• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 112 Comes to TC1

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You would keep it open through war and homelessness but chose to close it for periods to play other games.

Okay.... :wall:
Go to New York or San Francisco and you will see homeless people paying a lot more than 15 bucks a month for drugs. Somehow they can do it.

Also I hope solders are paid enough so they can afford entertainment.

Yes I was playing other games when I chose to stop UO.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Knowing me I would have kept an account open thru all those things. When the addiction is in me, it is powerful.
Really wish I could draw but see it like this.

Pawain sees email from ea urning a firefight is is account end email. Pawain then yells hey mister Taliban stop firing I need to update my account or the idoc people will get everything. Taliban keeps firing.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
does anyone have an account with 300 months yet?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Love that they finally added a piece of Dragon Armor that actually has a damn ability function (like Dragon Armor used to), and it being a Dragon Shield (which previously didn't exist), but it really shouldn't of been an account bound 25 year Vet Reward. Throughout their next cycle of "Treasures of " Events, they should have slowly introduced an entire set of Dragon Armor with abilities (Dragon Helm that allows you to breathe fire on a cooldown, like Reptalon Form allows, Dragon Gauntlets that give a % chance to proc the "Inferno" pet ability, or one-use with cooldown, etc).

When i get more time i'll have to test and see if Eval/SDI affects the damage output of the Hildebrandt Shield, but i'm already seeing a potential conflict. The Flamestrike ability of the shield may end up breaking the Reactive Paralyze effect on some shields, i'll have to test to make sure.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
does anyone have an account with 300 months yet?
Not me. The display shows "292 months" for me, and I started in Dec '97. There are people who started earlier (Sept+ '97) and people who may have started even earlier than that by participating in Beta.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are accounts updating properly
I remember years ago there being an issue with that.
oldest account says created 7/17/99
But I closed it while I was in the Army
When I came back to UO I could find the cd code to get my old accounts back so opened 2 new accounts and those say created 3/3/04 but in game says my account is only 212 months old it should be at 215
I was finally able to reactivate one of my original accounts from 99 but it’s only 168 months old

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Because posters whined like crazy about the Serpentine dragon so they relented. You still have to be at the correct age to choose them. I think the polar bear was the first age restricted item. Some are so proud they deserved it that they are still riding them.

Would you put out an age specific reward and know you are going to get pages full of whining on the forums?
Great question, which is why I'm wondering why they are doing it now for the shield. I had the polar bear ethy when it came out and I do see the prestige of people seeing the item and knowing your account is at least X age. But then they nerfed it because people complained; I don't agree with them nerfing it but they did. Same thing with the commemorative robes that only people who attended whatever in person party it was; eventually they made those available to everyone regardless if you attended or not. Now they are deciding to specifically make the shield a 25year reward only for the prestige even though people are complaining. Seems like they aren't being consistent with their decisions of the past.

When i get more time i'll have to test and see if Eval/SDI affects the damage output of the Hildebrandt Shield, but i'm already seeing a potential conflict. The Flamestrike ability of the shield may end up breaking the Reactive Paralyze effect on some shields, i'll have to test to make sure.
I haven't done much in depth testing (like I usually do on new stuff I like) because honestly if I can't get the shield for another couple years I don't have much motivation to iron out any issues it might have. I will say in the very limited testing I have done though that the reactive paralyze does not break and although it's not very often (unless surrounded by mobs like I was in the Brit Graveyard) it can proc both FS and Reactive Para....AND it even does it in the right order (FS first then para)! Eval and SDI def play a big part: At 0 eval 0 SDI I was doing around 10-12ish damage with flamestrike / at 0 eval 35 SDI I was doing 18-20 / at 100 eval 35 SDI I was doing 50-55ish / at 120 eval 0 SDI I was doing 57-60ish / at 120 eval 35 SDI I was doing 70ish / at 120 eval and 85SDI I was doing 80ish.

I didn't have an undead slayer book to test if a slayer would give extra damage but I'd think that it might.

Also just a quick note - I only tested the shield for 10min or so and my shield durability dropped about 25 points in that time which seemed pretty quick; that said I don't know how many times people will really be surrounded letting the mob continuously hit you trying to get the FS to proc so might not be an issue.

I like your idea about the dragon armor for dynamic events; it's probably some of the coolest looking armor in the game imo which is another reason I wish they would reconsider on the shield restrictions.

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are accounts updating properly
I remember years ago there being an issue with that.
oldest account says created 7/17/99
But I closed it while I was in the Army
When I came back to UO I could find the cd code to get my old accounts back so opened 2 new accounts and those say created 3/3/04 but in game says my account is only 212 months old it should be at 215
I was finally able to reactivate one of my original accounts from 99 but it’s only 168 months old
Only time with an active subscription counts towards your account age.

Arcanis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stop complaining the rewards are fine. Thank you Dev team.

A couple of future fun ideas for rewards:

1. Entitlement deed Bestowed by King Blackthorn:
Allows you to display more titles overhead so you dont have to sacrifice your Guild tags for something else. Maybe tie it to the city loyalty or virtue system Honor and in order to maintain to overhead titles so they dont decay, you have to return lost items more often. Random generate reward for turning in lost item like a trade order turn in.

2. Herb Bush ( house lockdown)- Gives Herbs seeds as resource daily, then grow herbs and harvest, then GM cooks dry them in oven to get the dried herbs, to make the sausage and fresh seasoning.
( herb seeds cant go in raised garden beds so have to manually grow them)

3. Blackrock Pickaxe- increased chance of mining a small piece of blackrock for the stews.

4. Battle Chicken-lizard mount Chaps- fits in the clothing pants slot, not the leg armor spot,.... lets you ride a special large variety of mount sized chicken lizard. Only way to get them is to raise the eggs in coops as normal. Sprinkle Fresh seasoning on the eggs for a chance to incubate a mount sized egg that can come in 3 colors that determine quality of stats, White, Pink & Golden..... Sell the eggs, only Tamers with high enough skill can hatch pink or golden.
Make the mount have stats comparable to a CU. Only thing they eat is. Dried herbs, Dried onions or Dried flowers.

5. Sand Sifter( House Lockdown)- load it full of mined sand over and over and see what treasures fall out!

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I don't really have a problem with the shield only going to 25 yr vets. Life is too short . None of us will be around forever. Give these old timers a good ride off into the sunset with something nice .

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
25th vet reward shield is fine but wish it came with account bound transmog potion.
i dont feel i should have to buy it for the 25th year but thats just my opinion

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still want a saw mill... for dropping logs into to turn them to boards.

I'd like a Gryphon added to the game... doesn't need to be a mount but I'd like it to be... It should do maybe 50 cold and 50 poison damage or something. Also, base it off a Cu somewhat... it should have a bite and claw attack. But also a wing attack that stuns or something. Have Healing. But require 120 real taming in Taming, Lore, and Vet to tame otherwise you can't approach it to tame it ... and it will just attack you. They should maybe spawn out on the Void Isle in Ter Mur or something...

Also, I'd like tameable Fairy Dragons to spawn out there with them...

I'd like a true spider mount... not a mop ... something like a Sentinal spider made into a mount.

Garden plots... that you can grow vegetables in... carrots, Cabbage, etc... and the melons.

New recipes for foods and furnishings based on each of the virtue cities... that you can get as BOD rewards IF you are a loyal citizen to that city. Not just having a rating there... but actually being declared a citizen to that city. And be at least Admired... This would give Crafters something to trade. And if you aren't a citizen who is at least Admired you can't make the item either. This gives crafters something to work on and it gives them something they can "market"... as then you would have to find someone who can make what you want.
Yew would of course have very Ornate wooden furnishings almost "elven" in nature given they are in the woods and work closely with the elves that live there... But they are also the city of Justice... so maybe things as well for that... prison and court.
Minoc would of course have metal furnishings... given they have access to so many mines... Thinking Mining and tinkering... Sacrifice...
Trinsic would have things maybe that are more grand and sturdy... Probably stone... Honor... consider the Paladin...
Moonglow would of course have magical-themed/mage-themed furnishings... Honesty... mages...
Vesper would have probably more sea-faring-themed items... (Has no virtue)
Skara Brae would of course be themed for the huntsman/outdoorsman style... Spirituality... and animals... huntsman...
Jheloms would be more for fighters... perhaps a bit more game of thrones thronesish... weapons-based... Valor...
Britain would probably be more opulent... fancy... showy.... keeping in mind too that they are the city of Compassion.
New Magincia... Humility... Consider what they learned... maybe this should be something to do with their destruction from the demons... maybe a theme to "remember" that by... get your inner demon on.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards

I'd like a Gryphon added to the game... doesn't need to be a mount but I'd like it to be... It should do maybe 50 cold and 50 poison damage or something. Also, base it off a Cu somewhat... it should have a bite and claw attack. But also a wing attack that stuns or something. Have Healing. But require 120 real taming in Taming, Lore, and Vet to tame otherwise you can't approach it to tame it ... and it will just attack you. They should maybe spawn out on the Void Isle in Ter Mur or something...

Also, I'd like tameable Fairy Dragons to spawn out there with them...

I'd like a true spider mount... not a mop ... something like a Sentinal spider made into a mount.

Garden plots... that you can grow vegetables in... carrots, Cabbage, etc... and the melons.

New recipes for foods and furnishings based on each of the virtue cities... that you can get as BOD rewards IF you are a loyal citizen to that city. Not just having a rating there... but actually being declared a citizen to that city. And be at least Admired... This would give Crafters something to trade. And if you aren't a citizen who is at least Admired you can't make the item either. This gives crafters something to work on and it gives them something they can "market"... as then you would have to find someone who can make what you want.
Yew would of course have very Ornate wooden furnishings almost "elven" in nature given they are in the woods and work closely with the elves that live there... But they are also the city of Justice... so maybe things as well for that... prison and court.
Minoc would of course have metal furnishings... given they have access to so many mines... Thinking Mining and tinkering... Sacrifice...
Trinsic would have things maybe that are more grand and sturdy... Probably stone... Honor... consider the Paladin...
Moonglow would of course have magical-themed/mage-themed furnishings... Honesty... mages...
Vesper would have probably more sea-faring-themed items... (Has no virtue)
Skara Brae would of course be themed for the huntsman/outdoorsman style... Spirituality... and animals... huntsman...
Jheloms would be more for fighters... perhaps a bit more game of thrones thronesish... weapons-based... Valor...
Britain would probably be more opulent... fancy... showy.... keeping in mind too that they are the city of Compassion.
New Magincia... Humility... Consider what they learned... maybe this should be something to do with their destruction from the demons... maybe a theme to "remember" that by... get your inner demon on.
nice idea.
your description of Britain... fancy... showy...
automatically made me think of lacy curtains
(lace like the wedding veil)

minoc is a mining town, but also remember that their is a gypsy camp.
maybe the gypsies could teach us how to make their tents
and let them be dyeable

vesper being ship themed
pirate themed figurehead add-ons
for the front of the ship would be awesome
(for when cannons aren't in use)
1643668725769.png
just an example

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
nice idea.
your description of Britain... fancy... showy...
automatically made me think of lacy curtains
(lace like the wedding veil)

minoc is a mining town, but also remember that their is a gypsy camp.
maybe the gypsies could teach us how to make their tents
and let them be dyeable

vesper being ship themed
pirate themed figurehead add-ons
for the front of the ship would be awesome
(for when cannons aren't in use)
View attachment 126469
just an example
It's something I've considered for a LONG time. I would like to see other cities being given some love and loyalties... Like Papua, Delucia, Cove... Nujel'm... etc... As well as Ter Mur, Tokuno and such... why can't they have some loyalties and love. I'd like special things for them as well...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not me. The display shows "292 months" for me, and I started in Dec '97. There are people who started earlier (Sept+ '97) and people who may have started even earlier than that by participating in Beta.
Virtually no one should have a 300-month-old account until late September of this year (though it's possible a few might age up enough in August, as there was a "free month" given at one point due to a screwup). People who played in the Alpha and Beta didn't get to keep that time, they weren't paying a subscription.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Virtually no one should have a 300-month-old account until late September of this year (though it's possible a few might age up enough in August, as there was a "free month" given at one point due to a screwup). People who played in the Alpha and Beta didn't get to keep that time, they weren't paying a subscription.
Correct.
This is my husband's beta acct, it just turned a new month within the past 2-3 days. It'll most likely turn 25 years in Sept. later this year.

Capture.PNG

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will willingly give up my spinning wheel and loom for the loom gift. It'll also put a dent in my UOA macros by eliminating 4 spin/weave macros.
Not sure how to test this, can anyone explain how it will work? I wonder if it will be a one step process and do a bundle at once, like cannon balls. Have so many bales of cotton, too lazy to turn them into balls of yarn or cloth. This would be a must for my crafter.

Then I read above where poster suggested a container that turns logs into boards. Oh yeah! Be cool.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
...< large edit>...
Use the axe you are chopping with. No gump ... just double click the axe and target the log pile. Instant boards.

TBH, when I'm logging I have a couple packies and simply create the boards as I go. When packies full, head home, drop load and stable the beasts (or go out for more).

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should turn the woodworker's bench (currently give +5 carpentry to those under GM only) into something that turns lumber into boards en masse. Since current use is fairly pointless.

But simply targeting with an axe on a pile (wherever it is) would work as well.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Chopping logs with restock, chop and putting back to box at home/in bank.
Or just use lumberjack satchel when using wood.
We have satchel, have 1000 charge axe from huntsmaster, can use axe while banksitting. Why you want more options while we have lots of existing ones?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
When you try to chop a stack like this:
View attachment 126484

You get that msg. Would make me crazy repeating all that chopping in 300 lb piles. 150 logs.
why we're you collecting it?
You can use logs for crafting same way you use boards. Use restock more often in your macro.
Why you want it to be chopped now if you never did it before? For hoarding purposes logs and boards are totally same.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
why we're you collecting it?
You can use logs for crafting same way you use boards. Use restock more often in your macro.
Why you want it to be chopped now if you never did it before? For hoarding purposes logs and boards are totally same.
They are from my 5 Stumps that make logs. Logs weigh twice as much as boards.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Use the axe you are chopping with. No gump ... just double click the axe and target the log pile. Instant boards.

TBH, when I'm logging I have a couple packies and simply create the boards as I go. When packies full, head home, drop load and stable the beasts (or go out for more).
Doesn't work that way and some of us have stockpiles upon stockpiles of LOGS, not boards... and to convert those all to boards would take HOURS of tedious carpal-tunnel-inducing click-and-drag stuff most of us just do NOT want to do. And the stumps give LOGS... which often get dropped into a chest... not cut...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't get the flack over the 25 year shield...

I mean even if it does 10... 15... or hell even 50 damage per hit...

and even if it hits every 5th... 4th... or hell even every 2nd time...

it's PvM.. who cares? I mean is that really that big of a deal? Nah, whatever critter they are fighting was gonna die anyway. 25 years is a long damn time, 1/4 of a century.. why should those who have subbed that long not get a benefit?

and nope, I am not in the 25 year club...
and you can pull my past posts to see I am far from a Dev cheerleader...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It will take me a year or two to get there... but I'll get there... it's a neat looking shield... but IMO vets should get something neat to brag on... at least for a few years.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't get the flack over the 25 year shield...
I mean even if it does 10... 15... or hell even 50 damage per hit...
and even if it hits every 5th... 4th... or hell even every 2nd time...

it's PvM.. who cares? I mean is that really that big of a deal? Nah, whatever critter they are fighting was gonna die anyway. 25 years is a long damn time, 1/4 of a century.. why should those who have subbed that long not get a benefit?
Currently it's 5% chance if you don't have parry and 30% if you do. What PvM mage (or char with Eval & SDI) do you know that runs parry? Unless I'm missing some sort of uber PvM template that includes parry/eval we are talking about an item that will flamestrike (doing up to 100dmg or so depending on target) 5 times out of 100. If anything, I'd argue the shield effects are kind of weak for an exclusive 25 year reward.

It will take me a year or two to get there... but I'll get there... it's a neat looking shield... but IMO vets should get something neat to brag on... at least for a few years.
I have no problem with this idea... but all rewards should be like that (with exception of crafting type rewards). I get the argument that "25 years is a long time and they deserve prestige" but couldn't the same be said for an account that just turned 20 years this year and can no choose a serpentine dragon (yet anyone can ride)?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Not sure how to test this, can anyone explain how it will work? I wonder if it will be a one step process and do a bundle at once, like cannon balls. Have so many bales of cotton, too lazy to turn them into balls of yarn or cloth. This would be a must for my crafter.

Then I read above where poster suggested a container that turns logs into boards. Oh yeah! Be cool.
AutoLoom
cotton, flax or pile of wool
has to be in your backpack

you click on the loom
target the cotton (multiples of 5)
it automatically makes bolts of cloth

it only makes 30 bolts max at a time

1643817421087.png
then just use a macro for last object
and then target whatever resource you are using

DOESN"T work on wool gathered from dead sheep

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I think there is an ax from huntsman quest that takes logs from trees straight into boards in your pack. I could be wrong , I've never claimed this reward .

I usually collect wood from the orc ships and merchants. Sell the boards on vendor and craft for items using logs .

Logs don't even give cleanup points , wtf ?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I think there is an ax from huntsman quest that takes logs from trees straight into boards in your pack. I could be wrong , I've never claimed this reward .

I usually collect wood from the orc ships and merchants. Sell the boards on vendor and craft for items using logs .

Logs don't even give cleanup points , wtf ?
the huntmaster reward axe can only be used on trees.
and can be recharged using a runed switch,
but it only refills about halfway

some people are too lazy to use it though
and if you don't pay attention, you purchase their commodity deed.
it is a pain to have to chop them up

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yuk, they took away the one thing I wanted most. For deco. :( It has not been a fun UO month. Deco always calms me down. :)
I had no issue with it being a vet reward. Why would it need to be a huntsmaster's prize? ha! Just saw the pilfering protection, NOOOOOO, cant deco with that, (very well)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yuk, they took away the one thing I wanted most. For deco. :( It has not been a fun UO month. Deco always calms me down. :)
I had no issue with it being a vet reward. Why would it need to be a huntsmaster's prize? ha! Just saw the pilfering protection, NOOOOOO, cant deco with that, (very well)
i said huntmasters, because if you lose connection & can't get your body you will lose it. huntmasters because then you can quickly replace it, if you lose it.
(I did love the idea of the chest, just not the fact that you could lose it)

in late 2006 to early 2007 we had a huge ice storm that knocked out power for a couple of days. My cousin and I were in Lady M with a friend when we lost connection. He didn't lose connection because he lives in a different state than we did. He kept us healed until are characters timed out. Of course we didn't lose our bodies, because he was there with us... but if he wasn't there we would have lost everything we had. I would have hated to lose something that was a vet reward, because we couldn't get back in game. (Trees snapped the power lines & pulled meter loops off houses etc)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
1643835049429.png
just realized they removed the chest and added this

1643835443311.png 1643835452100.png
1643836621295.png
1643836632401.png
you can lock it down in your house

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1643836084367.png

Size comparison...it's PURPLE! I'm so happy.

1643836128928.png

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How long does it last and can it be dyed ?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How long does it last and can it be dyed ?

Usable once every 24 hours for 2 hours of protection.

Cannot be dyed with Tokuno or natural dyes

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shape of the pilfer item is neat, color NO. Please let us dye them. Please...