• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 94 Full TC1 Release

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix @Bleak

While the 12 second immunity timer for Mortal Strike is a big improvement over 20 seconds, it is still too long. The timer should be 3 to 5 seconds.

The goal of the update is to prevent the spamming of Mortal Strike, not to nerf it to the point where nobody will use it. A few seconds is more than good enough to prevent Mortal Strike spam. At 12 seconds, it is just too weak.

Mortal Strike is very much needed by dexers in order for them to stop a mage with Protection on from healing themselves, since disruption will not work. Even if the timer were to be 3 to 5 seconds, it will be highly questionable whether a dexer will be able to kill a mage with Protection on. With a 12 second immunity timer, it will basically be impossible. This update is going to force all dexers in pvp to pick up Poisoning, because they have no other option in preventing a mage from healing themselves. Let's not pigeonhole all dexers into getting Poisoning. Even then, Poisoning is not going to help against a mage in Stone Form with Protection.

Any updates to UO should encourage template variety, not do the opposite.

Thanks.
Agreed. Make it at the end of the mortal (if it wears off on normal timer or apple) and I completely agree. No damage modification needed. Just that simple fix is all it would take.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Also, does that immunity timer apply for NPC targets?
I am rather fond of using mortal strike on a few peerless, such as dreadhorn and Cora when they get low on health with my macer to try to speed up the end of the fight. Chaining it (when you have mana against Cora) is pretty much needed there.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
makes me think with my thinker what is hidden in the dark....
So, the server came up - and our power went out. Finally back in. Not sure what I'm missing, but I only found those two boxes and some empty bags all in the same small area. I hope I missed it, because if that's all there is it's very disappointing.
There's something else down there, some kind of wall that needs to drop and a room to get into, but as usual, the puzzle is beyond me. I never was any good at puzzles.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Okay so my reference to "combat tinkers" got a like from @Kyronix

How very interesting. One assumes that, compared to a tamer, their lower template requirements are balanced by the fact that you can't mage heal them. Do the new golems still take ingots to heal?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay so my reference to "combat tinkers" got a like from @Kyronix

How very interesting. One assumes that, compared to a tamer, their lower template requirements are balanced by the fact that you can't mage heal them. Do the new golems still take ingots to heal?
I'm very interested to see what level of pet this new golum is. Dreadmare level I would assume? Would be cool if it was a low damage tank. That seems like a good wheelhouse for automatons.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, does that immunity timer apply for NPC targets?
I am rather fond of using mortal strike on a few peerless, such as dreadhorn and Cora when they get low on health with my macer to try to speed up the end of the fight. Chaining it (when you have mana against Cora) is pretty much needed there.
No, it does not.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can we lore Automatons?
they are mechanical no, so....... can we lore them like Golems or are they non-loreable since they are a mechanical critter?

also, can we transfer them between tinkers?

inquiring minds want to know.
Yes to lore and No to transfer.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't play anymore but i get bored at work and occasionally lurk.

Just want to say the Mortal change looks good and the idea to utilize the old doom artifacts in recipes to create better versions of those items is a good idea.

On the mortal change i dont see a reason to add damage to subsequent mortals if they are already effected, should be up to the player to decide not to dump mana on a spec and not get a damage bonus reward for doing something dumb... but not a big deal.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Agreed. Make it at the end of the mortal (if it wears off on normal timer or apple) and I completely agree. No damage modification needed. Just that simple fix is all it would take.
12 seconds is fine, without damage mods.

But for some reason they made it last 8 seconds now?

The math is very simple as soon as mortal is applied the 12 second timer starts.

This should give a 6 second mortal duration and 6 seconds to heal. The ranged weapons do not need to be 4 seconds.

Then they can reapply.

I don't know why it's been this difficult to comprehend.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yes to lore and No to transfer.
@Bleak

ok, here is a next level question for ya;

couple years back we got a Tinkers table for our houses (Gadgetry Table) that allows us to make a topped out Golem when using it.
can we use this to make the Automatons to make them buffed out from creation instead of training them?

would make sense since that is what the table is for, no?

Last edited:

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
12 seconds is fine, without damage mods.

But for some reason they made it last 8 seconds now?

The math is very simple as soon as mortal is applied the 12 second timer starts.

This should give a 6 second mortal duration and 6 seconds to heal. The ranged weapons do not need to be 4 seconds.

Then they can reapply.

I don't know why it's been this difficult to comprehend.
12 seconds is a long time. Especially if you apple it right away.

A timer based on the END of duration is what needs to happen- and it should be shorter.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
12 seconds is a long time. Especially if you apple it right away.

A timer based on the END of duration is what needs to happen- and it should be shorter.
12 is fine as long as it starts When it applies.

having timer at the end needs to be 6 seconds.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
According to publish notes, the timer starts once Mortal is removed, not when it is applied.

And 12 seconds is a very long time in UO
Yeah I don't know why they did that.

If they leave it at the end / removal it needs to be 6
Seconds not 12

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL, if anyone knew how to play a dexxer instead of just spamming specials, it wouldn't matter how long the mortal timer was. Just saying. People need to learn how to pvp instead of crying that its worthless now. This is how mortal was for 14-15 yrs and wasn't an issue.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So here's the new plant:

NewPlant.png

The response to it from those I know has been somewhere between: "When are they going to start singing and dancing" to "It looks like projectiles should be shooting out of them into incoming zombies."

I can't help but notice its not at quite the right perspective.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
PlNRA.jpg

So I googled Amaryllis and found some pictures that look similar to the new plant in game.

This one is a little more like it

better.jpg

While it does look a little flat, and the pot needs to look LESS flat...it's not bad....just...un-flatten it? a little...I think it has potential :)

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
"A regal case" is the default name for the King's collection box.

Here's the new dyes:
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
{/td}
{td}
{/td}
{td}
{/td}
{td}
{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=center}mossy green {/td}
{td=center}intense teal{/td}
{td=center}mottled sunset blue{/td}
{td=center}tyrian purple {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

The purple is the same hue as shipwreck purple. And personally, I think "ntense teal" should more be named something like "weathered cyan".

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there anyway to get these new items to try out the new tinker pet (and give feedback) besides doing stuff on a TEST SHARD that doesn't count or....? Give resources, Give arties, and give masteries don't work...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
LOL, if anyone knew how to play a dexxer instead of just spamming specials, it wouldn't matter how long the mortal timer was. Just saying. People need to learn how to pvp instead of crying that its worthless now. This is how mortal was for 14-15 yrs and wasn't an issue.
I don't know what game you have been playing but spamming specials has pretty much been the standard for years.

100m that says you can't kill a regular pvper without them.

Mortal hasn't changed but the amount of times you could spam it did because of all the new overpowered gear.

Sorry man, there's more to it than just "stop crying and learn to pvp".

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mortal hasn't changed but the amount of times you could spam it did because of all the new overpowered gear.
Mortal HAS changed.

I hate when people say stuff so matter-of-factly and then are incorrect.

It used to have a timer needed to be reapplied after it wore off, which is what I am proposing happens again. And six seconds is too long.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, the server came up - and our power went out. Finally back in. Not sure what I'm missing, but I only found those two boxes and some empty bags all in the same small area. I hope I missed it, because if that's all there is it's very disappointing.
There's something else down there, some kind of wall that needs to drop and a room to get into, but as usual, the puzzle is beyond me. I never was any good at puzzles.
Today I have learned to ignore the blue bags and detect again to uncover the box. As a result I have 2 of the power cores and some books.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
On TC1 just outside Zento 8-3-160041.jpg
Feel free to use the Eodon Portal

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Mortal HAS changed.

I hate when people say stuff so matter-of-factly and then are incorrect.

It used to have a timer needed to be reapplied after it wore off, which is what I am proposing happens again. And six seconds is too long.
Eh they added the Deminishing timer 3-4 years ago.

Beyond that I don't recall any changes but let's face it anything beyond a handful years pretty much makes the argument moot because of the evolution of the game.

6 seconds is fine.

If they kept it to 12 seconds when applying it, or 6 after the removal (which ranged now is proposed to be 4 if you read the patch notes) it's fine.

You can heal and chug between mortals.

12 seconds at start will be flat so 3 mortals in 36 seconds. Removes trying to balance Apple and doesn't make it over nerfed.

If they did 6 seconds at removal with 6 second duration, it can be applied 4x in 30 seconds with Apple. But Apple timer could remove 2.

Current proposed ranged is 3 mortals in 42 seconds using 2 apples. Making mortal only effective for 4 seconds and 2 seconds the last hit. That seems to be overkill as a nerf.

Just so we are clear their proposed change is a 4 second mortal For ranged weapons with a 12 second timer after its removed.

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what game you have been playing but spamming specials has pretty much been the standard for years.

100m that says you can't kill a regular pvper without them.

Sorry man, there's more to it than just "stop crying and learn to pvp".
And when it doesn't work, what do you do? Mortal isn't like AI, disarm, bleed, etc. There was never a timer on those, so they could be used as long as you had the mana (well, disarm has the re-arm timer, but yeah.)

As far as the mortal timer, idk. I don't think 6 seconds is too long either, but having fought Paith & friends multiple times, it's no surprise to me that he wants a shorter timer.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh they added the Deminishing timer 3-4 years ago.

Beyond that I don't recall any changes but let's face it anything beyond a handful years pretty much makes the argument moot because of the evolution of the game.
That is a cop out statement. Some things in game don't get nerfed until they are abused because there are other more OP things at the time. Mortal was fine how it was originally. They messed it up with diminishing returns in my opinion.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
And when it doesn't work, what do you do? Mortal isn't like AI, disarm, bleed, etc. There was never a timer on those, so they could be used as long as you had the mana (well, disarm has the re-arm timer, but yeah.)

As far as the mortal timer, idk. I don't think 6 seconds is too long either, but having fought Paith & friends multiple times, it's no surprise to me that he wants a shorter timer.
People generally argue for what benefits them the most.

I'm arguing based on the math so they can't spam mortal strike at 1.25. Seconds with a bow and not make it completely worthless at the same time.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That is a cop out statement. Some things in game don't get nerfed until they are abused because there are other more OP things at the time. Mortal was fine how it was originally. They messed it up with diminishing returns in my opinion.
Sure was but I find whether or not they changed it between AOS and 2013 pretty irrelevant to the conversation.

If you want to discuss how to change it now based on existing mechanics that's fine.

And dimishing returns was pretty worthless.

But I guess I'm not sure if you're wanting a longer duration timer or a longer immunity timer.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

For one- I don't even use mortal on any of my characters.

I also said the timer should be somewhere between 3 and 5 seconds after the mortal is removed ( i believe it used to be 3 seconds). That is more than enough time to heal yourself in a one v one or get x heals in a group fight.

I am arguing so mortal still has a purpose. There will be a new tactic if it stays how it is and people will start crying about that til it gets nerfed. So, trust me, I am not worried about how it will affect me. I always adapt, but thanks for trying to make it about me.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
"A regal case" is the default name for the King's collection box.

Here's the new dyes:
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
{/td}
{td}
{/td}
{td}
{/td}
{td}
{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=center}mossy green {/td}
{td=center}intense teal{/td}
{td=center}mottled sunset blue{/td}
{td=center}tyrian purple {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
The purple is the same hue as shipwreck purple. And personally, I think "ntense teal" should more be named something like "weathered cyan".

Your comment made me laugh Brian, nothing "Intense" about the Teal....I have to agree with renaming the "Intense Teal" to weathered cyan :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Your comment made me laugh Brian, nothing "Intense" about the Teal....I have to agree with renaming the "Intense Teal" to weathered cyan :D
You all know these now make fishing even more lame.

Now they have taken the one thing that was still enjoyable and profitable from fishing and made it free..... thanks.

New colors no.... they have been colors of cloth only obtainable from the dredging hooks for awhile... The only ones left now is the very ugly yellow one and the red and black. Thanks DEVs...

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you must not be very good at math then, because its impossible to shoot a mortal strike bow at 1.25. max speed is 1.5.

you would need 240 stam to be able to shoot a regular bow (mortal strike) at 1.25 speed which is impossible with current gear.
210 stam and doesn't one of those new potions give a stam boost? I believe it doesn't last very long though.

I also said the timer should be somewhere between 3 and 5 seconds after the mortal is removed ( i believe it used to be 3 seconds). That is more than enough time to heal yourself in a one v one or get x heals in a group fight.

I am arguing so mortal still has a purpose. There will be a new tactic if it stays how it is and people will start crying about that til it gets nerfed. So, trust me, I am not worried about how it will affect me. I always adapt, but thanks for trying to make it about me.
I know you don't - I never said you did; however, the fact remains that I got mortal spammed by Trevor & Deleted in the past...multiple times. You're right though - 4-5 seconds of immunity would be fine.

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
you must not be very good at math then, because its impossible to shoot a mortal strike bow at 1.25. max speed is 1.5.

you would need 240 stam to be able to shoot a regular bow (mortal strike) at 1.25 speed which is impossible with current gear.
Eh you got me, I was thinking bows were the same as composites at 4 seconds.

This seems to be beside the point though doesn't it?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Help me out, isn't minimum heal time 5 seconds?

How would 3 seconds be enough?

5 would be pushing it as is.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not sure if the game rounds up or down (some other games I've played always round down), but yes - if my math's right, it's 4.5 seconds, which is 5 seconds for self. With someone else healing you, 3 seconds is WAY more than sufficient...if you stand still.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not sure if the game rounds up or down (some other games I've played always round down), but yes - if my math's right, it's 4.5 seconds, which is 5 seconds for self. With someone else healing you, 3 seconds is WAY more than sufficient...if you stand still.
Lol, I hope we aren't balancing this on someone else's healing.

I think he also said 1 v 1

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Minimum heal time is 4 seconds. If you are talking about a dexer- you can't really mortal on the run anyways, but you would need to get out of range of the person for all of 1 second before a band aid would go off. You also have other means to heal such as a pot, etc. Mages can cast a G heal in that time. This is really arguing semantics at this point. I stated my opinion on where I think the timer should be placed and for how long. You are free to disagree with my opinion. I think a timer at the start is a TERRIBLE idea.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Minimum heal time is 4 seconds. If you are talking about a dexer- you can't really mortal on the run anyways, but you would need to get out of range of the person for all of 1 second before a band aid would go off. You also have other means to heal such as a pot, etc. Mages can cast a G heal in that time. This is really arguing semantics at this point. I stated my opinion on where I think the timer should be placed and for how long. You are free to disagree with my opinion. I think a timer at the start is a TERRIBLE idea.
yeah well you also said 3 seconds was enough to heal after a mortal, let alone specifically mentioning a one vs one.

You don't balance pvp using group pvp.

So yep, I freely disagree with you.

Edited: I got 4.5 seconds for healing using this formula:

8 - ((dex-80)/20)

You'll have to correct me but I think item cap for dex is 150 isn't it?

Last edited:

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah well you also said 3 seconds was enough to heal after a mortal, let alone specifically mentioning a one vs one.

You don't balance pvp using group pvp.

So yep, I freely disagree with you.

Edited: I got 4.5 seconds for healing using this formula:

8 - ((dex-80)/20)

You'll have to correct me but I think item cap for dex is 150 isn't it?
Disagree all you want. You are still wrong. Bandaid are 4 seconds. Test it yourself. Also in your hypothetical player A getting mortal ed is just standing still? And player B doesn't miss? Lol. Who are you again btw out of curiosity?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Disagree all you want. You are still wrong. Bandaid are 4 seconds. Test it yourself. Also in your hypothetical player A getting mortal ed is just standing still? And player B doesn't miss? Lol. Who are you again btw out of curiosity?
Pretty sure its 4.5, you just cant see it on UOA, i did time it multiple times against a watch and never did land squarely on 4, but slightly past. Either way its still not quick enough to heal within 3 seconds like you suggested.

And you balance it on a mathematical base, not how much you run or stand. the trade off from there is RNG.

your turn.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty sure its 4.5, you just cant see it on UOA, i did time it multiple times against a watch and never did land squarely on 4, but slightly past. Either way its still not quick enough to heal within 3 seconds like you suggested.

And you balance it on a mathematical base, not how much you run or stand. the trade off from there is RNG.

your turn.
Sounds like human error to me.

When did I ever say a bandaid could go off in 3 seconds? I said the timer would give plenty of time to heal. There are other ways to heal other than a band aid. You are saying you must balance it vs healing with an aid? lol.

And yes, I am taking in ACTUAL pvp into consideration. No one just stands there when someone is trying to chain a mortal. So even for a dexer using bandaids- the timer wears off- they apply a bandaid- would have 3 seconds of immunity and then would need to run for one second where a mortal can't be shot on the move.

Arguing with someone who doesn't know about pvp... what a waste of time.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sounds like human error to me.

When did I ever say a bandaid could go off in 3 seconds? I said the timer would give plenty of time to heal. There are other ways to heal other than a band aid. You are saying you must balance it vs healing with an aid? lol.

And yes, I am taking in ACTUAL pvp into consideration. No one just stands there when someone is trying to chain a mortal. So even for a dexer using bandaids- the timer wears off- they apply a bandaid- would have 3 seconds of immunity and then would need to run for one second where a mortal can't be shot on the move.

Arguing with someone who doesn't know about pvp... what a waste of time.
Way to walk back your post.

And yes you would balance it off the longest heal timer which would be a bandage.

otherwise the change would only benefit particular templates, like a Mage casting greater heal in .75

Either way you could do the timer up front or at the end, the difference is the amount of time to account for duration and heal time.

I could only imagine how messed up pvp would be if we based it on your idea of balance.

Well player X runs and player y heals while player z used mortal,
So three seconds sounds about right.

Yep lets go with that...

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Way to walk back your post.

And yes you would balance it off the longest heal timer which would be a bandage.

otherwise the change would only benefit particular templates, like a Mage casting greater heal in .75

Either way you could do the timer up front or at the end, the difference is the amount of time to account for duration and heal time.

I could only imagine how messed up pvp would be if we based it on your idea of balance.

Well player X runs and player y heals while player z used mortal,
So three seconds sounds about right.

Yep lets go with that...
Read my original post. I am not walking back on anything I said.

Well, what if we have a pure spellweaver dexer with no healing and his only way of healing is gift of renewal? We should adjust the timer for them too. Based on your logic, of course.

Oh, also with that logic if someone is hitting me with a magic short bow while I am trying to G heal and they hit every time, I could never get a G heal off- lets make the G heal timer fast enough to heal in between. Man, I love your ideas.

Front end timer and back end timer makes a huge difference, either way. One you can apple/remove curse (most overpowered spell in game)/cleanse winds and get an immunity up to 11 seconds vs at the most 6 seconds at the back end. If you don't see a huge difference there, there is no helping you.

I am surely glad they don't base pvp balance on your thoughts.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Read my original post. I am not walking back on anything I said.

Well, what if we have a pure spellweaver dexer with no healing and his only way of healing is gift of renewal? We should adjust the timer for them too. Based on your logic, of course.

Oh, also with that logic if someone is hitting me with a magic short bow while I am trying to G heal and they hit every time, I could never get a G heal off- lets make the G heal timer fast enough to heal in between. Man, I love your ideas.

Front end timer and back end timer makes a huge difference, either way. One you can apple/remove curse (most overpowered spell in game)/cleanse winds and get an immunity up to 11 seconds vs at the most 6 seconds at the back end. If you don't see a huge difference there, there is no helping you.

I am surely glad they don't base pvp balance on your thoughts.

Okay, so your refutal is that some dexer is rolling around with gift of renewal only as his way of healing? Sure let's go with that...by the way it's a 3 second cast time. 2.5 with FC so im not sure what you're getting at when I'm telling you it should be a 6 second delay at the end or 12 up front...

I mean if this is your argument, then feel free to roll with it.

Aside from this i already explained the difference between the 12 at front or 6 at back, which im pretty certain you didn't read it or the patch notes.

The magic short has nothing to do with mortal or balance, you cant factor in probability of RNG because its random. They may chain or miss x amount of times.

Again, you can't pick a single template and try to justify mortal around it.

But keep going, it's funny.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, so your refutal is that some dexer is rolling around with gift of renewal only as his way of healing? Sure let's go with that...by the way it's a 3 second cast time. 2.5 with FC so im not sure what you're getting at when I'm telling you it should be a 6 second delay at the end or 12 up front...

I mean if this is your argument, then feel free to roll with it.

Aside from this i already explained the difference between the 12 at front or 6 at back, which im pretty certain you didn't read it or the patch notes.

The magic short has nothing to do with mortal or balance, you cant factor in probability of RNG because its random. They may chain or miss x amount of times.

Again, you can't pick a single template and try to justify mortal around it.

But keep going, it's funny.
You are picking a single form of healing to justify mortal timer. And saying you MUST have time to heal with that form in between.

I was using your logic and applying it to other attacks and other forms of healing.

But yeah, a 12 second timer from the end is comical. You think 6 seconds is fine and I think that is still newbie **** that needs to gtfo. So you can have your opinion and base it on healing with aids- thats fine. I just don't agree. Mortal will be pretty useless with current changes. Good job devs. Onto the next OP thing.