmas with NO Holiday Tokens. Also I would be getting

investors, which would not be that hard for a game with the history, following and Richard Garriot's name attached to it. This game has endured 23 years for a

reason, and we're at the point we need to do something to save it. Okay I'll get off the soapbox because someone else is probably needing it.
Have you drank too much Old Moonglow Red?

The REAL effect of SB items has been MORE inflated prices on ATL ***AND*** inflated prices on the Low Pop Shard too!

100 mils for a Bone of the Three or of Ice is the NORMAL price today on every Low Pop Shard (200 mils on ATL) as it has NEVER happended befeore for the not SB Event Armor Set!!!

On the rest of you rant I totally agree... :)

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you drank too much Old Moonglow Red?

The REAL effect of SB items has been MORE inflated prices on ATL ***AND*** inflated prices on the Low Pop Shard too!

100 mils for a Bone of the Three or of Ice is the NORMAL price today on every Low Pop Shard (200 mils on ATL) as it has NEVER happened before the not SB Event Armor Set!!!

On the rest of you rant I totally agree... :)
Well without Shard Bound, everything on the low population shards is hauled off to Atlantic and sold for ridiculous prices. Until she put replicas of ALL the event

items in the UO Store SB will have to do. I didn't say I liked it, in fact I don't like it. It's a lot like the Presidential election: I don't like any of the choices, but I have to

make one (God help me and all of us). Let's face it ONE GROUP has been SQUEEZING UO by the SCROTUM for way too long. It's time they get kicked off their

throne. I think we all know to WHOM I am referring. I do believe this group has MessyAnna and Co. on their payroll; why else do they ALWAYS GET THEIR WAY??!?!

Her continuous catering to this group she's allowed the continuation and propagation of RMT. How else could anyone get 20 platinum? Only someone mentally ill

or totally deluded would believe you could get that much from actual game play. No, I don't mean selling artifacts. Let's face it most of the gold floating around is

DUPED. There I'm not afraid to say it. We haven't had a Dev Team with the testicular fortitude to delete the gold hoards since the multi-trillion gold delete. This is

the result when you let ONE SMALL group control everything. If they'd put me in charge I'd convince the big spenders in that group if they wanted to spend on

something virtual to invest in the game itself. In return for that investment I'd give them some sort of something ala Richard Garriott and Shroud of the Avatar.

We don't need people spending $50,000 on rares; we need them to invest that $50,000 in the game's continuation and growth. That's why that group is successfully

choking UO to DEATH.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well without Shard Bound, everything on the low population shards is hauled off to Atlantic and sold for ridiculous prices. Until she put replicas of ALL the event

items in the UO Store SB will have to do. I didn't say I liked it, in fact I don't like it. It's a lot like the Presidential election: I don't like any of the choices, but I have to

make one (God help me and all of us). Let's face it ONE GROUP has been SQUEEZING UO by the SCROTUM for way too long. It's time they get kicked off their

throne. I think we all know to WHOM I am referring. I do believe this group has MessyAnna and Co. on their payroll; why else do they ALWAYS GET THEIR WAY??!?!

Her continuous catering to this group she's allowed the continuation and propagation of RMT. How else could anyone get 20 platinum? Only someone mentally ill

or totally deluded would believe you could get that much from actual game play. No, I don't mean selling artifacts. Let's face it most of the gold floating around is

DUPED. There I'm not afraid to say it. We haven't had a Dev Team with the testicular fortitude to delete the gold hoards since the multi-trillion gold delete. This is

the result when you let ONE SMALL group control everything. If they'd put me in charge I'd convince the big spenders in that group if they wanted to spend on

something virtual to invest in the game itself. In return for that investment I'd give them some sort of something ala Richard Garriott and Shroud of the Avatar.

We don't need people spending $50,000 on rares; we need them to invest that $50,000 in the game's continuation and growth. That's why that group is successfully

choking UO to DEATH.
Luc, the difference between having and non having SB items is only that with SB item:

1) people on Low Pop Shards DON'T farm them, because they don't have the ATL large market where to sell them and so doing gain the gold to buy other stuff they can't find on their Shards;
2) the few items that are farmed are, yes, sold on the native Shards, but, being few, AT ATL PRICES (go look by yourself at the prices of an "of Ice" or "of the Three" Bone Set: it is of 100+ mils in EVERY Shard).

I'm not speaking of EM items (about which I'm against any SBing too), but of "normal" low-level collectible Events Armor Suits, the ones that for the previous General Events you can STILL NOW find for TENTS, not HUNDREDS of mils.

We all know that ATL inflation is out of control (I was out of the game for about 6 months and, coming back during the Holidays, I found the prices for middle level Items - SS Fragments and such - DOUBLED), but let's not fool ourselves: the REALITY today is that the people that control the Items market on ATL are the ones that KEEP THE LIGHT ON with their many many PAID Accounts...