• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time to babble likes its 2006

S

Soam414

i really don't like healing w chivalry. with casting speed and mana cost it's basically the equivalent of magery =/
but if it comes down to it i'd drop healing i suppose.
tactics supposedly is expendable now too.
120 Swords
120 Resist
120 Parry
100 Bushido
100 Med
80 Lore(GM if needed)
80 Chiv

something im kicking around at the moment cause it'd be extremely different and new to not have anat, tact, or healing. =p
probably be fun. but maybe i wouldnt do so well with that template. we'll wait and see.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just go to some of the damage calculators and see how much damage anat and tactics at different levels adds.

S

Soam414

these changes suck im reading about them. they are making arties useless basically.

they should have never implemented them in the first place if they didnt intend for them to be overpowering. people aren't going to work extra hard to obtain items that suck.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good, make em useless. you production shard tram lovers are too attacted to your items. it has to be risk vs. reward. if you want to use great items to PvP and PvM do it, but there has to be some chance of losing them.

everytime i get killed while im farming on siege i lose a 1200 or better medable luck suit. if it while im PvPing i lose a 70 resist suit with a few mods and a 1/2 at least.

S

Soam414

I wouldn't mind if all shards were fel only. I live in fel for a reason, sometimes you HAVE to fight morons.
You are bringing up a topic irrelevant to artifact nerfing.

They shouldn't have implemented artifacts in the first place if they were going to go ahead and make it so they aren't much better then regular items. They are hard to obtain and they should be powerful.

What you're talking about is insurance, and that's a whole nother issue. Insurance isn't going anywhere on production shards. It's here to stay.

The whiners always shape the direction of UO.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

The whiners always shape the direction of UO

[/ QUOTE ]

that one i will have to agree with on 100%

S

Soam414

i vote revert back to old uo.

if they allowed char xfers to siege i'd be there

but i have no desire to start all over again, for that i'd go to WoW.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as much as i loved the old days the game has changed and ive adapted so i dont want a total revert. in my eyes the game would improve 100x if there was no insurance, no instance corpses, and looting coprses in tram.

i understand that game is item based now so i could see having one item that you can bless through you paper doll like on siege. other than that if you want to use good [censored] you may lose it.

S

Soam414

all these issues production shards are having w the whiners would be solved if insurance was taken away. problem=solved. no more complicated solutions.

people are doing max damage in pvm and pvp because there is no risk. you invest all your money into the best armor weapons and jewels and you have them for the rest of your life you can wear them whenever you want and not care. if people had to worry about losing a jackals collar or a ornament of magician, etc, they wouldn't hunt with it.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uh huh. im not saying PvP is balanced on siege because you still have the people who are willing to run with great [censored] fighting people with average suits but its not anywhere near as bad as production shards.

S

Soam414

I want to know who asked for item insurance, i sure dont remember people asking for it. lol

S

Soam414

i insured my val weps and ran to fel and went nuts.

when AoS first hit, people didn't really have much answer for a double strike val axe. but after a bit of time passed i was facing a bunch of parry/necro types and couldn't get by with just chasing people down with the axe.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep. its so nice to be able to get strangle off instead of running around on my mage not being able to cast. the only thing is you can get full off of them like any other food then your [censored] outta luck

S

Soam414

lmao. you gotta run around starving all the time thats the trick.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the only time i eat is when im out of refresh pots and i have to push though something or someone

S

Soam414

for the first month, i ate every day about every 5mins cause i thought i'd die if i didnt.

S

Soam414

I used to run everywhere, i didn't know about runebooks.
I'd run all around the place from Vesper. Discovered other towns and graveyards and such. Then just come back to Vesper because it was the only town I knew. once i got gated into del and spent months there with no clue how to get out. so i became a tailor/warrior. slayed the cows and made leather armor to sell to the npc. i made a ton of gold doing this. and had fun too. lol

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i missed a steal on a 120 mage last night on siege. a heal wand got stuck on my mouse :[

S

Soam414

SoamAzing1 was my forum name i think?

i dont know i've had a bunch of registered names on stratics-only one has had more then 1k posts though. and that one had like 9k before the crash...
after the crash i had trouble getting my name/posts back.

L

Loke of ls

I lost exactly 1k posts, but I got em back :&gt;
I lost my reg. date tho :&lt;

S

Soam414

i didnt remember my password. at some point i got my old username back but it wouldnt restore the posts and i wasnt really playing UO at the time so i didnt have much interest in posting.

it'd be nice to have that many posts again so i dont look like a stratics noob. i'd probably be at 10k or near it by now.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
eveyone on siege is joining factions for the monster ignore. its fun to gate to all the banks and kill people when they dont expect it.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea, it costs 40 life force and for an hour monsters wont target you. it can be broken if you hit a monster with magic or mele tho.

R

Rammel

Since this is the babble thread, I would just like to get on my soap box and complian about how UO has been treating the melee fighters of late. It doesnt really pay to be a melee fighter anymore, we cant fight anything of worth, you have to be an archer to snag anything like peerless or doom, melee has no place there. Something needs to be done, every once in a while UO throws us a bone, like chivalry, but then we get shafted again, can we make tanks really tanks plz? I think the melee fighters need to unionize!
Bring back VANQ!
Gen. Rammel

S

Soam414

the trouble is that if they made melee more powerful for PvM, it would likely unbalance pvp in the process.

with the right equipment, a regular paladin non-archer(swords/fencing/macing) can take on just about any monster in the game though...

warriors were a supremely underpowered class for many years before chivalry was introduced. they've done a lot to make this game better. before, dungeons used to be run by tamers and bards. then they nerfed bards and it was only tamers for a while. now, you go to a dungeon/doom/peerless and you see archers, tamers, warriors, mages. everyone can compete.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP wise i say things are fine. they really need to take a look at PvP though. they needed to fix PvP for a few years now

S

Soam414

path im turning my parry/swords into a red, i need a badass template/suit setup...any ideas?

right now im
120 swords
120 parry
100 tact
100 anat
100 resist
100 heal
80 chivalry

this char gets whooped at yew fel gate, even w 70's resist suit.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
first off i may not give the best advice because im always thinking siege wise and i dont play warriors but i can help some.

the first thing you have to decide is what you wanna go with. necro warrior can be really nice on a prodo shard because its very item dependent but you got insurance.

oh, and drop the parry right away unless you want to use bushido and a 2 handed wep, otherwise its a waste in pvp

personally my favorite temp right now would be the mage/ninja with a wepon skill. its just nuts how much damage you can put out with that in a short amount of time. i know you dont like to play mages but think this one over

120 ninja
120 swords (i would go mace i think but since you have swords thats fine)
120 mage
120 med
120 eval
120 resist

that is what i would run on siege but you can get even more crazy if you got an all 70 suit with mana regain equal to 120 med which should not be hard at all. that is another 120 points that you can put in something.

open with a death strike, go up to em so your swining. if they stay hit em with another death strike, and use the magery to finish them off. if they run, they are taking the full death strike then they are in trouble

for helaing you have magery, pots, and wolf form for the dismount. pretty solid temp imo.

ninja is the best skill in the game. it gives you offence and defence. think about it.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh, and even another option on that ninja temp is to use the staff of the magi then you can cut out the wep skill. the problem with that is only haveing magery too heal with though.