• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Throw us in a sandbox (fel only shards)

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time and time again, we have issues with trammel players vs fel players, the latest stratics drama is another spin off from the pvp vs carebear community.
We have so many issues all the the time where the devs introduce new content, then don't realise or care how it affects the pvp community. When certain things are only available to trammel players.

I don't understand why we all have to play in the same sandpit. If there was one or more fel only shards, where the whole land was fel ruleset (non transferrable), the fel players and pvp community can play there while the trammel players can play on their shards. And no i don't mean like Siege, I mean a real shard with item insurance, events, eodan.

This would make an end to so many conflicts.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Time and time again, we have issues with trammel players vs fel players, the latest stratics drama is another spin off from the pvp vs carebear community.
LMAO and this is your respectful way to open up a PvP thread.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We have so many issues all the the time where the devs introduce new content, then don't realise or care how it affects the pvp community. When certain things are only available to trammel players.
Hold on a second, I need to check to see if I care....

... No, it doesn't appear that I do. Sorry.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

I don't understand why we all have to play in the same sandpit. If there was one or more fel only shards, where the whole land was fel ruleset (non transferrable), the fel players and pvp community can play there while the trammel players can play on their shards. And no i don't mean like Siege, I mean a real shard with item insurance, events, eodan.

This would make an end to so many conflicts.
How do we bring people to a fel only shard?

What do you have in mind for the ruleset.

Pre-trammel with existing mechanics?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you have in mind for the ruleset.

Pre-trammel with existing mechanics?
He needs to come to Siege and show he's a good enough fighter that he can kick rump without the super armor the folks in fel have to have or shiver in their boots so badly their armor shakes off them onto the ground. Insurance is for frightened whimps

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
He needs to come to Siege and show he's a good enough fighter that he can kick rump without the super armor the folks in fel have to have or shiver in their boots so badly their armor shakes off them onto the ground. Insurance is for frightened whimps
If Siege had more than one character slot I probably play. I do have a Mage sitting there but haven't been around enough to finish him past 115

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If Siege had more than one chat slot I probably play. I do have a Mage sitting there but haven't been around enough to finish him past 115
A few changes would make Siege worth playing for the ones who want a Fel only shard but I rather see a new clean shard made, where most of the ruleset are like on Siege.

Allow 5-7 chars
Allow players to choose, RoT gain or normal shard skill as an option for their char
Fel bonus on all facets, +1000 luck, 2x resource/fame
VvV on all facets like on Siege
Item Insurance? I would say no but that's my opinion.
If no Item Insurance, add 15% basis resist both to new loot and to crafted items.
Allow any kind of recall like on normal shards
One house on Fel/Siege shards and one house on Trammel shards. Here need to be added a kind of refresh. If house owner account had not visited the house for 6 month, let it drop no matter if on Trammel or Fel shard.
The Trammel facet? I would not need it but a lot like the old towns without VvV for doing other stuff.

I would not like not like mega changes on Siege without a clean new Shard too as Siege have an old community and a new shard with a chance to place a house, would be better for the ones moving from Trammel shards.

Will there be players to fill 2 shards? I believe there will if rules are right.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some pretty good ideas here. The new shards should significantly different from Siege so that they don't cannibalize each other.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My proposal is NOT to have a pre trammel shard ruleshard.
But to have all of eodan, all of current trammel, all of fel lost lands, all of luna and malas, all of ilshenar. But have them under fel ruleset.
So you'd basically be deleting all of the current fel Britannia and all of trammel lost lands, and the remainder will be under fel ruleset.
Non transferrable would mean that resources such as wood and iron would not be worthless as you wouldn't be able to afk script very easily. Well you can try but you might return to a grey screen quite often.

This way you get all the current content only not so spread out as there's slightly less land mass.

Added 23/4/16: the luck would be normal trammel luck rates (no need to double it everywhere), tokuno, ilsh, and labyrith champs should drop full 120s.
They would need to add the star room, and VvV in the towns.

Last edited:

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for the house refresh 6 months - show the last refresh date in the house GUI and send an email to the user account if house comes within 1 month and then 1 week of falling.

what to gain from pvp killing someone? taking their suit is about all their is to take (when no item insurance).
is that really SOOOOO important that we cannot have item insurance to allow everyone who is scared to lose their suit to even go into the whole pvp? is that really the solo goal of all pvp players? to get their suit?

you want more players out there doing it? then have item insurance (maybe limit it to 1 item per slot only - so 6 items total)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once a year I attempt to train a character on Siege. Then I am reminded of the horrors of Rot. Then I give up
Horrors? Just play the game and RoT is not a problem, unless your the gotta-be-max-skill-or you-can't-have-fun type. Enjoy all that game there is to play below top end skill. The people who made UO made all that game for a reason you know.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt I would have any interest in this 'new' shard but it is a damn good idea (even if it is an old idea) and I'm somewhat surprised it never came to fruition.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
These folks have no clue what they ask for.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Siege should be the only server with a Felucca rules facet, make all regular servers Trammel ruleset only.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tell you the truth, this is why trammel players are against the idea. They know that the economy is fueled by pvp, if people didn't gain items to use in pvp, the game would all be about deco. The trammel players are afraid because the fel players will leave them to bathe in their decos while we all get on and thrive in our own economy.
It's interesting how the trammel players accuse pvpers of being vile etc all the time, however I tell you the truth, it is they who persistently supress us

And to people saying the shard would be dead, they are afraid.
Why would anyone play in fel on any other shard?
It would take 5 mins to build the shard, I say build it, and let the figures speak. Prove us wrong.

If you trammel players hate us so much to the point that you will peristently supress and troll pvp related posts, why not just let us play our game and leave us alone?

Last edited:

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I tell you the truth, this is why trammel players are against the idea. They know that the economy is fueled by pvp, if people didn't gain items to use in pvp, the game would all be about deco. The trammel players are afraid because the fel players will leave them to bathe in their decos while we all get on and thrive in our own economy.
Hahaha yeah, that must be what it is. It couldn't possibly be that there have been tumbleweeds blowing through Felucca since the days when people were still using AOL, and the notion of creating more Felucca-rules shards in 2016 is transparently a terrible idea. Nope, we must just be terrified of something something economy something or other.

Actually you know what, fine, I'm down with this idea. Because once they create this PVP shard, they can Trammelize all the Felucca lands on the old shards. After all, you're all going to move to the new shard anyway, right?

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, if they opened up a fresh server, no transfers to or off of, and gave it all fel ruleset + Insurance, and they timed it with RTB and advertised, it could possibly go over very well. Most of the Returning players I encounter are looking for that hardcore experience they only got from UO back in 99-2002.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It would certainly be good for the prodo shards since most of the cheaters would be on the new shard...
Yes I believe it would work, it may make Atlantic lose a lot PvP players but it would be better both for Atlantic and the ones who move to the new shard.

I think Siege should be the only server with a Felucca rules facet, make all regular servers Trammel ruleset only.
Think there are some of this guys, we don't really want on Siege and they do not want the ruleset we have on Siege.
A clean shard would work better. I do feel, guild war and VvV should be only way to PvP on normal shards. Maybe make some Fel spawn work like battle town, turning all orange. Give the battle spawn a little better drop than non battle spawn. Maybe just let them have a chance to start as a battle spawn.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, lets sum up: Clean the Prodo-Shards from Vermin and make a vermin-attrackting PVP-shard with all the goodies - but completely different from Siege. So we might face a vermin-exodus from all other shards to that vermin-shard where they can trash-talk and comare pvp-penisses all the day. Let them script and afk-farm there, let them enjoy their enonomy. Everybody happy, right?

Thumbs up! Good idea!

...just kidding a bit...

Last edited:

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Actually, if they opened up a fresh server, no transfers to or off of, and gave it all fel ruleset + Insurance, and they timed it with RTB and advertised, it could possibly go over very well. Most of the Returning players I encounter are looking for that hardcore experience they only got from UO back in 99-2002.
Maybe. I really think all the "single character, nerfed skill gain, etc etc" hardcore crap on Siege has been an anchor around it's neck.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah... None of that nonsense. Everything else the same as prodo servers, but fel rules everywhere.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe. I really think all the "single character, nerfed skill gain, etc etc" hardcore crap on Siege has been an anchor around it's neck.
Actually for some skills like Taming... it's a bonus. Same with many of the crafting skills... you use WAY less materials to 120 Blacksmithing, Imbuing or Tailoring on Siege than you would on a normal prodo shard.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Absolutely. I don't understand the complaints about RoT. Imbuing for example: 120 only with unraveling. No mats needed. I wish we had RoT on all servers...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... it's a bonus. Same with many of the crafting skills... you use WAY less materials ...
RoT is indeed certainly a winner for us crafter/gatherer types. I'd say it's likely easier for Barding as well, Disco & Provo went much faster with a guaranteed gain every so many minutes. Timer runs out, do a couple trains, and you have a gain. You don't need to hammer at it.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody should ever be forced into PvP. There should be drops of everything without being forced to PvP for it.
Oops sorry Aran, I meant i wanted them to create a NEW shard, not change the existing shards.
It would not be mandatory to play the new shard.

But even on a fel only shard, it would still be possible to enjoy the economy without doing any pvp. Lets take for example most of the decent drops you get require you to create a party and enter a seperate session. Like shadowguard, medusa, travesty, paroxysmus, dreadhorn, melisande, shimmering, Stigian dragon.
I may have missed some.

Also, @Spock's Beard if they wanted to trammelize the existing shards, that would be ok with me, not sure about others. But that is again, not what i'm proposing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Absolutely. I don't understand the complaints about RoT. Imbuing for example: 120 only with unraveling. No mats needed. I wish we had RoT on all servers...
All I did was unravel stuff my tamer brought home from runs to dungeons... was 120 in no time.

And yeah your Right Barding is a snap and so was cartography and lockpicking.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the people in charge spend too much time concentrating on catering for the existing player base, instead they should be looking at getting the old subscriptions back and getting new subsriptions with ideas like this fel shard. Rather than wasting resources by improving the runebooks then having to revert them because the current bad apple/sour grapes existing player base complains.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just give Siege a try in the meantime! You wont regret it ;-)

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
I wasn't a fan of the Trammel introduction, but I am not for splintering the playerbase even more. And while the incessant trolling and ****-talking in general chat can be annoying (you can use filters, though), I like my felucca with socalled "vermin". Most of the world is already safe, and personally I love the devs decided to infuse Felucca with some value and create incentives to go there - better loot, champion spawns, etc. I think UO needs consolidation, not balkanization..

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not for splintering the playerbase even more. . I think UO needs consolidation, not balkanization..
Having one fel shard would consolidate a lot of the current fel players in other shards to one new shard plus more new players.

It is not the shard of the dead, but of the living. You are quite wrong. Mark 12:27

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its a good idea.

Fel ruleset, insurance, normal training (none of this RoT business) maybe more than 1 character slot.

The only thing that would need serious thinking about would be the server location.

Siege is almost there but for me personally the lack of insurance/1 char slot/slow training just puts me off.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
Perhaps you're right. I'd definitely try it. Maybe it would even attract a lot of new players. Though I would keep everything else the same. Siege is Siege. This would be just a new server with no Trammel.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps you're right. I'd definitely try it. Maybe it would even attract a lot of new players. Though I would keep everything else the same. Siege is Siege. This would be just a new server with no Trammel
I agree with @King Greg above. If they timed it with RTB and advertised it they might be on to something.

Whatever people say there are LOADS of players that log on daily just to PvP. Sometimes you can spend 50% of playtime looking for somebody to fight. If there was 1 main "PvP" server maybe this would work well and make the hardcore PvP players flock to it.

I can't see it happening in all honestly with the small dev team we have at the moment but there is no harm in throwing ideas out there I suppose.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'm sure it will attract pvpers, however do not believe that it will only be a shard for pvp, armour needs to be repaired, people need potions and apples. Good luck killing virtuebane with only parry mages. It would not be just a shard for pvp, you could happily make a killing doing pvm and crafting.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
i'm sure it will attract pvpers, however do not believe that it will only be a shard for pvp, armour needs to be repaired, people need potions and apples. Good luck killing virtuebane with only parry mages. It would not be just a shard for pvp, you could happily make a killing doing pvm and crafting.
Yes just like Siege do have a lot non PvP'ers too. Some just like the risk.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
iIt would not be just a shard for pvp, you could happily make a killing doing pvm and crafting.
Preventing the pkers from once again doing what they did to force trammel to be made and driving out all crafters and PvMers would be your biggest obstacle to an all fel shard succeeding. How do you plan to control the pkers enough to keep crafters on the shard from just going back to one of the prodo shards because their being slaughtered to much to get any crafting done on this new shard?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Preventing the pkers from once again doing what they did to force trammel to be made and driving out all crafters and PvMers would be your biggest obstacle to an all fel shard succeeding. How do you plan to control the pkers enough to keep crafters on the shard from just going back to one of the prodo shards because their being slaughtered to much to get any crafting done on this new shard?
Teamwork, guild belong of both crafters, PvM'ers and PvP'ers. The PvP'ers try to protect their crafters and farmers.

Second, most do not kill the crafter or the farmer, who sell them, what they need.