• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 94 Full TC1 Release

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone, By 5:00pm ET 8/2/2016 we will be pushing a new release of Publish 94 to TC1. This is the first full release of Publish 94 to TC1, so make sure you head over and check out all the new features. As always we will continue to update based on feedback through the TC1 and Origin, Izumo, and Baja. The notes can be found here and be sure to send us feedback here. We will also be pushing a mandatory client patch as well, so make sure you are running the latest versions of the classic and enhanced clients before trying to […]

Continue reading...

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That thread goes nowhere. Just to another title to another post that doesnt go anywhere.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Cool new artifacts for the Halloween treasure event! :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Really wish they had reconsidered the watermelon pumpkins :/

19th anny stuff looks good

TOTALLY looking forward to Treasures of Kotl City!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I suppose a Gypsy Wagon Night Light is a start...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Soooo, I take it Doom will not be dropping its stuff like in years past.

Pumpkin patches will just give carvable pumpkins, no pumpkins with names on them as happened years ago?

Saw nothing about player named skeleton containers dropping in cemeteries...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Larisa. That link is very hard for me to see. I do have some color blindness issues as many folks do. Just sayin'... I suppose I should send that feed back to Broadsword. I likely won't though.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is Treasures of the Kotl City going to run permanently? With the black moonstone and the automation actuator needed for recipes, it'd pretty much better. And seriously 5% success rates, boosted to a max of 35 with a leet tali? Really?

At least the point amounts required for the rewards aren't obscene...

@Kyronix The Kotl City entrance appears to be invisible in the EC. I stumbled in, but it kicked me right back out. I don't think the EC Map file got updated properly. It IS visible in the CC.

Edit: When I log back into the EC after entering the city in the CC, the area is completely black and I can't move. The in-game map shows up though...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa. That link is very hard for me to see. I do have some color blindness issues as many folks do. Just sayin'... I suppose I should send that feed back to Broadsword. I likely won't though.
I agree Kelmo, it is very hard to see, which is why I included pictures for people like us ;) ( I just started having to wear glasses.....*cries*)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
everything looks really neat but what is with changing the staff of the magi and the hat of the magi over to the Kotl Black Rod and the Dr. Spector’s Lenses?

are the stats any different?
do they do anything more than they originally did?
(comparing stats now.....)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i see now, the staff has FC1 and changes to the following

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
and the hat to lenses add's 2 more SDI and

• [*]8% Lower Mana Cost
    [*]10% Lower Reagent Cost
    [*]5% Physical Resist

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That is a good thing, right Poo?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Kyronix did say at the last meet and greet that 2 of the old doom arties were getting a re-vamp, so that's pretty cool!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Oh Lord... Here we go. Doc... it is not even in game yet!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanna chip in that I love the idea of old arties being used as crafting ingredients for new ones. More of that please.
Same. I'd like a higher success chance, tbh, but the Hat & Staff of the Magi are fairly cheap, so it's not much of an issue.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Same. I'd like a higher success chance, tbh, but the Hat & Staff of the Magi are fairly cheap, so it's not much of an issue.
Thought I read that failure only consumed the other stuff, not the arties?

Also, curious how strong this tinker pet is going to be.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dr. Spector’s Lenses

• 200 Ingots
  • 1 Black Moonstone
  • 1 Hat of the Magi
  • Failure consumes 50-100 ingots

Change the above to :

- 2000 Ingots
- 50 Relics
- Abscess' Tail (or some other semi hard but spawning item)

and you´ll have a winning concept for Siege. A similar tweak could be done to the staff.

To clarify, that formula would be for Siege Perilous (and maybe Mugen) only. It would add some everlasting fun for both crafters/resource gatherers and PvMers in a useful way.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No ones commenting about the new user agreement or disclaimer or whatever that is, saw it on both the ec and cc after updating ?

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Instead of creating yet another tinkered pet, why didnt we just make golems useful again?
Cus it's WAY cooler looking then a golem???

*nods*

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'd prefer if the staff had 5 SDI rather than 5 LMC, though.
And they really need to add spell mana leech and spell life leech to spell books (up to 5, 8% maybe?) to level mages up closer up on par with sampires and dexxers when it comes to PvM rather than trying to balance things down.
Much easier to create challenging encounters when all PvM DPS classes have the same amount of survivability.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But you have to be a GM tinker to control it so, pretty useless IMO.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought I read that failure only consumed the other stuff, not the arties?

Also, curious how strong this tinker pet is going to be.
Yup, I went to TC w/out a Talisman and it took a while, but I managed to make the Glasses. I think other recipes do the same, but it's been a while since I made one (Scrapper's.)

I might tinker with my suit again...

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix @Bleak

While the 12 second immunity timer for Mortal Strike is a big improvement over 20 seconds, it is still too long. The timer should be 3 to 5 seconds.

The goal of the update is to prevent the spamming of Mortal Strike, not to nerf it to the point where nobody will use it. A few seconds is more than good enough to prevent Mortal Strike spam. At 12 seconds, it is just too weak.

Mortal Strike is very much needed by dexers in order for them to stop a mage with Protection on from healing themselves, since disruption will not work. Even if the timer were to be 3 to 5 seconds, it will be highly questionable whether a dexer will be able to kill a mage with Protection on. With a 12 second immunity timer, it will basically be impossible. This update is going to force all dexers in pvp to pick up Poisoning, because they have no other option in preventing a mage from healing themselves. Let's not pigeonhole all dexers into getting Poisoning. Even then, Poisoning is not going to help against a mage in Stone Form with Protection.

Any updates to UO should encourage template variety, not do the opposite.

Thanks.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix @Bleak

While the 12 second immunity timer for Mortal Strike is a big improvement over 20 seconds, it is still too long. The timer should be 3 to 5 seconds.

The goal of the update is to prevent the spamming of Mortal Strike, not to nerf it to the point where nobody will use it. A few seconds is more than good enough to prevent Mortal Strike spam. At 12 seconds, it is just too weak.

Mortal Strike is very much needed by dexers in order for them to stop a mage with Protection on from healing themselves, since disruption will not work. Even if the timer were to be 3 to 5 seconds, it will be highly questionable whether a dexer will be able to kill a mage with Protection on. With a 12 second immunity timer, it will basically be impossible. This update is going to force all dexers in pvp to pick up Poisoning, because they have no other option in preventing a mage from healing themselves. Let's not pigeonhole all dexers into getting Poisoning. Even then, Poisoning is not going to help against a mage in Stone Form with Protection.

Any updates to UO should encourage template variety, not do the opposite.

Thanks.
you do realize that it's MUCH easier for a dexer to kill a non-parry mage with protection on, right? There's a world of difference between no FC and 2 FC.

As far as Mortal: If you're getting mortal'd every 3-5 seconds, it's still a problem. Once it wears off, you get Mortal'd again, still can't heal, etc.

And template variety? Really? Do you know how many dexers there are? Outside of the small # of people that play mages, the dexer templates are pretty much all the same, with some slight variation.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
you do realize that it's MUCH easier for a dexer to kill a non-parry mage with protection on, right? There's a world of difference between no FC and 2 FC.

As far as Mortal: If you're getting mortal'd every 3-5 seconds, it's still a problem. Once it wears off, you get Mortal'd again, still can't heal, etc.

And template variety? Really? Do you know how many dexers there are? Outside of the small # of people that play mages, the dexer templates are pretty much all the same, with some slight variation.
Non parry mage? LMAO. Do they even exist?

I'm talking about 3-5 seconds after the mortal wears off, which is plenty of time for a mage to heal up.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you are agreeing with me?
Yes. I do see non-parry mages, but they're rare, and you're more likely to see one when you're not at Yew Gate. I hate that I have to play it with the sheer # of dexers running around, but c'est la vie. tbh, I'd rather play something like an alchemy scribe (which I could probably do with enough skill point boosting, but meh.)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
.....chests hidden inside the Kotl City
makes me think with my thinker what is hidden in the dark....

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
can we lore Automatons?
they are mechanical no, so....... can we lore them like Golems or are they non-loreable since they are a mechanical critter?

also, can we transfer them between tinkers?

inquiring minds want to know.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
makes me think with my thinker what is hidden in the dark....
I went to look - but the server went down. So far found one blue box ( a regal case), looks like the king's collection box, content gold and gems, much like the Exodus dungeon boxes also found two empty blue back packs! Seems finding a hidden item isn't always the hidden item you're hoping for.
More when the server's back up.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are the Tinker Recipes Random? TBH this is annoying as hell as the RNG will give you the same recipe 7 times instead of one of each when you go through your account using the tokens (based on past experiences)