• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 112 Comes to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1/28/2022 Greetings, We are pleased to announce that Publish 112 is now available for testing on TC1. Be sure to check out the Publish 112 notes and patch up your client to check out all the new additions! See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am not getting a patch and nothing new on TC.....*sighs*

Vet Rewards
  • Monster Statuettes
    • Lion – 1 Year
    • Ossien Ram – 2 Year
    • Alchemist’s Abomination – 3 Year
  • Monster-Proof Chest
    • This non-blessed container will prevent monsters from looting the contents
    • Holds up to 8 items, 400 stones and accepts all items
    • Can be dyed using metallic dyes
    • 2 Year
  • Autoloom
    • This house-addon allows the direct conversion of flax, cotton, and wool into bolts of cloth
    • Requires a minimum of 5 resources to begin processing
      • 5 Flax -> 6 bolts of cloth
      • 5 Wool -> 3 bolts of cloth
      • 5 Cotton -> 6 bolts of cloth
    • Double click the machine and target resources to begin processing
    • Can be dyed with regular, furniture, pigment, and promo dyes
    • 5 Year
  • Map Charter
    • This house-addon powertool will store up to 1000 mapmaker’s pen charges.
    • Can be turned on/off by context menu
    • 7 Year
  • Potion Vat
    • Holds up to 10 potion kegs
    • Open and close the vat by double clicking
    • Add and remove potion kegs via context menu
    • Only accepts full potion kegs
    • Can be engraved using the wooden container engraving tool
    • Can be dyed using the furniture dye tub
    • 10 Year
  • Hildebrandt Shield
    • As special recognition for unprecedented support of Britannia, this account-bound shield is available for claim and use by accounts 25 years old or more.
    • 30 % chance to flame strike a mob on successful parry and a 5% chance to flame strike unsuccessful parry, does not proc against other players or pets.
    • Valid destination target for transmogrification potions
    • Invalid origin target for transmogrification
    • Can be dyed with metallic and promotional dyes
    • Can be repaired via blacksmithy
    • Will display an informative gump when double clicked
    • 25 Year
  • Vet Reward Title
    • Founding Citizen of Britannia
    • Available via the titles menu to accounts 25+ years old
    • 25 Year
Valentine’s Day Reward
Who loves you? The UO Team!

• The Royal Taste Tester Suit of Armor
  • Available February 14, 2022 through March 2, 2022 via reward giver
  • Provides a “Friendship Rose” once per week
  • Available in 5 common and 1 rare colors
  • Keep an eye on UO.com and the patch screen for location updates!
Misc Updates
  • Reduce the house teleporter refresh cooldown from 7 days to 1 day.
  • Resolved update issue with the Siamese Cat style mailbox.
  • Spirituality buff targeting now follows standard beneficial target requirements based on facet rules.
Classic Client
  • Increased max ignore list cap from 20 to 80.

Weird thing for a Valentine's gift?? Royal Taste Tester??? What kind of stuff do you do on Valentine's day?? ;)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The monster proof chest seems interesting but very unrealistic for use in Fel.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I can't wait to test them
and see what the valentine's gift will look like

disappointed that the map charter only holds 1000 charges
all the other stations hold 5000
(unless that was a typo)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
TC is being taken down to patch....

yippee kay Aye! :()

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1643397308100.png

Kyronix said this publish was focused on Vet Rewards.

Shield is very cool.

Loom is HUGE

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That shield looks cool, although I think the order and chaos shields are still my favourite.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1643398538384.png

Valentine's Day Suit of Armor

I am assuming the new rewards would be usable by anyone minus the shield but I don't have any younger accounts to try.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it usable by any age account
It should not be since it says what it does on the flyer. Also you have to walk into a gate to equip it if less than 25.
It is a very cool bank sitting item. The evidence so far suggests it will be account bound, so no trading.

1643398866989.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This from a clicky right ?
That's what the patch notes say. He just put the suit of armor at Brit Commons. Nothing happens when you click on it though.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Kyronix said this publish was focused on Vet Rewards.
I feel like these vet rewards are a bit of a miss tbh. Others have already mentioned this but the carto reward is useless if you are already GM carto because you don't need maps afterward.

The Autoloom (while it looks cool) is to basically take raw materials and make them into bolts of cloth but we can buy 500 bolts of cloth at a time at the tailor as many times as we want so what's the point there? Also in this day and age of UO; why do we need more than 500 bolts of cloth aside from maybe working tailoring?

The potion vat would be cool if you could just drop in any type of potion and it sorts them all for you while keeping the item count at 1 lockdown. My understanding is that this reward only takes kegs. The use of potion kegs has been obsolete for at least the past 5 years if not longer which makes this reward useless when you can literally stack 60k potions as 1 item in a secure container whereas you would be limited to 100 if using a potion keg.

The monster chest can't be blessed or insured so it's not going to be used in Fel at all or people will risk losing their vet pick. Even in tram you can still lose it if you don't get back to your body (and it only holds 8 items). So what item would really be that important that you would risk a vet reward pick so a monster wouldn't loot it? I can't think of any item in the game to make that trade off, especially when you can insure like 90% of loot in the game. That leaves what? Powerscrolls? You have to go to Fel for those so you risk your reward being looted there? It doesn't seem to make sense. This has "pops reward" written all over it so he can kill monsters in the treasures event without insuring them (he will take the time to drop the item in the chest but wont take that same time to insure it).

The shield is probably the coolest reward they did and would allow transmog too. Awesome! The catch? It's literally the only reward where they say your account must be X years old... why? They had this requirement for ethy mounts and because people complained they removed it so now even a 6month account can ride any ethy. It seems odd that they would stick this requirement on the shield; especially when it's 25 years. How many people are realistically ever going be able to claim this reward? Even if my account is 15 years old, I still need to wait another 10 years?

Then you have the typical statues/reward title which again are purely decoration and don't do much for me.

I will likely save my picks this year and try again next year.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Good things come to those who wait.
I've got 13 years to go to get mine ! Lmao

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
RE: Autoloom

I take it you don't do BOD's...or stock vendors with Arcane Clothes. I go through a LOT of cloth! And part of this game is the realism in some of it. Yes I still pick cotton and shear sheep, it's part of the game I like to play so the Autoloom will be a game changer for me.

The potion vat I haven't tested yet, but I know that I have around 50 or so full kegs laying around from when I trained Alchy. They take up a LOT of room so the vat would be helpful with storage space. I do know people still use kegs.

The monster chest....monsters do not loot containers so it's safe from that. It specifically states NOT BLESSED so you are made aware that it will remain on your corpse. You chose whether to use it or not. Some people might find it useful for the Treasures Of events so they don't either have to insure every drop or run out of the dungeon to turn one in every time they get one.

The shield is more of a status symbol. I feel that the people who have been playing and paying for 25 years deserve it.

My opinions anyway.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I´m not 100% sure but I´m somewhat certain I´ve had bags looted from me by monsters on Siege...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These machines, like the others, are deco. I am glad the shield is a 25 year reward.

Beginning players will gain skills without them or they can ask in chat to use someones and they will find plenty of volunteers, unless you play on Atlantic. Anyone on LS is welcome to use the charges in my crafting rooms on my machines.

That will teach them!
1643411445012.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Still was hoping for a "Saw Mill" keep asking but keep being denied... an item to drop stacks of logs on to turn them to boards... Keep asking...

100,000X more useful than the loom is... but I'm sure to use a loom anyway... since well I often gather my own cloth.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I can't wait for the Autoloom
this is a great addition
this will save on so much time.
people don't realize how time consuming it is
to use a spinning wheel and then a loom
in order to get bolts of cloth

this way, you just click on the loom & target your wool, cotton or flax bundle
and you automatically have your bolts of cloth.

put them in a nearby container & put more of the same in your backpack
then just use last object macro & target that resource
repeat

the one thing is, that it only makes what your backpack can hold
it don't drop bolts of cloth to the ground
like it does when you are using a regular loom
I don't mind that though, because it is lot faster.

AutoLoom.jpg

if you shear a sheep after it is dead
you can't use that wool with this tool

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Potion Vat

dyeable using a furniture dye tub
when you click on it, the top opens
(has a bubbling potion sound)
1643413581505.png
engraveable using a wooden container tool
(haven't tried this yet)

also you can only add potion kegs of the same type

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Which means you'd like like 12 of those if you're anything like me..and you can't fill bottles with it.

Not something I would use.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i think the art work over-all was good and has been on many things lately. im not sure about this monster box thing, scared about bugs/exploits. not even sure if really needed. i did a post about ideas for vet rewards, not many posted. i had hard time coming up with good ideas. anyone that wish they had better rewards needs to post ideas.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A poster on the UO forums has asked for a container so mobs would not steal petals, apples and such.

Players wanted it, they got it.

Reactions: Gem

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Which means you'd like like 12 of those if you're anything like me..and you can't fill bottles with it.

Not something I would use.
not something I plan on getting.
this would have been better as a store item

when the new BODs came out
I started putting all kegs I come across into bulk order deeds
since we have raised gardens, don't need them any more

It is awesome looking deco, but not something I would waste a vet pick on.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can't wait for the Autoloom
this is a great addition
this will save on so much time.
people don't realize how time consuming it is
to use a spinning wheel and then a loom
in order to get bolts of cloth

this way, you just click on the loom & target your wool, cotton or flax bundle
and you automatically have your bolts of cloth.

put them in a nearby container & put more of the same in your backpack
then just use last object macro & target that resource
repeat

the one thing is, that it only makes what your backpack can hold
it don't drop bolts of cloth to the ground
like it does when you are using a regular loom
I don't mind that though, because it is lot faster.

View attachment 126359

if you shear a sheep after it is dead
you can't use that wool with this tool
one reason i dont play seige is having to pick cotton and make cloth/aides lol. i could go thr 1k plus of aides a day. thanks for info

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Can the mini chest be insured ?
It wouldn't let me on test center

Would suck if it's not blessed or insured and you still lost ur stuff lol

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Chest doesn't make any sense. It should be craftable.
May be made of Grobu's fur ? Or that locked down reward pick should generate one per day /week/month.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel like these vet rewards are a bit of a miss tbh. Others have already mentioned this but the carto reward is useless if you are already GM carto because you don't need maps afterward.

The Autoloom (while it looks cool) is to basically take raw materials and make them into bolts of cloth but we can buy 500 bolts of cloth at a time at the tailor as many times as we want so what's the point there? Also in this day and age of UO; why do we need more than 500 bolts of cloth aside from maybe working tailoring?

The potion vat would be cool if you could just drop in any type of potion and it sorts them all for you while keeping the item count at 1 lockdown. My understanding is that this reward only takes kegs. The use of potion kegs has been obsolete for at least the past 5 years if not longer which makes this reward useless when you can literally stack 60k potions as 1 item in a secure container whereas you would be limited to 100 if using a potion keg.

The monster chest can't be blessed or insured so it's not going to be used in Fel at all or people will risk losing their vet pick. Even in tram you can still lose it if you don't get back to your body (and it only holds 8 items). So what item would really be that important that you would risk a vet reward pick so a monster wouldn't loot it? I can't think of any item in the game to make that trade off, especially when you can insure like 90% of loot in the game. That leaves what? Powerscrolls? You have to go to Fel for those so you risk your reward being looted there? It doesn't seem to make sense. This has "pops reward" written all over it so he can kill monsters in the treasures event without insuring them (he will take the time to drop the item in the chest but wont take that same time to insure it).

The shield is probably the coolest reward they did and would allow transmog too. Awesome! The catch? It's literally the only reward where they say your account must be X years old... why? They had this requirement for ethy mounts and because people complained they removed it so now even a 6month account can ride any ethy. It seems odd that they would stick this requirement on the shield; especially when it's 25 years. How many people are realistically ever going be able to claim this reward? Even if my account is 15 years old, I still need to wait another 10 years?

Then you have the typical statues/reward title which again are purely decoration and don't do much for me.

The loom will be nice to have on Siege and Mugen instead of spending oodles of time making your own cloth.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good things come to those who wait.
I've got 13 years to go to get mine ! Lmao
Not to be a negative Nancy on this but with the direction things have gone over the last 13 years (Dev team getting smaller / smaller publishes / etc) it's hard to say if the game will still be operating in 13 years to even claim.

Can the mini chest be insured ?
It wouldn't let me on test center
Would suck if it's not blessed or insured and you still lost ur stuff lol
The chest will not be able to be blessed or insured. It WILL drop on your corpse when you die.

A poster on the UO forums has asked for a container so mobs would not steal petals, apples and such.
Players wanted it, they got it.
Yes his name is @popps and he's made several bad suggestions over the years. He wanted treasures of items not to be lootable because he "didn't want to waste time insuring items"... so what does he get? a chest that he will need to stop and drop items in (up to 8) that will still be on his corpse when he dies and if he can't get back to his body he loses the item (filled with his stuff).

The idea of the chest is a huge miss in general because with insurance the only thing monsters will really take are reags/pots/petals... all which cost about 100gp each. So in order to protect something that is a total value of 8,000gp people will need to risk their 2nd year vet reward?

If this is going to be an item because they already put to work into it; ok fine but it should be like a huntsman challenge reward or the highest tinker BOD reward. Otherwise this is a wasted vet reward. I talked to Kyronix on TC1 about this though and they are set on it being a vet reward.

The loom will be nice to have on Siege and Mugen instead of spending oodles of time making your own cloth.
That's actually a good point; I didn't think about Siege/Mugen.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was thinking the same thing heh.
From what I gathered in keeps and or castles the ability to place or move or something with teleporter was somehow linked to the week house timer and you had to wait to move it much like pet costumes this must be something that affected messannes friends so had to be fixed....

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To clarify I'm not mad that either of those "issues" were fixed it's the fact that no one on either board reported or seemingly even knew they were issue so there is some mysterious way to report bugs that gets them fixed quickly the thing that angers me is that apparently very few people know the proper procedure...