• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Throw us in a sandbox (fel only shards)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would be the thrill, of you can't get looted/can't loose your stuff/can't steal?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
What would be the thrill, of you can't get looted/can't loose your stuff/can't steal?
For some, that may be scary enough, you can still lose piles of resources, I don't think you can insure stacks, but I could be wrong.
As long Siege do not get Item Insurance, it's all fine.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what was said in a couple 1000+ threads on the making a pre-tram shard, there is the likely problem that the kill-crazy pkers would once again just slaughter anyone who left town to the point no one other than the pkers were having any fun. There was no thrill for crafters, they just left town, died, rezzed, resupplied, left town, died, rezzed, etc, etc. You have to be able to occasionally survive long enough to gather materials and craft using them to have fun being a crafter, survive at least once in a while.

Apparently the "dark, stupid, brain dead dev, etc, etc" RoT keeps most pkers off Siege so crafters getting killed here is low risk, not the near sure thing of the pre-tram days.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We had lots of crafters and PvM'ers in the past, where we had large PK guild on the shard. Don't worry, they will be there

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am all for Fel only shard(s) as long as they get rid of Fel on production ones.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time and time again, we have issues with trammel players vs fel players, the latest stratics drama is another spin off from the pvp vs carebear community.
We have so many issues all the the time where the devs introduce new content, then don't realise or care how it affects the pvp community. When certain things are only available to trammel players.

I don't understand why we all have to play in the same sandpit. If there was one or more fel only shards, where the whole land was fel ruleset (non transferrable), the fel players and pvp community can play there while the trammel players can play on their shards. And no i don't mean like Siege, I mean a real shard with item insurance, events, eodan.

This would make an end to so many conflicts.
What Mervyn is saying is that today all blue players (not pkillers) can do everything that only a pkiller could do before, meaning that they can kill a blue without any trouble. The problem is that the blues can defend themselves and succeed and they can move everywhere on the map, something that the red pkillers can't.

This has been a problem to all pkillers, and I have some suggestions.

1-) To allow a pkiller walk everywhere (Tramell e IIshenar), but only to kill monsters (pvm), expanding the proibition of non consensual attacks to Tramell. They could harvest resources there too;

2-) I don't know if that's possible, but today the pkillers, even in Felluca, attack in groups. Would be possible to use the honor virtue on a pvp battle? For example: If you attack a player, he could only be attacked by one pkiller at time, under sentence of the pkiller taking all the damage on themselves, and not limit this to the current 15%.

Of course the pkillers are going to complain, but I believe that these suggestions would increase the spawn of blues at Felluca

Please, think about it.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Preventing the pkers from once again doing what they did to force trammel to be made and driving out all crafters and PvMers would be your biggest obstacle to an all fel shard succeeding. How do you plan to control the pkers enough to keep crafters on the shard from just going back to one of the prodo shards because their being slaughtered to much to get any crafting done on this new shard?
I mainly do crafting on Europa, i don't often have to leave my house/guardzone with my crafter, i occassionally lumberjack and i do it in fel, i've never had any issues.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Maybe. I really think all the "single character, nerfed skill gain, etc etc" hardcore crap on Siege has been an anchor around it's neck.
I think the lack of insurance is the biggest weakness of Siege. Everything else you can adjust to and play the same templates/gear as you can on the Prodo shards.

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no chance of a fel only shard ever being made and there will never be non-consensual pvp in any other facet but Fel for the rest of the lifespan of this game. Another thing that is never going to happen is that Fel. will never be removed from a production shard.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no chance of a fel only shard ever being made and there will never be non-consensual pvp in any other facet but Fel for the rest of the lifespan of this game. Another thing that is never going to happen is that Fel. will never be removed from a production shard.
oh thanks for the clarification Messana MightySmith

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But even on a fel only shard, it would still be possible to enjoy the economy without doing any pvp.
LMAO Was that how it worked in UO Pre-Tram, we could really play without worrying about being killed.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Teamwork, guild belong of both crafters, PvM'ers and PvP'ers. The PvP'ers try to protect their crafters and farmers.

Second, most do not kill the crafter or the farmer, who sell them, what they need.
That did not work Pre-Tram and would not work here either.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few changes would make Siege worth playing for the ones who want a Fel only shard but I rather see a new clean shard made, where most of the ruleset are like on Siege.

Allow 5-7 chars
Allow players to choose, RoT gain or normal shard skill as an option for their char
Fel bonus on all facets, +1000 luck, 2x resource/fame
VvV on all facets like on Siege
Item Insurance? I would say no but that's my opinion.
If no Item Insurance, add 15% basis resist both to new loot and to crafted items.
Allow any kind of recall like on normal shards
One house on Fel/Siege shards and one house on Trammel shards. Here need to be added a kind of refresh. If house owner account had not visited the house for 6 month, let it drop no matter if on Trammel or Fel shard.
The Trammel facet? I would not need it but a lot like the old towns without VvV for doing other stuff.

I would not like not like mega changes on Siege without a clean new Shard too as Siege have an old community and a new shard with a chance to place a house, would be better for the ones moving from Trammel shards.

Will there be players to fill 2 shards? I believe there will if rules are right.
pretty sure most of malas alone is empty enough or 100-200 players to pop a 1818 down

Governor Ma Nerva

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
seige is a great place to get your pvp fix. there is still plenty of room for houses.
i did hear of talk that a cross shard event allowing players to go to a exclusive pvp area was once in the works. you of course could only bring back rewards from event, not things you killed other people for. anyone hear anymore on this lately?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It did work fine, also in the start of Siege, before we was forced to get AoS.
Sorry Pre Tram was a cluster and that is why Tram was done. SP is totally different because of the 1 char people work together more.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We are not forced to work together. We choose to work together.
you are right forced was probly the wrong word to use but people tend to work together more on SP than any shard Pre-Tram ever thought of doing.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The main attraction to the shard would be that it's non transferrable, globalization ruined the game economy.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You got this on Siege, too. And you are right, shard transfers are one of the worst things ever implemented.

Honestly, if you want non-consensual PVP everywhere and no shard-transfers, Siege is the place to be. RoT works nicely with SoAs or Mythic Token. One char limit is no issue with Soulstones and the lack of insurance makes crafting and trading and farming stuff more important. The balance over there is fantastic.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this a joke thread?

Plenty of "PvPer's" do things other than just PVP, and plenty who would not call themselves PVP'ers enjoy dabbling on occasion.

Why in the world would anybody want to shrink an already dwindling and too far spread-out population even more?

Creating a forum account just to bump this! I am pretty sure a feluccia only production shard would do extremely well as far as having an active player base. The facts are out there, numerous people are playing on the feluccia only rule set still today, except they have to do it on non-production shards.

For me, I am pretty into PvM. I like farming gold, skilling up characters, making crafters. I love that. But I also like to work on PvP characters. I am about a 50/50 playstyle. Lots of times my PvM and crafting is just to feed my pvp'er because to be honest I was never that good at it! However, the risk/reward of heading out of town and knowing I can lose stuff makes the game more interesting to me, and is my preference. Here's the thing for me. When trammel was created on every single server, it meant that people could farm without much risk. And it made feluccia less fun because there were less people farming there now, less action, less interesting. On the other side, PvM became too easy for me, and to be honest a bit boring without the risk factor there. I could play numerous other games if I wanted to PvM without risk.

I play on a feluccia only server right now and it is pretty cool. I thought I was safe training swords and got PK'd in two seconds in shame. Then I came up with a better strategy and farmed ogres outside of Brit like a boss. Down on the east road. Saw a couple blues but no PK's. Finally got another runebook...

Ryofel Rootkeepr
UOF
GM Swords
GM Hiding
GM Tactics
GM Anatomy
GM Healing
100 in an unknown skill
60 in an ancient skill
40 in an mystery skill

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I play on a feluccia only server right now and it is pretty cool. I thought I was safe training swords and got PK'd in two seconds in shame. Then I came up with a better strategy and farmed ogres outside of Brit like a boss. Down on the east road. Saw a couple blues but no PK's. Finally got another runebook...
We do have 2 Fel only servers Siege Perilous and Mugen, but sadly some rules like no recall, only one char and a problem with items being to hard to replace when looted, stop from choosing the shards.
Before AoS, we had a lot of PvP on Siege but now it take way to long to replace a suit or cost to much.

I'm not the one to say, what rules a new Fel only shard should have but I do believe Siege and Mugen need a few changes too. I'm sure Devs would want the same ruleset on bot so they do not have to put up with 3 ruleset.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We do have 2 Fel only servers Siege Perilous and Mugen, but sadly some rules like no recall, only one char and a problem with items being to hard to replace when looted, stop from choosing the shards.
Before AoS, we had a lot of PvP on Siege but now it take way to long to replace a suit or cost to much.

I'm not the one to say, what rules a new Fel only shard should have but I do believe Siege and Mugen need a few changes too. I'm sure Devs would want the same ruleset on bot so they do not have to put up with 3 ruleset.
Fix SP and Mugen, we do not need another Fel only shard to further split the community. More Char Slots and maybe allow recall but as far as items go this is the closest you can get to pre AoS and using player made items that can be replaced, you know kind of like the way real PvP used to be prior to the itemization of UO.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"Throw us in a sandbox (fel only shards)" = Siege Perilous and Mugen. If the OP wants to discuss changes or modifications to these two shards, fine. Other than that this discussion is going nowhere, we already have too many shards as it is...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... this discussion is going nowhere, we already have too many shards as it is...
A couple dozen fun rural feel medieval like shards and a crowded mob scene zoo known as Atlantic. There are also two fel rules only shards available that can't be moved to or from, why should the tiny dev team waste time making another fel only shard? We have them already.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Fix SP and Mugen, we do not need another Fel only shard to further split the community. More Char Slots and maybe allow recall but as far as items go this is the closest you can get to pre AoS and using player made items that can be replaced, you know kind of like the way real PvP used to be prior to the itemization of UO.
Siege PvP'ers do not run in GM suit, they like to max out their suits as mush as they can afford. We had looked at what could help us balance it vs no item insurance.

- do away with 3x prices. Gems to normal shards price and better drop of gem from spawn (Gems are very expensive when imbuing suits)
- Less vendor fee, also for stall vendors (We have so many different kind of items and if you stock your vendor, he may only sell some of them, even when cheap and you will not get any profit)
- Better drop of all imbuing resources (This will help the crafters to sell cheaper suits, special 1/3 jewelry are expensive)
- 15% more basis resist on crafted and new loot items (This will spare a lot of gems and time when making a 5x70 resist suit)
- Better drop of runic tools in heartwood (This will help making good stuff from reforging)
- Better drop of artifacts, all kind except deco (That will make it easier to make suits mixed of artifacts and Imbuing)
- 2 char slots (Siege players like to roleplay, for many it do not work well with one char and lots of soulstones)
- Maybe half the time between RoT gain (RoT is not a big problem but a lot have heard a lot bad about it. It is way faster now)
- Recall (special Warriors do have hard get around without recall).

Some of this wishes will take harder to code than others but if Devs at least could fix a few at them at each public, we would move forward.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Siege PvP'ers do not run in GM suit, they like to max out their suits as mush as they can afford. We had looked at what could help us balance it vs no item insurance.

- do away with 3x prices. Gems to normal shards price and better drop of gem from spawn (Gems are very expensive when imbuing suits)
- Less vendor fee, also for stall vendors (We have so many different kind of items and if you stock your vendor, he may only sell some of them, even when cheap and you will not get any profit)
- Better drop of all imbuing resources (This will help the crafters to sell cheaper suits, special 1/3 jewelry are expensive)
- 15% more basis resist on crafted and new loot items (This will spare a lot of gems and time when making a 5x70 resist suit)
- Better drop of runic tools in heartwood (This will help making good stuff from reforging)
- Better drop of artifacts, all kind except deco (That will make it easier to make suits mixed of artifacts and Imbuing)
- 2 char slots (Siege players like to roleplay, for many it do not work well with one char and lots of soulstones)
- Maybe half the time between RoT gain (RoT is not a big problem but a lot have heard a lot bad about it. It is way faster now)
- Recall (special Warriors do have hard get around without recall).

Some of this wishes will take harder to code than others but if Devs at least could fix a few at them at each public, we would move forward.
Like where you are headed with this except for the 2 Char slot, it should be the same as all shards that way it gives more versatility to your account or at least 4-5.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Like where you are headed with this except for the 2 Char slot, it should be the same as all shards that way it gives more versatility to your account or at least 4-5.
Would be ok with me but very few Siege players agree I fear

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Fix yer shards! Siege is fine!

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More characters would be nice, particularly if we could bring them in one way from prodo shards naked as the day they were born, all their skills, no gear, no gold.

Making the rune books and rune atlas take Gate scroll charges for those magically clueless folks to use to get around would be a good change as well. Pkers can't follow through a Recall spell, Gates they can be lead into unhealthy places like guard zones. :gee:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My proposal is NOT to have a pre trammel shard ruleshard.
But to have all of eodan, all of current trammel, all of fel lost lands, all of luna and malas, all of ilshenar. But have them under fel ruleset.
So you'd basically be deleting all of the current fel Britannia and all of trammel lost lands, and the remainder will be under fel ruleset.
Non transferrable would mean that resources such as wood and iron would not be worthless as you wouldn't be able to afk script very easily. Well you can try but you might return to a grey screen quite often.

This way you get all the current content only not so spread out as there's slightly less land mass.

Added 23/4/16: the luck would be normal trammel luck rates (no need to double it everywhere), tokuno, ilsh, and labyrith champs should drop full 120s.
They would need to add the star room, and VvV in the towns.
You have 2 problems with your request. 1 is you don't seem to understand that adding all that space will be a problem in itself. It's hard enough at time to find people in fel for a fight unless you go to certain areas. Adding all these other areas is just going to increase that problem and if pvp and all the fun that comes with is what you what you are shooting yourself in the foot.

2, you need to focus your energy on something you can actually get. Don't ask for the same thing people have been asking for 16 years now. Ask for fel content. Now, here is the tricky part; the rewards for a new fel area should be combat based to match the ruleset. Don't ask for deco or items that all pvm players want. Get rank or combat system bonus that won't benefit them. Ask for a true combat system and not a mirror of the other side's needs. Break away from the carrot on a stick approach and make the reward a true pvp reward and you will get more from the system.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is an old thread, however it seems over time, shard bound items have proved more popular with people requesting more of them, also it seems multi client scripting has become a big concern lately, scripting would not be such an iss

It seems to me that the main reason the Snowflakes scream and say no! to BS setting up a fel shard (which would take all of 5 mins) is because they know it will be popular and will make their Snowflake obtained items worthless.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time and time again, we have issues with trammel players vs fel players, the latest stratics drama is another spin off from the pvp vs carebear community.
We have so many issues all the the time where the devs introduce new content, then don't realise or care how it affects the pvp community. When certain things are only available to trammel players.

I don't understand why we all have to play in the same sandpit. If there was one or more fel only shards, where the whole land was fel ruleset (non transferrable), the fel players and pvp community can play there while the trammel players can play on their shards. And no i don't mean like Siege, I mean a real shard with item insurance, events, eodan.

This would make an end to so many conflicts.

Got no issues with it tbh.

It's an interesting one, you see things one way, I see them another.
Everyone is trying to get rid of the current batch of condensed lame arse item superstars (can't call them pvpers anymore tbh), Siege quite rightly doesn't want them, no-one really wants them, so put them on their own server is a good idea. I think you would be surprised at how empty it would be, but at least Gen Chat would be busy. :)

How do you see Tram shards going after that?
They delete Fel?
They maintain Fel? If so, some players would continue to play there, me probably amongst them, in fact I don't think so many would move out, as they wouldn't be able to find their easy targets, remember these people won't go to Siege, as they can't handle the proper PvP ruleset.

The more I think about it, Siege is the true answer for the last true PvP.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd play there. Doesn't have to be complicated. Just a standard shard with fel ruleset across the board. Worth a shot if it had some following.

Tbh I like the siege concept but, again, everyone is a stealther because they are gunna be as defensive as possible so they don't lose their imbued junk suits. My other issue with siege is the one char slot. It's not popular enough to rely on others so you have to soulstone everything you need and want to do

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgetting all the bait devs have put in Fel to draw in victims for the pkers? Like 120 powerscrolls?
Is this sarcastic? If not you ironically have listed literally ALL of the bait... power scrolls are the only thing fel has.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is this sarcastic? If not you ironically have listed literally ALL of the bait... power scrolls are the only thing fel has.
I'm telling you the luck bonus is worth going there. Seriously for some reason it seems more evident than 1000 luck on items.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was no thrill for crafters, they just left town, died, rezzed, resupplied, left town, died, rezzed, etc, etc.
lol... that's nonsense. That's like the people who say when step out of town on sige they are beset by a hoard of rezz killing reds. I was a crafter/pvmer I left town and lived every single day, and it was a goddamn thrilling time to play, unquestionably the best period of this game.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm telling you the luck bonus is worth going there. Seriously for some reason it seems more evident than 1000 luck on items.
Well in terms of drop anyway... I honestly don't pay enough attention to luck to notice.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Champ Spawns/Powerscrolls.
Harrower/Stat Scrolls
Double gathering resources - love this one.
1000 bonus luck - massive impact.
Additional SoT scrolls in T Chests.
VvV/VvV rewards - yippee! - that was sarcastic. :)

Some people don't know Fel very well. :)

Last edited:

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
A few changes would make Siege worth playing for the ones who want a Fel only shard but I rather see a new clean shard made, where most of the ruleset are like on Siege.

Allow 5-7 chars
Allow players to choose, RoT gain or normal shard skill as an option for their char
Fel bonus on all facets, +1000 luck, 2x resource/fame
VvV on all facets like on Siege
Item Insurance? I would say no but that's my opinion.
If no Item Insurance, add 15% basis resist both to new loot and to crafted items.
Allow any kind of recall like on normal shards
One house on Fel/Siege shards and one house on Trammel shards. Here need to be added a kind of refresh. If house owner account had not visited the house for 6 month, let it drop no matter if on Trammel or Fel shard.
The Trammel facet? I would not need it but a lot like the old towns without VvV for doing other stuff.

I would not like not like mega changes on Siege without a clean new Shard too as Siege have an old community and a new shard with a chance to place a house, would be better for the ones moving from Trammel shards.

Will there be players to fill 2 shards? I believe there will if rules are right.
Siege would be fine if they just had normal skill gains in place in my opinion. Maybe the ability to sell **** stuff to npcs or normal npc prices to buy. That's about the only tweak it needs.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The economy is still one of the nicest parts of Siege. I think ROT, 1 character and no insurance are great. Could I live with insurance - sure but it would take away from Siege look and feel. Selling things to NPCs is what partially ruined all the other shards economies.