• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Throw us in a sandbox (fel only shards)

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege economy is getting ready to take a hit. Brokers are offering extremely rewarding conversion rates to gold farm Siege.

Anyone with the slightest game knowledge could make over 40mil an hour after broker conversions.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good more people and your right the conversion is 20 Atlantic to 1 Siege and rising.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Champ Spawns/Powerscrolls.
Harrower/Stat Scrolls
Double gathering resources - love this one.
1000 bonus luck - massive impact.
Additional SoT scrolls in T Chests.
VvV/VvV rewards - yippee! - that was sarcastic. :)

Some people don't know Fel very well. :)
If you really knew fel, you would know there's only one thing people care about, which is scrolls (skill and stat).

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tbh I like the siege concept but, again, everyone is a stealther because they are gunna be as defensive as possible so they don't lose their imbued junk suits. My other issue with siege is the one char slot. It's not popular enough to rely on others so you have to soulstone everything you need and want to do
Pretty much this ^^

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you really knew fel, you would know there's only one thing people care about, which is scrolls (skill and stat).
Disagree.

Think I've only ever lived and played the whole game content from Fel.

I PvP, PvM, farm, gather, craft, t hunt, use rogue, etc etc.
I don't spend my time in Fel only caring about scrolls.

And if that is your perspective, we shouldn't be paying any attention to your comments, as they are too blinkered.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All we need to do now is to add the end of uo topic to this pointless drivel thread. What you will end up with, with a new shard... catering to the pvp crowd is a shard nearly empty of people who "Have to win No matter the cost". oh wait......lol, its emtpy now with uh hrrm ... that very same underbelly..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Acutally if they make one they ought to make 2 new shards and then I preferred the idea someone else had about making a shard for cheaters and everyone caught using cheats, multiboxing or whatever is transferred there where they can cheat to their hearts content but if they cry for a GM they get nothing... and they can't play anywhere else.

but maybe that's me...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I PvP, PvM, farm, gather, craft, t hunt, use rogue, etc etc.
I don't spend my time in Fel only caring about scrolls.
We are talking about things unique to fel, things that people go to fel to do, not the things you can do in fel you can do anywhere else... Sure some tiny number of people may hunt for the luck bonus or go there to mine or chop (of the few non scripters that gather resources) but this whole thread is about the one thing you can get only on the fel facet. Scrolls.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
There is no one in the pvp community that would give up what they currently have and the current economy sustaining what they need to go start fresh on a server identical to the one they are currently playing. Why would I go to a new server for the same exact content? The majority of PvPers do not farm or craft for that matter. They want to log in and PvP. This idea sounds good in theory, but there is absolutely nothing in the current game that would entice players to enter this server just to 'PvP' and escape the trammel player base.

The only thing that would, and should have been done, is era accurate servers. They should have kept 1 dedicated server after every major expansion. Personally I don't see any expansion worth playing after ML because of this constant back and forth ****ty effort to 'help' pvp.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the idea, and I would play it for sure. I would also have it stop at SA expansion, almost every publish since then has made the game worse. I think having a cap of like 4-5 chars would be useful too. Make people choose what to build instead of having every possible template available at login. I don't understand why the tram people would even care if it was made, it should make them super happy. I find it funny they complain on this thread.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the idea, and I would play it for sure. I would also have it stop at SA expansion, almost every publish since then has made the game worse. I think having a cap of like 4-5 chars would be useful too. Make people choose what to build instead of having every possible template available at login. I don't understand why the tram people would even care if it was made, it should make them super happy. I find it funny they complain on this thread.
With soulstones, 4-5 characters will be more than enough to have every possible template available at login. If we get a new shard, no soulstones.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Time and time again, we have issues with trammel players vs fel players, the latest stratics drama is another spin off from the pvp vs carebear community.
As noted elsewhere ... nice way to make it enticing or somewhat welcoming to those who might just want to try PvP.

We have so many issues all the the time where the devs introduce new content, then don't realise or care how it affects the pvp community. When certain things are only available to trammel players.
Soooo, you call non-PvP players names because the DEVS do something you don't like? Really?

I don't understand why we all have to play in the same sandpit. If there was one or more fel only shards, where the whole land was fel ruleset (non transferrable), the fel players and pvp community can play there while the trammel players can play on their shards. And no i don't mean like Siege, I mean a real shard with item insurance, events, eodan.
You do realize the sandpit remark is a 2-way street, right? Why should "carebears" want to be in the same pit as you? Hmmm?

And as noted before - Siege and Mugen are Fel-only rulesets and should satisfy your need to get out of the way of the non-PvP set.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello @Spartan , you're quoting something from April 2016, was probably relating to the devs introducing spirituality buff that was intended for pvm however was being used in pvp, this has since been fixed, and the content that was intrioduced to trammel only was pobably the town buffs, this was not relating the taming publish 97.

Regards

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Gah! I didn't even look at the post date! I am sorry @Mervyn - I really screwed up!

I shall now walk over to the corner, wash the egg off my face and put on the dunce cap! My apologies again. I need to learn reading.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
For once I need to agree with Merv, a fel only shard with the same goodies as prodo shards could be a great way to stop all the bickering between people.
I do like siege, but the RoT gains are just awful, 1 char only?, no recall.... Its fun, dont get me wrong but its like playing without the full picture. True is that more skill is needed maybe, or just a good zerg of templates which help each other. But having to lose your gear all the time when dieng is just stupid, unless you hav trained up 1 char with all the game skills, you are still hindered to make new suits and stuff quickly. PVP is speed not patience. so why have to wait to recreate a suit, if lost, with insurance, then we back up and fighting again.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not for or against this whole concept as such.
(Indeed part of me would love a Fel only ruleset, as I only play there anyway).
It has merits, it has drawbacks.

But overall, I don't see them pulling this off as easily as say what I have suggested on the other thread.
I think it is easier to improve what is there, by opening up playstyles, and causing less friction between playstyles, than creating a completely new shard, with its own rules, you are only going to complicate things further.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would be one of the first ones there! I love the idea of a fel only server with insurance! Always have.

I played on Seige for a little while until reality sunk in. Siege is a great concept for like 1999. Times have changed but Siege did not. To put it simple, UO IS an item based game now and I couldn't enjoy Siege knowing that all the new content is pointless because you cant use the items to pvp. Sure maybe one thing with a personal bless deed but beyond that whats the point?

There are a few things on a fel rule set server I would like to see happen.
1. No reds in guard zones. Make it like the old days where reds could get guard wacked just for being in town. Just like there should be risk for reward there should also be consequences for your actions. Here's to making Bucs Den great again ;)
2. Get rid of Royal forged pardons. Again with the consequences for your actions thing lol
3. 6 character slots
4. Make it transferable to/from other shards. I mean why not? Is protecting the economy of a pvp shard that important to you? We've all been through the grind of starting from scratch at some point. Do we realy need to do it again? I would rather not. Especially on a shard designated pretty much for pvpers.
5. Everything else would receive the same content of any other prodo shard.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Uhhh.. Have you guys been looking at all the wonky patches we've been getting, you know the one's where either 1/4th to 1/2 is broken or it completely unhinges any semblance of balance? This is happening while they try to support 2 variant rule sets, what will happen if you add in a 3rd?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no no no, it would not be a pvp shard at all, i would play as a crafter mostly, it would just be a better economy as less scripting as it's all fel and non transferrable.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ha! The irony!

The PvPers want their own hardcore PvP full loot shard but with a carebear safety net. Its laughable.
It's a stretch for me to see the irony. PvP is just another fight, just with other players. Imagine the outcry from the PvE community if they took away insurance in tram. That my friend would be laughable

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's a stretch for me to see the irony. PvP is just another fight, just with other players. Imagine the outcry from the PvE community if they took away insurance in tram. That my friend would be laughable
Wouldn't care much if half the stupid mobs didn't loot... so annoying they always take my bandages..

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wouldn't care much if half the stupid mobs didn't loot... so annoying they always take my bandages..
Mine too. It's always the heaviest thing it seems. At least the bandages are the cheapest thing to replace. especially if you have a pack full of pinks or scrolls (seems they always leave those)

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no no no, it would not be a pvp shard at all, i would play as a crafter mostly, it would just be a better economy as less scripting as it's all fel and non transferrable.
I see you're point regarding the scripting and the economy. Would love to be able to transfer but would concede to your logic on the issue.

Their seems to be a lot of nay sayers so it's most likely we're just living a pipe dream with your concept. A guy can dream thought right? I guess we will just have to live with the outdated and half assed Siege sever if we want a sandbox fel only ruleset shard.

Last edited:

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Insurance is a complete joke on a PvM shard, I agree. But the PvPers are just as bad. They bandy around the word 'carebear' to non PvPers whilst they do their thing in the safe knowledge that they won't lose a thing. They are more reliant than anyone on their insurance. UO PvPers are without doubt the carebears of the PvP gaming world. UO was meant to be a full loot game and it's become nothing more than a playground for those who like to posture whilst risking nothing.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm a newby to these discussions and pvp so forgive me.

But wouldn't the solution be to give people a better reason to go to Fel? the problem for the pvp'ers is Fel has no one besides the "usuals" ye? but if they actually advanced on this pet training update by releasing pet 130 wrestle / magic scrolls that improve pet AI + inlcuding better reward for hunting in Fel (is luck 1000+ really good enough, some of the legendary artifacts i get from there are good but thats only a handful of equipment slots it's actually useful) wouldn't that give a lot of people a reason to go there? I can only assume it's easy for many to eventually get 120 scrolls for there main pets and it's not a big enough game changer but what I suggest should give people a reason to come and potentially get slaughtered by you pvp mad heads right?