• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 112 Comes to TC1

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would ask on other forum but I highly doubt they will make it able to be dyed

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The vat isn't working for me and someone else in TC1 Gen Chat. I'm glad they changed it to include multiple keg types though.

I wish they would have taken my advice on the Carto table tho... that's going to be a waste for anyone not training Carto.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Currently it's 5% chance if you don't have parry and 30% if you do. What PvM mage (or char with Eval & SDI) do you know that runs parry? Unless I'm missing some sort of uber PvM template that includes parry/eval we are talking about an item that will flamestrike (doing up to 100dmg or so depending on target) 5 times out of 100. If anything, I'd argue the shield effects are kind of weak for an exclusive 25 year reward.

I have no problem with this idea... but all rewards should be like that (with exception of crafting type rewards). I get the argument that "25 years is a long time and they deserve prestige" but couldn't the same be said for an account that just turned 20 years this year and can no choose a serpentine dragon (yet anyone can ride)?
Do hit spells depend on your eval ? As I know they all have 80 hidden eval, even those from mystic Enchant Weapon.

Shield will give no advantage in PVM : mages who use shields usually avoid being hit. Little advantage for paladins with shield - not many people play them. Bushido now is great for pvm.

I think ability to nail it on the gate of your castle will be more appreciated then flamestrike.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really have a problem with the shield only going to 25 yr vets. Life is too short . None of us will be around forever. Give these old timers a good ride off into the sunset with something nice .
Actually, I think this shield should be a free gift to 25th year players and not use up a vet reward slot at all. And, no my account is only 265 months old, so I have no dog in this fight...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Actually, I think this shield should be a free gift to 25th year players and not use up a vet reward slot at all. And, no my account is only 265 months old, so I have no dog in this fight...
There are a handful of vet rewards that should be huntman challenge rewards too and honestly the new chalice that replaced the chest would have been an obvious "Treasure Of" reward pick. That said, if they did this the Vet reward list would have only been the normal 3-4 statues they release every year and only 2 other rewards. One of those rewards is the carto table which imo is a waste of a reward but was overlooked b/c the monster proof chest took most of the attention. Last yeat would have been the same had they removed the book straps.

With the size and creativity of the Dev team, they need all they can get as credit for making new Vet rewards :)

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you try to chop a stack like this:
You get that msg. Would make me crazy repeating all that chopping in 300 lb piles. 150 logs.
You can understand why people use programs like EasyXX and other macro programs when you have tedious things like this in game.
The system should be changed so that if your resource is in a secure container in a home you own, it will let you chop up the logs in one go.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can understand why people use programs like EasyXX and other macro programs when you have tedious things like this in game.
The system should be changed so that if your resource is in a secure container in a home you own, it will let you chop up the logs in one go.
Logs ought to be like ore... Ore you can drop a massive pile on the floor next to your forge and just one click and done... but Logs won't let you do that.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Logs ought to be like ore... Ore you can drop a massive pile on the floor next to your forge and just one click and done... but Logs won't let you do that.
Yea I suggested that for the Autoloom too... stop making us do resource type things piecemeal. Allow us to just target the thread or wool (I also suggested hides to make cut leather) and drop the final product on the ground. Nobody wants to spend an hour pulling out 350 stones of weight at a time to refine things.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can convert massive piles of logs too. Target logs in container with axe. Drag the massive pile of logs with cursor and use last object + last target while holding the pile. The converted massive pile of boards will be placed in your backpack and you can drop it back into the container or wherever you want it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can convert massive piles of logs too. Target logs in container with axe. Drag the massive pile of logs with cursor and use last object + last target while holding the pile. The converted massive pile of boards will be placed in your backpack and you can drop it back into the container or wherever you want it.
YES that works 24k logs in 1 action. Thanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish I would have thought ahead and filled myself up with feathers, then chopped the wood. I could have made a lot of arrows at one time.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Does this still work? I thought they fixed the dragging thing so they actually need to be in your pack... maybe because it came from a secure container?

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I remember remotely that you were able to drag a massive pile and recall/gate travel , which you no longer can. Maybe that's what was fixed. @Keven2002

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I remember remotely that you were able to drag a massive pile and recall/gate travel , which you no longer can. Maybe that's what was fixed. @Keven2002
Maybe it's just with logs? I think I tried to do this with hides (to make into cut leather) and it didn't let me cut it all at once.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I put the logs on the ground. double clked axe then clicked logs. then picked them up holding the shift key, then hit last object...target last macro. The boards went into my pack, I was still holding a log graphic but when I dropped them, it went poof.