• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Tears of the Ice Dragon

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
12/7/2020 Greetings, We are pleased to announce our next event, Tears of the Ice Dragon, will be live after each shard’s regularly scheduled maintenance beginning December 8, 2020 at 12:01 AM ET. The points from this event will expire on January 15, 2021 at 11:59 ET. For those brave enough to venture into the Ice Dungeon to slay the frozen creatures within will find great treasures to be had! To accompany this event we are also happy to present, The Locket of Winter By EM Malachi Ages ago… The winds screamed as they raced past the tall mountain peak. Even […]

Continue reading...

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Why do they have all this stuff overlap? People want to do Krampus, and some people (not enough) want to do the Artisan Festival. A few people are still doing the new spawn to get statues and first aid belts. And now there's this new event, which I assume will be like Deceit. At least this runs till Jan 15.

Historically, there are big periods of "no special events" and people get bored and subscriptions lapse (myself included). Then, the holidays hit and there's tons of stuff to do. Maybe with this new dynamic system there will always be something special going on.

Anyway, I think they should spread out events rather than have 4 overlapping at the same time. Just my two cents.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah paragon White Wyrms are gonna be awesome ;)

Ice has always been my favorite dungeon for some reason and I never go in the front entrance....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah paragon White Wyrms are gonna be awesome ;)

Ice has always been my favorite dungeon for some reason and I never go in the front entrance....
Mark runes this time so you dont have those secret doors blocking you on your shard.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The turn in trader is there on Sonoma. It says the event begins at 1am EST though, not 12:01 EST.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why do they have all this stuff overlap? People want to do Krampus, and some people (not enough) want to do the Artisan Festival. A few people are still doing the new spawn to get statues and first aid belts. And now there's this new event, which I assume will be like Deceit. At least this runs till Jan 15.

Historically, there are big periods of "no special events" and people get bored and subscriptions lapse (myself included). Then, the holidays hit and there's tons of stuff to do. Maybe with this new dynamic system there will always be something special going on.

Anyway, I think they should spread out events rather than have 4 overlapping at the same time. Just my two cents.
Hopefully it just means more events with fewer lapses. I agree with you about that.

I don't mind them starting this up now since I became bored with the waiting around on the "Guide" champs spawn and then only averaging 1 drop per day. I did a a handful of Krampus runs but that became old extremely fast with no new rewards (and the current ones really just vanity except whip recipes). I look forward to checking out Ice dungeon and just hope the rewards are not just recycled from ToD (reusing some is expected but would hope they add 1 or 2 new ones and/or bring back other rewards from other events).

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Mark runes this time so you dont have those secret doors blocking you on your shard.
They aren't secret doors, they are locked doors....I have a rune for that area but it's a SMALL area and no point recalling in there since you can't get out without a mage...or magic unlock scrolls...which is stupid.

There are no locked doors in Ice ;)

And since I used to live solely in Fel I know Ice Dungeon Very well, one of my favorite hunting spots.....not for pets ;)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
NPC is in Fel also! That will spread players out!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We only know what is is the links. What server comes up first? Check there.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Exactly! ;)

Anyway!

These are the locations where I have runes marked:

1607381124325.png

I don't bother with the rats but I guess samps or EV's would be okay in there...LOTTA mages and archers in there.

I usually come in from the lost lands side denoted by the red arrow.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

It's called variety. It allows you, the player, to select one or more events to participate in. Depending on duration and so on, you could possibly do more than 1.

Or you could just say "scr*w it!" and be a Scrooge.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the overlap since I get bored of grinding the same one for a month. I spent a lot of time in Deceit because of the rewards and spent time doing the other Halloween events. I've been doing the Ilsh spawn for the last 2 weeks and am looking forward to tomorrows new event. I think that since they can now do these type of events with little coding I think this will be the future, where each month a new one will start with some overlap of the last one. Face it you have 30 days to do which ever one you want to and can switch back and forth so it's not that boring. I have Event chars on all the US shards so I was able to get a belt on each one which that character now uses. I also sent GM Magery, Eval & Resist on full soulstones to each of the shards I have a shield for to get statues. You can create a new mage, use the stones (and equipment I sent), get a statue, then create another char and pass the skills and suit to them. 7 statues on each of the 4 shards that I've done so far. Eventually the suit, soulstones and statues will return to my home shard (Legends).

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For Tamers, 120 Chiv+AI 100% Fire Crimson/Platinum Drake will rock the spawn. These new Paragons however take half damage from pets.
For Dexxers, a 100% Fire Dragon Slayer Weapon with an Ice Slayer Talisman. I have a few nice Ice Slayer Talismans, one even has Ice Fiend Killer/Ice Fiend Protection 59%/Ice Slayer on it, but i can't seem to find it for a screen shot :confused:. Used to use that one when farming Ice Fiends in Fel for Fame.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's called variety. It allows you, the player, to select one or more events to participate in. Depending on duration and so on, you could possibly do more than 1.

Or you could just say "scr*w it!" and be a Scrooge.
Elessar has been doing everything! Today they made me weapons, did Krampus, did T maps, Bods, No telling what else.

They will be everywhere. :)

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have not even had time to display the of three armor sets properly now it looks like I will need those as well. Might have to rethink my collection already have 200 armor sets on display

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Anyone know what the rewards will be?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just checked and the rewards won't list until the event starts.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only item showing "shard bound" is the Unfinished Table Legs. I'm going to guess that everything is though.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
omg, that Dragon Spellbook is insane - I know what I'm getting for xmas

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
25 enchance potion spellbook lmao you cant drink pots with a spellbook...did the devs really play this game

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
so dont wear a shield? or take it off before drinking? point is spell books dont stop you from drinking a potion so its fine to have EP on one

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Couldn't find my really good Ice Slayer Talisman (had +89% Ice Fiend Killer/+59% Ice Fiend Protection/Ice Slayer and Owned By) that i used to use on my Samurai/Swordsman for farming Ice Fiends in Fel for Fame years ago :( . But i did find this in my stockpile.
Ice Talisman 1.PNG

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The hedges would look nice if you have a place in the snow. Spellbook is so so item.

Anyone get name and drop color yet?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The hedges would look nice if you have a place in the snow. Spellbook is so so item.

Anyone get name and drop color yet?
Looks like it won't go live until after server down, just the rewards list. I killed some stuff and nothing respawned with the new tag.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is on Europa but no one will answer my questions.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
On a general note, I like that another event is being rolled out. For years, we heard people complain on these forums that the Developer's don't provide us with enough content. Now we're getting new content left and right. It gives us lots of options. If you want to craft, you can craft. If you want to do these turn-in events, you can roll in there in a group or solo and be successful. If you want to continue doing some of these virtue-themed events like the shrine battles, those are still around too. We've had two new champ spawns with unique drops, including the Bandage belt people were worried wouldn't return and were getting jacked up in price on VS. There is no lack of content or good excuse for being bored in Ultima Online.

On a more specific note, the Drageni Spellbook looks pretty powerful. That will be a very interesting piece that will add some new variability in mage builds. I'm glad these aren't behind a paywall in the UO Store, or stuck behind a grindy quest line. I would rather test my skills of grinding in a dungeon and appreciate the developer's have included another turn-in point event to do this. Oh, and the 50 point deco item looks cool too.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also a shame the armor drops are a dyable color.

The table legs really confuse me though. It's a shipwreck item graphic most people turn in for points Those 50 point deco table legs better make the best table in the lands...

Really wish rewards were put on test center or shown before release so players can give feedback.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmm
View attachment 114423

I dont really get this one
Ya who is going to buy that for testing. A NOOB on LS thinks they will make a table. Oops K said that too....

What sound do table legs make? :)

Im kinda glad the rewards are not too expensive and not great. I want the hedges!!!! Lots of them!

Ill try to trim one into a Llama!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ya who is going to buy that for testing. A NOOB on LS thinks they will make a table. Oops K said that too....
I think you need to update your reading glasses prescription (and work on your reading comprehension)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They underestimated Atlantic... server up and can't hardly find anything to kill. Prime time is gonna be horrid unless they crank it up.