• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Pub 108 Release 3 Comes to TC1

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm starting to think the only people they listen to are the cheats, scripters and rares collectors, they are definitely not listening to the bulk of their player-base. I spent a long time giving them the benefit of the doubt on a lot of dubious decisions, but I'm finished doing that. There has to be some reason for all the ridiculous changes they have made that played straight into the hands of the scripters, nobody can make that many bad choices by accident, certainly not when other players told them it would only help the scripters. We have still had no valid reason, in fact she refuses to give any reason, for EM event items NOT being bound to the shard they were created on. The only people entitled to those items are the people who attended, I don't mean the 20 multi-boxers either....by their own logic those EM items should also go *poof* at an IDOC, but of course they don't.

Finally seeing the light, are ye? Good!

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm starting to think the only people they listen to are the cheats, scripters and rares collectors, they are definitely not listening to the bulk of their player-base. I spent a long time giving them the benefit of the doubt on a lot of dubious decisions, but I'm finished doing that. There has to be some reason for all the ridiculous changes they have made that played straight into the hands of the scripters, nobody can make that many bad choices by accident, certainly not when other players told them it would only help the scripters. We have still had no valid reason, in fact she refuses to give any reason, for EM event items NOT being bound to the shard they were created on. The only people entitled to those items are the people who attended, I don't mean the 20 multi-boxers either....by their own logic those EM items should also go *poof* at an IDOC, but of course they don't.
Nice to see more and more people are finally catching on. You cant tell me they are not getting a piece of the scripting pie and its been that way for years.

Rafman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many shards are dead - and many players like to play across multiple shards. If you earn an item on Baja - but then want to use it on a different shard - or even sell it - i don't see the harm in that. I wouldn't want them to limit EM items to being shard bound.

Doesn't mean they shouldn't still put in measures to counter the multi-boxers - I 100% think they should - that's just not the measure i would choose.

On the topic of idocs - these changes will serve to give a huge boost to the non-scripters, who have been complaining for months/years that they never get a fair shot at idocs. Now - everyone will get a fair shot. I think the new system was very well designed in that sense, so i'm not sure what you're referring to exactly. Is it the getting rid of Vet Rewards from idoc loot?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I, for one, will never test anything again. Much less give feedback. I have decided that @Bleak @Kyronix have ZERO desire to actually listen to feedback from players. I'm sure the pom pom waving fools that pass for moderators "over there" give them all the "feedback" they need.

FYI, the "Charlie Foxtrot" we ended up with on the Treasure Chest upgrade(LOL)/debacle shows exactly how much they listened to the players!!

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have decided that @Bleak @Kyronix have ZERO desire to actually listen to feedback from players.
I'd disagree.

People complained "Treasure chest loot sucks, it needs an upgrade" and "IDOCs aren't fair for non-scripters, it needs changed" so the DEVs made them a priority item last year and this year. I personally didn't ask for any changes to those things and neither did several others but that doesn't mean people weren't complaining.

Just because the DEVs don't do exactly what you want doesn't mean they aren't listening. Just because others don't agree with you (or the other handful of people that post the same exact thing) doesn't mean they are "pom pom waving fools".

I think the true morale of the story is stop complaining and find something in UO that you do enjoy (unless it's complain...then maybe just stop playing).

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Our team is so small , there's no space to complain, all you can do is properly and well written feedback , and hope for fix/changes. Our team try to do their best to please to everyone, but we all know it's impossible to please to everyone...

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I, for one, will never test anything again. Much less give feedback. I have decided that @Bleak @Kyronix have ZERO desire to actually listen to feedback from players. I'm sure the pom pom waving fools that pass for moderators "over there" give them all the "feedback" they need.

FYI, the "Charlie Foxtrot" we ended up with on the Treasure Chest upgrade(LOL)/debacle shows exactly how much they listened to the players!!
Heard speculation that a new expansion is the "big thing" coming and I'd be terrified of what awful systems they'd add or revamp with that if that's the case.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But nobody said to reinvent the wheel. They asked for a BUMP, and look what they got. Overthought and took a lot of dev time from other things. The new system is not better for most players. No you cant please everyone, but this was a epic fail.
For some reason they cant just give something a loot bump. They have to change how it works.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For some reason they cant just give something a loot bump. They have to change how it works.
While I'd love a "bump" in loot without any other changes that would be different than any other aspect of UO.

Apply that same logic to any other skill. If we asked for a bump in the loot from a dragon... do you think they are going to keep it the same stats or do you think they would make a greater dragon? Same thing with Doom.

Instead of everyone asking for loot "bumps" maybe everyone should start asking for new content with high quality loot... if it's hard to get that's up to people that want to do the new content versus the average person who never asked for anything to change (but is impacted regardless). Last time we did that we got Exodus and Shadowguard... where the best loot these days comes from. Hmmmmm.

That said... I'd love to know what content we can expect in Pub 109 now that IDOCs changes are going live :)

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well now that you mention it, bumping up gold for mid range monsters like a dragon
would help the gold gap for players who are not platinumeers (sp?) or geared and
skilled out to catch up a bit.

Before you say, "but scripters" the gold is not upped for EJ accounts.

Just an immediate thought with that dragon loot bump comment.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They only forgot to upgrade the loot while working a whole year on it. Instead even reduced it :bdh:
In your opinion (and actually mine) the loot wasn't significantly increased but to the Devs it was a "loot bump". I'm not going to argue the Tmap publish was anywhere close to good because in my opinion it wasn't. What I'm trying to say is that people complained and the Devs took action that technically could be considered a bump.

People basically said "I want better items in T-Chests; they have too much junk in them that's all trash". So what did the Devs do? They slashed the amount of items and increased intensity of items in the chest so more Legendary items spawned. From the Devs point of view they probably thought this was a bump in loot and technically there are WAY more legendary items in chests now than before... they just aren't worth a damn compared to Shadowguard drops. It's like the story of the blind men and the elephant. All depends on where you stand *shrug*

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We haven't done the top level chests, but the cache level definitely has increased in quality of loot, used to be rarely a relic frag among the unraveled items, and now a lot of them have that level. And it is really a BIG improvement those stackable things like gems now come in 1 pile, instead of all seperate! Maps just go a lot faster now.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not going to list all the items they bumped to *zero* percent drop rate on the high end maps again. I open those treasure chests and instead of a wild mix of everything they just contain a lot of nothing. I never did them for relics.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
"Again" suggests you did so before, could you provide a link perhaps for us to see what we missed out on before?
BTW, we also never did maps for the RF's, but we don't shy away from them and we did notice an increase so saying it only reduced is simply not true.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Again" suggests you did so before, could you provide a link perhaps for us to see what we missed out on before?
BTW, we also never did maps for the RF's, but we don't shy away from them and we did notice an increase so saying it only reduced is simply not true.
You can go through my old posts to find examples. I don't bookmark my posts and am not looking to search for it.

Have you already forgotten how loot in a devious or diabolical chest used to look? :bdh:

Here is one example, but you will easiely find more:

1584799907244.png

Simply removed from devious and diabolical maps. Zero percent drop chance in the fun layers. Don't try to sell me supply maps as fun hunting activity. One hit area spell all guardians is hardly PvM and for those that do enjoy no challenge easy mode we already had low level maps.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna and the development team, together with the scripting and duping team, have gone to eat a pizza together and are laughing in the face of those who pay and are made fun of! this is the one and only truth. do not make yourself bitter blood, they are only pixels and this situation nobody, unfortunately, can change it!
Ridiculouos...
all in the "Lady Mesanna" hands....
lol